Her Step Husband ✓

By Namas48

••|3rd in Arranged Series|•• Can be read as a standalone I always find myself getting mesmerized by him. And... More

Author's Note
Foreword
Cast
💙Character Aesthetics💙
Prologue
My lovely readers 🧡
Snippet
|one|
|two|
|three|
|four|
|five|
|six|
|seven|
|eight|
|nine|
|ten|
|eleven|
|twelve|
Author's Note
|thirteen|
|fourteen|
|fifteen|
|sixteen|
|seventeen|
|eighteen|
|nineteen|
|twenty|
|twenty one|
|twenty two|
Author's Note
|twenty three|
Author's Note
|twenty four|
|twenty five|
Eid Gift for Readers
|twenty six|
|twenty seven|
|twenty eight|
|twenty nine|
|thirty|
|thirty one|
|thirty two|
|thirty three|
|thirty five|
|thirty six|
|thirty seven|
|thirty eight|
|thirty nine|
|fourty|
|fourty one|
Invitation
|fourty two|
|fourty three|
|fourty four|
|fourty five|
|fourty six|
|fourty seven|
|fourty eight|
|fourty nine|
|fifty|
Important Announcement
|fifty one|
|fifty two|
|fifty three|
|fifty four|
|fifty five|
Aesthetics
|fifty six|
|fifty seven|
|fifty eight|
|fifty nine|
|sixty|
|sixty one|
|sixty two|
|sixty three|
|sixty four|
Author's Note
|sixty five|
|sixty six|
|sixty seven|
|sixty eight|
|sixty nine|
|seventy|
|seventy one|
|seventy two|
|seventy three|
|seventy four|
|seventy five|
|seventy six|
|seventy seven|
|seventy eight|
|seventy nine|
|eighty|
|eight one|
|eighty two|
The Love of Forever

|thirty four|

670 60 74
By Namas48

We got 50 comments on the last chapter. Ty so much for that. Can we get 50 comments again today? If this challenge is achieved, I will make a double update tomorrow ❤

The next morning, Huzaifa woke up feeling all refreshed and happy. Even though there was a long list of comments and messages of disappointment flooding on his notifications because he announced that he wasn't single anymore, still there was a peculiar gratification he was feeling right now.

And that was all to see the havoc his action would bring to his house. His goal would have been achieved much more easily and quickly if he had disclosed the identity of his fiance by tagging Unaiza. But he withheld as it would bring her more hate and his family would have thought that she was involved in this engagement with him equally. He wasn't following her hence she could be saved by everyone's wrath by this.

After getting freshened up, he came downstairs. It was the early morning and guests were sleeping. But as he expected, his new engagement was spotted by everyone in his house. Maybe Hiba had seen his post or some other way which he didn't care. All he minded was the fact that he was able to achieve what he wanted.

Those words stated by his father against him never left his mind ever. The way he said that he would be ruined and come back to his house, pleading for his forgiveness. When he said that he was shameless and Tashfeen regretted to father a son like him who brought humiliation upon him. That wasn't something he would forget in any way.

Grabbing an apple from the fruit basket in the kitchen, Huzaifa walked out towards the lounge where Aqia, Tashfeen, Haider, and Ishmal were standing.

The lion's den. He laughed at his thought inwardly.

Diligently chewing on it, the meticulous sound of his footwear caused everyone to look at him. Tashfeen glared at him while Aqia rushed in his way, shoving the screen of the mobile in front of him where he could see his own uploaded picture of their engagement.

"What's that?" She asked.

"I held an engagement with Unaiza," he proudly replied, taking a big chunk of the delicious and sweet fruit.

Tashfeen curled his fingers in a fist at his answer, probably to stop himself from lashing out at him. While all Aqia did was to stare at him with widened eyes.

"What kind of an engagement is that, Huzaifa? What nonsense do you both do alone and without anyone around you? Are you out of your mind?" Haider snapped at him. 

"I am responsible for it. Unaiza was begging me not to do that without anyone's presence but I threatened her that if she wouldn't oblige, I would leave her as a bride on the wedding day. So don't bring Unaiza into this when she didn't do anything," he explained without any hesitation.

Ishmal and Haider exchanged a confused look while Aqia held his hand and turned him towards her.

"What did you say?" She whispered in disbelief.

Huzaifa shrugged his shoulders. "I wanted to announce my marriage to my fans and that seemed the best option. I wanted to take a picture of us together but Unaiza pleaded that she didn't want to come on camera so I heard her. Hence what I did, I had a right to do that. You can't use this against me."

Tashfeen glared at him. "What is wrong with you? I can't believe you are my son. You have brought so much humiliation upon me that I wish you wouldn't have even been born."

Huzaifa took the taunt with a bone-chilling smile.

"Ishmal, go to Unaiza and ask her to come here," Aqia called her daughter-in-law who quickly nodded and left upstairs.

