Fake It ('Til you make it)

By Mystic_Raven20

In the glitz and glamour of Hollywood, Adrien Agreste, the up and coming movie star, finds himself in a stick... More

Adrinette April 2024
Dating Sim (Marinette)
Best Friends (Adrien)
Truth or Dare? (Marinette)
Boyfriend/Girlfriend (Adrien)
Made For Each Other (Marinette)
Reverse Crush (Adrien)
Passing Notes (Marinette)
Confession (Adrien)
Identity Reveal (Marinette)
Villains (Adrien)
Virtual Reality (Marinette)
Starlight (Adrien)
Flirting (Marinette)
In the Rain (Adrien)
Family Found (Marinette)
Soulmate Markers (Adrien)
(Un)Lucky Charms (Marinette)
Shared Dreams (Adrien)
Future Plans (Adrien)
Sharing a Bed (Marinette)
Fantasy au (Adrien)
Taking it Slow (Adrien)
First Kiss (Marinette)
London (Adrien)
(Not) London (Marinette)
What If? (Marinette)
Love Notes (Marinette)
Red String (Adrien)
Wedding Dress (Marinette)
Epilogue - Hugo, Louis and Emma (Adrien)

Safe (Marinette)

548 33 22
By Mystic_Raven20

When she'd first fallen for Adrien, it had been his genuine kindness and willingness to forgive that made her heart beat a little differently. Then she'd begun to see her partner in a different light, not knowing she had once again fallen in love with the same guy for the same reasons.

Her spirit changed the day she started to let him in. The understanding that she could be the worst person in the world, yet he'd still want to be with her and guide her back into the light, was something that just lifted her. With her partner by her side, she could take on the world (literally).

But the final moment came the day Adrien left Paris and she suddenly realised, after eight years of being with each other day in and day out, part of her soul had been ripped out. She'd tried to be brave - to be supportive - and to be honest, she thought she was doing a fine job of it. Too fine, in fact.

She moved about his room, so different to the days when he'd been isolated in it. Nathalie had done a great job with the mansion, redecorating and dispensing of any remains of Gabriel and his unnatural ruling over the household. But for some reason it still was missing the heart to keep it alive, it was nothing more than a skeleton.

Instead of a climbing wall, the whole side of the room had been refitted into a library, one which she'd helped find the books for, because Adrien Agreste didn't read 'just normal' billboard hits. He enjoyed some finer literature and some unique stories. He had everything from Collins to King, Oswald to Child, and also some Dickens and Shakespeare. Just looking at this wall made her feel stupid. He'd read everything there - and there were hundreds. She'd ventured as far as his copies of The Hunger Games and the Jack Reacher series, but her attention span for reading just didn't exist.

"Hey, wife."

Marinette spun around from the bookcase to the door of Adrien's ensuite, and there he was. Her husband-to-be, wearing the hell out of his daily loungewear – black basketball shorts paired with a white vest top, arms bare and showing off his deliciously tanned skin, which made her want to scream at him to sit down so could climb on top of him and lick him. Which was honestly pretty indicative of her current state of mind. i.e. a tad unhinged.

"Hey."

They stood smiling at each other, and she could tell from the twitch in her cheeks that she really was faking it.

"Wanna watch a film?" Adrien moved his arm. Where to? She had no idea because his arm was on show with those glorious muscles flexing, causing her eyes to remain glued. It wasn't that Adrien was big, he was just very well toned – think Chris Evan in the Winter Soldier. Oh, what she wouldn't give to see Adrien manhandle a helicopter back onto a rooftop...then manhandle her back onto his – okay, now was not the time to be thinking about that, and whilst she was thinking about it, why had she started staring at his bed.

"Sure!" The word came out high-pitched and squeakier than an excited Mullo.

"Are you okay?" Adrien asked. He was already sitting on the sofa and she was just standing there, looking like a freaking idiot, staring at his bed.

Way to try and win his heart, Marinette! Now all he would think was that she wanted to sleep with him – or worse, that she wanted to take a nap.

"Yes. I'm fine. Just thinking about all the..." She looked around the room for some sort of help to get her out of this, when her eyes fell on the cuddly black cat she'd won for him at the carnival seven years ago. "About the cats!" she announced. "I just hope all the cats out there are safe tonight. You know, because cats don't like water."

