CURSE- War Of Love

By quill_of_rheaa

โ„™โ„๐”ผ๐•Š๐”ผโ„•๐•‹๐•€โ„•๐”พ ๐•๐•†๐•Œ... Vidya Rudravanshi~ Love is the only thing she hates or maybe she's afraid o... More

PROLOGUE
DEDICATION
CHARACTERS DESCRIPTION
1. DEAL
2. FLASHBACKS
3. DATE PLAN
4. THE DATE
5. A CHANCE
6. THE MEET
7. HER EYES
8. CLUE
9. CULPRIT
10. SAVE YOU
11. BEAST
12. AGREEMENT
13. CONFERENCE~ CONFRONTATION
14. MY PARVATI
15. THE ENGAGEMENT
17. MARRIAGE-I
18. MARRIAGE-II
19. GUNSHOT

16. FUNCTIONS

50 7 8
By quill_of_rheaa

Author's Pov

HALDI CEREMONY

The Haldi ceremony was a vibrant and joyous occasion, filled with laughter, music, and the fragrance of turmeric. The atmosphere is lively, with everyone dressed in colorful traditional attire, adding to the festive ambiance. Mrityunjay and Vidya were dressed in yellow kurta and anarkali kurti.

Akshita and Anirudh's dress~

The air is filled with anticipation as the elders perform age-old rituals to ward off evil spirits and bring good fortune to the couple.

The highlight of the ceremony is the application of haldi paste on the bride and groom's skin, symbolizing purification and protection from negativity. Family members take turns gently applying the yellow paste on the couple, singing traditional songs.

Mrityunjay's cousins were teasing him, but he ignored them and made the hundredth eye contact with Vidya, no words, no smile, just staring at each other. Mrityunjay's eyes turned soft every time he saw Vidya meanwhile Vidya's, struggled to accept the fact that he was the man of her life.

Suddenly, Randhir and Kaushika (his wife) captured the spotlight breaking their eye contact.
"Mrityunjay bhai didn't invite us to his engagement", kaushika snapped.

"He invited us but because of you we didn't reach Bhabhi's house on time..." Randhir retorted with an annoyed expression.

"You booked the flight!!" She replied with a done face and added further, "By the way bhabhi ji... Can't your father afford the expenses of other functions? I mean he only arranged an engagement ceremony and now other ceremonies will be arranged at our villa..."

Mrityunjay cleared his throat before she could say something further and exclaimed, "Don't you know how to shut up? Should I cross my limits the way you crossed yours?" He raised his brow.

"If she doesn't know about anything whether it's how to shut up or about her limits, not a big deal Mrityunjay..." Vidya replied with a playful smile, everyone's tensed gaze shifted towards Vidya while Mrityunjay chuckled at her response. "I can teach her. Alright, Kaushika." She added looking straight into her eyes. Kaushika rolled her eyes.

"Sorry!" Randhir reminded.

"I'm sorry!!" She muttered and exited the garden area.

Mrs. Rathore approached Vidya and whispered, "Sorry for Kaushika's behavior beta, by the way, you taught her well."

"Why are you sorry Aunty? Aur aap hume sabashi derhi hai, hume laga datengi..." Vidya exclaimed calmly.
(You're praising me, I thought you'd scold me.)

"Apni beti ko kyu datne lage bhala hum." She chuckled and patted her head and moved towards Mrityunjay meanwhile Vidya's eyes watered at the mention of 'beti'. She tried to push back the tears but failed.
(Why would I scold my daughter.)

Akshita noticed quickly and leaned down to ask, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, mumma bhi hume ese hi proudly 'apni beti' bolti thi isliye thoda emotional hogye.", she said and wiped her tears.

"Ohoo... Tum roti hui nahi rulate hue achi lagti ho Vidi babu" Akshita exclaimed dramatically.
(You look good when you make others cry not when you cry.)

"Sahi baat hai. Ab aap humare Bhai ko rulayengi bhabhi" Randhir chimmed in.
(Right. Now you'll make my brother cry.)

"Jaise abhi tumhari biwi ko rulaya hai." Anirudh snapped at which everyone laughed.
(Just like she made your wife cry.)

After the playful banter ended, the function came to an end. The haldi washed off from the couple, with the hope of washing off Vidya's hate for Mrityunjay too. Elders showered their blessings to them and everyone moved to their respective rooms.

