๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž๐ ๐Œ๐ž๐ฅ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ก๐จ...

By eternaluvr

"๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐š๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ... More

๐—ฐ๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ผ๐—น๐˜†
act one, embedded memories
i. abandoned
ii. coin toss
iii. grey bodies
iv. deals and deals
v. bloodied hands
vii. lovers reunion
viii. recalling the past
ix. jealousy
x. the original hybrids

vi. daggers and liars

768 27 2
By eternaluvr

Chapter 6 | The Dinner Party

WALKING with Jenna close to the old Fell property Elijah and Emaline looked at Jenna as she spoke. "The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence."

"Ah, the Fells." The Mikaelson started. "One of the founding families."

Jenna smiled at the man. "Why do you say it like that?"

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier." Elijah told Jenna.

"It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast um, it was Salem, to be precise." Emaline added, looking around at what Mother Nature had created. Remembering a time long ago where she had walked this very same path. When she was human.

Jenna looked at the beautiful woman, Jenna was very taken back with Emaline's natural beauty. "Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?"

Emaline nodded her head ever so slightly. "Which means the ever lauded Founding families.."

"They didn't actually found anything." Elijah finished.

Aunt Jenna sighed. "Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial." The last part made Ema chuckle since it was so true.

"Yes, they are." Elijah confirmed as he looked at Alaric who was walking over to the three.

Jenna looked at Alaric for a moment before remembering Elijah and Emaline haven't been introduced to him. "Uh, Elijah, Emaline, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman."

"Yeah, I got your, uh, your message about walking Emaline and Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would, uh, tag along. You know being a history buff and all." Alaric explained. "Where to next?"

Emaline sighed. "Well, I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American history."

"Well, I only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car, just give me a sec." Jenna said before walking off leaving them alone.

"Alaric Saltzman." Elijah looked at the man. "So you're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect."

Alaric nodded. "So is Jenna."

Emaline smiled, the look of jealousy beamed all over Alaric's face as he stared at Elijah. "You don't have to be jealous. Elijah doesn't really pursue younger women, you don't need to worry about him getting in your woman's bedsheets." Alaric just stood there not saying a word. "Bloody hell." Ema whispered. "It's a joke, Ric, lighten up."

"Right." Alaric nodded, not liking the two Originals humor one bit.

***

Alaric had left after the tour and Jenna wanted to take Elijah and Emaline out to eat at the grill. Damon, Alaric and Andy Starr were at the grill as well. "Ah, there's Jenn with her new boyfriend and his best friend." Damon said amused as he saw the three of them walk in.

Jenna noticing Damon walked over to the table — Elijah and Emaline right by her side. "Hey guys!" Jenna smiled.

"So I hear you three had quite a meeting of historical mind today." Damon looked at Elijah and Emaline.

Jenna shrugged. "Yeah, I guess you could say that."

Alaric sighed. "Well, as much as I'd love to continue this I, uh, I've got papers to grade." And Alaric got up placing money on the table. But then stopped once Damon's girlfriend began speaking.

"No, you know what? We should continue this." Andy Start gasped. "Let's have a dinner party."

The Salvatore looked at his new girlfriend. "Ooh, my girl. Full of good ideas." Damon turned to Jenna, Elijah, Emaline, and Alaric. "I'll be happy to host. So tonight. Maybe?"

"I don't know if tonight work—" Alaric began to speak.

Jenna nodded quickly. "Yeah, I'm free."

Emaline shrugged. "Yeah, I would love to."

"It'll be a pleasure." Elijah spoke.

Damon nodded at the two Originals. "Great."

***

Damon was currently in the tomb trying to get Katherine up as she was all grey from having no blood. "Good girl." He coaxed when she started to drink the blood. "I've come bearing gifts." He then gave Katherine the bottle when she was finally strong enough to hold it herself. "I didn't have time to properly shop but I did get a couple of things." Damon pulled out a black and red dress and then setting it down on the tomb floor. "Hmm? Wow, that blood did the trick." Damon looked at Katherine as she downed the whole bottle. "You're almost pretty again."

Katherine sighed. "What is it you want, Damon?"

"Guess who's back in town?" Katherine didn't respond. "Your old friend, John Gilbert."

Katherine raised her brows. "Really. Why?"

"He says he loves his daughter. Wants to protect her from Elijah and big, bad Emaline and Klaus." Damon explained to the woman.

