Unlocking Him: A Spot Conlon...

Por hopes4somethingmore

"I'se don't care if it's a boy's name! Ya wanna make somethin' of it??!" Charlie didn't need anything from a... Más

Chapter One: A Girl Named Charlie
Chapter Two: Strike
Chapter Three: King of Brooklyn
Chapter Five: The Harbor
Chapter Six: Never Fear Brooklyn is Here
Chapter Seven: Foreign Feelings
Chapter Eight: What Now
Chapter Nine: We Meet Again
Chapter Ten: Secrets
Chapter Eleven: Nightmares and Dreams
Chapter Twelve: Complications and New Trust
Chapter Thirteen: One Story Told
Chater Forteen: Unlocking Him
Chapter Fifteen: Heartless
Chapter Sixteen: The Rally
Chapter Seventeen: Trapped
Chapter Eighteen: An Unexpected Friend
Chapter Nineteen: Misunderstandings
Chapter Twenty: Heartbreak
Chapter Twenty One: Without Each Other
Chapter Twenty Two: I'se Love You, King of Brooklyn
Chapter Twenty Three: Questions and Plots
Chapter Twenty Four: Kidnapped
Chapter Twenty Five: A Rescue Mission
Chapter Twenty Six: Daisies
Chapter Twenty Seven: A Knife and a Note
Chapter Twenty Eight: The End of Queens
Chapter Twenty Nine: Home
Chapter Thirty: Happily Ever After?

Chapter Four: Sneaking Out

7.6K 143 100
Por hopes4somethingmore

"Can you believe that guy, Jack?!" Charlie was ranting. She never rants but she was ranting.

"Yup. I've known him since before he was King of Brooklyn." Jack said.

They made it back to the lodging house. As soon as they opened the door they were bombarded with questions. To their disappointment, Jack shook his head. They all knew what that meant. No Brooklyn, no backup. Charlie felt horrible. She should've done something more than smack the guy with his "manly" pink suspenders. That was stupid. But so are pink suspenders. She went over to Race, her best friend since she got here.

"What're we gonna do witout Brooklyn, Race?"

"Don't worry bout it kid. They'll...come around."

"Yeah right. You'se ain't a good liar Race."

"Ain't true! You'se just has this...er..special talent of uh..lie detectin'. Yeah. Lie detectin'."

"Really?"

"Ok so I ain't the best liar. But that don't mean ya can't hope a little."

"Hope just disappoints everyone in the long run."

"Awww, c'mon Charlie. Maybe if you'se started believin' in somethin' you'se would--"

"What's the point? Wishing on a stupid star don't get no one nowhere! You don't get hurt if you--"

"Ya know why you'se can't stand Spot Conlon?

"Don't change the subject!"

"I ain't."

"Yeah, why?"

"You'se just like him."

"How?"

"If ya ever get a chance ya see his view on life you'll know why."

He got up then.

What does he know? She thought.

It was getting late. All the newsies were turning in. She climbed onto her bunk. She loved sharing a bunk with Race. With her being on the top bunk, when she was mad at him, she could roll around a lot. And he couldn't do anything about it. It annoyed him so much. It was childish, but why grow up when being childish was much more fun. But she wasn't sure she was mad at him. Just confused at his remark. Then she knew exactly what she needed to do. She waited until all of the newsies were softly snoring away in their own little dreamlands. She carefully climbed down. The old bunk bed squeaked as she lowered herself to the floor. Race stirred. He rubbed his eyes and sat up.

"Where ya goin'?"

"Brooklyn."

"Why?"

"None of your beeswax. Just don't tell no one ya saw me leave."

"Ya lucky I'se ya best friend."

She hugged Race and quickly tiptoed out. Brooklyn at night. This should be interesting.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1K 41 22
Quote: "Do you ever wonder what it would feel like to be more than a newsie, more than just a poor kid sellin' papes?" "I don't have to wonder. I...
10.2K 72 17
Jules Kelly, Jack Kelly's fake sister, is busted out of an orphanage and becomes a newsie. During the Newsboy Strike of 1899, Jules seizes her opport...
4.6K 66 47
You guys love each other no doubt. And nothing will change that. Mark didn't think he'd ever love anyone, will you change his mind? What will happ...
100K 3.6K 53
Davey Jacobs was the new kid. And boy, did he hate being the new kid. His whole life, Davey had gone to private school but now, since his father hurt...