End Of The Beginning

By EOTB_08

We always thought that nature have a way of balancing things. What if it's not true ? what if it was somethin... More

Chapter 1- The New World
Chapter 2- The Impact
Chapter 3- Uninvited Guests
Chapter 4- Uninvited Guest
Chapter 5- A Friend in need
Chapter 6- Search
Chapter 7- Truth, Lies & The Lost
Chapter 8- Contact
Chapter 9- No More Lies
Chapter 10- The Beginning
Chapter 11- Lab 7
Chapter 12- Holding On
Chapter 13- Doorways
Chapter 14 - Backup
Chapter 15 - Storytellers
Chapter 16- Fix
Chapter 17- Make A Deal
Chapter 18- Capture
Chapter 19 - AntFarm
Chapter 20- Escape Plan
Chapter 21 - Plan B
Chapter 22 - Hide
Chapter 23 - Plans & Preparations
Chapter 24 - Change Of Plans
Chapter 25 - MOS Protocol
Chapter 26 - Alternate
Chapter 27 - Trapped
Chapter 28 - Into the Unknown
Chapter 29 - Vessel
Chapter 30 - Allen's Story
Chapter 31 - Archives
Chapter 32 - Blast From Past
Chapter 34 - Visitors
Chapter 35 - East Or West ?

Chapter 33 - Camouflage

0 0 0
By EOTB_08

Later that night, Albert heard his phone ringing. It was Allen

" What is it ? " Albert answered the phone

" Sir I'm at your door. " said Allen

" What .... ? What are you doing ? " asked Albert

" Please open, I will explain everything. " Allen replied

Allen came inside when Albert opened the door.

" Sir, listen to me, it's important " Allen said before Albert spoke. " Since seeing the photo, I've been thinking about it constantly. I couldn't sleep so I did some research. When I checked Dan's profile in FIESTAA, I saw a lot of pictures, including her marriage, her kids' graduations, her son's birthdays, their marriage, and her husband's death. "

" So what ? " Albert didn't understand what Allen was trying to say

" I couldn't find that girl in any of those pictures. Obviously she would have been in at least one of the pictures if she was Dan's relative. As a last resort, I sent the photo to James, but he had no idea who she was."

" Then I told him to ask his brother Terry. The response Terry gave, however, was different. "

Conversation between James and Terry

" Why ? Who is she ? " asked James

" That's her... She is the fucking bitch " said Terry

" What are you talking about ? " James was clueless

" You don't remember ? Because of her, you used to call me delusional. " said Terry

" Is she the girl you talked about all the time ? " asked James

" Yeah... Yeah you fucking moron ... You believe me now ???? After all these years.... " Terry ended the call

After that James called Allen

" So ? What was he trying to say " asked Allen

" We lost our dad when we were so young. Because mom's high profile job with uncle Albert kept her busy most of the time so we were in boarding school. We only came home during holidays or summer vacations. Mom used to be a lot of fun. It was a blast, those days were magical. In one instance, Terry took a week off, went home, and came back the next day.

" He didn't reply when I asked him why. I kept asking him. Eventually, he told me that mom had a daughter. It was impossible, I thought he was joking. In spite of this, he remained firm in his decision. "

" Apparently, he saw a girl playing and laughing in our house with our mom. As soon as he walked in, she disappeared; he asked mom about it, and she denied it. "

" When I called mom about the incident, she laughed it off and said Terry may have had a crazy daydream. And I believed her. He thought mom had an affair and had another daughter. He thought we were sent to the boarding school because of her. Over the years, there were many arguments and fights. Eventually Terry moved away. However, I always trusted my mother. Now you have called me and shown me this picture of some random girl with my mom, who is exactly the same girl my brother saw. Now I'm not sure what to believe."

" Was she lying to me ? " asked James

" We found this picture in the house. Our file wasn't there, so we assumed she might have it. If I receive any further information, I will get in touch with you. " said Allen

They ended the call.

Allen told Albert everything happened.

" So you think Dan had a secret daughter ? " asked Albert

" I don't think so, I'm almost certain. " Allen replied

" Even so, we ran out of time. " replied Albert

" We got one more day, we can try " said

" Still, you aren't 100% sure about going there, aren't you ? " asked Albert

" To be honest, I'm not. As much as I want to do this, I am also terrified. " replied Allen

" You can still say no, there is still time " said Albert

" I'm not gonna back down. " said Allen

" It's so late, stay here " said Albert

July- 8- 2055 Thursday

Allen and Albert began planning. He told Allen what he should do when he got there. The time was passing so quickly for Allen, it was evening before he knew it. He packed everything.

" There's nothing to worry about, I've taken care of everything. You should not hesitate to use weapons if necessary. In addition, you will travel under a fake name and with a fake passport. You should immediately repair the antenna when you arrive at the facility.  Several years ago, it stopped working. We cannot communicate without it. " said Albert and gave him a small envelope.

Allen got in his car and drove to the airstrip. His private jet was waiting for him there. He loaded his bags and boarded. The jet took off within minutes.

July 9- 2055 Friday 9.24 AM

He reached Alaska. In that parking lot, a guy handed him the keys to a car. He drove to the destination Albert gave him. It took him hours to drive and walk through ice to reach his destination.

4.54 PM

He opened the entrance to the facility which was underground. Even though the place had been abandoned for years, it still looked good. He positioned some equipment around the facility. But he had plenty of time. Afterward, he went outside and fixed the antenna. He also found the portal room. Still, he had some time on his hands.

He decided to explore the facility a bit. With each passing minute, his heart began to beat faster.

While wandering around, his phone started ringing. The caller was Albert, and Allen answered.

