WICKETS AND WIDGETS

By Raven_hokage

Meet Aryan Singh, an engineer navigating a world where the engineer's curse is a reality-no luck with girls... More

Writer's Note
Hello, Mr. Adani
Hey, Mr. Jobless
Bonjour, Mr. Singh
Here Comes Singh
Love Has Found Me
National Crush
He's Your What?
Echoes Of Kabir
Broken Bonds
Comatose
I Know Everything
Is Sana Here?
Setting Things Right
Not An Update
What Do You Want?
Worst In Me
It Was Natasha
The Swift One
Face To Face
Let's Get Started
Emotion Called Love
What Lies Ahead [Finale]
Found Deceased
Black Out
Heavy Cloak
Emotional Dilemma
Always
Heart To Heart
Until Next Time
EXTRA
EXTRA (2)
Strength And Weakness
Getting Acquainted with
Promise Of Harmony
End Things
Back To Town
Unknown Number
I'm The Problem
Back To Mumbai
Get Married
Endgame
Epilogue

Mother's Love

169 10 7
By Raven_hokage

"Mom!" I exclaimed, surprised by her sudden return. "You're back?"

"Yeah, I forgot my purse outside, so I thought I'd come back and check on you," she explained. "Now, what were you two really talking about?" She glanced at Kabir.

I hesitated, unsure of how to broach the topic. "We were... discussing some political issue," I replied vaguely.

She raised an eyebrow, her motherly intuition keen. "Aryan, you know I can tell when you're not being completely honest. What's going on?"

Kabir remained silent, waiting for me to lead the conversation. Taking a deep breath, I decided it was time to be honest. "Mom, Kabir and I... we love each other," I confessed, gesturing to the space between us that held more than just friendship.

Her expression remained neutral, giving away little of her thoughts. "Love each other as friends?" she asked, her tone implying she knew there was more to it.

"No, Mom," I asserted, locking eyes with her. "Our relationship goes beyond friendship. We're a couple."

Her reaction was immediate, a mixture of shock and disappointment crossing her features. She remained silent for a moment, her eyes shifting between Kabir and me before she finally spoke.

"This is exactly why I was hesitant about you moving to a big city," she said quietly, her tone carrying a tinge of regret. "I feared you might get caught up in situations like this."

"Mom, please listen," I tried to interject, but her disappointment halted my words.

"I had higher hopes for you, Aryan," she continued, her voice heavy with disappointment. "I believed you would make me proud, but it seems I misjudged."

Kabir attempted to speak, but his words were interrupted by laughter that suddenly filled the room.

Mom wiped away the tears that had gathered at the corners of her eyes, her expression softening. "Why the serious faces, guys? Just because I come from a small town doesn't mean I'd deny you the right to love whoever you choose."

I looked at her, a glimmer of hope in my eyes. "So, you're not upset?"

"Upset? About you loving someone?" She shook her head, a playful pout forming on her lips. "I thought you knew me better than that."

"I was worried you might judge me for being with a guy," I admitted quietly.

She placed a comforting hand on my cheek. "I won't ever do that. And as for the town folks, I've already lost sleep over their judgments once; I won't let it happen again. I'm standing by your side no matter what, well, except if you decide to take up a career in crime," she added with a chuckle.

I couldn't help but smile at her words. "Thanks, Mom. I appreciate that."

She walked closer to us, her gaze fixing on Kabir. Her eyes widened in recognition. "Wait a minute, aren't you that famous cricketer from the TV?"

Kabir nodded, a hint of amusement in his eyes. "Yes, Mrs. Singh, that's me."

"Well, well," Mom said, a playful twinkle in her eyes. "You've landed yourself a celebrity, Aryan. Not bad at all."

I felt my cheeks flush at her teasing. "Mom, please."

She laughed warmly. "Oh, don't be embarrassed, dear. It's refreshing to see you with someone special."

Kabir smiled politely, "Thank you, Mrs. Singh."

Mom playfully waved off any formalities. "Let's drop the formal talk, dear. Just be yourself with us. Aryan's never been one for formalities, have you?"

I grinned, shaking my head. "Definitely not," I replied, glancing at Kabir.