MEHANDI / SANGEET FUNCTION

The day started with mehandi function preparations, the garden area and terrace were filled with fragrance of fresh flowers and henna. Around 10 a.m. groom's side gathered in the garden and the bride's side gathered at the terrace. Everyone was dressed in the theme color green.
The bride was dressed in a beautiful green sharara, the embroidery work was way more perfect, she got lots of applause from the guests for her breathtaking natural look, and so did the groom who looked tempting in a green kurta and dhoti.

Akshita's and Anirudh's dress~

"Bas ek dot bana do..." Mrityunjay instructed the mehandi designer.

"Kyu Jay? Vidya ka naam nhi likhwaoge?" His mother questioned to which his frustrated expression softened and he cleared his throat.

"Vidya k naam ka toh permanent tattoo bhi krwa le ye aunty..." Anirudh retorted playfully to which Mrs. Rathore giggled.
(He would have done a tattoo of Vidya's name)

"Tum bhi karwalo Apni wali k naam ka" Mrityunjay whispered with a done face.
(You too, done one with your miss name.)

"Woh toh humne apne Dil pe already karwa rkha hai..." He whispered back.
(I've done it already on my heart)

"Cheesy bastard!" Mrityunjay frustratedly muttered.

"Sir, should I write your bride's name?" The designer questioned to which he simply agreed with a simple nod. Everyone shot him shocked glares which he ignored as usual.

"Ek hi baar mai man gye Bhai aap... Shocking huh!!" Randhir teased.
(Brother you agreed at once.)

"Biwi k matter me second-time sochne ka risk nhi liya jata Randhir beta" Mrityunjay's dad chimed in, everyone chuckled meanwhile Mrityunjay was adoring his hands with Vidya's name, ignoring others.
(Randhir, the risk of second-time thinking is not taken in wife's matter)

On the other side, the mehendi from the Rathores reached and designers filled the cones with it. The designers approached Vidya, she stopped them and whispered something to Akshita.

"Can we skip this ritual?" She demanded.

"Why? You used to love henna a lot in your childhood what's the deal now?" Akshita questioned.

"I hate everything I used to love in my childhood! Leave it..." She replied and gestured for the designers to continue their work.

Vidya's dad gestured for her to put on her smile and she did the same.
"Fake smiling. Fake persons. I hate this." She said to herself.

Akshita and the other girls did a beautiful dance performance to make the ceremony more memorable. Vidya was at the urge to cry but she managed, she didn't want to spoil the mood of others and show that she'll miss her a lot.
Suddenly her gaze shifted to the initial of Mrityunjay's name and she shouted.
"What the hell is this?" She yelled.

"Wha...what ma'am?" The designer stammered.

"This M on the middle of my hand... Why you wrote it?" She questioned, her pitch high.

Everyone glared at her, especially her dad and Akshita. They both approached her quickly.
"Vidya!! Behave... Everyone's watching you." Her father exclaimed with knitted brows.

"Bade Papa, cool down I'll manage," Akshita replied to which he went back to attend some guests.

"Vidi... Stop your drama okay?" Akshita commanded.

"What drama? She wrote his initials on my hand and I don't want it, just give me a cloth..." She replied frustratedly.

"It's part of the ritual. Don't act like a five-year-old and it's already dried so it can't be wiped off." Akshita said.

"The fuck! Is it done?" She asked the designer.

"Yes ma'am." The designer replied.
She stood up quickly and walked towards her room, the guests started to gossip about her behaviour.

THE SANGEET-

The royal villa looked astonishing, no one could take their eyes off the decoration of rose garlands on golden walls enhancing the beauty of the villa at night. The fairy lights were increasing the enriched look of the whole villa. Mr. Rathore and Mr. Rudravanshi were engaged in their business talks while others were preparing themselves for their performances.

"Rudravanshi Sahab, Us din jo kaushika ne bola uske liye hum maafi cahte hai aur humari maa ki aakhri ikcha puri karne k liye dhanywad." Mr. Rathore said.
(Mr. Rudrasvanshi, sorry for that day and what kaushika said to you and thanks for fulfilling my mother's last wish)

"Aap Raja hai, aap maafi mangte ache nahi lagte aur wo bachi hai, humne maaf kardiya tha use. Dhanywad ki koi jarurat nahi hai kyunki humari maa bhi cahti thi ki Vidya ki shaadi banaras ki dharti pe ho, wo toh bas sagai uski maa ki aakhri ikcha ki wajah se hui waha aur aap sab ne itna sab sambhala uske liye hume dhanywad bolna cahiye." Mr. Rudravanshi replied.
(You're a king, you don't look good while asking for forgiveness and she is a child, I've forgiven her. There's no need to thank me because my mother also wanted Vidya's marriage to happen in Banaras, her engagement was done there because of her mother's last wish and you guys handled everything well so thanks for that.)

