Golden Girl II: By Your Side...

By QueenShardhan5000

Orphaned and thirsty for revenge for the murder of your parents at the ends of your first love and childhood... More

♡ 01 | A Better Tomorrow
♡ 02 | An Interesting Morning
♡ 03 | I Want To Join
♡ 04 | Your Heart On His Sleeve
♡ 05 | Rescues and Rewards
♡ 06 | Better be...
♡ 07 | Reunion
♡ 08 | Unbelievably Theory
Question
♡ 09 | Trouble in Paradise
♡ 11 | The Thin Line Between Friend and Foe
♡ 12 | Hurt
♡ 13 | Honesty
♡ 15 | La Ville De L'Amour
♡ 16 | Shattered Potter
♡ 17 | It's A Wonderfull Lie

♡ 14 | Last Tango, Then Paris

27 4 8
By QueenShardhan5000

"Merry Christmas!" Hermione exclaims cheerfully as she walks into the recently emptied Gryffindor Girls Dormitory, catching you in the midst of packing your trunk for the Christmas break.

"Merry Christmas!" you chirp in response, a curious twitch of your nose as a delightful aroma wafts through the air. "Mmm... What's that smell?"

"Fudge!" Hermione beams, holding up a casserole dish filled with tempting chocolate treats. "Mrs. Weasley sends some for me and Harry every year, so I've been practicing to make some for her this Christmas."

"Christmas at Grimmauld Place with Mrs. Black screeching profanities," you giggle as you finish closing your trunk, the thought amusing despite the less-than-ideal setting. "Sounds splendid."

Hermione's expression softened as she settled onto your bed, her eyes reflecting a hint of sadness. "Are you sure you don't want to come?" she asked gently.

"I am," you assured her with a smile, pausing to reflect. "It's been so long since I've seen Fleur and Gabrielle. I haven't met the Delacours since my parents' demise. I reckon I should change that sooner rather than later, seeing as they are my legal guardians now. Plus, Fleur said in her letters that she has some big news to share with me..." You glanced down into your trunk, hiding your blush from Hermione, "...and I am really excited for Cedric to meet my family. He never got a chance to meet my parents, so I really want him to bond with the Delacours." You sighed. "Especially since his dad practically hates me and was livid that I had 'bewitched' his son into spending Christmas away from him. Besides, Voldemort's reach hasn't extended beyond the UK yet, so France is safer than Grimmauld Place."

"Well, Christmas in France sounds magical," Hermione mused, a wistful tone in her voice as she envisioned the enchanting holiday ahead. Then, with mischief dancing in her eyes, she added, "And besides, Paris is the city of love." She made her voice saccharine for the last word, causing you to blush beet red, before continuing in a teasing tone, "You and Cedric taking an evening walk along the Seine, having Butterbeer atop the Eiffel Tower, a kiss at the Wall of Love, putting a lock with your names on Lover's Bridge... things are bound to heat up—ow!" Hermione's words were suddenly interrupted as you swung a pillow into her face, your embarrassment flaming as hot as the sun. "Shut it!"

After a moment of silence, broken only by giggles, Hermione spoke in a more solemn tone.

"I'm going over to the boys' dormitory now to drop off my homemade fudge." She took your hand in hers, squeezing it gently. "You should come along."You look up, glaring daggers at her "I know what you're trying to do, Mionie. Harry is the one who outed me to Cedric and then expelled be from Dumbledore's Army! If anyone's to extend the olive branch, its him."

Hermione's expression softens, understanding flickering in her eyes. "I know, Y/N," she says gently, her voice filled with empathy. "But sometimes, taking the first step towards reconciliation can be the hardest. It's been weeks, and you two have been avoiding each other like the plague. It's putting me, Ron, and Cedric in a very uncomfortable position. We can't hang out with the two of you at the same time, and we have to hide the fact that we're teaching you all the spells Harry teaches us in DA meetings from him."

You keep quiet, focusing on organizing your trunk as Hermione sighs, curling her toes in frustration. "Look, taking the first step doesn't mean you're excusing what Harry did, but it could be a chance to mend fences and move forward."

You remain silent, contemplating her words, but Hermione senses your reluctance. She sighs in defeat, her disappointment evident. "Fine... Forget I mentioned it," she concedes, her shoulders slumping. "I'll just throw this fudge I worked so very hard on in the trash."

"No!" you exclaim, feeling guilty as Hermione grins triumphantly. "Fine. But this is only about tradition and fudge. That's all."

