Immortal Lover [QT]

By infernalxqueen

In the last moments, just before his death, a strange entity called system 003 offered Zaccariah a deal. As... More

1. Beyond death.
2. Running away.
4. Not him.
5. Fired.
6. Scary.
7. Use me.
8. Vulnerable.
9. Pretty.

3. New mission.

9 1 0
By infernalxqueen

[Well, according to what happened before I rewound the time, that girl would fall down the stairs, get paralyzed and then be harmed by her ex-boyfriend and his lover.]

"So? What does that have to do with my mission? I understand why I have to take revenge for Isaac, since I am currently occupying his body, but why should I save her?"

[Well, I don't actually know. But sometimes, there are additional missions you have to complete in these worlds. The more missions you successfully complete, the bigger the energy we obtain from this world right after we leave.]

"What do we need that energy for?"

[To travel to other worlds and also strengthen your soul a little bit...actually your soul doesn't need much energy, but it's good to have it either way.]

Zaccariah understood there was something the system wasn't telling him, but he didn't ask, since he knew he wouldn't get an answer.

"Then, tell me who she is, at least."

[Her name is Reina Colt, she is a famous actress and she's only 25 years old. In the original timeline, she was paralyzed after this accident, then her life became harder due to the countless things that this disgusting couple did to get rid of her.]

"Why would they do that?"

[Alain and Reina had known each other since they were kids, then Reina moved to another country and only came back five years ago. Alain had always been in love with Reina, but since she wasn't there, he started dating someone else, who looked a lot like her.]

"No wonder she hates Reina. She is a substitute. She doesn't look much like Reina, though. Is he blind?" Zaccariah laughed.

[Indeed. So, when Reina came back, Alain broke up with Jade and tried to win Reina's love. He spent years chasing after her, until a couple of months ago Reina finally accepted him and they started dating. Reina knew nothing about his previous relationship though, because Alain had sent Jade to another country and forbid her coming here. Everything went well for a couple of months, then Jade showed up, making Reina understand everything. She was disgusted, so she broke up with him immediately, but Alain continued to pursue her once again.]

"So, why does he hate her now?"

[Because Jade seduced him again and made him believe that Reina tried to hurt her. Even though Alain loved Reina, he didn't like how she never asked for his opinion and always did things her own way. He wanted to have control over her, to claim her as his, just like he had done with Jade. But Reina wasn't as easy as Jade. She refused to bow down to a man.]

"So he went back to the substitute. And now he wants them both? What a scumbag."

[You need to stop that scumbag from hurting her, because he will try. He is also a CEO of an entertainment company and has a rich powerful family to back him up, and he currently hates her more than he loves her, so do something.]

"What the hell I am supposed to do? I barely even know her."

[Well, get to know her then. And quickly.]

"Are you asking me to pursue her?" He asked with surprise.

[What's wrong with that? This way, you will have a reason to be near her and protect her.]

Zaccariah pursed his lips and didn't reply. Then, he realized he was terribly late. "Oh, fuck."

He rushed to the meeting, facing many angry people and when that was finally finished, he asked his assistant, Vin. "Reina Colt, when did she sign up with our company?"

"Three months ago, sir. Is there something wrong?"

"Why did she come to us?"

"She was fired by the previous company she worked in."

"The reason?"

"I don't know that, but I can investigate."

"That's not necessary. You can go."

When Vin left, Zaccariah realized that it was time to pick up his nephew. Half an hour later, he arrived at the school. The gates opened and Arlo ran towards him.

"Uncle!" He yelled and threw himself in his arms.

"How was your day, darling?"

"I had fun today. What about you? Were you too late for work?" The boy asked, while Zaccariah secured him in the backseat.

"No, it was alright. However, your mom just found a job today and she won't be home, so what do you say about staying with me at the company for a while? I promise I will try to finish up work as soon as I can." He smiled at the boy and waited for his answer.

"That's okay. Can I play some video games on your phone, though?"

"Deal." Zaccariah patted his head and drove them to the company.

Seeing their president with a kid in his arms shocked everyone there.

"The president has a son?"

"They do look alike."

Melis had been unemployed all these years and Arlo would stay home with her after school, so he had never been at his uncle's company before.

Zaccariah didn't care much about what others said, so he just let them talk and took his nephew to his office. While he was working, Arlo quietly played video games in the sofa and didn't disturb him at all.

"Uncle, I'm hungry." He spoke after a few hours. He couldn't stand it anymore.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot. I'm a bit busy right now. But how about I call Vin? You can go with him and buy whatever you want."

"Yes!" The boy enthusiastically answered.

Zaccariah immediately called Vin to the office.

"Let's go, Arlo." Vin smiled at him and took his hand.

Zaccariah trusted this person, that was why he could leave Arlo in his hands.

While he was working, Arlo had already ordered all his favourite dishes, then he asked Vin. "Let's buy something for uncle too, okay?"

"Of course."

After they ate and took Zaccariah's meal with them, they went back to the company.

Currently, there was something going on, so Vin had to check it out. It looked like a big fight among some people.

"Stay here for a moment, okay? I will be right back."

Arlo nodded and didn't move from the spot.

