I MARRIED A PSYCHO [The Eligi...

By EmeraldsBrightPage

"She's a psycho and she leads me to insanity" -Duke Galdonez Imperial I MARRIED A PSYCHO [The Eligible Bache... More

ATTENTION
The Eligible Bachelors Series
I MARRIED A PSYCHO
PROLOGUE - PSYCHO
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 46

31 2 4
By EmeraldsBrightPage

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

I took the last shot from the glass of my scotch before going back to the hospital. I needed this to numb the pain I was feeling. When I'm sure that there were no more trace of my red and swollen eyes from crying, I took some of our things and left.

I dropped by the grocery to buy her some fruits and some fresh flowers from the flowershop before finally heading back to the hospital.

The doctor advices us that it is better if she gets admitted for the night for them to monitor her and if she recover tomorrow, they will let her go home. I requested to move her to the hospital's VIP room for her and the baby to get the best of comfort to rest.

When I get there, She was already awake. Her face looks so pale and her lips are cracked. "Duke," her voice is hoarse.

I hurried to her when she tried to force herself to sat up. "Do you need something? Just let mo know. Refrein yourself from doing unneccessary movements. It's not good for the baby." I support her to move properly. She's so weak right now.

"Where's everyone?" I asked.

"Mom Dulce's at the bathroom. Dad and my brother left just a while ago."

"You're back. I should be going then. Do you need anything before I leave?" mom came out from the bathroom.

"You may go home now, Mom. Take care." I kissed her on her forehead.

"Duke, did you drink? I can smell you."

"I just took a shot." I answered trifly.

"You even have time to drink when your wife if in the hospital. Duke, what is your problem? "

"I'm sorry, mom. It won't happen again."

Her brows form a one line but eventually she just let it slip away.

"Okey, I'll be back tommorrow. You take good care of your wife."

She turned her head to Vlance and then she kissed her on her cheek. "Get well soon, Vlance. Take care of my apo, okey?" She answered a weak smile.

I took care of her as soon as Mom left.
"Are you hungry?" She nodded.

I peeled her an orange and sliced her an apple and I put them in a plate. I put a bread in the table incase she wants carbs.

I wanted to feed her but she told me she can do it her self so I just let her and I took the the flowers and arrange them in the vase and put it on top of the bedside table. I notice the dress that she had worn earlier at the party was fold and was now filled with wine stain. I just smiled bitterly. She even dressed nice for him, knowing that she hates wearing gowns, she must be madly inlove with him. I remember when she insisted to wear a tuxedo when we attended a party back then because she doesn't like to wear an evening gown.

"Duke."

"Yes, anything?" I quickly come to her when she called me. I was so worried everytime she called me as if she was so fragile at this moment that I need to be very very alert but gentle at the same time.

"Are you not mad at me?" She looks so sorry and guilty and I don't like seeing here in that state.

I sighed.

I was so calm and gentle as I reach for her hand and I kiss it. "Vlance, what kind of question is that? Why would I be mad when I already have a reason to not to." I caress her belly, lovingly.

"Hey there, our sweet little Angel, just hang in there, okey? Tatay will be taking good care of both you and your Nanay."

"Tatay? Nanay?" She smile. "That sounds sweet. I like it."

"Please, always make nanay happy all the time, okey? Growing in there will make your Nanay's hormones switching for months, I hope you won't make her struggle, okey? Please, stay healty all the time. Tatay loves you both so much!" I kiss her belly and then I kiss her on the forehead.

"When is your Accessment coming? Are you still going to studying here abroad, now that you're pregnant? If I would to decide, I wont allow you. I hope you change your mind."

She nodded agreeing with my opinion. "I won't gonna push through with it, anymore. Thank you, Duke. For everything." She hugged me and I just let her rest on my chest.

---

The doctor discharge us the next day and he told us that she's good to travel today. We arrived back home and told her to do nothing but rest.

I did all the unpacking and after that, I immediately called our family doctor to schedule her first prenatal check up.

I research every helpful materials to know more about how to take good care or a pregnant woman, what are the food that pregnant women needs to eat and to avoid, I also look for baby room designs, everything about pregnancy, I read them all.

I was also planning to do shopping for her matternity dresses. Although her belly is still small and I can't still see any changes in her body yet but I know that sooner or later, she'll need maternity dresses, and it is better to be ready.

