Checkmate.

By K_wriites

BWWM I scoff, "you think I'll get on my knees & beg to an asshole like you?! Well-".I'm cut off by a raspy c... More

Introduction
Chapter 1. - Grey Eyed Asshole.
Chapter 2- Surprise, Suprise.
Chapter 3- Friend group.
Chapter 4- Let hell begin.
Chapter 5- Pay attention.
Chapter 6- Practice makes perfect.
Chapter 7- Perv.
Chapter 8- I'll give you what you want.
Chapter 9- Bathroom break.
Chapter 10- Dont get comfortable.
Chapter 11- Sandwich.
Chapter 12- The race.
Chapter 13- Sore loser.
Author's note
Chapter 14- New face.
Chapter 15- Dog
Chapter 16- Found you.
Chapter 17- fuck buddy.
Chapter 18- the Deal
Chapter 19- secrets revealed
Chapter 20- Turning point.
Chapter 21- Game Day.
Chapter 22- The Game
Chapter 23- Celebration.
Chapter 24-Princess
Chapter 25-Project
Chapter 26- Alone.
Not an update
Chapter 27- The mistake.
Chapter- 28 Drunk.
Chapter 29- The box.
Chapter 30- Pizza
Chapter 31- Taste āš ļø
Chapter 32 - The news
Chapter 33- The ball
Chapter 34- Class
Chapter 35- Hoodie
Chapter 36- The Fight.
Chapter 37- Winner
Chapter 38- Details
Chapter 39- Agreement.
Chapter 40- The Deal.
Chapter 41- Compliment
Chapter 42- taken
Chapter 43- Aftermath
Authors note (not an update)
Chapter 44- Anger
Chapter 45- Sapphire
Chapter 46- Back to normal.
Chapter 47- touch me
Author's note
Chapter 48- Chaos
Chapter 50- M.I.A
Chapter 51- Safe
Chapter 52- Free
Chapter 53- Yes.

Chapter 49- traitor

1.5K 72 27
By K_wriites

Please excuse mistakes, proofreading/ editing tmr!

DANTE'S POV

Flashback to the day before

"You're still stuck on these delusions." Amusement tugged at my lips while my father continued to tell me his plans for my life.

"These delusions will become reality, or you will not take over."

"There has to be another way. Something, anything. I won't marry her. Ever." I say sternly, I won't do that to myself or Ria.

"Alright, sign an alliance with an empire. Show me you can run this without marrying her for the alliance. If not? I'll get rid of your little fling myself, and you will marry Anastasia."

His words ignited a sudden ping of anger inside of me. "Listen, and hear me well when I say this if you ever do anything to harm her you will regret it old man. Family or not."

He's taken aback by my words. "You'd jeopardize our relationship for her? I'm your father!-"

"And you've barely been that! Don't fuck with me. I'll get this alliance signed, and when I do you and your little minions can fuck off." I stand, walking out.

End of flashback.

Current time

My body relaxes as I feel Zaria's chest rise and fall as she sleeps on top of me. Hearing her talk about Gio made me want to help her forget everything that bastard did, and it made me want to protect her.

Zaria came into my life unexpectedly months ago. I tried to convinced myself I despised her. Yet here she was, lying in my clothes, in my bed. Fucking hell.

She lightly shifts, trying to get more comfortable I assume. She clutches onto me so tightly, as if she was afraid I was going to disappear if she let go. I wrap my arms firmly around her waist.

I won't ever let go.

She slowly wakes up, her eyes puffy from crying. She lifts her head, squinting her eyes. "You're up already?" She mumbles, still half-sleep.

"I didn't wake up too long ago." I haven't been to sleep because I needed to make sure you were ok.

"Oh." She says, suddenly turning her head away. "I'm sorry about last night. It was- a lot."

"Don't apologize for shit. I appreciate you trusting me enough to tell me. It took courage, Ria."

"Now." She turns back to face me. "Special arrangements?" I was hoping she let this shit go.

"Right." I sit up, bringing her to straddle me. "You won't be seeing Anastasia anymore."

"You killed her?!" Her eyes go wide- but not with fear- with excitement?

"No you fucking crazy woman. Those are the special arrangements. I have another way of dealing with my father's bullshit. It doesn't involve marriage."

She flashes that smile I've wanted to see all morning. "Really?" I nod, moving in to connect our lips. I get a sudden sense of Deja Vu when her small hand clamps over my lips.

"Morning breath."

I can't help but chuckle, "get off of me." I stand, tossing a laughing Zaria onto the bed before walking into the bathroom.

