The Creator's Past | AnotherW...

By Felicia_IreneRoesia

[ Another World: Original Story ] {{HEAVY EDITING}} Felicia, a creator who sought to escape her past, constru... More

[Important] Another World Introduction
Character Reference Sheet
Prologue - A Night Out
Chapter 2 - The Encounter
Chapter 3 - Curiosity
Chapter 4 - The Meeting
Chapter 5 - Alliance
Chapter 5.1 - Oblivious
Chapter 6 - Comfort
Chapter 6.1 - Dinner Time
Chapter 7 - Relentless Decision
Chapter 7.1 - Stepping Out?
Chapter 7.2 - Lonely Town
Chapter 8 - 500 years
Chapter 9 - Stumble Upon
Chapter 10 - Past Times
Chapter 10.1- Creator's Life
Chapter 11 - The Battle
Chapter 12 - Rematch
Chapter 13 - Weaker Than Ever
Chapter 14 - Consideration
Chapter 14.1 - Spells and Swords
Chapter 15 - Teleknesis Controls
Chapter 16 - Guarantee
Chapter 17 - The Containing One
Chapter 18 - Not A God
Chapter 19 - The Evil Healer
Chapter 20 - Monster-formed God
Chapter 21 - Halwa Woods
Chapter 22 - The Traveler Himself
Chapter 23 - Fire Resistance
Chapter 24 - Help Wanted
Chapter 25 - A Welcoming Society
Chapter 25.1 - The Fallen Hero
Chapter 26 - Favour Asking
Chapter 27 - First Assumptions
Chapter 28 - Regrets of Live and Death
Chapter 29 - Worse Than Evil
Chapter 30 - Seeking Reconnaissance
Chapter 31 - Eternal Afiat
Chapter 32 - A Creator's Lost
Chapter 33 - Cursed
Chapter 34 - Arrogance's Fool
Chapter 35 - Restrain
Chapter 36 - Death to the Creator
Chapter 37 - Escape
Chapter 38 - Reap, Monster.
Chapter 39 - Weird
Chapter 40 - Drunken Cat
Chapter 41 - Cycle Of Corrupt
Chapter 42 - Respectful Woman
Chapter 43 - Ice Lad
Chapter 44 - Nuisances
Chapter 45 - Do No Good
Chapter 46 - Simplicity
Chapter 47 - Lightning
Chapter 48 - Met Again
Chapter 49 - Find The Solution
Chapter 50 - Old Friend's Visits
Chapter 51 - A Talk Over Tea
Chapter 52 - Troublesome Friend
Chapter 53 - Jealously Rivals
Chapter 54 - Nightmarish Dream
Chapter 55 - Where It All Begin
Chapter 56 - Banishment
Chapter 58 - Salvatore
Chapter 59 - Love You Like That
Chapter 60 - Separatable Bond
Chapter 61 - Greetings, Friend?
Chapter 62 - The Swordmen
Chapter 63 - The End to All
Chapter 64 - Can't Bring Back
Chapter 65 - Chyahmina
Chapter 66 - The Curse
Chapter 67 - Never Death Do Us Part
Chapter 68 - Monstrosity
Chapter 69 - Short-lived
Chapter 70 - Play God, Felicia.

Chapter 57 - Communication is the Key

2 0 0
By Felicia_IreneRoesia

The dimly lit office belonged to a wealthy creator and had only a single wide table, a luxurious wooden work desk. Felicia was sitting on her usual regal chair, with both hands resting on her head while a few strands of hair were pulled out due to overwhelming stress. Sheets of paper were scattered all over the desk and the floor, while books were stacked untidily nearby for reference. Pin tacks stuck on the board with multicolored strings connecting, behind it was lead that might give the stressed immortal an answer.

Days later, after both of them settled into a clear path in their relationship, Felicia decided to study the origins of her lover. As Mocha was eager for her to do so, he didn't persuade her though. But the recently soft-hearted Felicia knew deep down he wanted to know who he was, besides all the tragedy of the murdering mother and unknown father. The creator wanted to seek something more vivid in his life, making him feel better about himself.

For a few moments, her brain decided to tease her for being so arrogant, too egomaniacal to not ask the sage about the werecat's origins earlier, back when she was selfishly wanting to know about her being cursed as a mortal. Thoughtless on Mocha. And now she wished she had more time to ask rather than being so stubborn and arrogant seeking answers about herself.

Unfortunately, she was now in a blind state. Despite stealing every book she could find from various libraries, none of them were helpful in finding the answers she was looking for.

Why was he half-immortal? How could this happen?

Does he also have been cursed by Naomi?

No.

It couldn't be.

There's no corrupt inside him.

Impossible.

The unsatisfied urge had turned Felicia's mind into a tangled mess of questions. Suddenly, the sound of the door creaking jolted her back to reality. She swiveled around on her chair to see the brown werecat, his pointy feline ears peering through the door as he peeked to see what she was doing.

"Felic...?" The energetic voice called, his tail swayed side to side. "May I come in?"

A smile curled upon her life at his politeness, it was the little thing that made her happy. "Come in, love." Felicia nodded, calling him nicknames that would make the man turn red. It was a habit she developed, a form of tease and affection.

Mocha blushed at the nickname, he walked towards her desk. Avoiding his foot stepping on the scribbled papers on the floor that seemed important as he made his way into the messy office.

"A bit...of a mess here, don't you think?" Mocha razzed, his bright hazel eyes locked on the messier desk. "You've been trapping yourself in your office this evening." He said with a voice of concern.