"Yay!" Hermione squeals, bear-hugging you. "Let me just pack up my Ancient Runes books, and we'll go over to Ron and Harry's."

"While you're at it, check if there is an ancient rune for 'pain in the neck'" you add with a teasing smirk.

Hermione rolls her eyes, chuckling.

While she finishes packing, you mull over her words, realizing that perhaps it's time to at least attempt to bridge the gap with Harry. 

°˖✧˚ʚ♡ɞ˚✧˖°

Harry, Ron, Dean, Neville, and Seamus had just finished packing when there was a brisk knock at their door.

"Wait!" Harry hisses as Ron moves to open the door. "Check who it is first!"

"It's Hermione..." Ron peers through the keyhole.

"Okay, then," Harry relaxes, settling into his bed.

"...And Y/N," Ron adds as he clicks the door open.

"No! Don't open the door!" Harry yells, his voice filled with urgency, as he dives under his bed, frantically searching for his invisibility cloak. Meanwhile, Dean, Neville, and Seamus burst into laughter, thoroughly entertained by Harry's sudden panic.

Ron opens the door just as Harry manages to pull his invisibility cloak out from under the bed. Hermione stands in the doorway, holding a plate of homemade fudge, and Y/N is beside her, looking slightly bemused by Harry's sudden dive.

"Hey, Harry," Hermione greets, offering the plate of fudge. "We thought we'd come by and wish you all a Merry Christmas before we head off."

"Merry Christmas, mate," you say to Ron, a mischievous glint in their eye as they notice Harry's predicament.

Harry emerges from under the bed, his face flushed with embarrassment. "Uh, thanks," he stammers, accepting the plate of fudge from Hermione. "Sorry, I thought you were...someone else."

"Clearly," Ron quips, a smirk playing on his lips while you roll your eyes, humming.

Hermione chuckles, rolling her eyes at Ron's teasing. "Well, we'll leave you to it then," she says, giving Harry a knowing look. "Get dressed, Ron and Harry, we're seeing Y/N and Cedric off with Malfoy."

"Right," Harry mutters dune this breath "Malfoy..."

"Why you-" you begin to yell.

 "I'm first for the shower!" Ron exclaims, chuckling nervously, already moving to grab his towel. "Better hurry if you want to go next, or at all, Harry."

"Yes, we'll meet you in the Great Hall." Hemrionie is equally frantic to defuse the fuse lit between you and Harry "C'mon, Y/N. We'll meet them there."

Once Ron and Harry out of earshot, Hermione turns to you with a knowing look. "We need to talk about this, Y/N," she says, her tone serious but sympathetic. "You and Harry can't keep avoiding each other like this."

°˖✧˚ʚ♡ɞ˚✧˖°

"He really isn't coming..." you think, a hint of disappointment lingering in your mind. "Is he?"

"He'll be here," Hermione reassures you, sensing your unease.

"Who?" you ask, momentarily confused.

"Harry," Hermione responds, rolling her eyes in exasperation as you, Hemrionie, Ron, Draco and Cedric stand at the chimney in the Great Hall. You hold your trunking one hand and a fistful of flu powder in the other, all packed and ready to leave for France. 

"Oh, him," you reply with a nervous giggle. "I don't really care if he comes to say goodbye or not." Despite your nonchalant words, a part of you can't help but wonder if Harry will show up before you leave for France.

"You don't need to act so tough, Y/N," Cedric says, his voice gentle as he squeezes your hand. "You can admit that you miss him."

"I don't," you assert, your tone firm as you turn on your heel and step into the chimney. "And I'm not waiting for him."

Cedric gives you a knowing look, understanding the complexities of your feelings. You catch sight of Draco's cold silver eyes, a reminder of the past and the promises you've made. Taking a deep breath, you steel yourself, holding onto Cedric's hand for support as you prepare to face the boy who once held your heart.

With Cedric's hand providing a steady reassurance, you take a deep breath, gathering your thoughts before speaking. 

"What?" Draco's quizzical expression prompts you to forge ahead despite the nerves that churn within you. "I don't like that look."

"I know this is last minute," you begin, your voice steady but tinged with emotion. "But it took me way too long to pluck up the courage to have this conversation, and I know this is not the most ideal way-"

You glance at Hermione and Ron, who exchange uneasy glances, sensing the gravity of the moment.

"-But I need to say this before I leave," you continue, meeting Draco's gaze directly. "I'm not going to see you for over a month."

Summoning all your courage, you press on, your words tumbling out in a rush as you speak from the depths of your heart.