They both got engaged in further discussion. Everyone was waiting for the couple but they were engaged in something else...

Mrityunjay entered the second floor of the villa to call Anirudh, a part of him wanted to see his fiance who was on the same floor but he pushed that urge inside. Another minute, he got bumped into someone, and that someone was none other than Vidya. She was fixing her lehenga without looking ahead and got bumped into him. Her face got buried in those broad mascular chests and her face turned red immediately. She took a few steps back and examined him. "Holy Shit. Why is he looking this much handsome?" She said to herself and brushed off her distracting thoughts.

"Why in so hurry swan? And why did your face turn red like a tomato suddenly?" Mrityunjay asked with a smirk. He knew it was because of him.

"None of your business. I didn't turn red it's just... umm... I guess Akshita put a lot of blush..." Vidya stammered.

"Excuses huh!..." He stepped further, held her hand softly and added, "By the way mehandi toh kaafi laal hui hai aapki. According to maa, pati bohot pyaar karega aapka aapse." He exclaimed while brushing his name initials.
"Btw, your mehendi turned too red. According to mom, your husband will love you a lot.)

"Par tum toh nafrat karte ho..." She replied looking directly into his eyes and pulling her hand back.

Mrityunjay's facial expressions changed quickly, he took a few more steps towards her and she took a few steps back keeping a distance but he pulled her near him by gripping her wrist and leaned down to her ears.

"Tha..." He whispered in his husky voice making Vidya flinch a bit, not because of his action but because of his words. He left her hand and made his way to Anirudh's room.

***

The bride and groom entered the hall, hand-in-hand, wearing an off-white three-piece kurta set and lehenga with minimal diamond jewelry. Everyone's gaze shifted immediately to them and the artificial diyas light up as they walk through the alley. Mrityunjay's mother quickly ran towards them and took off evil eye. Vidya was passing everyone's smile while Mrityunjay maintained his poker face, admiring his fiance.

Akshita's and Anirudh's dress~

They both sat on the sofa, which was set up in front of the dance floor. Vidya tried to jerk his hand off but he gripped it more tightly while saying, "The cameraman wants to click our pictures, so hold my hand...with love."

"Flirty bastard!!" She muttered, which was completely audible to him.

"I can hear you," Mrityunjay said with gritted teeth.

"Glad to know that." She replied pulling an annoyed smile.

The function started with a classical dance by a group of young girls from Mrityunjay's territory. Vidya appreciated every one of them by giving some presents and they all praised her gesture. After that, a dance competition was held between the boys and girls, and the performance added more life to the function. Vidya was enjoying the function, that was clear from her hooting and clapping. Dance is the only thing that turns on the old Vidya, who used to love others and everything near her.
"Ab hum bhabhi ki behen k saath aag lgayenge." Randhir said to tease Anirudh.
Anirudh jerked his hand immediately and held Akshita's wrist possessively making the young ones laugh and the elder ones amazed.

"Oooo...Humari hai ye" Anirudh snapped making everyone more amazed, noticing his words and actions he further added, "Dance partner."

Akshita sighed while others chuckled.

They both hit the dance floor on the song "Ambarsariya", their every move and Anirudh's every touch was enough to let everyone know that they were into each other. At the end of the song, Anirudh twirled Akshita, her smile widened and the moment she fell in his arms, his muscular veiny arms held her tightly by her waist, her blush was so evident and natural and Anirudh's smile was more beautiful than usual.

Young ones shouted 'YOU SHOULD MARRY', and the elders felt a bit uncomfortable.

Akshita's eyes met her Bade Papa's and she smiled nervously to which he passed her a glare.
"Tension mat lo hum sambhal lenge sab" Anirudh assured her.
She just nodded and moved towards Mrityunjay and Vidya. She insisted on them for a couple dance as they didn't prepare anything for the Sangeet.

She said with a puppy face, "Please vidi and jiju dance for my sake."

"Stop being childish Akshi" Vidya retorted.
Luckily, Mrs. Rathore came and told them to perform, her words were clear as an order which no one could deny but Vidya did everything that no one could.
"Aunty I don't want to dance," Vidya replied.

"But why?" She asked controlling her rage, everyone was witnessing the drama.