"I'm trying..." She slumped back on her regal, office chair, rubbing her forehead in distress as she gestured to the desk afterward. "Once I find something, the other dots do not connect." Felicia removed her glasses, carelessly tossing them onto the pile of books and papers.

The books in question all relate to a topic about felines, immortals, power, and abilities. They were written by Sages, who are also known as Scholar Immortals. Sages like Sylvia wrote books and scrolls to guide the immortals. To be a reference of wisdom. Sylvia did too write books, mainly on politics. Sages' books can be found in libraries across the world of mortals and immortals, including Felicia's own collection. However, Felicia found that she needed more of these books to find out more about Mocha as the ones in her library didn't satisfy her much, so she snuck out last night to steal some.

None, none of it came to help. None of the books did mention about a half-immortal being.

"You... you don't have to work yourself out, you know?" Mocha assured the woman. He couldn't help but feel a bit flattered, at the same time worried that his immortal lover overworked her creator-like brain just for him.

"It's a part of you, isn't it?" She looked at him. "You at least need to know your origins. Something like this, doesn't happen in our kind."

"Like what?" 

"Half-immortality, dear."

"Oh... right." Mocha's hand rubbed his neck as he didn't know what to make of it. Ever since Mocha began traveling alone, Felicia had told him that people viewed him as if he were immortal. In addition to his helpful nature and willingness to assist others, people around thought that he was just another immortal on duty. However, that one day, he mistakenly entered a village that was hostile towards immortals, and his whole world turned upside down as a traveler. Well, it wasn't that bad due to Felicia's presence, adopting him to her home like a stray cat being taken care of by a good family. He was never the one who looked behind his past, let alone hold a grudge. What's done is done.

"Something wrong, dear?" Felicia called to him, seeing his sudden pause of pondering.

"What does it feel like to be a creator?" As he casually sat on the desk, he unexpectedly posed a question, surprising her in the quiet room. Hands behind, lacing on the desk as he tilted his head playfully waiting for an answer to feed his curiosity.

"Well..." Felicia watched his bold movements, a smirk forming on her pale lips. "It was fun." She shrugged.

"I want to know the struggles." Mocha's gaze shifted to her hand, those veiny hands that created thousands of objects for centuries. Mocha wondered if she had ever gotten sick of it, or had issues at certain times. A powerful being like her, who managed to create anything within the range of imagination in mind certainly has problems to face. She wasn't omniscient as a god. All of the creations she made, were driven by her knowledge and mastery of magic.

"Struggles, you say..." Felicia positioned herself, sitting straight on the chair as she rested her muscular arms on the side. "Sometimes... I do have problems in... not knowing what to create." Felicia began. As much as she hated to admit her weaknesses, she never wanted to disappoint the man.

"How so?" The werecat tilted his head. Ears tall.

"Well, it happens in battles. Sometimes my mind couldn't fathom what to create, since I have endless options available." She sighed. "That is why... I use my chains often because it's easier and simpler to create. And very effective as well."

Capture and Kill.

"No wonder your job is to provide. Easier to take request than requesting..." Mocha said as he used to wonder. Felicia only nodded at his remarks.

"It's like... when you are looking at a blank, white canvas. And you don't know what to paint. Looking at your book, not knowing what words to choose for your pen to write." She muttered, looking at the messy desk. All the scribbles, notes, and illustrations in front of her that didn't lead to anything, made her overwhelmed silently. "It's like... looking at your palm, not knowing what to create. I saw endless options that made me hard to choose."

"Hey..." Mocha called. On the desk lay his furry tail, covering the mess of papers that devastated Felicia's mind, so that she could finally turn her attention to him. "Take a break for a while." He spoke in a low, pleading tone.

"You seem nonchalant about your origins..." She scoffed playfully at the irony of how she was the one eager to solve the mystery of his true self. "And am I here worked up about you..."

"I didn't force you to overwork yourself." He sighed.  "You'll end up like... the healer."

As Mocha uttered his words, the creator's eyes narrowed and a deep frown creased her forehead. The silence that followed was almost deafening, save for the sound of Mocha's own heart beating in his chest. He knew he had overstepped his bounds, and silently cursed himself for his foolishness.

"No mentions of that disgraceful peasant in my mansion." She spat, looking away as she crossed her arms.

"I'm sorry." Mocha apologized, seeing her countenance fall as he broached the subject of her former friend, who had now become her bitterest foe. The air hung heavy with the memory of the rift that had formed between them, exacerbated by him being the motive for her after of revenge.

Mocha sat on the desk, legs tucked in, watching the creator in distress. The silence was suffocating. He longed to shatter it. He intended to speak but her voice arrested him. "Felic-"

"What do you like about me?" She asked, turning around as if she was calm. Washing away the horrendous thoughts, she didn't want to lose him either.

Feline ears resumed tall as he heard the creator's sudden question, a blush spread over his face. "Uhm... W-what?" He stutteredly asked.

"What makes you fall in love with an aggressive being like me?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 81 12
NOTE: Don't forgot to check out my other book in the 'How to' series: How to Build Your Fantasy World. More 'How to' guides coming soon! ************...
59 3 6
We all know the basic isekai story, yeah? Die in this world, and then reborn to a fantasy one, yadda-yadda-yadda. However, in this scenario, we get t...
2.2K 145 53
"What would you rather? Floating in eternal darkness or...serving me? As my champion?" "Honestly? Neither, why in the world would I choose to be a se...
A True Lie By otu

Teen Fiction

456 43 35
The line between the people and gods of Calidor and The Corrupted Realm is falling. With Calidor's core facing corrupting symptoms, the government an...