I heared my phone and when I check on it, it was Germano so I quickly answered it.

"Boss, nawawala si Vera,"

"Don't stop looking for her, I'll get there soon." I called mom to take care of Vlance while I'm away, but she's not answering so I immediately texted Dannelle and Jaden to stay with her for awhile.

When I get there, Germano was already waiting for me. His people is rumaging all over the Villa but she's nowhere to be found.

"We already check the CCTV's but all the records were deleted. It looks like she was held captive."

I dialed Vladimir's number and it seemed like we wasn't busy. He was quick to answer my call. "Duke, where are you right now? I'm here at your house to visit but Jade and he's friends were the one who welcome us. They told me that there's an urgent matter you just need to do and you ask them to take care of my sister for the moment."

"Is that, Duke?" I heard Don Victor speak and I could also hear Jaden's friend were loud and screaming.

"Duke, you're so cool. So you're the one who won the bidding on Paul Newman Rolex Daytona watch in 2008?" I think it was kyle who was speaking on the other line

"Yep. He's a fan of Paul Newman." Vlad answered. I could hear them from the other line.

"Paul Newman is one fine man. I like him too. Tell Duke I can double the price if he wants to sell, I can buy it. " I heard Don Victor.

"Kyle! Don't touch my brother's things. Give that to me..." I heard Jaden scolding him.

"Woah, kids! Stop playing here and keep your voice down. My daugther is resting, you might wake her."

"Duke, your brother's friends are so noisy. They might wake my sister."

"Where is my wife?"

"She's at your room still resting. Her friend Danelle is with her. Don't worry I can handle this boys here. Settle your business first so you can come back early."

It seems like it was not them who took tita Vera. If they took her, they're not at our house right now.

I sat down at the bed trying to think who could possibly get her captured? Was it Odie? Why would he do thay to her?

As I was thinking, I notice something shimmering down the corner below the bedside drawer. The rey of light was reflecting in the dim. I moved the drawer and there I saw a familiar piece of an earring. It was the limited editon Teardrop Ruby earring. It's the same earings that I gifted for my mom. I felt kind of goosebump and confused.

I called mom but she was still not answering. I drove immediately to our home and asked the maids where is she. "Where is mom?"

"Hindi po namin alam, Sir." one of the maid answered.

"Nasa resthouse sa tagaytay," Yaya Medel answered with her firm tone. She's our oldest maid and the head of all the maids.

"Ba't hindi ka nagpasabing dadalaw ka pala para nakapag handa kami."

"Maya." Short for Mama Yaya. She's my nanny when I was still a child. I kissed her on her forehead.

"My wife is pregnant and I just remember some of my things here when I was a baby. I want to give them to my child soon. Can you help me find those?"

"Iniligpit ko ang lahat ng mga 'yon sa dati mong silid. Sandali lang... Menchi, sasikasuhin niyo muna si sir Duke... Ipagtimpla niyo siya ng kape."

"Maiwan muna kita."

"Thanks, Maya." I don' t trust Maya because she is loyal to Mom. She can ditch me for her. I know she's the one who told mom about my unattended appointments with my doctors.

I quickly when to my parents room and check on their closet. I open mom's jewelry drawer to find the earrings. I struggle to find it because she has too many sets of jewelries in there. She's probably wearing it now. I open the last drawer only to find the empty jewelry boxes. I saw the box that was used to box the earing when I bought it and I checked on the certifications to check if the series stamp matches and it did.

My heart begun to raised. What is mom doing there? Did she met tita Vera before she was kidnap? Or, I hope it's not what I'm thinking... Did she kidnap her? Why would she do that?

I hurried out and left the mansion. I called dad but he wasn't answering too. I called dad's assistant and he said, he's in Tagaygay. And when I asked him what is he doing there, he just said that he will be having a meeting there. Mom and dad were in Tagaytay?

I was already at the gate and was ready to leave when I notice dad's security personnel formed in a group and was running in same direction. They are all moving in urgency.

I got out of the car and follow them to the farthest portion of our land property until we reached the abandon house of my great-great grand parents. The mansion was old but still in good condition and now we are only using it as a store house. Most or our security weaponry were stored in there.