"Because I don't want to, that's the only reason," Vidya replied casually.
Mrityunjay gave her death glares because of the drama she's causing.

Kaushika who was standing behind them with Mrityunjay's bua started to bad bitch about Vidya without hesitating.
"Isme sanskar nahi h kya? Badon ki baat manne mai kya dikkat hai ise?" Bua whispered which was completely audible to the couple.

"Iski maa toh mar chuki hai isme kya hi sanskar honge." Kaushika replied with a giggle.

Vidya rolled a fist and pushed her tears back meanwhile Mrityunjay's eyes were popping with rage, he was about to stand up but Vidya held his hand and gestured for him to not react as she could handle it on her own. She turned to face them and said, "Aap jaise logo k liye toh humare pass Sanskar ka स bhi nahi hai"

Both were shocked and hung their heads low. Mrityunjay was about to pass a proud smile but he pushed it back.

Mrs. Rathore told them to leave the venue and go to their rooms and they obeyed her order. After they left, she ordered the couple to hit the dance floor in her authoritative tone, with no option to deny Vidya followed Mrityunjay who was still furious at Vidya and his Bhabhi.

Akshita selected a song after they reached the dance floor. They both stood close, facing each other, Mrityunjay rested his hand on her waist and pulled her closer. He then whispered to her, "Don't you dare again talk to maa like that Vidya. Understood?" He raised his brow.

She realized her mistake and struggled to say sorry to him but in the end, she chose to be violent again, "I made a mistake but I never give you the right to threaten me like that. Understood Mr. Egoistic?"

He pulled a crimson smile and said, "I threatened you? What a joke! Those words were not even closer to my way of threatening. Mrs. Egoistic"

"I.Don't.care" she retorted while he gestured to turn on the music. As the tune started they got to know about the song, "Malang" a perfect match for their fiery mood and moves.

Ishq labon pe Ishq duaa mein
Jism mein, rooh mein Ishq rava, rava rava ravaa
Ishq nazar mein Ishq bashar mein
Aks mein, raks mein Ishqe nishaan Nishan nishan nishan
Dum malang malang dum Dum malang malang Malang malang dum Dum malang malang Malang malang dum Ishq ishq hai malang mera

The music started and the tension between them exceeded. Mrityunjay brushed his fingers on her lips matched with the lyrics, then he moved his palm on her hands, with every touch of his Vidya felt something warm inside her heart. His touch didn't feel unfamiliar to her, she felt like it was only for her. His every touch belonged to her, only her but she pushed him and walked further. He held her wrist and rolled her into his arms making her fall and capturing her tightly by her waist.
For him, her warmth and closeness were enough to erase the struggling past he had. He wanted to melt in her warmth.

The song came to an end and he trawled her on the lyrics "Dum malang malang Malang malang dum Ishq ishq hai malang mera" then pulled her towards him, and their chest collided fastening their heartbeats, their breaths were heavy with emotion. Overall, the atmosphere in the room became charged with their powerful aura. Vidya moved a few inches away from him after realising the music stopped.

The guests were surprised and intrigued by the intense dance performance of the couple. Some whispered to each other, wondering about the strong emotions they saw. Others felt a bit uncomfortable, unsure of what to make of the passionate display. In a while, everyone shouted 'BEST DANCE EVER'. They both stepped down after thanking everyone.

Both of them took blessings from elders and the function came to an end.

***

𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐬♡ 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲!! 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞. 𝐋𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐨 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐨. 𝐁𝐲𝐞 𝐛𝐲𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞!! 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐡𝐞.

Do comment, share, and vote!! Don't forget to follow me here and on Instagram for regular updates...

Instagram-quill_of_rhea
(Link in bio)

THANKS FOR READING

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 195K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
319K 23.1K 34
Genre : Romance fiction Tropes : billionaire's love , love marriage, Slow burn , Opposite attraction, emotional scars, soft romance Start : 18 Octob...
10.6M 584K 64
๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐‡๐ข๐ฌ ๐’๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ They never thought of being each other's but destiny had another plans. ๐—ฉ๐—œ๐——๐—ฌ๐—จ๐—ง ๐—ฆ๐—จ๐—ฅ๐—ฌ๐—”๐—ช๐—”๐—ก๐—ฆ๐—›๐—œ...
41.3K 2.2K 25
Status: On going An Arranged Marriage Story... Abhimanyu Raghuvanshi - 30 years old, Hair of a Multi-Million dollar company A protective gentleman...