Wait ed. (Carla-Billy's Story)

that_stubborn_one tarafından

They say love always wins... That love never fails. I think that's an absolute lie. Saying that means one wil... Daha Fazla

~ random thoughts ~
~ random notes & not so random characters ~
Prologue
Onset
[Billy Talks] Missed
Confessions to My Bestest Boy
Begin Again
Carla is Waiting
Unofficially Official
His Penguin
His...
Falling... Falling... Fall (Wait ed 1b)
Passenger's Seat
Penguin Love
Tagu-Taguan (Rewind)
Officially Unofficial
Locked In
"Boyfriend"
"Tayo"
Finally, the "Girlfriend"
When You Know, You Know
Prelude
What Lies Ahead
"Sub"
Stupid in Love
Love and Choices (Signs and Stamps, Carla and Billy ver)
Cards on the Table
Delaying the Inevitable
Until Then...
Smile, Patricia
Touch-move
Little Star
Rewind and Unwind
Over/Under Circumstances and Change
The How's and Why's
His Zee
The Boat is Sinking
Even Though I Loved You
Unlearning Love
Ground Zero (Y)
Bits and Pieces
Timestamp(ed)
Tracing the Past (His Story)

Back Again

114 12 2
that_stubborn_one tarafından

When that day comes na we see each other again, please be the first one to say "hi!"
Baka kasi mahiya ako.
I hope we won't regret the choices we made today.
Please reach for your dreams, Billy.
Kahit yun lang, masaya na ako.

I was really trying to be strong enough not to cry... because regardless of how hurt and confused and uncertain I was, I am still that four year old kid who doesn't have it in her to break your heart. So I will try... try hard not to cry... until that day that we won't be hurting anymore.

I love you, Billy...
Don't make me wait too long...
Until then...

~P (waiting in/ for the future)~

PS: Ang drama ko...
How I wish that there won't be a time na ...

———

Present Day:

Isabella Espiritu, now Isabela Espiritu Aquino, has just winked at me before she threw the bouquet while everyone else is busy chatting with each other.

The competitive in me immediately moved into action, ran, and jumped to get that flower.
I don't even know why I wanted to get the flowers- I can easily afford to get one, but I just don't want being part of something and not winning it all.

Natalo na ako sa madaming bagay before...
Pati ba naman dito...

I grinned, looked at my best friend, as I took a bow and held the bouquet as if it was a trophy.

I haven't stood up from my curtsied pose when I heard a group of guys, laughing and teasing that one whom I chose not to speak to since the incident last night

He was grinning, his eyes on me, as he readied himself to get the stocking that my best friend's boyfriend, now husband, is about to throw.

I looked at them and before Kiko could take the stocking from Aya, I saw them cheering on Billy and saying something like", It's your turn, Carla. Lucky, your kumpare is back", to which I just scoffed, shook my head, and smirked at that guy's confident grin.

I looked at him and with raised eyebrows, I said, "Why would Billy be part of this, "being Carla's turn"? This is five years too late, don't you think? And isa pa, may boyfriend ako", and there I saw how his face transformed from that boy next door, campus crush ng bayan, to that pikon-and-willing-na-manakit Billy.

"You still definitely knew how to make me mad, Patricia"

"Me? Making you mad? Like I actually give an actual f*ck?"

"You don't have a boyfriend. And watch your mouth"

"Says who? Si Budoy and Chop Chop, which I'm quite certain your conversations won't even make past "how's Carla" because those two would rather be drunk than spill anything about me? Or yung friend mo na busy sa pag-asikaso ng kasal nya? Why do I even bother to explain? Who wants the flower? Wala na akong gana"

I was about to turn around when I heard the commotion and those guys clapping at that guy's back.

——-
Seven days ago:

My plane has just landed in Manila.
The pilot is still doing some announcement, but almost everyone is already dying to alight the plane.

I have always been puzzled by that- I mean makakababa and makakauwi din naman ang lahat, bakit kailangan nagmamadali sa pagbaba?

Siguro, that's really how it is when you haven't been home for long and you longed to finally be with someone you loved.
Home... where is home nga ba?

Part of me is left in the US... the other part, hindi ko na alam.
I heard he came back exactly two years after their scholarship.
He finally got his dream...
Sabi ko naman, kahit yun lang, masaya na ako.

During that time that he's starting his new life, was the exact time I realized maybe it's time for me to finally go after mine. Wala na rin naman akong babalikan- all I have is me, my dream... and that new reason to continue.

I looked back at the invitation and letter that Aya has sent me.
I might have not come back here, but Aya and I have remained really closed friends.
She knew all that I've been through- those stories, those sleepless nights and crying na hindi nakakarating sa GC.

I'm still that easy go lucky, medyo dramatic na kumpare nila Budoy and Chop chop.
We all remain as good friends, despite of everything.

Wala nang piliang nangyari...
I gave way.
Kung kailan ba naman kami tumanda, saka pa kami mag-aaway away.

