✔The Nerd And The Jerk [Taenn...

By -We4slyy-

Kim Jennie Is a nerd. Everyone picks on her. There is only one person who protects her and when he is not aro... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56

45

118 12 2
By -We4slyy-

~Jennie's P.O.V.~

"Yo, yo, yo. THis is Gabe. I'm not sorry that I didn't answer the phone, because I don't like you, or I'm busy doing something better. You decide for yourself if you want to leave a message and I probably won't call you back...Unless you're Nini. So. Um. Bye."

I slam my phone shut, and glare at the phone. "Why won't you pick up?"

I've called him about fifty times, and still, nothing.

"Talking to yourself again, Nini?" My head snaps up so fast, that I'm surprised that it doesn't snap off. Gabe is standing there, leaning against the doorway, with his lips curled up into his signature smirk. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

I realize that my jaw has dropped, and I close my mouth. "Gabe!"  I rush over to him. "I'm so glad that you're here!" I want to give him a hug, but the more I think about it, the more I'm against it.

What if he's still mad at me?

Gabe must've seen me hesitate, because he rolls his eyes. "Come here." He opens his arms wide, and I jump at the chance, loving the feeling of his warm embrace again.
"I missed you." I mumble against his chest.

He sighs, and I feel him lay his head against the top my head. "I missed you too, Jennie. I'm sorry for acting that way. I was an idiot. I shouldn't have to tell you who you can like, and who you can't."

I feel tears prick my eyes at the thought of Taehyung, and I pull back from Gabe just enough so I can see his face. "No, it's okay. You were right anyway. I'm sorry for not listening."

Gabe's eyebrows furrow together when he sees my face. "Why? What did he do to you?"

"Gabe...." I hesitate. "Nothing. Just forget I even said anything."

His jaw tightens, and he closes his eyes. "Fine." He opens his eyes back up, and I see that he wants to do the exact opposite of what he's saying. "But, only because you asked me to."

"Thank you." I smile and hug him again. "Let's never fight again. I hated it when we were."

Gabe laughs and hugs me back, then he takes a step back away from me. "Deal."
After begging my Mom, Gabe ended up spending the night.

We played games, and he made fun of me while I tried to make witty comebacks, but ended up epically failing, and sometime around four o' clock in the morning, we both passed out during 'The Hunger Game's'.

It felt like I was twelve again, except Monica wasn't there.

"Jennie. Hey, wake up." I hear lightly and I feel like someone's shaking me. "Jennie, get your lazy butt up."

I groan and snuggle deeper into my surprisingly comfy pillow.

When Gabe flicks my head, my eyes snap open to see that my head is snuggled on top of Gabe's stomach, and we're both spread out all over my yellow, double bed.

"Ow." I whine, while rubbing my forehead. "That hurt."

He chuckles and yawns. "Well, I'm sorry, but if you don't get up, we're going to be late. It's seven thirty."

I sit up quickly and jump off the bed. "Why didn't you wake me up sooner?"

Gabe smiles guiltily, and moves up onto his elbows. "I was comfy."
I walk over to my dresser, and look at myself in the mirror and cringe.

I look awful.

My eyes have bags underneath them. My hair is frizzy. And I don't have time to take a shower.

Oh, forget this. I'm not dressing up today.

"Do you think your Dad will let me borrow one of his shirts?"

My Dad and Gabe both have the same size in shirts. Well...My Dad is a little taller than Gabe, but other then that, Gabe can wear his shirts.

"I don't know." I say, picking up my brush so I  can quickly brush the knots out of my hair. "You should go ask him."

Once Gabe leaves my room, I throw off my pajamas, throw on a clean bra, a long, baggy black skirt, and a grey sweat shirt, that says, 'I heart Pink.'.

I throw my hair up in a bun, leaving my bangs down, and smile at myself in the mirror.

"Almost done." I put on my glasses, and sigh contently.

That is so much better.

"Jennie, your Da-Whoa."

"I know right." I turn around, and smile the biggest smile that I have in a long time. "I look like me again."

Gabe laughs. "But, I did like the other you too. You were hot." He winks at me playfully.