Mom settled into the couch in the hospital room, a curious glint in her eyes. "So, how did all this happen? Last week, you were on a date with a girl, weren't you?"

I shifted uncomfortably. "Mom, please, it's a bit embarrassing and complicated. Let's just say we're together now and leave it at that."

Kabir nodded in agreement. "I second that."

Mom adopted her motherly tone, trying to pull at my heartstrings. "I understand, dear. You don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable. I won't push. But just know, I'm here for you."

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Mom, you know exactly how to guilt-trip me into sharing."

"That's a mother's secret weapon," she replied with a wink.

I took a deep breath and recounted the story to Mom, starting from how Kabir had tricked me on the day I went to score a celebrity for my company. I described our second encounter and how we gradually started talking, especially during Sana's accident, leading to us falling in love. However, I left out the details about the underworld incident.

By the time I finished, Mom's mouth was hanging open in surprise. "You lost your job and never thought to tell me? Did Riddhi know?"

I nodded. "Yes, she did."

Mom narrowed her eyes. "And she didn't tell me? I need to have a talk with her."

"Mom, is Riddhi your secret spy or something?" I exclaimed, feeling a mix of annoyance and amusement.

She chuckled. "Maybe she is. You know, when you were kids, I secretly hoped you would marry her."

I cringed at the thought. "Me and Riddhi? No way."

"I know, right?" Mom agreed with a grin.

Kabir, who had been listening quietly, looked uncomfortable at the conversation. Sensing his unease, I interjected, "Mom, can we not talk about me loving someone else when he's here?"

Kabir glanced at me warily. "So, should she talk about it when I'm not around?"

"No, that's not what I meant," I clarified hastily, realizing how my words might have sounded.

Mom laughed, enjoying the banter. "You two are quite a pair."

I nodded in agreement, I decided to drop a bombshell. "And, did I tell you he also happens to be Sana's brother?"

Mom's eyes widened in surprise. "Sana has a brother?"

I nodded cautiously, not wanting to reveal too much. "Yep, that's Kabir."

Her reaction was instant. "Oh no, I was planning to adopt Sana! But if I do, you two will become step-brothers by default, and that's a big no-no in my book."

Kabir shot me a worried glance, but I reassured him with a subtle shake of my head. Mom was just being her usual dramatic self.

Mom let out another dramatic sigh, prompting me to ask, "What's with the sighs now?"

"It's the grandkids," she replied emotionally. "I was looking forward to having little ones running around, calling me grandma."

Kabir, sensing her emotional response, intervened optimistically, "Mrs. Singh, we could always adopt children."

Her eyes lit up at the idea. "You don't see adoption as wrong?"

He shrugged casually. "Being gay raises more eyebrows than adoption, so no, it doesn't bother me. What matters is the love and connection, not biological ties."

Mom turned to me with newfound enthusiasm. "Aryan, I think you should marry this guy right now!"

I glanced at Kabir, raising an eyebrow. "Think you could facepalm on my behalf?"

Without missing a beat, Kabir obliged, facepalming with a subtle smile.

"Are you saying you don't want to get married?" she asked carefully. "Because I won't accept that. I have dresses waiting to be worn before they're out of style."

"Mom," I replied with frustration, "Let's not rush into things. I'm not saying no, but we can't predict the future."

She looked at me seriously. "You seem discouraged, my son. If that's how you feel, maybe it's best to end things now because dealing with criticism won't be easy. Love requires effort, not just a laid-back attitude."

"I'm not exactly laid-back," I explained, "I just want to make sure before diving into something so serious. Rushing into big decisions isn't wise, right?" I turned to Kabir. "What do you think? Am I off-base here?"

Kabir shook his head. "No, it makes sense. Marriage is a big deal; we've only been together a week."

"Well, back in our day," she chimed in, "we didn't have the luxury of time to decide. Meeting your future spouse before marriage was unheard of, let alone dating. So, I guess I'm still adjusting to this new approach."

"Sorry, Mom, I didn't mean to sound rude," I said, stifling a yawn.

She rose from the couch and came over to me. "You look completely drained. I'll head out now since I've probably overstayed my welcome. You two should take a breather after all this."

