Fate's Twist

By JulesVerne2007

Maddy, a 22-year-old veterinary student, has to leave her home and travel to London. There she meets Alex, a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Author's Note 1
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 3

10 0 7
By JulesVerne2007

The sun was glaring into Maddy's face. Kobuk was licking her.

"Wha-? Kobuk, stop it! Kobuk, what is going on? Where are we?" She sat up and rubbed her eyes. Then she remembered. She had moved into a hotel room in London. She checked her phone. Nine- thirty. She had something to do at ten... what was it? What Was It?! Alex! She was supposed to meet Alex for breakfast at ten! She catapulted out of bed and got dressed in a flash. She told Kobuk to behave and raced down to breakfast. Alex was waiting for her right where he said he would be.

"Good Morning!"

"Good Morning!"

"Breakfast?" he said, extending his arm.

"Why yes. Thank you, sir," Maddy said in a playful tone.

They walked down to the restaurant.

"Breakfast for two, please," Alex asked the waitress.

"Of course."

"Thank you."

It seemed, to Maddy, that the waitress gave them the best seat in the house. They sat and ordered their food. While they were eating, they talked about themselves. Maddy learned that Alex was going to Cambridge, had an extensive family, and had three dogs. She told him she was going to vet school, left because of her bullies, and only had Kobuk and her Mom. She learned that Alex was 23 and told him she was 22. After they had breakfast, Alex insisted on paying the bill. They went up to her room and picked up Kobuk. Upon adding Kobuk to their little group, they walked around the city center, and he pointed out all the beautiful landmarks around, including the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, and Westminster Abbey. Then he took her back to her hotel. When they got back, he walked her to her room.

"I would invite you in, but I have boxes, luggage, and stuff all over. I need a place."

"That is ok! See you tomorrow?"

"Sure, if you want."

"Of course! Same time, same place?"

"Ok!"

Maddison and Kobuk entered their room. Kobuk immediately went and drank some water. Maddy went into the bedroom and changed into some comfy clothes. She then took her stuff out and piled it on the bed. She then proceeded to repack in a much better manner than before. After she had repacked, she ordered dinner as room service. She then called the front desk.

"Hello, Concierges. How can we help?"

"Hello, I was wondering if I can get packages delivered here to my room?"

"Of course, you can; just make sure you put the room number and the hotel's address on it."

"Ok, Thank you!"

After she hung up from the concierge, Maddy grabbed her laptop and ordered dog food for Kobuk while waiting for her food. Afterward, she showered, ate, set her alarm, and fell into bed again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beep, Beep, Beep! Maddy's alarm was going off.

"Uggggggggggh!" She groaned. "Oh! Alex!"

This was the fifth day since she arrived in London, and she had spent every day since then with Alex. She was looking forward to every day. She vaulted out of bed and fed Kobuk before getting herself ready for the day. She put Kobuk into his new cage, which she had purchased from Harold's during their excursions, and headed for breakfast with Alex.

"Good morning!" She greeted him.

"Good morning! Shall we?" He responded.

"We shall."

They went into the breakfast room and sat down to eat.

"How are you liking London so far?"

"I love it! I wish I could stay here forever."

"Why don't you?"

"I need a place to stay, for starters. I wish I could live here, but I cannot afford it."

"Ahh, so, where WILL you stay?"

At that point, the waiter came, and they ordered their food. Afterward, they went up to her room to get Kobuk. Alex showed her the secret spots that all Londoners' knew about, but the tourists didn't. That night, she lay in bed thinking about how wonderful London was. She finally fell asleep, only to wake up to her alarm, seemingly moments later. She got ready and jogged down to meet Alex for breakfast.

On the way to her room to get Kobuk after breakfast, Alex said, "I have a surprise for you! We are doing something different today!

"Oh?"

"Yes! I think you will like it too!"

"OK..."

They exited the hotel, and Alex flagged down a taxi.

"Neville Park please."

"Yes, sir!" The taxi driver responded with what seemed to Maddy a bizarre formality.

The taxi driver pulled to the curb in a nice-looking neighborhood.

"Are we going to your house?"

"No!" Alex said, laughing. We ARE going to a house here, though!"

"You are being mysterious... can you tell me the surprise?"

"Nope! We are almost there, though."

They walked down the street to a light gray house that, to Maddy, was cute. Alex steered her to the door and knocked. A woman in a pantsuit answered.