Against my will, I feel my cheeks fill with heat, and I roll my eyes. "Yeah, whatever."

He smirks at me, then pulls his phone out of his pocket and checks the time. "Come on. We need to go."

I feel their stares on me; their whispers.

I hate it.

Gabe sighs, and I hear him mutter something that sounds like, "Deja vu."

"Whoa! What happened to you?" A guy I'm passing says.

Gabe throws him a dirty look, and the guy shuts up. "Idiots."

"Gabriel, it's okay." I tell him when I get to my locker. "It's just natural that this is going to happen."

He opens his mouth, but the bell rings. "Oh, great. I have to go. I still have to put this in my locker." He lifts up his shirt. "Okay." I push up my glasses. "See you later."

"Jennie?" I groan and bang my head against my locker.

"What now, God? Why?"

He chuckles from behind me, and I bang my head against my locker again. "Why do you look like that?"

"Just go away, Taehyung." I tell him through clenched teeth.

I throw my locker open and pull my bag out of my locker. I turn around, expecting Taehyung to be there, but he's not. I look around and see his retreating backside, walking away from me.

Hmm, strange.

I push my glasses up while looking at him walk away, and feel someone bump into me.

"Oops, I'm-"

Eli, stops mid sentence and his eyes widen slightly. "Jennie? "

"The one and only." I say, smiling and I gesture down to my clothes. "This feels so much better."

The left side of his lips curl up in a half smile. "I bet. You look more happy."

I open my mouth to say something, but then I realize that we're the only people in the hallway. "Ugh, I'm going to be late!"

He looks around and sighs, then looks at me and smiles. "Can I walk you to your class?"

Without meaning to, my cheeks flare up. I've never had someone walk me to class before...Well, except for Gabe.

"Sure. I have English."

"Oh, cool. That's not far from mine. I have History."

You know, I don't see him in my classes...I don't think that I've ever noticed him before.

We walk down the empty hall, and I start regretting that I'm going to be late. I really hope I don't get detention.

When we get outside my classroom, I thank him, and Eli smiles at me.

At first, I think that he's going to kiss me, but he just says you're welcome and walks away from me.

When I open the door to my classroom, Everyone stops and looks at me.

"Well, it's good to see you finally show up, Miss Kim." My English Teacher says, with his eyebrows raised. "Please stop at my desk after class." The class all makes an 'Ohhhh.' sound, and I feel my face burning as I make my way to my seat.

After class, I wait for everyone to leave before I make the slow, agonizing walk to the desk.

"Hello, Miss Kim." The teacher says, looking down at a stack of papers that's laying on his desk. "I assume that you know why you're here."

"Um..I was late?" I say, more as a question then a statement, then I bite down on my bottom lip.

"Yes." He looks up at me, a strand of his loose black hair falling into his eye. "You were late. Do you know this makes it the third time you were late this month?" I gulp and shake my head no. "Well, I could either suspend you for two days, or give you detention on Saturdays for two weeks...Your choice."

My mouth drops. Does he really have to be this harsh with me? "But, I have to work on Saturdays!"

He smiles and that makes me even more mad. "Well, then I guess I'll just have to suspend you."

I sigh deeply, and shake my head. I hate this guy. "Just give me the detention." He writes something down on a blue sheet of paper, and then holds it out for me to take. I pull it from his grip, and he smirks at me. "I hope you have a good day, Miss Kim."

I don't say nothing to him. I just walk out the door. Because if I say something, I'm afraid that I might get in even more trouble.

Well, there goes my perfect day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 703 10
When Jennie kim accidentally text an unknown number but then they both end up in the same university ... what will happen next?
132K 6.1K 36
Y/n, a sassy type of high school girl, who has been dared to date a nerd boy in her class, but she hates boys. Will she fall in love with that nerd...
8.9K 816 15
♛Enemies to Lovers Romance♛ Jennie Ruby Jane is a pureblooded witch, who's in her fourth year at Hogwarts. A slytherin who is eager to be at the top...
145K 4.9K 65
Yoongi is normal student living in Seoul with his older brother and parents. He is your typical good and sweet boy. He doesn't have much friends ju...