Clash of Worlds

By and12winter

A portal between Earth and a fantasy world is discovered near a small town in Central Italy. Ho... More

Lomor Empire and royal family bio.
Kharn continent and other characters bio
Chapter 1: Lost in Another World
Chapter 2:The Portal
Chapter 3: The Contact
Italy bio
Chapter 4: The Team
Chapter 5: The Adventurers' Guild
Chapter 6: Two Worlds Finally Meet
Chapter 7: Cultural Exchange
Chapter 8: Castir
Chapter 9: The Academy of Magic Part 1
Chapter 10: The Academy of Magic part 2
Chapter 11: The Academy of Magic Part 3
Chapter 12: Meeting with The Lord
Chapter 13: The Emperor
Chapter 14: Diplomacy
Chapter 15: History is Being Made
Chapter 16: Visiting Earth
Chapter 17: Rome, The Città Eterna .
Chapter 18: Learning Earth's History Part 1.
Chapter 19: Learning Earth's History Part 2
Chapter 20: Learning Earth's History Part 3
Chapter 21: Reactions
Chapter 22: Lomor's History
Chapter 23: Going to America
Announcement
Chapter 24: The Big Apple
Chapter 25: The UN Meeting Part 1
Chapter 26: The UN Meeting Part 2
Chapter 27: Going Back Home.
Chapter 28: Family Meeting
Chapter 29: The Embassy
Chapter 30: The Nature of Magic
Chapter 31: The Meeting Starts
Chapter 32: Politics and Fairies
Chapter 33: The Embassy Battle Part 1
Chapter 34: The Embassy Battle Part 2
Chapter 35: The Embassy Battle Part 3
Chapter 36: The Aftermath of The Battle.
Chapter 37: War and Peace
Chapter 38: Magic VS Tanks
Chapter 39: Italy Goes to War
Chapter 40: Warriors of The World
Chapter 41: The Coup
Chapter 42: The Battle of Selos Forest.
Chapter 43: The Solat Alliance Attacks
Chapter 44: Echoes From A Distant Past
Chapter 45: The Ambush
Chapter 46: A New Era
Chapter 47: Infitrating the Academy + Politcs and Stuff
Chapter 48: The Siege of Castir Part 1.
Chapter 49: The Siege of Castir Part 2
Chapter 50: The Siege of Castir Part 3
Chapter 51: The Siege of Castir Part 4 (The End)
Chapter 52: Hunting the Demon Lord
Chapter 53: Secrets of The Past
Chapter 54: Planning the Next Moves
Chapter 55: Fortunate Son
Chapter 56: Defeating The Alliance
Chapter 57: Operation Fallen Angel
Chapter 59: The Demon Lord's Stratagem
Chapter 60: Coppelli's Resolve.
Chapter 61: Battle Aganist the Demon Lord Part 1
Chapter 62: Battle Aganist the Demon Lord Part 2
Chapter 63: Now I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds
Chapter 64: New World Order

Chapter 58: The Final Battle Begins

251 12 10
By and12winter

Outskirts of Rocam, january 2028.

"Imperial patrols at 1 o'clock. Engage!" A german leopard 2 tank commander stated while ordering to his tank crew to open fire.

Then, a loud noise came from the tank's main gun and the patrols was reduced to mere pieces.

"Musketeers! Form line! Aim! Fire!" A commander from Lord Selfrud's army ordered to his men.

These soldiers were trained to use 1700's line infantry tactics by Earth's military instructors (it was all Lord Selfrud's ideas because he remembered watching a clip of the movie "The Patriot" when he was learning Earth's history during his time in Rome).

The line formations was tremendous effective aganist the enemy "pike and shot" based army and, combining that with Earth's technology, the oncoming enemy reinforcement had no chance...

Despite that, the path toward Rocam's walls was still very long and more enemy mages were coming to aid the mages together with many demihumans and beasts.

"Shit! Vampires incoming. Get the anti air vehicles ready!" Shouted a canadian soldier and soon, before the vampires could land, all the Earth's anti air power was directed aganist them, knowing their regenerative abilities.

After that, the enemy monster started falling from the sky giving to the viewers a macabre show.

"Everyone, keep pushing! The airforce is clearing the sky for us from enemy dragons and vywerns." An israeli sergeant shouted before locking eyes with an iranian soldier in a very awkard situation...

Some hours later...

"My lord, the Earthling and the vassal armies are about 2 kilometers from Rocam. We already lost about 20 thousand men." A troll explained to the demon lord Xander.

"Keep defending. Force the peasants to fight if necessary. I have to buy time for the little surprise I've been preparing for the enemies..." He explained.

Meanwhile, Rocam's slums, "The Golden Mug" inn.

"The Golden Mug" was one of the imperial capital's most famous inns and, despite being located in the very smelly slums of the capital, it was visited by both nobles and commoners for his very good beer that was rumored to be the best in the empire. There, the earthlings's spies that infiltrated the capital since the very beginning of "this mess" estabilished their base.

"Soon the entire city will be in chaos. It will be the perfect opportunity to rescue the VIPS imprisoned in the palace's dungeons."