I quitely entered the house without no one noticing me. The moments I entered, it brings back the memories, I couldn't identify if it was a lost memory or was it just from my fake world. The old mansion looks so similar in my dreams. The giant pendulum clock and its tiks and toks sound, the dim lamp, and the grand staircase.

"Odie! H'wag mag hunosdili ka! Hindi ka mamamatay tao!" I heard a cracked voice of a woman. She was begging.

"Binigay na namin ang lahat ng gusto niyo! Ano pa ba ang kulang? Ibibigay namin ang lahat. Just let us know. Diba ang usapan natin hindi na kayo babalik dito?"

"Mga hayop kayo! Tinapon niyo kaming mag asawa sa Macau para itago sa mga Del prado at kapalit ang pagalingin si Carmela, ang anak namin pero hayop kayo! Hindi niyo tinupad ang pangako niyo! Wala na siya pinatay niyo ang anak namin!" Odie's voice cracked as he begin to cry.

He was pointing the gun to moms head; she was being held hostage. I found the pair of the earring that I was looking for, the missing piece was on mom's ear. She was wearing only the one piece while I was holding the other. Everything seemed to slowly come up like a whole puzzle.

I saw tita Vera, she kneels down crying and begging for him to stop.

I could feel a glitch in my memory. The pendulum clock, the stairs, the dim lamp, and Tita Vera kneeling, begging, crying. I don't understand.

"Dalawangpung taon, inilayo niyo siya sa amin! Ang sabi niyo, gagaling siya kapag dinala siya sa Germany at hind namin siya pwedeng dalawin dahil sakitin siya at bawal lapitan ng ibang tao. Pinaniwala niyo kami sa lahat ng kasinungalingan niyo! Pero matagal na pala siyang patay!"

"Sinunod namin ang lahat ng gusto niyo! Nanahimik kami, lumayo kami upang magtago at kahit itapon niyo kami kung saan-saang bansa, hindi kami kahit kailan nagreklamo, ultimo ang desisyon niyong palitan ang mukha ng asawa ko sa mukhang ni Ma'am Vera para ipamukhang nagtanan kami, pumayag kami dahil naniniwala kaming mapapagaling niyo ang anak ko pero ginago niyo kami! Sana, kung nalaman ko lang noon, matagal na akong nagpadakip at hindi na tumakas pa nang mahuli ako ng kampo ng mga Del prado, at doon pa lang, sinabi ko na sana na hindi si Ma'am Vera ang babaeng kasama ko, na pinalitan niyo lang ang mukha ng asawa ko sa mukha ni Ma'am Vera para ipamukhang nagtanan kami. Pero ang totoo, Ang anak niyong si Duke ang pumatay kay Ma'am Vera." He chuckled in mix frustration and loathfulness.

"Siyempre, mas mabuting magmukhang madumi ang imahe ng kaibigan niyong walang ginawa kundi ang magingbuti sa inyo, pero hindi niyo lang siya pinatay, ibinaon niyo siya sa hukay ng may lamat ang dignidad at pagkatao niya. Lahat ng tao, kinamuhian siya dahil sa ikinalat niyong balitang nakipag tanan siya sa driver niya, para malinis ang sarili niyong dumi. Nakakadiri ang pamilya niyo!"

"At ang kapal tagala ng mukha niyo, ipinakasal niyo pa ang hayop niyong anak, sa anak ni Ma'am Vera! Mga demonyo!"

"Patawarin mo kami, Odie. Katulad mo, biligang magulang sana maintindihan mo na ginagawa din namin ang lahat para kapakanan ng anak namin. Hindi namin gusto mamatay ang anak mo, pero malala na ang kondisyin niya at hindi niya na kinaya. Sinubukan namin ipagtapat sayo pero tuwing nakikita namin ang mga ngiti sa mga mukha niyo tuwing naghihintay kayo ng balita tungkol sa kanya, nahihirapan kaming magtapat kaya kami nagsinungaling."

"Sinungaling! Wala talaga kayong planong ipagtapat 'yon dahil, dahil gagawin niyo ang lahat para itago ang krimen sa hukay."

"Hindi ba, kayo ang may pakana. Plano niyo rin kami isunod kay Carmela dahil malapit na nilang malaman. Diba kayo ang nag recomenda kay Gil? Tauhan niyo siya. Pinadala niyo siya para manmanan ang mga kilos ng mga Del prado at para alam niyo ang gagawin para mapigilan ang mga susunod nilang galaw."