Credit due to Adrien as he just laughed and continued searching for something on the tv. "I'm quite sure all the cats will be fine, Nettie. They'll find a safe place, just like this cat."

Chuckling, Marinette made her way over the sofa and tucked one leg under her as she sat next to Adrien. "So, what did you want to watch?"

"I was thinking 'The Proposal'." He wiggled his eyebrows in a way that made her want to push him flat and climb on top. God, she really needed to sort this out.

"Seriously?" she whined, giving him a tiny push.

Off balance, Adrien fumbled backwards, reaching out and tugging at her shirt. He gently pulled her down to join him in a cosy, yet inappropriate embrace. Her gaze locked with his, a whirlwind of emotions swirling through her as her heart danced with excitement.

"Hi," he whispered, his voice husky and thick with something which made him all the more attractive. His hand came up to move a strand of betraying hair back behind her ear in a similar fashion to what had happened on the rooftop. The touch caused her to lower her body towards his, pushing her weight down into him.

"Hi," she responded. Her hands positioned themselves on his chest, her heart beating heavily in her throat, urging her to go for it. To just see what could happen. Her hands moved involuntarily, pulling at the material on his vest, lowering it down and revealing the perfect structure of his collar bone. Now, that she could lick.

If she thought his gloved hands on her earlier were spine tingling, they were nothing compared to the toe-curling feeling of having his thumbs slowly circle on her waist, his fingers bunching the t-shirt and revealing more of her legs...her unshaven legs.

Scrambling backwards, Marinette pulled the t-shirt down and tucked both her legs underneath her, hiding her hair monsters from Adrien and the world. Anthony was right, she should always be prepared.

She coughed, clearing the embarrassment from her throat. "The Proposal then?"

Shifting awkwardly, Adrien stood up and turned away from her, heading over towards the small fridge he kept in his room and, as usual, grabbed two bottles of water before heading back to them.

"I'm just going to –" Before Adrien could finish his sentence, their movie night was cut short as the room plummeted into pitch black, the sounds of Adrien colliding with something combined with a hard curse and Plagg's laughing.

"Stop being so useless and help me out here!"

Understanding from his tone that he meant Plagg and not her, Marinette grabbed the closest phone (his) and flicked on the torch.

"Are you okay?" she asked, directing the light at Adrien and accidently blinding him, which caused him to utter another curse as he collided with the table a second time.

Scrambling up onto her feet, Marinette rushed out apologies as she grabbed Adrien's arm, helping him in the direction of the sofa.

"It's okay," Adrien groaned.

He collapsed on the sofa, his head falling back and displaying his thick, muscular neck, making her feel like a vampire with a thirst for blood.

She turned her attention to his leg where he'd hit it on the table, trying to change her devilish thoughts to more angelic, holy ones. "Is there anything I can do?" she stuttered out.

She reached out to place a hand on his leg, giving the soft hairs a gentle stroke with her thumb as she tried to find the sore spot. A hand came down and clamped on top of hers. One bigger and calloused, and manly. Adrien stopped her from moving, bending over and holding her down, his chest pressed into her back.

Marinette could feel the laboured breaths leaving his mouth and nose, only to be met by the warm air of his next words.

"You could always kiss it better."

The statement caused a weird groan to vibrate in the back of her throat, her eyes closing and chest heaving. Why did he hold such power over her?

She had always worn the pants in this relationship - well, until he stole them off her. Now she was pantless — literally — and once again her mind was spiralling into an area it should not be going.

He's your best friend, Marinette! For your own sanity, STOP IT!

She turned her head, trying her hardest to think of something sassy to say back to him. To unhinge him into a state similar to hers. But what she hadn't expected was for his face to be so close to hers. Her lips parted, a small stream of air leaving her lungs bare and gasping for oxygen.

"Nettie, I —"

"Here, Bonzo, sort them out yourself. I'm not going near that lighter again."

You had to be fricking kidding!

Plagg, the mighty destroyer of sexual tension, threw what looked like a bag of a thousand candles at them before zooming off somewhere. Marinette's back suddenly became freer as Adrien moved back to sit against the sofa.

"Plagg!" Her partner growled his kwami's name in a way Marinette had only heard him speak to villains — both on and off screen.

