๐“๐ก๐ž ๐’๐ž๐š ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฌ๏ฟฝ...

By nyrassire

The tales of when the sea snakes daughter falls in love with a kinslayerv (REWRITE) Aemond Targaryen x OC #5... More

Act I
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Twelve

431 20 2
By nyrassire

As I stared at my reflection in the mirror, adjusting the unfamiliar green gown that draped over my shoulders, I felt a tremor of unease. The lush fabric, an emblem of House Hightower, clung to my body, marking me in colors that were not my own. At eight and ten, I had outgrown the simplicity of childhood, yet here I was, cloaked in a symbol that whispered of allegiances I was still grappling to understand. Queen Alicent had commissioned this dress specifically for me, each stitch a silent assertion of the role she envisioned for me within her camp.

The handmaidens worked around me in a flutter of efficiency, their skilled hands brushing and braiding my hair, their movements precise. They adorned my neck with a golden Seven-Pointed Star necklace, its weight cold and foreign against my skin.

"Careful with the pins," I murmured as one jabbed slightly too close to my scalp.

"Apologies, my lady," the nearest handmaiden whispered, her fingers gentle as she adjusted the pin.

The preparations were for my upcoming visit to the Sept of Baelor with Queen Alicent. Wearing green, especially now, was a powerful statement of political intent. The city was a hive of whispered allegiances and open declarations, and today, I would be making mine alongside the queen.

As the last pin was secured, Genevieve returned to the chamber, her hands empty and her expression somber.

"No letter?" I questioned immediately, a hopeful note barely concealed in my tone.

"No, Your Grace," she replied, her voice tinged with regret.

"It's been four moon, and still no word from my mother," I sighed, my reflection in the mirror blurring as I felt a pang of isolation.

Genevieve approached, her presence comforting. "These are trying times, my lady. Messages are oft delayed or lost amidst the chaos."

I nodded, knowing she spoke the truth, yet it did little to ease the ache of separation. "I just hope she understands why I must do this," I added softly, more to myself than to Genevieve.

"We do what we must for the good of our houses and the realm," she affirmed, placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

With a final glance at my reflection, I straightened my shoulders and prepared to step out. Today, clad in green, I would be seen not just as Lyanna of House Velaryon, but as a key player in the intricate game of thrones that was ever unraveling within the walls of King's Landing. The weight of the Seven-Pointed Star around my neck felt heavier than ever, a constant reminder of the path I had chosen—or perhaps, the path that had chosen me.

As I made my way down the ornate hallways of the Red Keep, the weight of the gown seemed to grow with each step, reminding me of the gravity of the day ahead. Ser Rickard walked beside me, a silent, reassuring presence. His armor clinked softly with our synchronized steps, a sound that had become familiar and oddly comforting in these tumultuous times.

Ahead, I heard voices—low and urgent. Recognizing the tones of my husband and Ser Cole, I paused just behind a pillar, not yet revealing myself. The two were deeply engrossed in their conversation, their voices tinged with concern.

"We must be cautious, Aemond. The Blacks grow bolder by the day, and their spies are as many as the stars," Cole was saying, his brow furrowed.

Aemond nodded, his expression serious. "I know. We need to tighten security, especially around the queen and the council. We can't afford any leaks, not now."

Their discussion was a stark reminder of the lines being drawn within the realm, lines that now seemed to run through the very heart of the Red Keep.

Clearing my throat softly, I stepped forward, letting my presence be known. "Husband, Ser Cole," I greeted them, nodding to the knight. Aemond turned swiftly, his expression shifting to surprise as he took in my appearance. He crossed the distance in a few quick strides and kissed my cheek, his eyes scanning the green fabric of my dress—the color of our political adversaries, now draped over his wife.

"You look... different in green," he commented, his voice low, laced with a mix of admiration and a flicker of unease.

I leaned closer, sharing my concern in a whisper. "Aemond, I've written to my mother several times over these past moons. There's been no response. It worries me deeply."

His brow furrowed, mirroring the concern in my voice. "That is troubling, indeed. Perhaps the letters have been intercepted, or worse, she's being prevented from replying. I'll have some of my men look into it discreetly. We can't take any risks, not with your family involved."

I nodded, grateful for his support yet anxious about the implications. "Thank you. I just hope she's safe."

Aemond placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "We'll find out what's happening. For now, let's focus on today. Wearing green, standing with mother—it sends a powerful message. Are you ready for this?"

Taking a deep breath, I straightened, bolstered by his presence and the resolve in his words. "I am. If this is what's needed to secure our position and protect our children , then I'm ready."

With that, we continued our walk to the carriage, the clink of Ser Rickard's armor a steady beat behind me, a reminder of the ever-present danger and the need for constant vigilance in the shadows of power.

The carriage ride to the Sept of Baelor was silent, the heavy drapes drawn against the curious gazes of the populace. The wheels creaked over the cobblestones, a rhythmic yet jarring sound that seemed to echo the tumult churning within me. Beside me, Aemond sat deep in thought, his gaze fixed on the invisible horizon through the small slit in the carriage curtains.