I exited the group chat many years back....
I still have that pending invite though, pero I chose not to come back....

Ok na tayo, Carla?
Let's go!

~Guess who's back?~

~Without me?~ Budoy

~Eminem?~ Chopchop

I smiled while crying ugly tears...
Yeah... I'm back.
Finally...

~We're at arrival, Tsong! ~ Budoy

~What?!?~

~Tataguan mo pa kami ha~ Chopchop

~Kailan ako nagtago?~

~Gusto mo talagang sagutin namin yan?~ Budoy

~I miss you, Sis! ~ Aya

~I miss you, too! ~

~Hindi na kami sumama sa pagsundo. Will wait for you sa hotel. Kaya na ng mga tropa mo yan~ Kiko

~Guys! Wag nyo namang painumin agad si Carla... Baka naman pwedeng iuwi nyo sya agad dito~

~Grabe yun o! Sinong may sabing paiinumin namin agad yung kumpare ko~ Budoy said while taking a selfie with San Mig light.

~Loko ka, Budoy. May jetlag pa yan~ Aya

~Mga Tol, I'll meet you at the gate~

~Na-miss kita, Tsong~ Budoy

~Pumapangalawa ~ Chopchop

~Na-miss ko din kayo ~

I wiped my tears, stood up and took my bag from the overhead compartment.

I was reading and re-reading our group chat.
Na-miss ko to...

He's not here.
Galit pa rin kaya sya sa akin?

Carla... stop it.
Ikaw nga dapat yung galit.

And dahil hanggang ngayon, gusto ko pa ring nasasaktan ako, I opened the details of the group chat just to check kung andito nga sya..

Andito naman- Billy 🐧
I went back to our chat- nabasa naman nya lahat.
Siguro, hindi nya lang feel na kausapin ko.
Sino ba naman ako?!

Someone from the past... multong nagbabalik.
Aalis din naman ako...
Hindi ako manggugulo.

I looked at how he has programmed his name.
I didn't dare save his number.
Alam ko lang, kasi asa GC sya.
What for ang pag-save ng number kung hindi naman gagamitin?

I looked at that emoji again.
Tsk! Matagal nang naglayag yung Penguin.
Hindi na bumalik...

———-

I was pushing my trolley, looking left and right.
I thought I'd dread this day... pero, hindi pala.
I'm excited to see them actually.
Even without him-

Ngayon ko lang na-realize, I've deprived myself of my friends just because of the pain that I felt because of him.
Ang unfair ko lang....
Unfair din kasi yung life...

I stopped at the gate, went to stand at one corner since sobrang daming balikbayan sa airport.
Malamang... airport nga ...

I took out my phone, about to send them my location, when I saw a shadow in front of me.
The shadow slowly walked towards me until he was just standing an inch or two away.

I lifted my head to look at him- I didn't need to look up to see who he was actually.
I somehow felt him the moment I stepped out of the gate.

"Hi", I heard him whispered.

And before I could even react, I felt his hand on my face, and when I didn't say a word, and just stood there staring at him, he placed his other hand on the other side of my face, as he repeated, "hi!"

....How I wish that there won't be a time na ...you need to open this letter... but if ever that happens, please don't be a stranger. Say "hi" and I'll try to be as civil as I could.
I hope we could still be friends...

Then his lips were suddenly on mine.
It was gauging at first.
A peck on the lips...
I felt my heart was beating too fast.

Should I push him away?
Should I slap him?
Langhiya! Natanga na naman Carla.

And when he probably felt that there's no violent reaction from my side, I felt him pushed me to walk backwards, until my back met a wall.
Then his lips were back to mine, but this time- it's no longer gauging.
It's longing... it's claiming... it's possessive...

And when he stopped kissing me, he looked at me as if trying to read me.
He stared at my lips, and then at my eyes... there's this anger.. annoyance... and was that love in his eyes?

He was just staring at me, probably waiting for me to say something...
But I don't trust myself in saying anything.. not even a word.

He smiled when he realized what I was doing.
His thumbs are still touching my cheeks, and then he whispered, "I can never go back to being your friend, Carla. I've told you that a dozen of times before..."

Day 1 of being back, and here we were, starting a chaos that we both know the present doesn't deserve.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

35.3K 1.5K 125
Ang kwentong ito ay Mula sa kathang isip lamang. Dahil Hindi makamove on sa Stefcam love team. I tried to use my imagination to make some conflicts b...
27K 971 13
A quiet girl who never had too many friends, but she loves the ones she has. Jungkook who is very cute and kind is her best friend.. Will they keep...
24.1K 899 14
SashaWalker is a 23 year old black thick Jamaican girl who loves life she Is the life of the party as that's her escape from reality Nevertheless s...
14.1K 428 38
Actually 'di talaga ako sure dito sa story na 'to, but at least natapos ko. Ayoko lang talaga mag bigay ng spoiler HNAJAHAHXG