"That's a lot of candles," Marinette said, grabbing the bag from where it had landed on the floor. Thank goodness it was so dark in his room. Her cheeks were probably glowing with more power than the sun.

She handed the bag over to him, a nod of gratification before he started setting them up, using the lighter to light up the room.

"Yeah, they're from..."

Adrien's sentence hung in the air between them as he continued to light the candles, Marinette's brain working overtime to consider what he might have meant.

"From?" she probed. She watched as he took a deep exhale, almost blowing out a section of candles he'd already lit.

"From...that night."

That night? She continued watching him as their biography ran through her head. Candles? When did he need candles? Hold on...

"That night? Like, that specific one? You're telling me those candles are eight years old?"

Adrien chuckled, stretching up to rub at the back of his neck. "I know! It was too much back then and now it's just ten times worse. But I couldn't help it. It was the first time I ever felt that way."

Marinette smiled, the warmth in her heart blossoming like a newly opening bud in spring. The feeling was beautiful and soft, full of hope and positivity. It came with an end date, a moment it would crumble and fall. But right now, this feeling was new and wanted, and she would do what she could to keep it.

"It was really sweet of you, Adrien. Seriously, if it wasn't for..."

"Yeah, I know." His smile was sad and thoughtful, her heart yearning for him to know that he was the reason she'd turned him down at the time. Why the hell was this so complicated? "It's ok. I pushed my feelings on you too much. I should have known when you were uncomfortable and backed off. I won't be making that same mistake again."

Marinette caught his eyes and couldn't help but notice the steely determination in them...almost as if he was talking about now.

Silence grew between them as Adrien lit a few more candles only to be interrupted by the buzz of her phone (and his) where they'd placed them. Adrien didn't look at her as he reached out and grabbed his phone.

"Looks like the quiz is on again. Shall we?"

Marinette smiled, grabbing her own phone and opening their group chat. "We certainly shall, Minou."

Settling back on the sofa, Adrien opened his arm out, an indication for Marinette to slip in close. His legs were up and crossed at the ankles, his thighs all tense, toned and tanned...and if she didn't move quickly, she would most certainly bite one.

She moved to snuggle in between the sofa and Adrien's warm body, hoping that she could make it through the quiz without passing out...or doing something worse.

A group chat called:SSSHH with: LB, CN, RR, C...

Received Message from:Nino
Okay, so it's my and Alya's turn this time. Team names please and who's in your group.

Received Message from:Kim
Me, Max and Alix are – 3B

Received Message from:Max
Brains

Received Message from:Alix
Brawn

Received Message from:Kim
Beauty

Received Message from:Juleka
Rose and I will be known as Princess Luna

Received Message from:Adrien
Nettie and I will be the Nearly-Weds

Received Message from:Luka
I'm with Zoé

Received Message from:Nino
Yes, Luka!

Received Message from:Luka
As a team! ? we'll be the stinging vipers

Received Message from:Mylène
Me and Ivan are the Eco Warriors

Received Message from:Kagami
Félix and I will be Dragons Feather

Received Message from:Nino
So the rounds are Friends, Disney Princesses, Spice Girls, Harry Potter and finish off the line (songs) with a couple of bonus rounds

Received Message from:Rose
YESSSS!

Received Message from:Marinette
This is definitely my type of quiz

Received Message from:Ivan
Sounds good

Received Message from:Alya
Just so you're aware, 3 of the songs come from Nino so get looking for Michael Jackson lyrics ?

Received Message from:Adrien
I wouldn't expect anything else

Received Message from:KimReceived Message, replying to: Alya
Just so you're aware, 3 of the songs come from Nino so get looking for Michael Jackson lyrics ?e
FFS Nino!

Received Message from:Alya
Can we have your Joker rounds please?

Received Message from:Adrien
Friends for us please

Received Message from:Juleka
Disney princesses here

Received Message from:Kim
Harry Potter, I think!

Received Message from:Alix
Yes! Potter!

Received Message from:Ivan
Songs

Received Message from:Luka
Me and Zoé will go songs too

Received Message from:Kagami
Harry Potter! Félix has got to know something about that

Received Message from:Félix
Is that because I'm British? I feel a little offended right now

Received Message from:Kagami
Do you know about Harry Potter?

