Barbie Unexpected

By uhohrambo

Flau'jae committed to LSU to play basketball but she's also committed to music. Angel was the one to keep her... More

characters.
1.
2.
3
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
author's note!
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.

12.

790 27 7
By uhohrambo

Flau'jae
April 2nd - Championship game
location: Dallas

As the buzzer went off, I looked at the scoreboard one last time before I ran to coach and picked her up. 102-85. I can't believe it. I can't believe it.

Im so overcome with emotion, I just sat on the floor, covering my face of course. I can't show the world i'm a crybaby.

We did it. We really did it. For the first time ever we are the national champs. I can't believe this.

Im not even sure when I got up or how but I ended up in the circle with the team, Mani was holding the trophy up. We really did our big one.

I ended up in Angels arms she's pulling me away from the circle hugging me, really just holding me, helping me hide my face.

My face is practically in her neck and I couldn't resist giving her a subtle peck before I started saying "this is for you! this is for you baby!"

She knows i'm overwhelmed with emotion and there's cameras around so she's just shielding me until she pulled back and helped wipe my tears.

As they setting up the stage, to properly present the trophy, I stopped cause I know that I don't hear them playing my song.

Angel came running over to me recording, "FLAU THEY PLAYING YOUR SONG!"

So I wasn't tripping.

I just won a national championship and they playing my song?

Dreams really do come true.

I'm not even crying anymore i'm hype as hell. I went and took the trophy from whoever had it cause this my moment!

Im a national champion and they playing my song! I kissed the trophy cause "THEY JUST PLAYED MY SONG WHILE I'M HOLDING THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY QUIT PLAYING WITH ME MAN"

I'm on another level there's no other freshman out there. What my song say?

They be saying Big 4 ain't on this, Big 4 ain't on that

Guess what?

"I'M LIKE THAT, FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR, NATTY MY FIRST YEAR, BIG 4 I'M LIKE THAT!"

I told the press before I went to cut the net.

"THE PRICE JUST WENT UP!" I said as I got off the ladder

where my girl at? I thought as she was walking up to me.

It was her turn to go cut the net and she had me record her.

"The queen herself let's go, come on!"

As I started recording for her I thought "Get all the angles for Ms. Reese, gotta all the angles for Ms. Reese, come on!"

Did I say that out loud? I did. I couldn't help it though, I mean let's be honest that thang be thanging so of course I wanted to see it in all angles.

"I'm proud of you baby" I said at first but I had to quickly correct myself "i'm proud of you girl"

She just laughed, I don't think she caught it cause its too much going on and other people still had to cut the net.

I actually don't mind slipping up but its too many people around so I hope they ain't hear. I don't want the public to get a piece of this cause they gone run with it.

instagram

liked by mulkeylsu, manidollaz and 226,581 others

biggest4 102-85. National Championship. Freshman Year.
comments have been turned off by creator.

POV: Angel

WE'RE NATIONAL CHAMPS!

This is not what I envisioned when I came to LSU, we really worked hard since the summer to get to this moment and i'm so thankful.

This is bigger than me, bigger than us. I didn't think I was gone win a national championship my first year here at LSU.

I'm so happy I don't think words can explain it.

I ended up finding Flau'jae just holding her cause I knew she was gone be emotional. She's had a lot on her plate and never faltered. This is what I mean when I say its bigger than us.

It's for her, to work as hard as she does in multiple specialties and come out on top as a freshman, that's a big deal so she should cry and i'll be her shield.

As we embraced her head was mostly in my neck so I could block her from the cameras that surrounded us.

It was quick but I know I felt her lips on my neck. Did she just kiss me? She just kissed my neck?

NoNoNo.

I couldn't even process it before she ended up telling me this was for me, that all of this was for me.

She's so wrong but I know i'll let her know about that later. Right now I just want to make sure she's good and can celebrate without crying.

I pulled back and wiped her tears before I walked away to go do interviews.

I don't know how many I did before I had to cut one short because I heard them playing Flau'jae's song.

I ran up to find her cause I needed to make sure she knew this was real and not her imagination.

Her face lit up as her song blasted through the speakers for thousands of people to hear.

I really couldn't be more proud of her. This is what she works so hard for and i'm glad i'm able to witness it.

It was time to cut the net and as I waited for my turn, Flau'jae went before me, hype as hell as she should be yelling "The price just went up!" She's not wrong.

I was watching her and mama kia interact and I couldn't stop looking at her.

