Stay with Me

By ASDadore

Meeting more people made her realize that not everyone is the same in this world but it also showed her how a... More

Welcome Back🥳
Prologue.
1. Scared of loosing his son.
2. An exam.
3. Project secretary.
4. Hardworking.
5. Sweet stress.
6. Apology.
7. Sweet and bitter memories.✨
8. Repercussion.
9. Rose and Stone.
10. Joseph Hill.
11. A viral scandal.
12. I dont know you.
13. A difficult situation.
14. Vile snake.
15. Heart ache.
16. Blame.
17. Her confidants.
18. A silent protector.
19. Considerate.
20.
22. Her last resort.
23. The reward is from the Almighty.
24. Gab's name cleared.
25. Speechless.
26. The Top Floor Tour.
27. The two of them😶‍🌫️
Bonus Chapter✨
28. Survivor.
29. Jummah.
30. Camping.

21. Scary feelings.

169 20 34
By ASDadore

The lights downstairs were switched off except in the kitchen. Sitting on the counter beside the stairs was Safiyya in dark ash pajamas, sipping a mango-flavored yogurt. Besides buying food earlier, Alfred bought yogurts and ice cream. So after putting Joseph to sleep, Safiyya came downstairs to rest while enjoying the sweetest flavor, to her, that is.  

She flung her legs gently, still deep in thought. Safiyya was relatively calm compared to before in Gab’s case but she was still worried. And then, she has to prepare the best for Joseph this coming weekend. 

Lost in her thoughts, she felt the light before her dim or rather, someone covering it. Her round eyes trailed his pants to the ash t-shirt as he reached out to the cupboard probably to take out a tumbler. She stared eyes widened at how his arm muscles flexed with his movement, the cologne invading her senses, that she stopped her movement. 

Alfred closed the wardrobe and looked down at the young lady. Her ponytail lay neatly on her back with a hair band, smoothing the front hair. Her bright green eyes stared quietly at him and he got caught in its whirlpool. He sometimes wonders how someone’s appearance and movement mesmerized others. If he were to stand here and have her watch him all night like this, wouldn't it be like a dream? Her eyes brought him peace, only if she knew.

“What are you doing here?” He still asked. What else sounds better than her voice too? 

“Hmm?” Safiyya blinked in confusion. 

Typical Safiyya, he sighed inwardly. 

“In the middle of the night, instead of sleeping. What are you doing out here?” Alfred asked again. He was a man of few words but with this wife of his, he found himself speaking a lot and wanting to know what she was doing. 

“Oh,” Safiyya pursed her lips her face slightly reddened. She was caught shamelessly staring. 

“Just resting,” she said lowly. 

“Okay,” Alfred nodded and walked to the refrigerator. Safiyya followed his steps as she wondered why he was suddenly full of questions lately. He turned around and she quickly turned her gaze. Alfred returned to where she was and drank from his cup. 

“Don't get involved in whatever the outcome of Gab would be tomorrow,” he told her after dropping the glass. 

“I can't,” she frowned, showing her stubbornness. 

“Do we have to argue about this again?” he raised an eyebrow. 

“But…” she wanted to refute when he finally said, “I know what's happening and it's being taken care of. Do you think I would watch an injustice happen?” 

Safiyya was quiet as she stared at his firm blue eyes. What injustice were they talking about here? Was it about Gab or her too? But he gave his words, right? She would try to trust him tomorrow. 

“Clear?” he inquired. 

“Sure,” she shrugged with a faint smile and Alfred felt assured. He wasn't planning on letting her down also. 

“Right, sir Alfred.” she began, taking his attention again. “I have spoken with Yousef a lot and after seeing what he loves, I've planned a lot for his birthday,” 

“Okay?” he urged her to continue. 

Safiyya seemed excited to discuss this as she dropped the juice cup beside her and started explaining with her fingers.

“We are taking this opportunity to give him a beautiful holiday too even if it's for two days. There are many activities Yousef wants and after thinking of them, I decided what's best to do that can cover everything,” she said enthusiastically.

“That is?” Alfred asked curiously.

Safiyya cupped her mouth and whispered the word to him but the next reply made her pout. 

“No,” Alfred shook his head. 