Received Message from:Félix
Well, yeah but that's beside the point

Received Message from:Marinette
I didn't know you were a fan of MJ, Luk

Received Message from:Luka
TI'm not, I'm hoping Zoé can help out a little

Received Message from:Zoé
Is that because I'm American? I'm offended.

Received Message from:Félix
Me-ouch! Have you got my cousin's ring again?

Received Message from:Nino
Anyway...moving on... Friends 1. What is Chandler's middle name? 2 What could Friends have been called? 3. How many categories of towels does Monica have? 4. What is the name of Joey's Penguin? 5. What are Rachel's sisters called? 6. What is the name of Phoebe's alter ego? 7. What sport did Ross play to impress Rachel? Send your answers to Alya please.

Received Message from:Ivan
Mylène and I have never watched Friends so we'll take 0 this round ?

Received Message from:Marinette
What the hell!?

Received Message from:Alix Replying to: Ivan
Mylène and I have never watched Friends so we'll take 0 this round ?
How have you never watched it?

Received Message from:Zoé
I've watched it all and still only know 1 answer...

Received Message from:Mylène
I've watched random episodes when they've been on, but never really paid attention...

I also have never got around to watching Harry Potter

Received Message from:Alya
Wow.

Received Message from:Adrien
Did Kim ever finish reading HP?

Received Message from:Juleka Replying to: Mylène
Mylène and I have never watched Friends so we'll take 0 this round ?
This is not your night

Received Message from:Max
Kim knows 1. I hope. The rest are guesses

Received Message from:Kim Replying to: Adrien
Did Kim ever finish reading HP?
Yeah, but I don't get it! How can they finish a book when the villain's still out there?

Received Message from:Alya
You do realise there are 8 books right?

Received Message from:Zoé
7...let's ignore that last one for the sake of mankind!

Received Message from:Marinette
Agreed!

Received Message from:Max
Agreed!

Received Message from:Nino
BONUS ROUND! Give us your best Joey and Janice impression!

Received Message from:Max
0:03

Received Message from:Kim
0:03

Received Message from:Rose
0:03

Received Message from:Marinette
0:03

Received Message from:Zoé
That's actually quite convincing

Received Message from:Alix
Marinette that was really good

Received Message from:Kim
Rose, that laugh comes from too many 'my favourite murder' podcasts

Received Message from:Alix
0:03

Received Message from:Adrien
0:03

Received Message from:Ivan
0:03

One of three episodes I've seen...and it may not even be friends ?

Received Message from:Félix Replying to: Ivan
One of three episodes I've seen...and it may not even be friends ?
Bastard! Now I need a new one!

Received Message from:Kim Replying to: Ivan
One of three episodes I've seen...and it may not even be friends ?
I'm quite sure that's the Big Bang Theory!

Received Message from:Alix
Bazinga!

Received Message from:Félix
0:03

Received Message from:Kagami
0:03

Received Message from:Adrien
Félix! That is an excellent Homer Simpson ?

Received Message from:Félix
Was that not the challenge?! Doh!

Received Message from:Juleka
0:03

Received Message from:Luka
Woah! That was as annoying as in the actual episode

Received Message from:Marinette
Ju! Omg! This is amazing!

Received Message from:Alix
Juleka! That was brill!

Received Message from:Juleka
Hidden talent!

Received Message from:Félix
That was an impression!? Thought it was your normal voice.

Received Message from:Juleka
Asshole!

Received Message from:Ivan
I don't even know who Janice is

Received Message from:Luka Replying to: Félix
That was an impression!? Thought it was your normal voice.)
Dude, her normal voice is way worse

Received Message from:Nino
Moving onto round two... Harry Potter How many players are on a Quidditch Team? Who did Harry Potter share his first kiss with? What is the name of the street Harry lives on? What is the name of the three headed dog? Which British comedian played Peeves, but was then cut from the final edit? What was the name of Dumbledore's Phoenix?

Received Message from:Adrien
Cus! It's your time to shine...apparently!?

Received Message from:Félix
Go back to making out with your fiancée, cus!

Received Message from:Adrien
Don't worry, you all know how good Nettie is at multitasking ?

Received Message from:Luka
Too much information Meow-sterMind

Received Message from:Marinette
I solemnly swear we're up to no good ?