"Touching."

"Yeah, right?" Damon took a deep breath before speaking again. "He told me this old wives tale about how to kill an Original."

Katherine getting the strength to stand up did. "And you want to know if it's true. If it was, I wouldn't tell you."

"Now, why not?" Damon looked at Katherine as she walked over to the dresses. "I mean you want Elijah, Klaus, and Emaline dead as much as I do."

"Klaus and Elijah, yes. Emaline, no." Katherine responded. "She's compelled me to stay in here. If she dies, I'm stuck forever."

Damon shrugged. "Sucks for you."

"Forget it, Damon. Killing Emaline and Elijah would be a suicide mission." The Pierce woman shrugged. "You can't do it."

Damon smiled. "Can so."

"Can't."

"Even with a dagger and a little white oak ash?" Damon questioned.

Katherine looked at him eyes filled with fear. "No, Damon, if you kill Emaline, then I'm stuck in here forever."

Damon smiled. "You're really scared."

"Just get me out of here first and then I'll help you. I'll, I'll help you kill Elijah and Emaline, or, or protect Elena. Whatever you want." Katherine began to ramble, scared shitless about being trapped inside the tomb forever.

"I get you out of here and your ass is sipping Klaus-free margaritas on some unknown island somewhere." The raven haired Salvatore shook his head. "No way."

"Th-that's not true. I'll stay." Katherine promised. "Damon, please, just-just don't do it."

"Well, thank you, you've told me everything I need to know." Damon raised his brows.

Katherine scoffed. "I've told you nothing."

"You have. You have indeed confirmed that it is possible to kill an Original which I will do tonight. Guess who's coming for dinner?" Damon walked out of the tomb. Katherine stood there fearful for what will come tonight. Either Damon will die or Emaline and Elijah.

***

Damon was pouring himself a glass of bourbon when Alaric walked up to him. "Uh, this is a bad idea."

"There's no such thing as a bad idea." Damon told his best friend. "Just poorly executed awesome ones." He offered Alaric a glass. "Here."

The Saltzman shook his head. "No. I don't like the idea of Elijah and Emaline being in the same house with Jenna."

Damon furrowed his brows. "Jenna's perfectly safe. Besides, it's just a fact-finding mission. It's totally harmless." He shrugged.

Alaric gave Damon a look. "Just a fact-finding mission."

Damon scoffed. "Yeah." He took a sip of bourbon.

"Listen, no sneak attacks. No surprise plans. Nothing that's gonna put Jenna in harms way, okay?" Alaric looked into Damon's eyes.

Damon placed a hand over his heart. "Scouts honor."

"Hey, Jenna needs help with the wine." Andy Starr walked into the room. Alaric patted Damon's shoulder before walking off — going to help Jenna with the wine. "Thanks."

Damon when Alaric was out of the room quickly went to a box and got the white oak and dagger out. "What's that?" Andy asked looking at the dagger.

"Desert." Damon then dipped the dagger in the white oak. "Emaline and Elijah are stronger than me. Faster than me. It's all about the element of surprise." Damon's plan was to stab Elijah with the white oak and then stab Emaline.

Andy sighed. "Ah, it's too bad. I liked Elijah. He's very old-school. Classy. I also liked Emaline, the way she carried herself. Very confident."

"Which is why you should encourage the two to take their after dinner drinks in here while you do coffee in the kitchen with the girls — minus Emaline of course." Damon explained.

Andy furrowed her brows. "Hmm. That is a little too sexist for me."

Damon turned to face his girlfriend. "Stop talking."

The door bell began to ring and they heard Jenna groan. "Who invited him?" Jenna turned to Damon who just now walked in the hallway to see none other than John Gilbert.

"John! Surprise. Leave." Damon insisted.

John smiled. "When Jenna told me she was coming to a dinner party for Emaline and Elijah, I decided I couldn't miss out on all the fun and games." Jenna walked off hating the fact she had even told John.

"There are not going to be any games tonight, John." Alaric told the man. "It's just a friendly dinner party."

John and at Damon and he shrugged. "What he said."

***

Emaline and Elijah made their way up to the boarding house before Emaline abruptly stopped. "Something's wrong."

Elijah turned to Ema. "What do you mean something's wrong?"

The Druitt woman starred at the boarding house for a long while before shaking her head. "Um, nothing. I just— I don't know." She shrugged. "Dinner jitters?"