"Fucking morning breath." I mutter.

. . .

"Where is she?" Jayden questions, pacing back and forth.

"She'll be here. Relax. She's getting dressed." I respond. Since Zaria's original meeting with her mom was ruined, she was finally able to make it back.

And Jayden? Was a nervous wreck. "What if Zaria doesn't like her? I can't have my sister not liking my mom, that's so fucked up!" He tugs at his loc still pacing.

"Jay? You ok?" The door cracks open revealing Zaria. She's dressed in a little orange sun dress. It perfectly fits her body and the orange on her skin tone made it look 10 times better.

If her mother wasn't on the way I would-

"I'm all good Zaria. All good". He turns to her, pulling her into a hug. "My- our mom will be soon-"

"I'm already here."

ZARIA'S POV

My head whips to the door behind me as a soft, soothing voice speaks. I look to see a short, older lady looking back at me. Her eyes- looked like mine.

"Mom." Jayden says. Pulling away from the hug. He walks to the women. Grabbing her hands and leading her to me. "This is Zaria."

"Zaria." The woman reaches out, her eyes watering and filled with emotion. I feel mine begin to water as well. "My little Rose."

Rose?

I step closer to her, "Hi." Really? all this time to prepare and you say fucking hi?

"You look so much like your father." She whispers, cupping my face in her hands. "I'll never forgive myself for what happened to you. I should've known."

Tears run down her face and I shake my head. "It's not your fault. You're here now." I look at Jayden and Dante. "Do you guys think we could have some alone time?"

Dante nods, pulling Jayden out as he attempts to pull away.

"So. Where do we start?" I say nervously. She steps back, motioning to the chair.

"Let's sit. I'll answer any questions you have. You deserve that much." I nod, sitting down next to her.

. . .

"That is bullshit! Come on!" Jayden complains after I told him I wouldn't tell him what me and mom talked about. Mom. She was my mom.

We talked for hours, until Jayden came to tell us she'd miss her flight if she stayed any longer. Learning about one another. Her favorite color was emerald. Her favorite food was sushi. Nasty. And so much more.

She- explained what happened with me. The accident- everything. It all made sense. And now? I was be pestered by Jayden.

"I found you!" He argues.

"Yes Jayden, I'm aware. Now will you be quiet? My show is starting." I turn the tv up, getting comfortable in my seat. No sooner than my show starts, the doorbell rings.

"Oh for fucks sake." I mutter, throwing my head back in annoyance.

"For fucks sake? You've been around Dante too damn much."

"Shut up. Go get the door."

Jayden chuckles while walking to the door. I hear it open, and there's a brief moment of silence. "Zaria I think it's for you." Of course it is.

I groan, standing from the couch and walking to the door. "Who-"

"Hello, sister." I freeze there at the door, stood Natasha and my adoptive parents. They didn't look how they usually did. They looked- friendly? Deceiving.

"Oh Zaria! We haven't seen you in for ever!" Winnie says, moving towards me. I never called her my mom. Ever. It's part of the reason she would hit me.

Jayden blocks the door, stopping her from entering. "Do you know them, Zaria?" He looks at me for confirmation.

"Of course she knows me I'm her damn father!" David snarls, attempting to push past Jayden but he doesn't budge.

"She can answer for herself. Zaria, do you?" I nod.

"They are- were- my parents. I mutter out. Jayden takes a step back from the door, allowing them to step in "why are you here? You haven't contacted me in years."

"Oh Zaria you know we would never do that intentionally! We've been busy." Winnie says with a smile. Why the heck were they pretending to be nice?

"Right. We've been trying to contact you. Nat told us about this boy you've been seeing. We'd love to meet him." David continues.

So that was the angle. To meet Dante. I should've known these money- hungry bastards were only here for one thing. "Why don't you give us a hug?" David takes a step forward and Jayden holds out his arm.

"Nah, that won't be necessary. Keep your distance." He warns. David gives me a look before scoffing.

"I can hug my goddamn daughter if I want to boy. Who the hell are you to stop me?"

"Her real brother. Don't give me that bullshit. I've heard about the shit you've done. I'm tempted to kill you, but these are my good clothes."

David swallows hard, before footsteps are heard. "The hell is going on here?" Dante slips his arm around my waist, staring at David.

"These are my adoptive parents." Dante tenses, turning me to face him.

"The fuckers you told me about?" I nod. He draws his gaze back to David, releasing my waist "Leave." It's one word, but the pure anger behind it.

"After everything they did for you, you little bitch!" Natasha lunges at me, grabbing onto my hair. I grasp her wrist, using my body strength to flip her.