As we approached the towering structure of the Sept, I felt a familiar tightening in my chest. The Sept of Baelor, with its magnificent domes and spires, was a symbol of divine justice and the sanctity of the Faith. Yet today, it felt more like stepping onto a battlefield, where allegiances would be scrutinized and the colors we wore could determine friend from foe.

Queen Alicent awaited us at the steps of the Sept, radiant in a gown that matched the verdant tones of my own. Her smile was warm, but her eyes held the sharpness of a ruler well aware of the unrest brewing beneath the surface. "Lyanna, you look resplendent today," she greeted me, extending her hand. Her touch was firm, a subtle reminder of the strength she wielded.

"Thank you, Your Grace," I replied, managing a smile. "I am honored to join you today."

As we ascended the steps together, Alicent leaned in slightly. "The color suits you, and it speaks volumes. Wearing green today... it is a powerful statement, my dear. It shows where your loyalties lie, amidst these troubling times."

I nodded, understanding the weight of her words. "I hope it will bring some measure of stability, Your Grace."

Inside the Sept, the air was cool and filled with the scent of incense. The murmurs of the gathered nobility faded as Alicent and I made our way to the front, near the Great Altar. The High Septon awaited us, his aged face serene, a stark contrast to the undercurrent of tension that ran through the congregation.

As the service commenced, I found my thoughts drifting to my mother, the silent halls of my childhood home, and the letters that had gone unanswered. The uncertainty gnawed at me, but here, in the hallowed silence of the Sept, I was reminded of the game of thrones—a game of survival, allegiances, and power.

After the service, as we made our way back to the carriage, Alicent's hand clasped mine briefly. "Stay strong, Lyanna. The days ahead will test us all, but together, we will endure."

Her words, meant to reassure, felt more like a prelude to the storm that was undoubtedly coming. As the carriage door closed behind us, sealing us in the comforting yet confining darkness, I leaned back against the plush seat, bracing myself for the challenges that lay ahead.

From the tall windows of the tower room, I watched Aemond, Aegon, and Ser Cole train in the courtyard below, their movements a well-choreographed dance of steel and strength. The clashing of swords and the occasional shout echoed up, stirring memories of a simpler time when such sights filled me with pride and joy, rather than the complex emotions that twinged my heart now.

Aemond, as always, moved with a lethal grace, his sword a blur as he parried and thrust against Aegon and Ser Cole. The three of them had grown into formidable warriors, each skilled in the art of combat, yet today their playful competitiveness carried a shadow of the seriousness the realm now faced.

The courtyard, framed by the red walls of the Red Keep and the bustling sounds of King's Landing, was a snapshot of their childhood, replayed with the grave undertones of impending conflict. I recalled the days when Aemond's victories were celebrated with laughter and feasting, not the grim nods and tight smiles that marked today's sparring.

Leaning closer to the glass, I watched Aegon attempt a clever feint, which Aemond anticipated and countered with a swift, disarming move. Ser Cole clapped, his voice booming even from this distance, "Well done, Prince Aemond! Still as sharp as ever!"

Their laughter reached me, a haunting echo of the past, and I couldn't help but smile, despite the ache in my heart. These moments of camaraderie were rare and precious, possibly fleeting as the political storm intensified outside the walls of our sanctuary.

Aemond looked up then, perhaps feeling my gaze on him, and his eyes met mine across the distance. There was a questioning look in his eyes, a silent inquiry if I was alright. I nodded and offered a small wave, signaling my enjoyment of their performance, hiding the turmoil inside with a practiced smile.

As they wrapped up their training, wiping sweat from their brows and sheathing their swords, I felt a pang of longing for the days when life was less complicated, when we were all younger, less burdened by the heavy cloaks of duty and power.

The sight of them walking off the training field together, still talking and laughing as they disappeared into the shadow of the keep, reminded me of the strength found in unity. I hoped that whatever the future held, those bonds would remain strong enough to withstand the tests and trials that lay ahead.

AN

My girl feels abandoned 😭😭

What do yall think so far on her story???

Feedback always welcome 🫶🏼 -Ili

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.5K 2.2K 30
๐–๐–”๐–š๐–˜๐–Š ๐–”๐–‹ ๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐–‰๐–—๐–†๐–Œ๐–”๐–“ โ› he would burn down the world if it meant keeping her safe โœ โ”โ” IN WHICH a dangerous pri...
49.4K 2.1K 32
Ares Targayren the Heir to the Iron Throne falls in love with his sisters Best friend Alicent Hightower. As whispers of betrayal and treachery echo t...
145K 5.8K 31
๐—ง๐—›๐—˜ ๐—”๐—ฅ๐—–๐—›๐—˜๐—ฅ ๐—ถ'๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—ถ'๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—›, rhaella visenya targaryen must choose be...
1M 42.5K 123
โ๐‡๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ซ๐ž๐ฆ๐ž๐ฆ๐›๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ง๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ, ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐›๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐.โž History will speak of how much ruin the Targaryen civil war brought to Westeros ju...