Elijah looked at his best friend in concern. Everytime Emaline has said something's wrong, something is usually wrong. But Elijah ignored it since she said it was nothing. He knew she was lying but he wasn't going to push her. "After you." He held out his hand.

Ema smiled at Elijah making her way to the Salvatore's door — Elijah not far behind her. Elijah began to knock and someone quickly opened the door — Damon Salvatore. "Good evening." Elijah said.

Damon smiled. "Thank you for coming. Pleases, come in."

"Just one moment." Elijah told. "Can I just say that if you have a less than honorable intentions about how this evening is going to proceed, I suggest you reconsider."

"Elijah means that I will rip all of your little buddies into pieces and not even heaven or hell will want you, because you'll be to torn up to be able to repair you." Emaline smiled.

Damon tried to conceal his face to where no fear is showing but the Originals could see right through him. "No, nothing, nothing dishonorable. Just, uh, getting to know you both."

"Hmm, well, that's good." Elijah spoke, walking inside the Salvatore Boarding house — Emaline right beside him. "Because, you know, although Elena and I have this deal if you so much make a move to cross me — us I'll kill you and I'll kill everyone in this house. Are we clear?" Elijah threatened as well, making Ema smile.

Damon wearily made eye contact with the Mikaelson. "Crystal."

Jenna coming into view made Emaline smile. "Jenna, how wonderful to see you again. How are you?"

"Nice to see you."

"You look incredible." Elijah told Jenna making Jenna blush a bit.

Minutes have passed and John, Damon, Andy, Jenna, Alaric, Elijah, and Emaline were all sitting at the table drinking wine and eating. "I hate to break it to you, Damon, but according to Elijah and Emaline your family is so not a founder of this town." Jenna poured more wine for herself.

Damon looked towards Emaline and Elijah who were sitting next to each other. "Hmm, do tell."

"Well, as I mentioned to Jenna earlier a faction of settlers migrated from Salem after the witch trials in the 1690s." Emaline explained. "Over the next hundred years, they developed this community where they could feel safe from persecution."

Jenna smiled. "Hmm, because they were witches." She sarcastically said.

Andy sighed. "Yeah, there's no tangible proof there were witches in Salem."

"Andie's a journalist. Big on facts." Damon said.

"Well, the lore says that there was this wave of anti-witch hysteria." Elijah began to explain. "It broke out in the neighboring settlement so these witches were rounded up. They were tied to stakes in a field together and, uh, burned." He then took a sip of wine. "Some say you could hear the screams from miles around us. They were consumed by the fire."

Jenna looked around the table. "I wouldn't repeat this to the historical society." Making everyone laugh.

"It's starting to sound a little like a ghost story to me." John said.

Damon furrowed his brows in confusion. "So why would you want to know the location of these alleged massacres?"

Emaline shrugged. "You know.. a healthy historian's curiosity, of course." She smiled.

"Of course." Damon repeated, smiling at Emaline, Emaline of course stopped smiling glaring at him. Damon then quickly stopped smiling.

"Would anyone care for some cognac?" Damon asked. "I have a bottle I've been saving for ages." Damon then got up.

Alaric shook his head. "None for me, thanks. Nine bottles of wine is my limit."

Everyone then started to get up. "Damon, Elijah, and Emaline should take their drinks in the study." Andy suggested.

"I have to say the food was almost as wonderful as the company." Elijah stated.

Andy smiled at Elijah. "I like you."

Emaline, Elijah, and Damon were currently in the living room. "So, let me guess, in addition to the moonstone, the doppelgänger, the lion, the witch and the wardrobe.. You need to find this witch burial ground." Damon poured himself a drink.

"Because I feel as though we've grown so close, Damon, I'll tell you yes." The Mikaelson answered.

Emaline looked at Damon. "Do you know where it is?"

"Maybe. Tell me why it's so important." Damon offered a drink to Emaline but she shook her head and Elijah took it.

"We're not that close." Emaline smiled.

Elijah looked at hundreds of books on the wall. "It's quite a collection you have here. It is a funny thing about books. Before they existed, people actually had memories."

Alaric walking in the room made the three's attention to him. "Hey.. we forgot about dessert."

"Elijah?" Andy smiled.

"Miss Starr." Elijah looked at her. She began to walk away and Elijah followed her. "Ema, come here!" Emaline heard Elijah shout for her.

