To Love A Villain

By Chick_ennugget

"Leave, you're free. Don't ever come back here again." She said, hoping he wouldn't return and she'll get to... More

The day I died
Once again
Drive him out
I have to get rid of him
Alternate route
His plan
Change of plans
Awful discovery
Stupid little thing
Discipline
The Jewelry Plan
Sweet sixteen
Help me out
Happy Birthday, My Lady
Who am I?
The pathetic monster that I became
My sweet obsession
Pitiful romance
My desires
The Helper
Her brother's secret
The engagement
The haters
Just me
Propaganda
The informant
One peaceful day
Ruin her
Happy Seventeen
Everything is the same
Life in prison
How to let go?
Final preparation
Wishes
Make love
The End of this pathetic life
snippets
More snippets
Amber's cafe
A cute little guest
Something is weird about the kid
Reunion
Why would the master of the magic tower be here?
My peace is here
At Death's Door
Death
Power
Something impossible
My happy place
Holy Power
Exposed
The king's summon
The king's request
Ahin's rose of affection
The exes
You have to stay
Party
An old friend and an 'accident'
Take care of the mess
The kids and the things they do
Training
Success
Under attack
A Genuine Gift
Matching scars
Odd relationship
Cute
The Elf's Plea
Mana core
The Forest Of Elves
Why want the core?
Mana core
The Night Of The Full Moon Game
Dance for me
The Next Task
This Beautiful Person
The Bane Of His Existence
Display of power
Bitter Truth
The Time That Made Him What He Is: The Beginning
The Time That Made Him What He Is : The Isolation
Tree infused palace
The Time That Made Him What He Is : A Half Bastard
The Time That Made Him What He Is : Betrayal
The Time That Made Him What He Is :Abandonment
The Time That Made Him What He Is :No Hope, No Power
The Time That Made Him What He Is:Powerless
No one else but you
Volume 3
Dynamics
Gender Bender

My Dear Lovely Lady

3.5K 149 47
By Chick_ennugget

>>Amber

Hael and I stared at each other for a moment

"It's because you look rattled." He smiled, "I heard young ladies liked this." He looked into my eyes, "Does this not calm you down?"

...

No, I shook my head

I can't stop thinking about it. I was immediately overcome by a wave of unease that twisted my stomach into knots. I shook my head, as if trying to dispel the images that danced behind my closed eyelids.

My hands began to tremble uncontrollably as the weight of what I had done settled heavily upon my shoulders. How could I live with myself knowing that I had taken a life, no matter the circumstances?

With a shaky breath, I wrapped my arms around myself, seeking solace in the comfort of my own embrace.

I can't believe I killed a person

>>Hael

I watched her keenly. The moment she started to remember what happened her body started shaking.

I've known her for years, but I have never seen her this unnerved.

Why was she shaking? Was that something frightening? It was just a dead man. What's there to be so scared of? It wasn't even a noble. No one's going to ask her about it and I did a perfect job of cleaning up.

It didn't sit well with me. I placed my hands on her knees

"What are you worried about? I took care of it." I said

She raised her head and looked at me.

!!!

Tears were taunting the corners of her eyes.

"Killing someone isn't normal Hael." She raised her hands. They were trembling, "It's something that shouldn't happen."

Is that so? Killing isn't normal... Hmmm,

....

"You have holy power." I said, "You could have healed and saved the man yourself."

Her eyes went wide, "What?" She looked at me with her pupils shaking, "I- what?"

"I'm sure you already know this. Holy Power works better than magic for healing."

"Why-," Tears slid down her cheeks, "You could have told me." Her skin went paler

"You already know though. You have holy power. And who doesn't know holy powers can heal?"

She fell into further despair, "No-I," She dropped her head on her lap and grabbed her head.

How strange. Was she so panicked it didn't even cross her mind? Well, it's not like she had used her power before, so I guess a mistake like that can happen.

"You don't need to despair over it." I tapped her head softly with my index finger, "I doubt you could have used your power anyway." She raised her head to look at me but she looked at me with a glare, "You need to learn to use your power before you use it." She kept glaring at me and that didn't sit well with me.

I wiped a tear that jumped from her eyes, "What happened, happened, I'll teach you how to use your power. So, don't worry,"

Her gaze softened a little.

What am I even supposed to say at a time like this? "Tell me," I asked, "What is it that you're most worried about?" I got up and took my place on the bed beside her.

She frowned, "I killed," She started and immediately stopped. So she's hung up on that.

"You don't have to worry." I said, "It was self defense."

She shook her head at me, "But it wasn't. He wasn't targeting me."

"Killing while saving someone still counts as self defense. And you actually did a good thing, getting rid of trash like him." I smiled, "He just would have made Serena's lift more difficult."

"We could have done something about it." She was still confused, "Anything! We could have found a solution after we saved him. We could have handed him over to the knights or something!"

