Never Forget

By Part_of_Shiva

Nathan, an introvert who in spite of having looks and charms has a negative picture about himself pertaining... More

Chapter 2: Transfer Student

Chapter 1: Same Old Routine But...

15 3 0
By Part_of_Shiva

Nathan

Please

Remember

Me

"Ahh"

I jolt up in my bed as I let a silent scream gasping for fresh air, the vivid darkness and the soothing but terrific voice still playing in my head like a tape recorder. But I composed myself since these memories were quite common for me at this stage of my life.

Even if the fan is switched on, I am still sweaty but nothing a cold shower wouldn't fix, though I sometimes wonder who really is that girl and why do I see her shadow covered face every time I sleep.

Questions upon question but sadly, no answers in sight so like always, I give up on the thought.

I looked towards my clock and saw that after one hour the clock will ring loudly to wake me up, but I was awake before the alarm struck 7:00 AM. I turned off the alarm system, before walking to the bathroom to clear the solid debris from my eyes.

After doing my morning business, I took a bath too keeping myself hygienic but then after applying shampoo and washing it off, I look in the mirror and sigh seeing my ugly face. My green eyes twinkled as I moved the strands of my brown hair to the side.

Due to work out, I had a lean build with a sharp jawline and nose though instead of amplifying my looks, it only made me look bad. Putting my hands on the sink, I breathe trying to calm my mind and after feeling the worries vanish like smoke, I use my fingers to pull my mouth backwards to smile.

"Smile Nathan"

I say to my smiling reflection before wrapping a towel around my waist. Sliding my hair backwards, I exit my washroom and stand in front of my wardrobe looking for the school uniform.

After a while of searching since I am a bit messy when it comes to being orderly, I finally find it and whisper a short 'yes' to myself. It consisted of a blue jacket, a white undershirt with a red tie and black long pants.

Pretty simple, but it did look good on everybody.

Checking the time once again, I find that I still have enough time left in my hands and so I go downstairs, quickly grabbing some bread and put them in the toaster while grabbing the jam that stays safe in a labelled container.

I tap my right foot on the ground in a rhythm humming to a music that I created in my head as I prepare the plates setting it down on the dining table before the breads emerge perfectly toasted.

I grab them before dumping them on the white plates grabbing a butter knife before scooping the jam with its help covering the upper surface of the two breads with it, while whistling an unknown tune.

Then I ate them licking my fingertips so that the remaining jam is also consumed instead of getting washed by the tap water adjusted with the sink. I put the plates in the sink as I clean them one by one before putting them in their rightful utensil drawers.

I check the time once again and I had a few minutes before I leave, so I grab a lighter and use it to light up the candles in front of the hanging picture frame of my late parents as I mutter a chant to God, so that their soul stays happy wherever they may be.

I don't have many memories about them, but I know that the only reason I have suffered amnesia but not died is because of them who embraced me during the accident which sent the truck driver who hit us to jail.

So instinctively care towards them enters my heart and affects my consciousness,

Then I quickly exit my inherited house through the front door which has floral designs on it and wear my shoes before rotating my head so that satisfying crack happens and it certainly did, a satisfaction that can never be too much.

"Well Nathan, ready for another day of a boring life"

I muse to myself before chuckling, since it isn't life that is boring but it's me because of which life seems mundane as I am the aggravator of boredom. Then I exit through the gates, thinking about a new book that came out and which I ordered in advance.

Hope that it will come today otherwise I would die out of frustration, and I certainly didn't want to die as some books in my library were still pending, yes, my only reason to live is novels and maybe that's why I wanted to be a novelist when I came out of the hospital (Five Years Ago) where I enjoyed the narration of doctors.

As I keep walking, I wave at my neighbors who were busy tending to their plants, and they wave at me back probably thinking I am worth something when in reality I am not even worth a dollar or a dime even.

"Oye, wait for me!"

A voice came from my back, making me sigh as I realize, the devil boy is here. A hand wrapped around my shoulder, and I slightly hunch back due to the unexpected force, and I force a breath to leave through my mouth as I look at the one who pushed me.

Markus White, the star football(soccer) player of our school and also my classmate who thinks I am his best friend when in reality I never agreed to this arrangement, but I just went with the flow.

Some advice from the war general of heaven, if you want peace just float with the flow except when peace comes in the equation.

Thank you great, war general of heaven, if I didn't find your narration in that novel I would be lead astray and my peace until I die would be ruined. Finding peace according to me is more important than recovering memories through therapy.

Markus originally had black hair, but he had dyed it so now it is blue in color, pretty uncommon and his eyes are naturally grey like the sky when it is very cloudy or foggy. He has a broad muscular build, but his speed is still undefeated even when he is quite heavy.

"Good morning"

I greet him in my slightly cold tone and still he is smiling when others would be deterred by my attitude.

"Good morning, Nathan, are you excited?"

"Why?"

 "You don't know?"

Ok, now I am confused. Last time I checked there is no special event or occasion today, also he knows that I don't enjoy parties preferring loneliness over friendship so why should I be excited?

"No, I do not"

"Oh! That's why you need to interact more with others instead of being like a rabbit hiding in a burrow."

I slap his head, and he yelps at the sudden pain smiling awkwardly as if he was caught doing something immoral and the one who caught was his parents. 

"Sorry for that rabbit thing, but anyways before you hit me, I meant to say how a new student is transferring to our school today."

"And why would that make me excited when you know that I prefer loneliness?"

He is about to retort and explain his reasons, but then he stops realizing what I said is true and this is why I call him a gorilla with no brains as his only plus point is his physical abilities but not intelligence at all.

"Gosh you are right!"

"I always am."

As we keep walking and talking getting closer to our school, without noticing I bump into someone and thankfully Markus was present to grab the slender hand keeping the person in place.

"So sorry" I quickly apologize with my eyes down to her feet since I feel awkward whenever I look directly into someone's eyes except for this guy Markus.

"No worries"

Oh! so, she is a girl judging by her feminine tone and skirt, but I feel as if I recognize her, so I silently lift my head staring at a beautiful girl with a bright cute smile, she has long flowing black hair and a long eyelash.

She looked like a model, but her innocent blue eyes made my heartbeat faster and my head started to pain. 

"Nathan bro are you okay?"

Markus asked concerned seeing my grimace while the smile of the beautiful girl disappeared as her eyes widened in recognition.

"Nathan?"

She asked drawling out with panic noticeable in her tone and the pain in my head increased. Fuck! HURTS! IT HURTS!

First time writing a romcom story so may be bad, hoping you my dear readers give polite criticism so that I may improve myself more and get confidence to write more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 665 5
Night after night, the same man ensnares Meg in dreams that swiftly become more comforting than reality itself. A profound love blossoms for this eni...
1K 232 20
Two complete opposites but from the same world meet at a point. Relive Nazneen Umar Bahzad's and Khalil sheikh Al-farsi's unique but thrilling love...
272 69 20
Shelby's life takes a dramatic turn after being rescued by the enigmatic Darian. Grateful for his intervention, she soon realizes that there's more t...
597K 50.9K 31
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...