"Oh, Hello! You must be Maddison!" she said to her.

"I am... Who are you? What is going on?"

"Brianna Johnson, Realtor, and...." The woman said, trailing off after a glance at Alex. "Your friend here called me, saying you were looking for a rental house? One that allowed big dogs?" she said, gesturing to Alex.

"I hope you don't mind. You seemed lost in finding a house. Brianna is a... family acquaintance. I just gave her a call without overthinking. You seem to love London." Alex said in an apologetic tone.

"Oh! Thank you, Alex, that is so sweet!" Maddy said. She debated hugging him but thought better of it.

"Well, would you like to see the house?"

"Sure!"

Brianna gave them a tour of the house, which included a HUGE fenced-in backyard, 3 bedrooms, and a finished basement.

"Now, the owner is not asking for much for it; it is only 1000 pounds a month, which is extremely good for this neighborhood and area. I had an inspection done, and nothing is wrong with it. The owner did say you have to accept it by the end of the day, though, or he will give it to a family that is also interested." Brianna told her when they had finished. "Just have Alexan--, I mean, Alex here, call me when you decide."

"Ok... I will! Thank you!" Maddy said, turning to go.

Alex thanked Brianna and hurried after her.

"Maddy, what are you thinking? Do you like it?"

"Yes! I think I could accept if only I knew why the owner is renting it so cheap... and if I knew more about the neighborhood."

"Maddy..."

"Yes?"

"Do you trust me?"

"I just meet you."

"That is irrelevant. You have spent much time with me, so you should have a vague idea of who I am. So, I ask again, do you trust me?"

"Well... I... I... oh, what the heck, I'm in so deep already, yes, Alex, I trust you."

"OK, then you should get this house. This is a good neighborhood; the rent is the cheapest within 500 kilometers of London, and it is perfect for Kobuk. I mean, did you see the yard?!" Alex said, enthusiastically waving his arms.

"I did, but..."

"But WHAT Maddy? I need you to believe me; this is the BEST deal you will get!"

"I still... I JUST got here. I need to learn more about the area and people. I don't know if I even want to stay in Britain."

"I can help you. Was it the Front desk lady at the Savoy? Because I swear, most people here are kind and sweet."

"To YOU, maybe! Not to a 'transplant' like me!"

"WHAT!? A Transplant? What the bloody 'ell do you mean? Londoners and Brits generally are not as cheeky as that lady."

"You know, a transplant. Someone who does not belong but is trying to."

"I have no BLOODY clue as to what you are saying! Maddy, I feel like you BELONG HERE. As in here in Great Britain."

"Ok... Can you tell Brianna I said yes? Because I do want the house."

"Of course, I promise this is the right decision."

"Thank you for the help, Alex."

"No problem, I'll call Brianna right now."

Alex flagged down a taxi to take them back to the hotel. After getting in, he called Brianna.

"Hey, Bri! Yeah, Maddy said she will take the house!" he said as soon as she picked up. "Uh-Huh... OK... All right, I'll let her know! Thanks, Bri!" Alex turned to Maddy, "She says you can start moving in tomorrow, and she will bring the papers over tomorrow for you to sign. Congrats, you live in Britain now!"

"That's great! Thank you, Alex!" Maddy said. She thought that he sounded excited for her to stay. The thought made her warm inside. The taxi pulled up to the hotel, and she got out. "See you tomorrow! Right?" She asked Alex.

"I would love to help you move in, but I have something... work-related to do; I'll see you the day after?"

"Ok! My House?" she responded, proud to be able to say it.

"Yes, Maddy, YOUR house. Oh, and I forgot to mention, it is a rent-to-own situation, so the house will be yours after a few years!" With that, he shut the door, and the taxi drove off, leaving Maddy standing bewildered in the entryway of her hotel, with Kobuk flopped over on her feet.

A/N Comment if you like and ideas for future Chapters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 14.7K 46
The feeling of being abandoned by one's own family was not unknown to Aadhira. She hates her family for abandoning her when she was only a newborn, l...
468K 16.7K 193
Won Yoo-ha, a trainee unfairly deprived of the opportunity to appear on a survival program scheduled to hit the jackpot, became a failure of an idol...
436K 27.2K 39
Let's see how different personalities mends with each other to form a beautifull bond together. Where the Eldest is calm and cold, Second is aggress...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...