"I've been thinking a lot about us, Draco," you confess, your voice trembling slightly with emotion. "And I realize that I've been unfair to you. I haven't been completely honest about my feelings, and I've been avoiding this conversation because I was afraid of what it might mean." You cast a glance at Cedric, who stands nearby, his expression a mix of concern and understanding. "But I love Cedric, and I can't keep having fights and arguments with him because of that 'what if' with you."

"I'm not trying to get in the way of your relationship, Y/N," Draco says, his tone softening with sincerity.

"I know," you reply, reaching out to take Draco's hand with your free hand. "You've been nothing but supportive. But I can't move on completely without having this conversation. It's not fair to you. Not to me. And certainly not to Cedric. So, I need you to answer just one question for me..." You feel your muscles tense, your jaw set hard. "What are we, Draco?"

Draco's eyes fall to his feet, his expression clouded with uncertainty. "Y/N-"

"I know you're supportive of my new relationship, but after you left to join Voldemort, after you returned, you've told you love me three times. You're always there... Acting like-"

"Acting like what?" Draco snaps, his frustration evident in his tone as he meets your gaze with a mixture of defensiveness and vulnerability.

"Like..." you begin, your voice quivering as tears gather in your eyes, "...Maybe you want me to reconsider... Like you want me to give our relationship a second chance."

Draco's demeanor softens, a fleeting expression of remorse crossing his features as he takes in your words. "Y/N, I..." He hesitates, grappling for the right words.

Draco's eyes shimmer with an array of emotions, his body trembling, his Adam's apple bobbing in his throat, tears streaming down his face. "I-I don't know... I just know that I want to keep my promise to your parents. I want to keep you safe. I want you to be... Be happy."

"Then delve deep," you say with a bittersweet smile, "into the depths of that pure soul I know resides within you, and discern whether your feelings for me are sincere..." Your voice quivers, "...or merely a sense of duty born from the tragedy of my parents' fate."

Hermione, Ron, and Cedric flinch as Draco's facade crumbles.

Your heart constricts at his admission, a blend of sadness and acceptance washing over you. "If it is truth," you whisper, your voice faltering in the frosty air, "then together we'll figure this out...all of us. But if it's not..." Tears gather in your eyes, reflecting the moon's soft glow. "...then, Draco, I beg you, let me go."

In the hush of the night, amidst the chiming bells and swirling snowflakes, Draco's words sliced through the silence, laden with the weight of his revelation. "It is but duty, a path to redemption for killing Mr. and Mrs. Y/L/N," he confessed, each syllable laced with pain. His gaze, haunted and hollow, met yours, laying bare the turmoil within. "I don't love you, Y/N. And perhaps I never did... It was nothing more than a childhood infatuation."

A heavy silence settled, broken only by the mournful melody of distant bells, as the intertwined fates of you both hung suspended in the wintry air.

"It's over," he declared, his voice devoid of warmth. "I shall never speak of love to you again."

"Thanks," you blurted out, though gratitude was the last thing you felt as you trembled. You forced your gaze away from Draco to look at Hermione, who had her hands to her mouth and her eyes teary, Ron wearing a sad expression, and finally Cedric, who looked proud yet worried.

"See you soon," you said, mustering all your strength to not burst into tears right then and there. With one final wave to Hermione and Ron, you and Cedric stepped into the chimney, throwing a fistful of Floo powder onto the floor and whispering, "Butte Montmartre."

And just like that, you and Cedric disappeared in a burst of flames.

"Malfoy!" Hermione gasped. "I-I can't believe I'm saying this... but... why did you lie to Y/N just now?"

"How do you know he was lying?" Ron queried.

"Cedric," Hermione replied in a one-word answer before she looked to Draco again, who was balling his eyes out. "Why?"

"Because..." he manages "...I love her. I love her like crazy. And...I can't make her happy. Diggory can."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 172 41
This is the second book of me and my sister's fan fiction that we are making about Draco Malfoy. READ THE FIRST ONE FOR THIS TO MAKE SENSE! This is a...
26.8K 1.5K 10
[COMPLETED] You're a Gryffindor who gets along with everybody. With everybody but Draco Malfoy. He is always bullying Harry Potter, your best friend...
75.7K 1.4K 76
A Draco Malfoy romance fanfic featuring an original character. Aurora Whitethorn, a 13-year-old metamorphmagus transferred to Hogwarts from Beauxbato...
6.9K 144 21
Life in Hogwarts was not as easy as you thought it would be. You were a very welcomed Hufflepuff in your first year because of your parents' reputati...