"Huzaifa, I expected some sense from you. The way you did all this is giving an idea that you might have engaged to someone else. If anyone from our family would see this, do you know what will happen? It's a blessing that Hiba was the one to see it first. I can't even imagine if anyone else would have checked your post and asked us about this unseen engagement, what would we have answered? Be mature, Huzaifa. You aren't a kid anymore," Haider said, with his usual cold and to-the-point demeanor.

"I can't understand why you all are making a fuss out of this. If I am not mature, why are you even giving your dearest Unaiza to an immature person like me? She doesn't deserve to become a bait here." He raised a question innocently.

Tashfeen huffed angrily. "Maybe I should really consider it now."

In the meanwhile, a worried Unaiza entered the scene followed by Ishmal. Huzaifa scanned her and when their eyes met, she understood what was this all about.

Aqia grabbed her hand and caught the sight of the ring. "What's this?"

Unaiza again looked at Huzaifa as her throat went dry. "That..."

"She has no mistake in all of this. I threatened her to break off this marriage so she complied with me only because of the humiliation which she didn't want to feel one more time. Leave her alone. Talk to me because I am the only one to be blamed here," Huzaifa murmured, without any hint of reluctance in his tone.

Unaiza's eyes widened at this. Why was he doing that? There was no such thing happened last night. She made him give this ring to her because she wanted it.

That was enough for Tashfeen. He couldn't take it anymore. "Go back to your room Unaiza. I knew it all along that all this is caused by none other than him," he snarled.

"But," Unaiza murmured but there was no one here to listen because Huzaifa had saved her. Ishmal took her back by holding her hand.

Why Huzaifa was doing that?

                    _________________

Somehow they indicated that this engagement had occurred in their presence to everyone in their family. The issue was resolved for now but another issue persisted and that was how Huzaifa had been behaving. The fact that he was not acting nicely with Unaiza was in the minds of everyone. Did he really threaten her first for that date and then this engagement? How would he treat her after the marriage then?

"I can't trust him with Unaiza. I am going to call off this marriage," Tashfeen announced, as he snapped his jaw together in fury.

Aqia's breath caught in her throat. "This can't happen. The date is fixed and the guests are here."

Tashfeen scowled at her. "I don't care about anyone. I care for Unaiza. That bastard will hurt her to piss me off. He already started it even when he wasn't her husband. After marriage, God knows what will he do to her. I won't be closing my eyes on obvious indications. Unaiza is too precious for me that I will ruin her life for my you or anyone else."

"She won't be able to bear the rejection again, Tashfeen. Try to understand," she reasoned.

"And what about the hell which your son will make her life? I would rather allow her to bear the rejection than to leave her in the pawns of that jerk," he growled.

"Huzaifa can't do that. He cares for her too. I don't know why he is doing that," Aqia mumbled, holding her head in between her palms.

"My decision is the same. Cancel this marriage and throw that bastard out of this house as soon as possible. I don't want to breathe in the same air as him anymore. He took enough advantage of me," Tashfeen rumbled, standing up with a jerk.

Haider followed his movement and came in front of him. He was quiet since all this happened. "Dad, calm down. Let me handle this. Mom is right. The only one who will be affected by this would be Unaiza. And she had already suffered this at the hands of Sarim. I will see everything. It was me who gave this idea of marriage. And I did this while keeping Unaiza in my mind as well. And then if I find the outcomes as same as your thoughts, believe me, I will myself call off this marriage. She is my little sister and I will go to any extent for her."

Aqia nodded. "Haider is right. Let him take things in his hand. There is still one day left till the wedding. Don't think impulsively."

Tashfeen brooded but listened to her because indeed she was right. Huzaifa had smartly played this game where he could do anything he wanted and no one would say anything to him because it involved Unaiza.

                     _________________

Ishmal placed a hand over her shoulder as she found him trembling out of fear. "Are you okay?"

Unaiza lifted her face to stare into her sister-in-law's worried eyes. "Bhabi..."

Ishmal sat beside her on the bed and held her hands. "Unaiza, did Huzaifa really..."

She shook her head quickly. "No, Bhabi. He never coerced me. I...I agreed to the ring exchange by myself. He just asked me if I wanted it or not. I don't know why was he taking the whole blame on himself. I didnt know this would take such a drastic turn. I just liked it to have a first gift as my soon-to-be husband from him. I found it simple yet beautiful. Not...not this weird and deep. I shouldn't have agreed maybe. Huzaifa bore the whole scolding."

Ishmal gave her an interrupted and thoughtful look. "Don't worry, Unaiza. Everything will be fine. What you both did, wasn't that wrong. You were promised to each other anyway. It's just that Abbu was already furious with Huzaifa so his reaction was big. But yes, you guys should have talked to everyone. "

Unaiza licked her lips. "That occurred so quickly that I couldn't understand."

But I still liked that idea of hidden gifts.

She thought to herself because she felt shy talking this to Ishmal.

"Do you like the idea of this marriage?" Ishmal asked.