"Boys." She bowed her head before leaving to go and find him and Andy.

Damon hit Alaric and Alaric pointed at the dagger and white oak ash, Damon was getting ready to use on the two Originals. Damon spread his arms out in confusion and Alaric sighed getting a piece of paper writing something down on it — then showing it to Damon. The dagger will kill you if you use it, the writing read. Damon then crumbled it up and threw it out of anger. Alaric then picked it up and threw it away in case Elijah of Emaline found it.

"Sorry, guys, dessert is taking longer than I thought." Jenna told Andy, Elijah, and Emaline as they walked back into the dining room. "I usually just unwrap food." And then Jenna went back into the kitchen.

The three sat down, John Gilbert joining them. "So... I know this is a social thing but I, I would really love to ask you some more questions about the work that you guys are doing here." Andy looked at the Druitt and the Mikaelson.

"We'd love to answer." Elijah replied.

Andy smiled. "Great. Oh, that's so great." As she said that Damon and Alaric joined them as well taking their seats.

"Ric, would you do me a favor and grab the notebook out of my bag?" Andy asked Alaric who did just that.

"Emaline, Elijah, did John ever tell you guys he's Elena's uncle slash father?" Damon looked at them.

Emaline nodded. "Yes, we are very well aware of that."

"Of course, she hates him, so there's absolutely no need to keep him on the endangered species list." Damon informed.

"Oh, Ric it's in the front pocket. One the.. you know what? Excuse me, guys. Sorry." Andy excused herself to go help Alaric find her notebook.

"What I'd like to know, is how you guys intend on killing Klaus." John Gilbert asked the Originals. Emaline stiffened at his name. But the past few days she's been saying his name multiple times trying to get over the fear and heart break that came along with it. And the amount of times she had said his name she slowly got over it. She was ready. She was absolutely ready to face him again.

"There's a few things we should probably get clear right now." Elijah stated. "I allow you to live solely to keep an eye on Elena." He told Damon. "I allow Elena to remain in her house living her life with her friends as she does as a courtesy. If you become a liability, I'll take her away from you and you'll never see her again." He threatened.

"Okay. My first question is when you got here to Mystic.." Andy started but soon got cut off when Alaric stabbed Elijah with the dagger.

Gasping Emaline quickly got up. Looking distraught — memories overwhelming her as the only man she had seen with a dagger came over flowing her vision — she couldn't move. Klaus was all she saw. The 1920s memories. Him. Him. Him. Taking the opportunity Alaric stabbed Emaline with the dagger. Gasping. Her arms, face, all turning grey. Alaric then took the dagger out of her back and she fell limp onto the floor.

Alaric walked over to the table placing the dagger on top of it. "Now, get rid of them before Jenna comes back with dessert."

Damon looked at Alaric wide-eyed he didn't think he would've done that, the Salvatore honestly didn't think Alaric had the balls to do what he had just did. "Alright." He whispered, looking at the two dead Originals. Fear honestly remmed Damon. Fear if the dagger didn't actually kill them. Fear that if they somehow come back from the dead what they might do to him — Elena, everyone who had been involved in the situation.

Damon and Alaric were dragging both dead Elijah and Emaline into the cellar of the Salvatore house. "Now, you said there wasn't going to be any violence." Alaric dropped Elijah onto the floor as did Damon but with Emaline.

"Says the guy that did all the killing." Damon looked at Alaric.

"Hey, I took the shot because I saw an opening not because I planned to do this with Jenna in the house." Alaric took a breath. "Now, you can't lie to me like that." Damon shrugged and tried to walk away but Alaric grabbed his shoulder. "Hey, I am your friend, damn it. And you don't have any friends. So no more lying."

Damon looked at Alaric for a long while before walking away. Alaric then took one last look at the two Originals and locked the cellar door.

***

Stefan had just called Damon telling him that the dagger was supposed to stay in the Originals. And that Damon would have to choose one to stay daggered and the other one would have to stay alive.

Damon quickly sped down to the Salvatore cellar hoping the two Originals were still there. But when he got there the door was open and the were gone.

***

Emaline and Elijah opened Jonas Martin's apartment door needing to find someone. "What happened?" Jonas quickly asked, noticing the Originals anger.

"We need you to find Elena." Emaline spat out, angered. She had never been daggered before but that second that it was in her heart was absolutely
brutal and she didn't want to feel it again. "Now."

