Midnight Bite 🔞

By I29f5s7

The story is set in a world where vampires have taken over, and Lily, a young woman from a lost prestigious r... More

PREVEIW
LILY'S FATHER COMES HOME
LILY IS ADOPTED
THE MYSTERIOUS MAN
THE AZENKIAL EMPIRE
LILY'S BIRTHDAY PLAN
ANASTASIA LEARNS THE TRUTH.
LILY'S UNEXPECTED DREAM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY(Lily gets Kidnapped)
LILY GETS CAPTURED
ASHER SAVES LILY
LILY MEETS ASHER
IN THE DARKNESS(1ST BITE)
The KrinxTomb Empire(Rivalry Empire)
Marked by Lord Asher.

LILY ABOUT TO ESCAPE

7 1 0
By I29f5s7

The moon hung low in the sky, casting a silver glow over the Azenkial Empire. In the quiet of the servants' quarters, Lily whispered to her new friend, Elara, a common maid like herself.

"Are you certain about this?" Elara's voice was a soft murmur, barely rising above the sound of distant revelry.

Lily nodded, her eyes resolute. "I've never been more certain of anything. Tonight, I leave this gilded cage."

Elara glanced around, ensuring their conversation remained private. "The guards change shifts at the third bell. We'll have a brief window to slip past the eastern gate."

"And the passphrase?" Lily asked, her hands fidgeting with the hem of her dress.

"Whisper 'The nightingale sings at dawn,'" Elara instructed, "That's how they'll know you're one of us."

Lily took a deep breath, committing the words to memory. "The nightingale sings at dawn. I won't forget."

Elara reached out, squeezing Lily's hand. "Freedom is worth the risk. Remember, once you're beyond the walls, head for the willow grove. Our contact will find you there."

.............................

As the third bell tolled, its deep chime resonating through the stone halls, Lily's heart raced with the promise of liberty. She slipped through the shadows, her steps light and silent. The eastern gate loomed ahead, a towering structure of iron and wood.

"The nightingale sings at dawn," she whispered to the cloaked figure waiting in the darkness.

A nod, and the gate creaked open, revealing the world beyond. Lily stepped through, the scent of freedom intoxicating.

Elara watched from a distance, her heart swelling with pride and worry. "Be safe, my friend," she murmured, a silent prayer to the stars.

"I hope you can go further from here", prayed Elara silently. But this was not the main gate of the Empire, and Elara knew it.

.......................................

The gate behind her closed with a soft thud, and Lily found herself enveloped in the vast expanse of the Azenkial Empire's gardens. She had assumed it was the main gate, but as she ventured deeper, the manicured hedges gave way to wilder foliage, and the path beneath her feet became less certain.

She paused, a frown creasing her brow. "This isn't right," she muttered, her breath forming clouds in the chill air. The realization dawned on her; Elara had misled her. This was a sub gate, a mere servant's exit leading into a labyrinthine garden that was more akin to a forest.

Elara, why?" she whispered to herself, the sting of betrayal sharp in her chest.

Her pace quickened to a run, the rustling of leaves and snapping of twigs beneath her feet punctuating her urgency. The vast garden was a forest in disguise, a natural labyrinth designed to disorient and trap the unwary.

Above, unseen in the darkness, Asher,  observed her flight with a predator's focus. His powers allowed him to trace her every move, his mind weaving the threads of her fate with a sorcerer's precision.

Run, little bird," he murmured, his voice a low rumble that stirred the leaves. "But the cage you flee from is larger than you know."

Lily, unaware of the dark Lord's gaze, pushed on. The main gate had to be there, beyond the deceptive calm of the garden-forest.

....................

In the thick of the garden, Lily saw a soft light. She walked towards it and found a magical fox glowing in the dark. The fox, called a Lumifox, spoke to her kindly.

"Are you lost?" asked the Lumifox.

"Yes, I need to find the main gate," Lily replied, feeling a bit less scared.

The Lumifox flicked its tail, and a path lit up. "Follow this," it said. "It will take you to the gate, but be careful. The dark Lord is watching."

Lily thanked the Lumifox and started following the bright path, hoping to escape the dark Lord's eyes.

Lord Asher was watching from the dark, a small smile on his face. "That Lumifox is always getting in the way," he said quietly to himself. "It likes to show off, helping others and telling secrets. I'll catch it later."

He looked at Lily moving away. "For now, I'll just watch Lily, my little bird trying to fly away."

He sees Lily as a challenge or a form of entertainment, a “prey” in his game of power and control within the Azenkial Empire. His interest could be driven by a desire to assert his dominance .

...................

Lily's breaths came in ragged bursts. Her once-pristine gown was now torn, stained with mud and sweat. The Lumifox wondered if she understood the price of her escape—the cost of defying the Azenkial Empire's iron grip. But it dared not speak; its voice was meant for whispers in the wind, not mortal ears.

As they neared the main gate, the Lumifox's glow intensified. It had seen him.—a spectral figure with eyes like shards of obsidian. Lord Asher, the dark Lord, was no ordinary mortal. His power seeped into the very earth, twisting roots and leaves into malevolent shapes. The Lumifox knew that Asher's hunger for control extended beyond the palace walls; it reached into realms unseen.

And so, when the Lumifox sensed Asher's approach, it hesitated. Fear rolled over its small form, and its light flickered like a candle in a storm. "Go," it urged Lily, its voice barely audible. "Find the gate. I will distract him."