"Is that bad if I like it, Bhabi?" She questioned back.

Ishmal smiled. "Not at all. You should rest. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for you. I'll bring something to eat for you."

Unaiza grasped her hand when she was about to stand up. "Bhabi, I don't like how he took the whole blame on himself. I was equally involved. But he protected me."

Ishmal stroked her cheek as she grinned. "Be easy on yourself. If he did that, there must be a reason to do so....I'll bring the snacks for you."

Unaiza pouted as her hands itched to call Huzaifa again but she resisted because her own likeness for this dangerous ride was making Huzaifa fall into trouble.

                      _________________

Huzaifa was in the gym right now, doing his daily workout when he spotted Haider approaching him. He raised a brow but didn't stop as though giving an idea that he hadn't noticed him. He continued his exercise on the abdominal bench while waiting for Haider to say something. He knew what it must be though.

"I know why are you doing all this," Haider began, eyeing him curiously.

Huzaifa snorted before pushing himself on his feet again. "What am I doing?"

"You want to tease Dad but you can't hurt Unaiza at the same time," Haider calmly asserted, as the corner of his lip flung up.

Huzaifa clenched his jaw. "You are mistaken. In front of my own self, I damn care about anyone else. I only love myself."

Haider smiled. "I know you are lying. You care for Unaiza, admit it or not."

Huzaifa narrowed his eyes at his brother. "You and I have dealt with the same thing. We have our own rotten egos associated with us. Your ego got hit by a woman and mine by my father. Did you care for anybody else when you were at the peak of bursting out this whole world?"

The answer was clear and Huzaifa himself knew it. That was Ishmal. His brother cared for his wife even after he was still the same dark, ruthless, and dangerous man as before. He even couldn't hurt her when he wasn't in love with her. After falling in love, that would be far-fetched.

"The time will give you the answer, Huzaifa." He patted his shoulder twice. "I am not gonna call off this marriage. Let's celebrate the occasion."

Huzaifa glared at his brother's back before smashing his hand harshly on the boxing bag.

Damn Ursula, why the hell do I care for you?

If it wasn't for you, I would have taken the lead in this game.

But damn you have bound me.

                      _______________

Today was the day of their dholki. The beautiful night, the dreamy surroundings, the happy music, and the giggling of everyone, Unaiza liked that day nevertheless. She was wearing a plain white blouse with a beautiful multi-colored lehenga and green dupatta. In minimal makeup and jewelry, she at least looked graceful to herself. Her hair was tied in an elegant braid which gave her simple vibes.

While Huzaifa looked gorgeous in a black kurta pajama with a black shawl around his neck. She again felt weird and unattractive sitting next to her. But never gave her a reason to do so perhaps.

All this while, Unaiza found Huzaifa's eyes stuck on her. His gaze was so deep and meaningful that Unaiza found her cheeks burning. With a constant smile on his lips, he was making her crazy.

She was feeling bad for what had happened in the morning. He took the whole blame for what happened earlier. After that incident, Haider had somehow convinced everyone that this marriage should occur. Huzaifa didn't know why he did that. But he made sure to make this decision the worst one for Haider and a perfect retribution for his father.

Gaining opportunity, Huzaifa turned towards her. "You are looking lovely."

Her cheeks flushed and she too met his gaze. "You must be angry at me."

Huzaifa lifted a brow. "Why though?"

"Because you need to hear the scolding of my share too," she let out, naively.

Huzaifa laughed out loudly. "It's okay. I love adventures and things like that intensify my urge to do more adventures. They care for you, maybe more than me. But don't worry; I will act as a perfect husband for you so that they will be rest assured for forever. Someone who will take care of you and become a man who will act as a doting husband for you."

Something in his tone made her smile drop and she stared at him silently.

               __________________

AssalamoAlaikum/ Hi guys!

How are you?

So here's the new chapter.

Do you like it?

What do you think will happen next?

Feedback?

Why does Unaiza feel off from his last statement?

Why do you think Haider didn't stop this marriage?

Plz, vote and comment ❤❤

Here you go with the invitation of Barat of our beloved H and U ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.9K 3.3K 28
His foot steps fell near the bed as he pulled out a velvet box from his Kameez pocket. Twisting it in his hand, his lips formed into a sneer as he th...
54.2K 4.4K 20
(Book number 1 of #devil series)💕 "ᴸᴼᴼᴷ ᴬᵀ ᴹᴱ ᵂᴴᴱᴺ ˡ ᴬᴹ ᴰᴱᴱᴾ ᴵᴺˢᴵᴰᴱ ᵞᴼᵁ" She was sprinting along a dark deserted path, not knowing where she was hea...
111K 4.4K 20
I limped towards the kitchen after sending him an email, that I'm on leave today. I couldn't even able to walk properly as I was feeling sore down th...
759K 43.3K 34
❝ She has always dreamed of having that perfect 'home' but then found 'him' instead ❞ A home is something that she has always dreamt of, where she'd...