She hits the floor with a thud, and I pull her arm back. "Stay down or I'll deck you again." I grit.

"Get off of her!" David yells, stepping towards us before Dante grabs the back of his shirt.

"You stay away from her." And you-" he points at a terrified Winnie. "Don't even think about it. I don't usually beat women but I'll make an exception" he warns.

"I just fixed my freaking hair" I huff, throwing Natasha to the ground. She quickly scrambles to her feet.

"You'll pay for this bitch!"

"Oh I would love to!" I give her a warm smile.

Jayden swings the door open, "time for you to go. Bye bye. Next time I see you-" he points at David- " you'll end your day in a body bag. Or in pieces. Depends on how I'm feeling."

"He won't put up with you forever bitch. You'll need us eventually." David hisses, following Winnie and Natasha out.

"That son of a bitch-" Dante moves to follow him but I stop him.

"Let him go. Please." He gives me a look, before nodding.

Jayden closes the door before looking at me. "Holy shit! You were so cool man! You were all like boom- pow-" he reenacts me decking Natasha.

"I guess those sparring lessons worked out huh?" Dante nudges my side.

"I guess they did." I admit honestly. He leans in, locking his eyes on my lips.

"I don't have morning breath this time Ria, so don't even think about fucking stopping me." His lips meet mine and I smile into the kiss.

"I think I just threw up a little in my mouth." Jayden says, gagging dramatically. We pull away, and I roll my eyes at Jayden.

"You're so dramatic."

. . .

DAYS LATER

"Oh girl please" I laugh, taking another sip of my drink. Me and Queen decided to meet up for dinner. We haven't been around each other much because of our schedules.

Now that she was done with classes, and I was done with volleyball, we had time to reconnect. "So how are things with Dante?"

The smile that comes to my face is one that I can't hide. "Things are good. Really good Q. We're... dating." She gasp loudly, causing a few heads to turn in our direction. I could've sworn I told her.

"Wow Z. I'm happy for you." She says taking another bite of her food. We settled for a little quiet diner near campus. It was easier for her to get to.

The bell on the door sounds, and Queen looks up. She slowly looks back at me, and then back at the door. "Uh Z." I frown my eyebrows together out of confusion before looking at the door.

There stood 3 men, all dressed in black. The few others in the diner have yet to notice them. They begin stalking towards us and my heart rate picks up. "Queen. Take my phone, go to the bathroom and call Dante. If he doesn't answer- call Jayden."

I swiftly slide her my phone, before standing and facing the men. Dante's words played over and over again in my head.

You're only as weak as you let yourself be.

"Zaria-"

"Go, Queen." The men get closer, and I get into my stance. By now, the diner staff has become aware of the situation, ducking down as others flee out the door. Call the cops you idiots.

"Zaria. Someone has waited a long time to see you. Let's not make this harder than it has to be, alright?"

"They'll have to keep waiting." The man grins, before swinging. I dodge it swiftly, returning his blow to his ribs. He slightly winces, before yanking on my hair.

He punches me in the stomach, knocking the wind out of me for a moment. "You hit like a little girl." I mutter, twisting his wrist, freeing my hair.

I toss his body over my shoulder and he lands on the ground with a thud. Man I love that move. The man lays motionless on the floor and I glance at the other two.

"Wait wait wait." I hold my hands up to the man approaching. "Don't I get to catch my breath? 3 v 1 is hardly fair."

Having enough of my jokes, the two of them lunge at me. I dodge the first man's hit while the second hits me in the face. Fight Zaria.

"Just make this easy on yourself sweetheart. You won't win this." One man grits, locking my his arms around my waist.

I toss my head back, clearly catching him off guard with a head-butt to the face. "The bitch broke my nose! The man groans holding his face while the other swings once again.

I try to dodge, but he catches me. Hard in my injured ribs. I drop to the ground, trying to quickly gather myself but fail. "Fuck." I mutter.

The man grabs my arm, slinging me across the table. Dishes fly everywhere and I land hard on the floor. "I told you to make it easy on yourself, didn't I? Come on out."

I hear a door open, and out steps Queen. No. "I'm sorry. Z." No no no.

"Queen? What are you-" I suddenly feel excruciating pain in my head, and I drop back to the ground. The bastard hit me in the head with a chair.

I fight to stay awake as that little black dot gets bigger and bigger. "Q-Queen please don't- don't do this." I mumble.

"I'm sorry Z." And that's the thing I heard before everything went black.

                              . . .