I nodded, a grateful smile lighting up my face. She looked at me with affection. "I'm proud of you for being honest with me. And just so you know, I'm a bit surprised, not because I'm against it—I promise I'm not a homophobe. It's just that you always seemed so comfortable in your straightness, so this is a delightful twist."

Her words filled me with warmth. "Do you think Dad would've felt the same?"

"Without a doubt," she replied, her voice unwavering. "Your dad wouldn't have judged you. He would've been overjoyed that you followed your heart, not societal expectations, to be true to yourself."

I nodded, feeling reassured. She then turned to Kabir, her expression apologetic. "I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to chat much, Kabir. Next time, I promise we'll sit down and have a proper conversation."

With that, she left the room, closing the door gently behind her, leaving behind a sense of warmth and understanding.

"That went surprisingly well," I remarked, feeling a sense of relief.

"I told you it would," he replied, his smile growing wider. "Your mom loves you, Aryan. You matter more to her than any labels."

"Hmm, yeah," I murmured, my eyelids growing heavy.

He gently placed his hand on my forehead and ran his fingers through my hair. "You should rest, you must be exhausted," he suggested as he stood up from the floor.

I caught his hand, not wanting him to leave. "Where are you going?"

"Home," he answered softly. "I have a match tomorrow."

I released his hand but smiled at him. "Kick some serious butt out there."

"Yeah," he said, starting to leave the room. However, he paused, turned back, and knelt beside me. He inspected my burnt arm tenderly before placing a soft kiss there and whispering, "Get well soon." With that, he stood up, left the room, and closed the door with a gentle thud.

I let out a contented sigh and closed my eyes, feeling grateful for his affectionate gesture.

Hours rolled by and morning came along, As I groggily woke to the morning light, I found Aditya's eyes boring into me with a twisted curiosity. Startled, I nearly cursed out loud. "What the fuck, Aditya? Are you trying to give me a heart attack?"

He shook his head, a wicked grin spreading across his face. "Nah, shortcake, I heard you were banged up, so I thought I'd swing by."

I shot him a skeptical glare. "And what the hell made you think that was a good idea?"

He shrugged, his grin turning devilish. "Fuck if I know," he chuckled, his voice dripping with mischief. "I've always been a bit of a wild card, not giving a shit about logic or feelings."

"Can you tone down the cryptic bullshit for once?" I snapped.

"That's my charm, shortcake," he retorted, adjusting his glasses and plopping down on the floor. "Seems like I always end up bumping into you and your crew in hospitals. Must be some fucked-up coincidence, huh?"

"Who knows," I admitted with a heavy sigh, shifting my gaze to him. "What's the deal with Natasha these days?"

He looked down, his voice tinged with bitterness. "I don't fucking know, man. She's vanished from the underworld grid, cut ties with everyone. Rumors swirl about her demise, but fuck if I care. I've reached a point where I don't give a damn about anyone anymore. She was the only one I gave a shit about, but looks like I've lost her too."

It pained me to see him like this. Despite his chaotic demeanor, he was capable of feeling deep pain. Softly, I asked, "Are you holding up, though?"

He jerked his head up, a twisted grin spreading across his face. "Oh, absolutely fine. She's gone, good riddance. She needed peace more than anyone, and it seems like she's finally liberated from her demons. I hope."

"She murdered Arjun Das, yes?" I questioned, my tone laden with uncertainty.

He shook his head slowly. "No, she didn't."

"She didn't?" My eyes widened in disbelief. "How the hell do you know that for sure?"

"Because I did it," he replied with a sinister grin, sending a chill down my spine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 1.5K 24
"When unexpected circumstances lead to a life-changing moment ,emotions run high as love, angst, and happiness collide. Join me on a rollercoaster r...
Destined By Ocean

Fanfiction

21.3K 1.3K 12
a short story of subhish , dive into the story to find out what it is?
3.4K 156 12
Set in university of Hyderabad, divided sharply across the socio-economic class Comes a guy named Neel, the college bully.He is your typical alpha ma...
2.1M 72.2K 33
Boy x boy x boy werewolf story. The poor omega finally finds his mate, which is a soon to be Alpha of a different pack.