"Kung paatayin niyo kami, paunahan na lang tayo, pero masmabuting sabay-sabay na lang tayo..." When he was about to pull the trigger, mom was able to let go. She pushed him and the trigger was fired into a different direction.

"Auurg!"

Bang!

"Asawa ko!" Odie, realized the bullet was aimed to the fake tita Vera.

And with in just a split of a second. My sickness was triggered by the scene and it started to attact me.

I was trying to breathe but I just couldn't. I was running out of oxygen and begun to let a woofing sound just to breathe.

My memory flashed back 20 years ago... I could now remember it all clearly.

"Bela! Bela!" I called her the moment she arrive at our home.

"Hello there, little Duke!" She carried me on her lap and then she kissed me.

"Where is Vlamil? I want to play with him? Let's play... Let's play..." When I was a child, I struggle to pronnouce people's name properly. Especially with letters V and R; I always make V to B, and R to L.

"Oh, no! I'm so sorry, Duke, but Vlad. is not here with me right now. And it's Vera, tita Vera not Bela, okey? Vera." she repeated it many times for me to call her in her name propely.

"Bela."

"No, it's Ve... Ra... Vaugh... vvvv... Raugh... rrrr... Vera." She was patiently teaching me.

"Where is you big tummy?"

"Oh, Duke, baby Vlance just came out and she's still so small to go out. I bring her soon if she gets bigger and I'll introduce her to you."

Back then, I really adore her, she is such a lovely woman. Everytime she visits, she would always bring Vlad with her and wed play together. I also remember her big belly, she was pregnant with Vlance and she would let me caress her big round belly and we sing a song to Vlance inside her belly. Just like Vlance, she is so lovely.

"Vera, my dear Amiga!" Mom came and they hugged and kissed each other on the cheeks.

She then turned to me. "Duke, I'll be right back and let's play later, okey?"

"Yaya Medel, ikaw na muna ang bahala kay Duke," Mom said. They were laughing as they leave me going to the pool were they drink their favorite cocktail.

There ware no Bela, but it turned out that the Bela I used to know was actually tita Vera, Vlance's mom.

I heard a futtering sound ringing on my ears and then my memory skip to the scene to where that world would always eat me in horror.

The grand staircase and the tik like metronome sound of the giant pendulum where I can see my reflection at the glass.

I was humming as I took my steps up the grandstair case until I reach my abuelo's library office with the door swung open. I was attracted to it when I saw his fire arm collection, in glassed framed on the wall. There were some limited edition rifles and antique pistols and shotguns, display like at the museums.

In his drawer, I found a baroque safe locked chest of his .44 caliber Remington revolver. For some reason, I don't know why it was left unlocked.

When I was a child, abuelo would give me a replica of guns for me to play and he taught me how to use it; dad and abuelo used to bring me to a firing range and I taught at that time, it's just all fun and games, and I'm still not aware about the concept of danger and death. I brought the revolver outside and played with it. I was so innocent and was laughing as I pointed the gun.

"Oh, no! Duke, please, put that thing down, please..." Her hands were shaking, with her voice cracking.

I giggled before pulling the trigger and shoot her.

Silence...

Deep... Longer silence...

The room was dark but the dim of the lamp; Imbued with nothing but eerie.

"Bela?" I come close to her who was now lying cold on the ground. Her blood trails the marble flooring as her eyes were tears droping. She was trying to utter a word.

"Bela has fallen," I uttered when I saw her eyes slowing closing.

"Dios Mio!" came a woman wailed in horror.

"What have you done?!"

"Y-you killed her!"

"Diablo!"

"El Hijo del diablo!"

Now, I can remember who was the scary old woman, it was my 95 year-old great abuela Delinda, who has dementia, she was wearing her victoriar dress and she was the first person who witness the scene.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.1K 1.2K 25
COMPLETED STORY Fallejo Family. Our biggest enemy in the business society. If we have gold, they have diamonds. Our parents hate each other. And we p...
75.3K 1.2K 12
Linus Morgan is a billionaire business tycoon. Born with a golden spoon in his mouth, he grows up that most of the people in society respect him and...
118K 3.6K 42
(BLACK ROSE SOCIETY)4th series The 4th member of BLACK ROSE SOCIETY is now publishing.. Hoping you like it too.. the way you like onto other member...