"Are you finally awake my love?" I feel a pounding pain in my head while someone rubs up and down the side of my face. I slowly open my eyes, and I freeze at the familiar face.

"G-Gio." I try to flinch away, before looking down. I was chained to a chair.

"Don't fight it my love, I told them to be gentle. How dare they mess up that beautiful face. My sweet, innocent, Zaria."

"Get the hell away from me. Where am I? Why are you doing this?!" I frantically look around. I'm on a fucking plane. Shit.

"We are on our way to our house.. it's nothing to worry about. We can finally be together. Forever." He grins, bringing his face closer to mine.

I do the only thing I can think of in this situation. I spit on him. He jolts back, wiping his face. "Don't you remember what we used to be? How you used to love me?"

"I thought I loved you. I didn't even know what love was. Until now. And you aren't the one I love." I mutter, looking out the window.

"What? Don't tell me you love him. He's brainwashed you!" Gio yells angrily. I keep my head trained towards the window and he grabs my chin.

"You don't get to love anyone who isn't me. You're my fucking girl! Everything was fine until that night!"

"The night you almost raped me? Or the night you beat me? Or how about the one you cheated on me? Huh? You're nothing but a piece of shit." I yell furiously.

His hand collides with my cheek in a swift slap. My head whips to the side and the pain seers on my cheek. "Im sorry my love, you just made me angry I didn't mean to."

He moves my hair out my face. "Get the hell away from me." I grit, not even meeting his gaze. My fist clenched so hard at my side I'm afraid I'll draw blood.

"We land in a few hours. If you come to your senses I'll unchain you." With that, he walks off behind me. I take this time to glance around the plane.

4 men sat in the seats in front of me. One being the man whose nose I almost broke. Then, I spot her. Queen is sat on the row across from me, I stare in her direction for a moment and when she looks up I look away.

I stare out the window for a moment before I hear movement next to me. "Z."
Queens voice sounds. I continue to stare out the window.

"Come on Z." She taps my leg and if I could move away from her I would. I feel something wet on my face and I notice she's wiping off blood.

I pull away as much as I can. "Don't fucking touch me." I cut my eyes at her and she pulls her arm away.

"I know this seems bad but here me out Z-"

"Stop talking to me". I hiss.

"Zaria please-"

"Please what?! Huh?! Please what Queen?!" I snap, my voice raising.

"Please be quiet - he'll hear-"

"I don't give a fuck! Get away from me!" I  pull away from the chains, attempting to kick her yet failing.

"I'm doing this for you, Dante is dangerous! You have to see that!" She whisper-yells.

"Quit your bullshit. Get out of my face. You're dead to me."

"Yes, leave her be. Listening was never her strong suit." A voice says from behind. As the man steps in front of us, my breath hitches in my chest.

There he stood.

Dante's father.

I can't help but laugh. "I should've known. Wow. This is low, even for you. Over a fucking alliance."

"Ah, is that all my son told you? Perhaps you should be careful who you trust."

"Tell me about it." I say sarcastically eyeing Queen.

"He's been lying to you."

"Like I believe a word you're saying." I scoff. He extends his hand, retrieving a phone from someone.

"What if I told you he was with Anastasia right now?"

"I don't believe you." I say, calling his bluff. He smirks, titling the phone in my direction. I slowly trail my eyes to the screen and my heart breaks into a million pieces.

The picture showed Dante with his arms wrapped around a women's waist. And the woman was Anastasia. This can't be true, can it? No.

What the fuck is going on.

                             . . .

Vote AND comment = COTE or VOMMENT... but COTE sounds better lol...

Yall don't kill me for this chapter... I literally had to rewrite it because my computer deleted my files... isn't that lovely!!! Also, I'm postponing the launch of my new book because I've also lot chapters as well.

Anywho if you're enjoying the book please also consider dropping me a follow? I'd love to have 100 followers on this account 🩵🩵

Thank you for reading
Goal: 45 votes, 5 comments

Happy reading!!!

-k

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 5.8K 32
I felt the tears rise and I looked down for a minute, gathering all of my resolve. I looked up again and stared him right in the eye. "You know what...
398K 12.3K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...
1.2M 25K 62
18+ "Mmm"he stood up slowly making his way towards me ."Are you afraid of me Sage "came his deep voice from behind me as he placed his hands on my hi...
4.7M 138K 43
Warning: THIS BOOK IS FOR MATURE READERS ONLY (18+). CONTAINS MATURE SCENES, VIOLENCE, AND LOTS OF CURSING. (A sequel to The Infamous Rafael Vali...