" It's..........  she....way " Allen didn't understand what Albert was saying

" Sir... I can't hear you, gimme a sec " Despite walking around the area, he wasn't able to get a good reception. He went out again. When he checked the antenna, some of the wires were fried.

" Fuck me...... " he tried to fix it again.

8.17 PM

It was a cold and dark night. He was still attempting to fix the antenna. Then he heard a loud explosion. He fell to the ground. When he turned around he saw a giant hole in the ground. He looked up and saw a bright light in the sky, it was Exerevnitís. The ship slowly landed in the hole.

He was really surprised. He ran towards the stairs, which were partially destroyed. When he was at the bottom he walked closer to the ship.

" NOVA open the door " said Allen

As soon as the door opened, he stepped inside. There was no one on board, the ship was on autopilot. ' How did it get here ? ' he couldn't figure out.

" Did Albert send it here ? No !! He won't do anything this reckless " he thought.

11 hours ago, FIESTAA HQ

Albert stayed in the barn, waiting for Allen to fix the antenna and cameras.

He looked at the laptop while waiting. He opened it and played the video again. It was hard for him to believe Dan didn't trust him. He watched the video several times. He then looked through the photos and found the picture of Dan with the mysterious kid.

A few minutes later, he sent someone a message.

" Diego, I sent you a picture. In the photo is a young girl. I want you to see how she would look now. It is likely that she will be 30 or older.  "

After almost an hour he got a message from Diego, with an attachment. He opened the picture

" What ??? It can't be." He jumped in his car without waiting for his driver to arrive. He went to FIESTAA HQ.

While driving he called his assistant " I want you to lock up the place and not let anyone in or out except me. "

" Sir ??? " he heard his assistant's sound

" I said lock down the place. Right now  !!! " screamed Albert

" Our test flight of Exerevnit is scheduled for 2.00 PM today. " said the assistant

Albert looked at the clock, it was 1.27 PM " Cancel it "

" I will try sir, I will call you back " said the assistant

" Don't hang up, just go there. I wanna hear what they say " said Albert

His assistant went to the launching area. The roofs were already open.

He went to talk to some of the engineers,and they started arguing.

Jessica was there, she heard them arguing. She went closer " what is it ? "

" They want to cancel the launch " said one of the engineers

" Why ? " asked Jessica

" Boss's orders " said the assistant

" Here " he gave the phone to Jessica

" Sir, it's Jessica, why do you want to cancel the launch ? We planned this three weeks ago. If we don't do this today, we also have to postpone the Jupiter mission. " said Jessica

" Hand over the phone to my assistant " said Albert

She gave the phone to his assistant

" Listen carefully, I will call Benson. Do not make a scene, just remove her from the room and walk towards my office. Benson will handle the rest. Nobody talks to her before I come there. " said Albert.

" Can you come with me please, he will be here in 10 minutes. He said he will explain everything " said his assistant

She looked at her watch " ok... "

Albert reached the facility within 30 minutes.

When he entered the chief of security, Benson walked towards him. " What's going on ? "

" I will explain everything later, is she in your custody ? " asked Albert

" Yes, she is " Benson replied

" How many people know ?"asked Albert

" Apart from us, your assistant, and couple of my boys. The longer she stays there, the more suspicious her colleagues become. " said Benson

" Then don't waste anymore time, let's go "  they both went to the room where Jessica was

Albert entered the room

" Turn off the cameras " he told Benson

" But sir, it's against protocol. " Benson replied

Albert stared at Benson

" Alright... " Benson turned off the cams.

Albert went inside and closed the doors behind him.

" What's going on sir ? Why am I here ? " asked Albert

" Stop the act. Who are you ? What's your connection with Dan ? " asked Albert

She was silent for few minutes then she started to talk " So you figured it out "

" Not really, I know bits and bytes. That's why you are here. I want you to tell me the truth. Who are you ? What do you know about the portal ? " asked Albert

" I can't tell you that, not yet. " said Jessica

" So you know about today, you know that another portal will open tonight. " said Albert

" Yes I do. " said Jessica

" You were going to use the ship to get there. But why ? " asked Albert

" I won't tell you, you are wasting your time " said Jessica

The woman didn't give Albert an answer to any of his questions. Several hours passed.

Then he heard someone banging on the door. He went out.

It was Benson " What's going on ?Her friends are beginning to ask questions. What is it all about ? "

" Just give me few more minutes " said Albert

Then he tried to go back to the room, but the door was locked from the inside. Both of them tried breaking the door down, and finally managed to smash it open.

" What are you doing ? asked Albert

" I'm sorry, I did what is necessary. " said Jessica

Then they heard a loud noise.

" What's going on ?" asked Albert

Benson took his tab " look "

Benson and Albert watched the launch doors open on the screen.

" Don't let it leave, close the doors. " said Albert

As Benson walked towards the launch doors, he ordered them to be closed

" We can't sir, the entire network has been hacked, and we can't control anything. " they replied

The ship left the facility within minutes

" It's her " said Albert

" But how ? She was in the room this entire time " said Benson

" NOVA " Albert went inside, and checked her. He found a pair of earpieces.

" What did you do ? " asked Benson

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

662 56 20
[COMPLETED] War. Sacrifice. Two inevitabilities of human nature come together once more as the human race encounters its latest Great Filter. The Cov...
13.4K 924 79
Completed! ***Book One of the Humans Are Weird Trilogy*** #1 in sci-fi romance June 2021 Humans think other humans are weird: my weird obsession, my...
1.9K 365 37
I am not from this planet. Hell, I am technically not from this galaxy. However, that doesn't change the fact I am here now, and my job is to save wh...
BLUE VENOM By Lia

Paranormal

678 107 22
"Holy crap", I said, staring at the huge green forest opening we were standing on. Only it wasn't a forest. Thick, lush jungle surrounded us. We were...