Lily, oblivious to the Lumifox's inner turmoil, stepped toward the gate. The Lumifox darted behind a gnarled oak, its glow dimmed to a mere ember. From there, it watched as Asher materialized—a wraith in black velvet. His eyes, twin voids, scanned the garden, seeking prey.

The Lumifox's heart raced. It had seen Asher's cruelty—the way he toyed with lives, unraveling destinies like threads. But it had also glimpsed his loneliness, the ache that gnawed at his immortal soul. Perhaps that was why it had chosen to help Lily—a fragile human with fire in her eyes.

Asher moved silently, his boots brushing dew-kissed grass. He was drawn to Lily, sensing her desperation. The Lumifox held its breath, knowing that its sacrifice would buy her precious seconds. It would face Asher, reveal its secrets, and pray that Lily reached the gate.

And then, as Lily's fingers grazed the cold iron, Asher was upon her. His touch was ice, his fingers like talons. He pinned her to the oak, his breath a whisper against her ear. "Little bird," he murmured, his voice both velvet and steel. "You thought you could flee?"

Lily's eyes widened, terror etched across her face. She struggled, but Asher's strength was otherworldly. His lips brushed her skin, and she tasted the bitterness of fate. "Your wings are clipped," he whispered. "And now, my dear, you belong to me."

Lily was scared and upset. She thought to herself,

“I was almost free. How did this happen?”

But she didn’t want to give up. “I won’t let him win,” she told herself.

She remembered all the good times before and how much she wanted to be free. “Someone will help me again. I can get out of this,” she hoped, trying to be brave even though Lord Asher had caught her.

Asher's eyes were like a dark, starry night that made Lily feel a mix of fear and excitement. When he looked at her, she felt a strange pull, as if she was being drawn into a deep, mysterious world. It was scary but also a little bit thrilling, like the beginning of a new adventure.

In the heart of the Azenkial Empire, where whispers of magic still lingered, there was a prophecy known only to the oldest of sages. It spoke of a lady with **brown hair** and a **pure soul**, one who would capture the heart of the dark Lord Asher for all eternity.

This lady, the prophecy foretold, would be the shield against the darkness that threatened to engulf the kingdom. Her presence would be the balm to heal old wounds, and her courage would unite the fractured lands.

"Under the watch of the brown-haired guardian, peace shall return," the ancient texts proclaimed. "For her heart is the key to the Lord's, and together, their love shall be the empire's unbreakable armor."

As Asher's gaze met Lily's, something within him stirred—a recognition of something profound and ancient. Could she be the one the prophecy spoke of? The thought sent a shiver through him, for if it were true, then perhaps she was destined to be not only his captor but also his salvation.

As Lily stood against the tree, the sky turned a deep shade of blue, and soft rain began to fall around them. Asher's hand gently touched her lips, and even though she was scared, she felt something else too—a warmth that she didn't expect. The raindrops made the moment feel like a scene from a dream, and for a second, Lily forgot about escaping. They were just two people, close together, under the rainy blue sky.

As Asher's fingers gently brushed against Lily's lips, a whirlwind of thoughts raced through her mind. She was surprised by the softness of his touch, contrasting with the firm grip that held her against the tree. Confusion mingled with fear and an unexpected sense of curiosity about the man who was both her captor and part of an ancient prophecy.

Why is he being gentle now? she wondered, her heart pounding in her chest. Is there more to this dark Lord than meets the eye?

Despite the situation, Lily couldn't help but feel a strange connection to Asher, one that the rain seemed to amplify as it fell around them. The cool droplets on her skin, the warmth from his touch, and the closeness of their bodies under the vast, blue sky created a moment that felt almost... romantic.

Could the prophecy be true? Could there be peace and protection for the empire with him? The thoughts were daring, almost rebellious, given her desire to escape.

Asher's voice, low and intimate, cut through the rain-soaked air. His breath, mingling with hers, carried a weight of secrets and longing.

"Lily," he murmured, his fingers still pressed against her lips, "You are not like the others."

The words held a promise and a threat, a delicate balance between vulnerability and power. Lily's heart raced, torn between fear and a strange yearning she couldn't explain.

"The prophecy speaks of us," Asher continued, his eyes searching hers. "A lady with brown hair, a pure soul. And a dark Lord who craves redemption."

The rain intensified, as if the heavens themselves bore witness to their tangled fate. Lily's mind whirled, caught between the pull of destiny and the desire to break free.

"Choose," Asher whispered, his lips brushing her forehead. "Stay and be my salvation, or flee and be my eternal chase."

But for now, all she could do was breathe, raindrops mixing with tears.

Asher suddenly let go of Lily, stepping back as if waking from a trance. "I'm sorry," he said, his voice barely above the sound of the rain. "Forget I said anything. It was all nonsense."

With those words, he turned and walked away, disappearing into the rain and darkness towards the castle. Lily stood there, shocked and soaked, watching him leave. She was free but left with a heart full of questions and a mind swirling with what might have been.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 5.8K 60
**** COMPLETE **** This novel centers around Faith, a young black woman in her early 20s that's given up on the thought of love. That is until she fi...
58K 4.6K 26
Book 1 - The Royal Blood Collection The world is filled with infighting and desperation; uncertainty is rife. Humanity hides of a night, fearing the...
2.1K 125 59
Prologue She leads a simple life and is unaware of her great abilities or the existence of the supernatural world. She finds herself drawn to two cha...
2.1K 90 18
Welcome to a dark and twisted world where the powerful pull the strings, leaving the weak with no option but to obey. Here, Lily and Allora must figh...