She's so beautiful.

Seeing her happy and in her element like that makes me feel all bubbly inside.

It was my turn to cut the net so I asked Flau'jae to record for me since she just came down and was right there.

She did willingly after calling me a queen.

She has a nice way with words and i'll never get over it. She knows how to make a girl feel good about herself, not that I need the confidence but she makes sure I won't forget who I am. I hope that never changes.

Once I cut my piece of the net and got off the ladder I heard Flau'jae call me baby before correcting herself to girl. I can't say I wasn't disappointed cause she had it right the first time but I let it be for now.

It won't be a mistake calling me baby here soon.

instagram

liked by lexluthorr, mulkeylsu, and 857,436 others

bayoubarbie 😘
comments have been turned off by creator.

POV: Mani

I ran off the bench looking for the trophy, idc that I didn't play. WE JUST WON A NATTTYYYYY

Now Angel and Flau'jae can get their shit together quickly.

Me and Lex are supposed to be playing matchmakers but Lex has been so busy worried about winning a championship, I mean rightfully so, look where we at?

Once the game became a blowout I started coming up with ways to get them together.

I failed obviously.

As I had the trophy, parading around the center of the court with it, I came to a halt when I see Flau'jae crying and Angel holding her.

See this what I like to see. I need them to tell each other how they feel so they can start acting on it.

Angel doesn't know that Flau'jae likes her just as much as she likes her if not more.

I mean she might know cause they have been acting a little more flirty. Im not even mad at it though cause i'm ready to say finally.

I seen Angel eyes get big for a quick second but I get it cause Flau'jae's face is in her neck so maybe she feeling hot about that.

I don't know where Lex is but I need to find her cause we got to get a move on this plan, like im tired of waiting.

I know everyone is celebrating our win and of course i'm happy about it too but I would also like to celebrate Flau'jae and Angel finally telling each other how they feel.

I feel like that's the better win than this national championship.

Okay maybe not better but walk with me, win the national championship and the girl that you literally won the championship with??!?

That's the most romantic storyline ever.

I don't want to see a spontaneous kiss scene or nothing but considering how they couldn't keep they hands off each other two days ago in public... it's bound to happen.

Yea they think I don't be noticing but I don't have anything better to do but watch.

Plus Angel told me that she was panicking cause she felt like kissing her.

it's levels to this.

Once I found Lex, Angel and Flau'jae were over cutting their pieces of the net, I motioned for Lex to look over at them because I think anybody could see from a mile away that Flau'jae was watching Angel a lil too closely as she went up and down that ladder.

We just looked and laughed cause it's really like we don't have to do too much cause they gone stop walking on eggshells around each other and something is bound to happen.

I tapped Lex letting her know that I was going to get a plan brewing for when we get back to campus. She nodded and then got distracted by some girl behind the ropes. Here she go.

I went over to Angel hugging her excitedly while also whispering to her "it's time" and I already knew she knew what I was talking about.

We came to the agreement that after the NCAA tournament, no matter the result, she had to sit down with Flau'jae and talk to her.

I know she scary as hell when it comes to this type of stuff but I have faith she gone pull through cause she's definitely craving that girl in more places than one.

It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

"I know" She said looking down. "It's getting harder to resist her and she keep doing things in public" I acted shocked but like I said after last game, chile all they do is subtly touch each other it doesn't matter who watching.

It became time for the presentation and I let Angel know that she needed to be on her best behavior cause now everyone can see. Especially cause they in the front.

Believe it or not they kept it together but I know here soon they won't be able to... I can't wait.

We need to get home now.

ANGEL WENT NUMBER 77777 WE'RE GOING TO CHICAGEAUXXXX.

also im sleepy so this chapter is probably bad...
it's finna get good from here i hope it'll be less basketball more them 🫡

leave ya thoughts, don't be a ghost! y'all be easy!

-rambo 😼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 201 18
When College Hoops + Love cross paths...
99.1K 3.5K 29
"Can you promise me one thing Jojo?" "Yeah." "Promise me that we'll be best friends no matter what." "I promise we'll be best friends no matter wha...
15.4K 559 17
Y/N and Ja have met a few times but the conversation never went beyond a brief hello. After winning her first WNBA Championship with the Las Vegas A...
18.9K 293 15
It's Lauren's first year at UConn. After being at Iowa for 2 years, she wasn't sure what to expect. What happens when she meets basketball star Paig...