***

Jonas had located Elena, she was at the lake house. Jonas had taken Bonnie's powers because of the information she had stole from his son Luka.

The two Originals were walking towards the lake house. Elijah bent down and grabbed some rocks, Emaline just stood there only wanting to watch. Still freaked out about the flashbacks she had saw.

Elijah started to walk towards the house — ricks still in his hand with Emaline right by his side. Elijah through the rocks at the door making it break. "You know, we might not be able to enter this house.. but I'm a very patient man. I'll wait you out."

"Well, I'm not very patient unlike Elijah here." Emaline told. "I'll start destruction." She shrugged.

Elena slowly walked in front of the door. "They shouldn't have done what they did." Elena started.

"The deal is off." Elijah said coldly.

Elena shook her head. "I'm renegotiating."

Emaline scoffed. "You have nothing left to bloody negotiate with."

Elena looked at the two Originals before pulling out a knife. "I'd like to see you lure Klaus into Mystic Falls after the doppelgänger bleeds to death."

Elijah sighed. "Stefan won't let you die."

"No, he won't." Elena agreed. "He'll feed me his blood to heal me and then I'll kill myself and become a vampire."

Emaline smiled. "Well, history repeats itself. Taking notes from miss Katerina are you?"

"So unless you want that to happen again promise me the same as before." Elena added. "Promise me.. you won't harm anyone that I love even if they've harmed you both."

Elijah and Emaline stood there contemplating. Well only Elijah was contemplating, Emaline was going to kill them all deal or no deal. Just like she had promised. "I'm sorry, Elena." Elijah looked at the Gilbert girl. "I'm going to have to call your bluff."

Elena sighed looking at the knife in hand slowly pointing it at her abdomen. Elena took a deep breath before stabbing herself. Screaming in pain. Emaline and Elijah's eyes widened. They didn't think she had the guts to do that. "No!" Elijah screamed as he tried to speed to save her but got blocked by an invisible door since he wasn't invited in. "Yes, yes, you can have your deal. Let me heal you." Elijah rambled.

"Give me your word!" Elena yelled as all she felt was pain.

Elijah took a deep breath. "I give you my word."

"As do I." Emaline spoke as well, liking the balls Elena had so might as well give her word to girl. But it doesn't mean she'll keep it. For the night she'll maybe keep it.

Elena got up and stabbed Elijah in the heart with the white oak and dagger killing him. Elena fell in the floor and Stefan quickly healed her.

Emaline though stood there in shock. "You bloody liar. You are just like Katerina. So don't believe the Salvatore brothers when they tell you your not like her, you are." She seethed, and with that said, Emaline sped away into the darkness of the night.

***

Stefan and Damon had put Elijah in the cellar of the Salvatore boarding house. Damon was in his room as his brows furrowed in confusion as he heard his shower running. "Andy? I thought you left after the dinner party?"

Damon walked over into his bathroom and saw Katherine turning around to face him with a smirk on her face. "Hello, Damon. Hey, do you have a robe?"

The Salvatore stared at her for a moment. "How did you get out?"

"I knew that if I begged you not to kill Elijah and Emaline that's was exactly what you'd do." Katherine responded, proud of herself. "Little known fact, Origuabls can compel vampires but as soon as they die, the compulsion wears off." When Alaric stabbed Emaline with the white oak it killed her so the compulsion on Katherine wore off.

Damon shook his head. "And you knew?"

Katherine smiled. "And I'm still here." A pause. "I didn't run. I meant what I said, Damon. I'm going to help you." Katherine looked down at her naked self. "So.. what about that robe?"

Word Count: 4,023

Make sure to vote!!

What do you guys think happened in 1920??

I didn't really like my writing in this chapter but imma post it anyway🤷‍♀️

xoxo, Lauren

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342K 9.2K 57
๐€๐ฅ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐…๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ | โ๐™ฌ๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™š ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š, ๐™๐™ž๐™ข ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ž; ๐™ฉ๏ฟฝ...
531K 13.8K 38
eventually, everything connects. klaus mikaelson x fem!oc the originals, season one-two 2018 | ยฉ heavcnlyrising
962K 22K 36
๐„๐‹๐„๐€๐๐Ž๐‘ ๐…๐Ž๐‘๐๐„๐’, didn't expect that she'd become interested in one of the originals. Not at all, in fact. Being twins with Caroline, she'...