Insufferable

By gaycrayonn

[There is spelling errors and it's confusing sometimes but I'll try my best to look for them before publishin... More

Chapter 1: Family.
Chapter 2: Roommate.
Chapter 3: Personality.
Chapter 4: Wishes.
Chapter 5: Clueless.
Chapter 6: Explain.
Chapter 7: Help.
Chapter 8: Friend.
Chapter 9: Famous?
Chapter 10: Weird.
Chapter 11: Emergency?
Chapter 12: Betrayal.
Chapter 13: Cute.
Chapter 14: Strawberry.
Chapter 15: Taste.
Chapter 16: Control.
Chapter 17: Talking.
Chapter 18: Eva.
Chapter 19: Lunch.
Chapter 20: Desperate.
Chapter 21: Please.
Chapter 22: Moral?
Chapter 23: Caught.
Chapter 24: Good.
Chapter 25: Careful?
Chapter 26: Crazy.
Chapter 27: Shopping.

Chapter 28: Home.

4K 96 73
By gaycrayonn

★VERONICA★

————

"this movie actually sucks so bad" eva said with a laugh.

"its not that bad" i popped a popcorn in my mouth. "its not really funny, though"

we both looked at the tv as a character made a terribly bad joke that i cringed at.

"can we turn this off now?" eva asked.

"yes. it feels like torture" we laughed a little at that as she backed out of the movie. "how about lovebirds?"

"oh yes i love that!- hold on someones spam texting me" my eyebrows furrowed as i cut on my phone

jed
veronica
hey can you come over?
please
um 911?
v can you please come over as soon as you see these
hurry

my heart began racing as i seen the amount of texts he sent. shit i hope he isnt hurt.

i quickly responded that i was on my way and got up from the sofa.

"whats wrong?" eva asked with confusion.

"sorry to interrupt our little girls hang out but i think jed is in trouble"

"no its okay. go ahead i dont mind"

since i was wearing my black tights and a cozy sweater i didnt bother to change and just put on my slippers. i grabbed my car keys and exited my apartment.

God i hope he's okay..

★★★

my knuckles slammed against the door rapidly without stopping even as they began to ache i wouldnt stop until i got a response.

the lock clicked on the other end making me stop.

"what's wrong? you texted me 9-1-1?" i assessed jed for any damage but saw none besides the red puffy eyes. "what's wrong?"

"m-my m-mom died.." he choked out and began crying once more.

"oh no..." my heart broke for my dear friend as i stepped into his apartment; shutting the door behind me so that no one would see this.

i wrapped my arms around him as he collasped into me crying his heart out.

"its okay. i got you. shes in a better place now, it was time for her to go home" i whisper trying to soothe him.

"w-what about m-my home?! w-what about me? i want her home here!" jed spat with his speech wobbly due to his crying. the tears hadnt stopped completely staining my shirt.

"oh honey.. i know you feel that way now because you lost somebody close to you but—"

"please veronica! just shut up with the God shit. i dont care anymore just.. please" he whimpered holding on tight to me.

i didnt know what else to say so i just sat there quiet for moment before the pain started aching in my knees making me realize we've been sitting on the hardwood floor for a really long time.

"lets move to the sofa" i whisper and patted his arm just in case he fell asleep.

i wouldn't blame him.

he seemed as if he had been crying for a quite a long time before texting me.

jed made no sound as we walked over to the couch but fresh tears continuously spilled from his eyes.

"do you have anyone you can or want to call?"

his voice trembled as he answered me, "not at the moment. my b-best friend has been busy with work in another s-state. id hate to add anymore stress on him. my family cut me off years ago they arent going to answer my calls even if i try"

poor jed. i remember being this exact way when my adoptive parents died.

they were my lifeline and i felt like since they were gone i should just go with them too.

im lucky i had eva with me just like jed has me.

he didnt talk about his parents much and there very well must be a reason but i can tell he loved his mother dearly and she was taken away from him too soon.

we gathered on the couch and i tucked my feet underneath my leg then pulled him into my arms from the side.

i ran my fingers up and down his arm in a comforting way.