After a few minutes, a girl approached him and spoke in a low malicious voice. "Are you really the President's son? Who's your mother? Tell me!"

She grabbed his arm with force and was staring at him maliciously. Arlo was scared. He didn't dare move and he was in the verge of tears. This reminded him of how his father used to treat him and he felt helpless.

"Uncle." He whispered, his tears ready to fall down his cheeks.

"Let go of the kid." A woman's voice was heard and she grabbed the girl's hand with great force, twisting it slowly. The girl was screaming in pain.

"What are you doing? Let me go!"

Reina let her go and the girl ran away. Then, she turned to the kid.

"Are you okay, sweetie?"

"I want to go to my uncle. Please." He whispered.

Reina couldn't resist those pitiful puppy eyes. "Alright, darling. Let's go to your uncle. Can you tell me where he is?"

"Up there. The top floor." He answered.

"Oh...okay."

She took the food box from his hands. "Let me carry this. Does your arm hurt?"

She looked really concerned. Arlo could feel she had no ill intentions, so he answered. "A little bit. But, don't tell my uncle. He's busy with work. I don't want to make him worried."

"Oh, you're such a good kid. What's your name, sweetheart?"

"Arlo."

"I'm Reina. It's nice to meet you."

Arlo grabbed her hard tightly, he seemed scared of some people around who were staring at them. The others were watching the messy situation that had happened on the other side, which Vin had been trying to solve.

"Let's see...Well, we can't go up there. So let's call your uncle, then. Do you know his number?"

Arlo nodded and gave her Zaccariah's number. She called him instantly.

"President, this is Reina Colt. Arlo is with me on the first floor. Could you come get him?"

"I'll be right there."

He immediately rushed towards the elevator. In three minutes, he was already on the first floor. He looked around, trying to spot his nephew.

"Uncle!" The boy noticed him first and ran towards him, crying.

Zaccariah immediately took him in his arm. "What's wrong, darling?"

"I'm scared. I want to go home." Arlo whispered and hugged him tightly.

"Alright, it's okay. I'm here now." He tried to comfort the boy, then he turned to Reina. "What happened to him?" He asked.

"I don't really know. But some girl grabbed his arm and he looked so scared, so I stepped in." Reina explained, making Zaccariah frown.

"What did she tell you, Arlo?" He asked.

The boy didn't want to talk at first, then with some coaxing, he whispered everything in Zaccariah's ear.

This got his uncle really mad. He turned to Reina again and asked. "Who was it?"

Reina pointed at one direction. "The one holding her arm and crying." She sneered.

"Someone find Vin for me." He told the people around. They brought Vin there in a few moments.

"You better have a good explanation for leaving him alone." Zaccariah spoke to him in a chilling voice, scaring them all.

Vin realized he had made a big mistake and he immediately apologized. "I'm sorry, sir. I have no excuse."

"Your salary will be deducted. Now get to work and fire that woman."

"Yes, sir."

Vin did as he was told, while Zaccariah kept patting Arlo's back. Then, he spoke to Reina. "Thank you."

"Don't mention it. I just hope the child is alright."

These people had never seen their president care about someone so much. And a handsome man coaxing a child in his arms had a bit of charm, making some girls blush.

"He must really be president's son. Look how much he cares about the kid." Some girl commented.

"But the kid called him uncle." Someone else argued.

"Shut up. Do you want to be fired too?" Her friend told her. They both didn't talk any further.

"Do you want to go home, darling?" Zaccariah asked him, patting his back at the same time, until Arlo calmed down.

The boy nodded.

"Alright. Let's go home then."

Vin was shocked. "But, sir...there's so much to do. You have a few meetings you can't miss and-"

"I said I'm going home." Zaccariah interrupted him. "Postpone the meetings. Nothing is more important to me than my family."

"Yes, sir."

Zaccariah had left an impression on Reina, even though only now did she realize that the person who saved her this morning had been the president of the company she worked for. And she was so mad at that time, she hadn't thanked him properly.

"Let's hope I won't get fired again." She whispered. Then she was reminded of the fact that she still had that kid's lunch box with her. "Oh no."

She rushed after them, and managed to arrive in the parking lot before they drove away.

"Wait!" She yelled and ran to them.

Zaccariah raised a brow.

"Lunch box." She handed it to him. Then explained. "It belongs to the kid."

Zaccariah looked at his nephew, who was already inside the car.

"I brought it for you." Arlo shyly said. Zaccariah smiled, stunning Reina.

Then, he turned to her and took the lunch box from her hands. "Thank you."

Reina was so distracted by that smile, that she couldn't respond. So she just watched them drive away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 428 15
When a college freshman moves to Arcadia for a simple life, she meets a not-so-simple boy with a secret and a British accent. Her world is flipped up...
24.6K 385 9
I was just laying down on my bed, cuddled up with a book, when I heard a faint creak on the stairs. The sound was muffled seeing as the door was shut...
684K 62.3K 36
She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful She is innocent He is cunning She is broken He is perfect or is he? . . . . . . . . JI...
1.7K 155 100
Just a bound of words that creates a poem~~ *Every poem is original and I really do hope you would all love it. Also, some of it were based on lyrics...