Received Message from:Félix
You two just get more and more perfect for each other

Received Message from:Adrien
Some say...made for each other

Received Message from:Félix
Some say...egotistical prick

Received Message from:Nino
Can you all stop sending Alya compliments to try and get extra points, it's going to her head

Received Message from:Kim
We feel you don't tell her enough

And we all agree she is wonderful and that you are very lucky Nino

Received Message from:Alya

thanks Kim!

Received Message from:Nino
Round 3. Spice Girls. What did Geri use to make her Union Jack dress? What were the Spice Girls originally called? What year did Geri leave the Spice Girls? Where was the video for 'Say You'll Be There' filmed? Out of all the Spice Girls, who are Bluebell's godparents? (Two answers) Where was Wannabe filmed?

Received Message from:Félix
Who the fuck is Bluebell?

Received Message from:Kim
Tinkerbell's cousin

Received Message from:Adrien
Not to be mistake with Taco Bell

Received Message from:Nino
Or a doorbell

Received Message from:Alix
You guys are dumbbells!

Received Message from:Marinette
Can we move on please before you start a punning war?

Received Message from:Nino
Round 4. Disney Princess Round When Cinderella is cleaning the floor, what song does she sing? How old was Snow White? What are the names of the three fairies in Sleeping Beauty? What is Ariel and Eric's daughter called? Which Disney Princess is the only Princess with brothers? What is Belle's horse called?

Received Message from:Zoé
I feel like Q4 is a bit rogue, it must be a Disney sequel film. Not seen any of the sequels, just the ones that had cinematic releases

Received Message from:Alya
I thought you were a big Ariel fan, Zoé!

Received Message from:Zoé
Yeah, but only The Little Mermaid itself. It peaked with that.

Received Message from:Marinette
Zoé, just ask Luka. I'm sure he knows

Received Message from:Luka
I definitely do, M

Received Message from:Adrien
Woah! Woah! Woah! What's with the winking face and inside joke? Nettie! You have some 'splainin to do.

Received Message from:Luka
Nothing to worry about, dude

Received Message from:Adrien
FFS stop winking!

Received Message from:Alix
Should we intervene here...or leave you to it?

Received Message from:Adrien
BRB I'll be having a 'word' with my fiancée.

Received Message from:Kim
Is it just me, or are these questions rather sexist tonight?

Received Message from:Ivan
Agreed! Where's the cars round?

Received Message from:Nino
Don't worry guys, there's a great music quiz about to come up.

Received Message from:Juleka
Rose has nailed this one!

Received Message from:Rose
I'll be nailing something else later too *manic laugh*

Received Message from:Félix
Are you two pissed?

Received Message from:Rose
We may have opened a bottle of wine...or two! We're still celebrating Marinette and Adrien ? ゚マᄏ

Received Message from:Nino
BONUS ROUND! Google Prince/Princess followed by your name and send to the group the third image

Received Message from: Rose

Received Message from: Marinette

Received Message from: Max

Received Message from:Kim
Dude!

Received Message from: Kagami

Received Message from:Zoé
Mine is un-postable!

Received Message from:Alya
Send it to me!

Yikes!

Received Message from: Juleka

Received Message from:Marinette
Love that hairstyle!

Received Message from: Adrien

Received Message from:Marinette
The perfect comparison!

Received Message from: Félix

Received Message from:Alya
Powers back on! Which is the end of the quiz!

Received Message from:Ivan
What no music round?

Received Message from:Nino
Next time man!

Received Message from:Alya
Well done to our winners for this black out quiz...The Newly-Weds! ? As your prize, you get to plan the next one!

Received Message from:Marinette
Pound it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 570 17
When Ladybug just scrapes into the top 10 of Paris' favourite heroes list, she asks her partner and her best friend for help. After they decide she's...
182K 6.2K 15
Marinette Dupain-Cheng is happier than ever... Her partner Chat Noir is no longer attracted to her due to the fact that he now has a girlfriend. Free...
58.7K 2.1K 6
We are aware of how Marinette found her love for Adrien Agreste. A simple but caring gesture that revolved around an umbrella sparked an everlasting...
583K 17.4K 32
-Fully Edited- Adrien Agreste is a famous boy in his school, he is well known for being a flirt who dates all girls and breaks up with them. On the o...