"veronica" jed whispered after a long beat of silence.

"hm?"

"i..i like you. more than a f-friend"

my hand stopped rubbing his arm as i froze, looking down at his head for a moment.

his face was bent downward so i couldnt get a look at it.

"jed.."

"i know! and im sorry i just came help it. im a boy.. your a girl. youve been so nice to me, always giving me things and now here for me when i needed? i just.. its easy to get feelings into the mix okay" he blabbered trying to explain it all but i was still at the part where he confessed his feelings. jed likes me?

has he always? why didnt i notice? maybe he hadnt thrown enough signs.

or was i just turning a blind eye to it because i wanted to keep a friend?

"i- you dont have feelings for me, jed..its only because im here conforting you now that you are getting the lines blurred but-"

"no veronica. i have- i have liked you for a while now but im just getting the courage to say something. you dont have to give a clear answer now just please dont invalidate my feelings" he begged even looking at me in the eye.

i crumbled at the sight that he was telling the truth.

"okay.." i finally whispered. "what about eva? what happened with you two?"

"it just wasnt compatible. she had a boyfriend anyway"

i didnt say anything and just looked toward the tv, that was off, as i began getting lost in my thoughts.

he would have to get turned down eventually because im not into guys.. much less jed but he could bask in the fact that i know about his crush toward me now.

i just view him too much as a friend to see him in such a way.

he laid his head back on my shoulder, wrapping his arms around himself.

"i could um.. i could join your relationship. be you guys sub" he offered making me gasp a little.

"jed you want to join a relationship of three lesbians?" i couldnt help but laugh a little with incredulousness. "what even is a sub?"

"i cant explain it but even though i dont like harley and maven i can grow to. if you like them that must mean their nice people. im attracted to nice people.."

"how about we discuss this another time? you get some sleep now. i know all that crying must've took some energy out of you"

"okay" he mumured and as if he'd been waiting for my permission to sleep, jed fell asleep within seconds: slacking into my arms.

i gave him one little squeeze then decided to nap myself hoping that id wake up from the nap before him so that he wouldnt see this as me confessing my own feelings.

★★★

"he confessed his feelings?" harley said with shock.

i nodded my head while running my fingers through my hair still stressed about the situation.

luckily for me i woke up before jed just like i hoped for and laid him down on the sofa.

i was stuck between covering him up because he was shivering and not doing so because he'd try to make that a sign that i liked him but i couldnt just be a bad friend and leave him cold.

he'd know that once i turn him down it was meant as a friendly gesture.

i just dont understand this.

why cant guys and girls just be friends? feelings always have to be thrown in and will ruin a really good friendship.

"yep. he even offered to join our relationship and be a sub for us"

"he did what?!" harley screamed in horror while maven started laughing hard.

"why are you laughing?" my eyebrows pinched together with confusion. "whats funny?"

"the... fact that... he suggested... that" she said between laughs making me twitch with irritation.

"dont laugh at him" i snapped. "i laughed because it came as a shock that he wanted to join the relationship. i dont even know what a sub is but your laughing at him to make fun of him. its not funny. i didnt come here to tell you so you can make him a laughing stock. i came to confide in what happened"

"jesus.." harley whispered clearly not expecting me to go off but neither did i.

it just irritated me she was practically making fun of him. im not a bad friend, i didnt tell them to make fun of him i just wanted them to know what happened instead of keeping it a secret.

"sorry" maven mumbled clearly uncomfortable now. "i didnt mean to-"

"its whatever" i huffed in dismay. "now whats a sub?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 4.7K 21
For which she knew her stalker. Contains: Killing Edging Stalking Orgasm denial Clingy partner Switch couple Strong language Obsessive character P...
76.5K 4.1K 66
[GxG] "I found the assistant." she said with her eyes fixed on the CV. "That's great! You finally found the perfect one for the job!" Wren pressed he...
17.6K 144 4
Short love stories, read it and find out ;)
6.2M 133 1
[COMPLETED] ๐๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐Ž๐†๐”๐„ They're her boss. She's their assistant. They've been in love with her since the day she first came in for her intervi...