"Let's wait for the "green light signal" from the HQ before starting the operation." The spies commented.

Some minutes later, walls of Roccam.

"Prepare yourself men! You are the last stand aganist the otherworlders's desire for conquest. You're the finiset men in the empire and nothing can scare you!" A commander shouted before being hit by an air to surface missile shot by a german fighter plane.

But from who is the imperial army taking order from? Well, the anti imperial faction that was corrupted by the demon lord's magic declared that they deposed the emperor because he wasn't strong enough to stand aganist the earthlings and because of that the empire might have become a vassal of Earth in the future.

Of course, the imperial army had no choice other than believing that. Infact, the alternative was a civil war that would have crumbled the empire (of course, the army didn't know about the war aganist the solat alliance other than some rumors).

"Remember, just like we did in Castir we will have to keep civilians casualties at minimum." General Coppelli ordered to the coalition troops using his radio.

"Let the vassal armies do the street combat and try to mantain a support role in the fight as much as possible. Rocam is three times bigger than Castir and has two more layers of walls  to conquer other than the main one: the one that separates the poor quarters from the wealthy one and the wall that surrounds the imperial palace."

After receiving the orders, the Earth commanders immedialy explained to the lomorian vassals Coppelli's plan.

"Don't worry, we will protect you all time." They stated.

"Do you mean, we will stay inside our machines while the lomorians die?" A lord opposed.

"You are better equipped than us for close combat. Furthermore, we will give you rewards to compensate for your losses and we will not stay away from urban fight: some infantry, paratroopers and armored vehicles will help." 

"If you say so... Come on men, we will take the walls for the emperor!!" The lord shouted while his men were climbing a siege tower and bombarding the walls with their cannons and explosive magic.

Meanwhile, a platoon of european tanks was heading towards the main gate: C1 Ariete tanks, Leopard 2, Leclers and Challengers. Their objective was to destroy it but it harder than expected because the gate was protected by a powerful spell but despite this the tanks after some shots managed to destroy it opening the way to the vassals'  heavy knights.

Some hours later, Rocam's slums...

The fight was fierce: imperial dragons and élite mages from the city's noblity were halting the advance that was later restarted thanks to the help of some russian MI-24 helicopters and some chinese J-10 jet fighters.

"Quickly! Behind me!" Lord selfrud ordered to some of his soldiers in order to protect them with an ice barrier that was created to shield them aganist the enemy crossbowmen.

"Enemy golems ahead! Shit! WTF is that?  Can't see anything..." An italian special force soldier belonging to "Col Moschin" unit stated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9th_Paratroopers_Assault_Regiment_%22Col_Moschin%22

"The enemy is using smoke magic. Switch to termal viewers and watch out for the allies." Said a US marine.

"But the golems don't have a heat signature." The italian stated.

"That's a problem. Zulu-9 do the drones see something?" 

"Echo-1. You're surrounded by enemy golems. Reading the drone for attacking them." Replied the drone commander with his radio.

Then the UAV started bombarding the golems with his missiles while the soldiers dealt with the imperial knights.

While the fighting was taking place the spies finally recived the permission and the operation to sabotage the palace's defence and for rescuing the VIPS started taking place.

Meanwhile, imperial palace.

Xander was standing in front of a very large window that was behind the imperial throne. What was once a simbol of power was now his propriety.

"Come closer, the prey is coming directly to the wolf's lair. Rontio, is everything ready?" He asked to a servant.

"Yes my lord, the reinforncement are ready to join the fight. I can't wait to see the surprise you've prepared for the invaders."

"If I think back to the suffering my races has endured since the great war ended my blood starts boiling. They called us monsters, they hunted us down and hired adventurers to kill and display our heads as trophies. Many of my friends and ancestors have also been tortured while the parents of the childrens were telling them stories that depicted us as monsters that are worse than an orc and a troll. BUT NOW JUSTICE WILL BE MADE!" He shouted.

"I remember when my father died. They came to my village with torches and pitchforks... Luckly, my mother saved me." Xander narrated while a tear was falling in his cheek.

*EXPLAINATION: the demon lord is handsome but the greater part of the demons isn't. They are very ugly and the people are scared seeing them (the orcs and the trolls are  a lot less scary than them).

"In the ancient civilization's ruins I found more about the origin of magic and of my race. These people have beenn foolish to believe in the "God Limir's story" With that I've been able to improve my magic and the ones of my generals by a lot. They will see..." The demon lord said before laughing and taking a sip of wine from a very expensive bottle that belonged to the emperor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69K 2.7K 39
After a mysterious aurora borealis descended upon the Italian Peninsula, Italy and its two micro nation neighbours find themselves in a mysterious an...
193 5 7
Going to school, getting up for work, chores, and paying the bills. These are daily tasks that we all have to deal with. Or as most call this, realit...
5.1K 154 14
[Story under heavy WIP, feedback very greatly appreciated. Title and description subject to constant changes.] "You never know what you truly have un...
75.3K 1.7K 17
Captain Henry Donnager expected a quiet career babysitting a dusty relic in Area 51. But when a test unlocks a portal to a world of knights and magic...