"We already did something." I said, "This was the best solution." I looked at her sternly, "Believe me," I placed my hand on hers that was on the bed, "You didn't do anything wrong." Her pupils were shaking. Her anxiety hadn't calmed down.

Hmmm

I opened my arms for her, waiting to see how she'll react. She jumped into me, embracing me tightly. Her trembling figure stuck to my body

!!!

My smile widened and I wrapped my arms around her.

It seems that Corvina-No, Amber can't help but rely on me. After all, I was the one who saved her from that situation. Now, I hold something over her.

I like this feeling

I like how she's here with me. It's something completely different when she left me. That feeling of rage seem to disappear at a moment like this

"You don't need to worry My Lady," I stroked her back, "I'll make sure nothing happens to you."

>>Amber

Hael's embrace felt warm which was unexpected. But then again, I was so unnerved I didn't know what to do or who to rely on. At a time like this, he was the only support I had.

And ironically, his words calm me down because I know he has the blood of a whole mansion on his hands.

"You really think so?" I was asking a dumb question. I just wanted to make myself feel better after that terrible act, "Does that really count as self-defense?"

"Yes," He replied, "I know so," And I buried myself deeper into him. I felt so lost. At one point if I think about it, none of it would have happened if Hael hadn't given me that brownie and that makes me mad but on the other end, I can't blame him for my actions.

I chose to smash that pot on his head. It was my crime yet he cleaned it for me.

...

I gripped the back of his shirt. And after cleaning up after me, he's trying to calm me down too.

"You have the power." He said, "You are no longer helpless. Why not use it?" He said, "Once you learn how to control it, you'll be able to deal with situations a lot more easily."

His obsession with power and him giving it to me as well. What does it mean? Why is he so stuck on power?

I let out a sigh, "I'm tired," I said, majorly because I didn't want to answer him, and partially because I was tired.

Hael put his hand on my head and then I felt a cooling sensation in my brain.

"Are you using magic on me?" I asked

"Yes," He answered.

"What are you doing?"

"You said you're tired, I'm going to put you to sleep."

"...Okay,"

>>Hael

I carried her to bed and put the blanket on her, then took my place beside her. I was not tired, but I had a few things on my mind.

That rose that she had in her hand, that was given to her by that knight Ahin.

I watched her sleep.

It seems you want to leave me again. For what? Another man? He seems to fancy you as well.

I despise that thought. You are mine, aren't you? I belong to you, so why would you choose another man?

Softly, I grabbed a lock of her hair.

You can't leave me after doing that with me. You shouldn't have slept with me if you had plans of leaving me out of your life.

I brought the lock of her hair lower to my face.

Sex had been nothing more for me than a means for survival. But with her, it was different.

There was something there that I never got to experience again.

There is something there, whenever she is close to me and it's only there with her.

I will not allow you to run away from me again.

Never

I opened my fingers and let the hair fall down as I glanced at her nape. Then I smiled.

Well, it's not like you can escape anymore, My dear lovely, lady.

***

>>Amber

"You're really taking me back?" I looked at Hael in confusion. When I woke up in the morning, I was alone in bed. But I did find him in his lab and told him I wanted to go home.

"Why? You want to walk back?" He asked as offered his hand to me.

I didn't think he would agree so easily. He's my assigned trainer and from yesterday's talk, I could tell he wanted me to learn to use my powers.

"No," I said, "It's not that," I looked away but gave my hand to him, "I just thought you'd be strict about me learning to use my powers."

"I'm sure you'll want to learn yourself now," He replied, "After all, you don't want what happened yesterday to happen again."

Just the thought of it sent goosebumps on my body and a violent shiver down my spine

I gulped

"No," I let out a meek reply

A teleportation circle appeared under us, conjuring the magic in the air and fluttering our hair and clothes.

"You can do what you want at your house, you'll be coming back to me anyway." And then the light flashed.

We arrived right outside our cafe. As the teleportation magic faded, I let go of Hael's hand

"You can rest for a few days, I'll come pick you up when you feel better." He said, "Or you could simply call me,"

"Call you?" I knitted my brows together at his statement.

"Call my name," He said, "And I'll come to you."

I blinked at him. I did this before and he came to me, but at that time I knew he was there. Back at the palace. But how would he know now?

"How would you know I'm calling you?" I asked and he smirked.

"Oh, trust me, I'll know,"

"How!?!" I asked. Even if he's the Master, it's impossible to know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291 12 51
[I waited for you my entire life... and you were worth every minute.] Ardyn Lowell normally forgets his dreams. He's a normal young adult who has goo...
4.8K 161 11
You're a college student living at home and working multiple part-time jobs to make ends meet. Neglected by your family you're forced into isolation...
1K 22 43
crappy isekai MC's that don't have progress, so, I call them one-shots, despite having an outline and plot that I don't want to write out. "What up...
612 248 21
Allison Monroe, a passionate college student of a Pre-Law course in University of the Philippines Diliman, come to believe that destiny no longer exi...