“Why would you say no?” she whined and started counting, “ There would be fishing, painting, and games, just mention it and it's a good opportunity to take a breather. We've been indoors for a long time,” 

“You can still do that inside the house, but outside is a no,” Alfred said and turned to leave when he grabbed his hand but since she was so close to the edge and her legs didn't reach the floor, she slipped. Luckily, Alfred turned around immediately and caught her. He held her tiny waist tightly while she clutched his shirt fearfully. 

Safiyya could hear her heart beating rapidly in such a close position as their faces were barely inches away, while Alfred was quite frustrated with what just happened. 

“Why are so careless?!” he demanded. 

Safiyya gasped but still spouted, “You weren't listening to me,” 

“How is that an excuse when you were saying the impossible,” he returned. 

“Come on. It's just two days and Yousef would love it,” she insisted. 

“Then go with him alone,” he hissed and tried leaving again but she held his shoulder back. 

“Please,” she stressed cutely. “Yousef will only be happy when his father is there,” 

Alfred tightened his jaws at this now. He knew he ought to leave earlier just to escape her charm that made him bend his rules easily but it was inevitable now. Who can reject such an offer? 

Safiyya watched him hopefully and he eventually nodded. “Just two days,” 

“Yay, that's more like it!” she grinned and threw her arms around his neck. Alfred stood there petrified as his head lowered, breathing more of her soft shampoo. He instinctively closed his eyes as waves of peace shrouded him suddenly. It was a feeling he couldn't describe and doubted if he ever felt so and he didn't want to let it go. 

Safiyya realized what she had just done as her eyes widened in bafflement. She shook as she felt the large hands on her waist move. She quickly pulled back and shifted back. 

“Sorry,” she whispered without raising her head. She felt him move back quietly. 

Alfred saw how frightened Safiyya looked like she had done something so bad. She wasn't looking up and her interwined fingers trembled nervously. He took more steps back before rushing upstairs to his room. 

He lay on the bed and hugged his pillow. 

“What the heck just happened?” he kept asking himself. What was that feeling that was pulling him to get more? It was scary to think but that was what put him to sleep that night too. 

*****

In a luxurious five-star hotel, the room’s door opened and a woman walked in wearing a beige gown and white heels. She looked in her forties with her brown hair held in a beautiful bun. She flung her heels aside and settled on the couch while loosening her hair which had white streaks already. 

Her phone rang and she hissed before taking it out of her purse. It was her right-hand man calling. 

“Richey, care to tell me why you called so late at night?” she asked annoyingly. She just came back from a long business party and was damn tired. 

“I'm sorry Madam but I have important news for you. It's been going around the magazines and internet and I am sure it's crucial to you,” Richey said seriously. 

“Okay okay. Just send it,” the woman waved her hand and ended the call. Rows of messages entered her phone immediately and she checked them only to sit up abruptly. 

The headings were mostly saying, the Hill family was finally exposed. The next generation of Hill. It had pictures taken from Hill Corp’s tech display showing Joseph Hill in most of them and how close Alfred Hill treated him and he even admitted he was his son. 

The woman’s eyes blazed the more she read. She stood up quickly and forgot she was tired. Without wearing her shoes, she left her room and headed for the reception. The receptionist's head was down when a black card was dropped on the table. He raised his head and saw it was one of the important clients. 

“How can I help you Madam?” he asked politely. 

The woman went straight to the point, "Which room is Ramirez Hill?“ 

Her husband came here too but they hadn't spoken for almost a month it surely was time for the curfew to be over. 

Salam people. So I wanted to delay that hug until another scene but those two never follow me when they are together, so I let them be. Anyways, how was it?

And what has Safiyya planned?

This girl is so bold sometimes that even I am blushing.😊

😎 hehe. Who was mentioned last? It seems like a storm is coming.

Should I continue from there or...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 505 16
Second book in Her series ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Never rush in love for it never runs out. Let love be the one to knock on your door so tha...
153K 7.4K 46
Guys it's going to be a pure and innocent love story. If anyone is looking for a dark romantic story then it's not for you. But still you are welcome...
606K 32.3K 54
💞Winner of Infinity Awards 2018👑💞 Assalamualaikum and hii everyone thanks for choosing my book to read. hey don't worry I'm not going to bore you...
783K 69.4K 87
[Previously known as 'Have you'] Have you ever felt so alone? Have you ever felt like they stabbed you in your back? Have you ever thought you w...