The Beast And The Prodigy

By suzangill98

Reinan Andersan A prodigy who earns thousands with a flick of her finger and then spends hours distributing i... More

Prologue
The Prodigy
The Beast
The Prodigy
The Prodigy
The Beast
The Beast
The Prodigy.
The Prodigy.
The Prodigy
The Prodigy
The Prodigy
The Beast
The Prodigy
The Prodigy
The Beast
The Prodigy
The Prodigy
The Beast
The Prodigy
The Prodigy
The Prodigy
The Beast
The Prodigy
The Prodigy
The Prodigy
The Beast
The Prodigy
The Prodigy
The Beast
The Prodigy
The Prodigy
The Prodigy
The Beast
The Prodigy
The Prodigy
The Prodigy
The Beast
The Prodigy
The Prodigy
The Beast
The Beast

The Prodigy

946 132 8
By suzangill98

" I....actually guys...he...."

Zahir and his group stare at me as my mouth opens and closes. Come on. I have to say this.

But what if they mock Veer?

What if they degrade him and not treat him as equal.

My heart thuds in my chest and my palms turn clammy. But then if I don't tell them he may think I am ashamed of him. No, I have to tell them.

" Veer isn't related to the Rathore's. He is.."

" He is....."

Before I could complete his deep voice echoes from behind me and I feel a shiver slither down my spine.

Dammit!

" I am a normal wage worker living in Dharavi with my three younger siblings. With what I earn, I can't afford to stand here let alone buy a drink. I ain't any heir to some business empire left by my parents, a 1 BHK room in a slum and my siblings are my only lineage."

" I don't give two fucks about what you guys think about me but it seems your dear friend here..."

His eyes connect with mine and my blood freezes.

" Seemed to have a problem introducing me properly."

Opening my palms, he places the notes I gave to the bartender back into my hands. I just blankly stare at them and then with one last look he starts walking away.

" Dharavi? Seriously? What kind of friends do you have Zahir?"

" Where did you meet her? Does she also live there? Gosh are we hanging around with lowlives now?"

Zahir's friends mock but in that moment I didn't care. All I was concerned about was his retreating back. He was leaving.

I have to stop him. He can't go like this.

I take a step towards him when Zahir blocks me. His eyes were raging.

" What the fuck Rei? What was he saying? Does he really live in those slums? Have you lost it! Does uncle know-"

" I can't talk to you right now Zahir, just let me go!"

" Move aside, Zuzu"

Darian interjects and he looks at her with a shocked look.

" And you are with her in this, Darian? Seriously? Just ask her to open her damn eyes-"

I push past him to follow Veer's huge frame. I don't need anyone's validation on my choice.

Especially not Zahir's.

What was he? A playboy? A spoiled brat who only knows how to throw money and watch everyone dance in front of him.

I desperately look around to not find his frame anywhere, till I catch a figure walking out of the doors.

" Veer!"

" Wait! Veer!"

I call him but he doesn't stop, maybe he can't hear me because it was too loud here? Pushing past the bodies, I struggle to reach out.

" Veer!"

Danmit! We reach outside. I am sure I was audible this time. But he ignores me.

A a strange dread settles in my chest.

" Veer stop! I am talking to you dammit!"

He stops this time, and the words he spoke next poked deeper than his silence.

" Well you weren't when you were supposed to."

I press my palms on my knees, trying to catch my breath. Shaking my head in a no, I speak. My hands move in all directions as I try to explain.

" I was going to tell them... you didn't let me complete -"

He turns around to walk towards me and my heart drums in my chest. Those eyes. I can't see hate in them again. No please.

He walks closer and my steps move back on their own accord.

My back presses against the bonnet of a car and he places his palms on either side of my head. Trapping me.

" Yah right. I could clearly see your hesitation... this blabbering mouth of yours was suddenly out of words."

" If you are so ashamed to accept who I am, how are you going to accept being my girlfriend, Peaches?"

Trailing his eyes all over my face, he whispers to make his hot breath fan my lips.

" This beautiful face of yours can easily trap a rich guy, go use it on one. With me, you will just be wasting your time and effort."

A traitorous tear trails down my eyes. Why is he being so mean and rude suddenly? I was just being protective of him.

Next I know, his finger tip catches a falling tear, sliding it off my cheek. That strange look from earlier returns in his eyes.

" Stop this... "

" Stop what?"

" This. Being mean and rude.I just did it to protect you."

He scoffs to suddenly laugh, like I cracked a joke of the millennium.

" Protect? Seriously? That's the most stupid excuse I have ever heard. What makes you think I will need protection and that too from a person like you?"

Right. What was I thinking? He doesn't care what people think about him. But I cared. I can't hear anyone talk shit about him.

Taking deep breaths, I finally look into his eyes to speak.

" Stop playing with my feelings. Just reject me directly. If you don't want me to be your girlfriend  just say it."

Those dark eyes just stare at me.

Not saying anything.

And I feel my insides crack with every second. This is it. If he says no, I am leaving.  You can't force someone to beg you to like you back. He is never going to look at my face again.

Lowering his hand he clenched his fists. And I see he is debating.

Deciding our future.

Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. He moves back from me and I feel my insides break. Shattering.

No. Please. No.

" I don't need this right now, Peaches. Go home."

" What about later?"

I just couldn't bud that little hope. I had to try my best. One last time.

He shakes his hand to sigh.

" We aren't compatible."

This was it. The final rejection. And a stream of tears follows that even he couldn't stop. This was going to happen, why was I feeling like this. I should have known.

" Sorry... I am sorry for troubling you all this time."

I say smudging my nose and avoiding his eyes. Dammit! What am I saying? Biting my lip I try to control my sobs.

" Goodbye-"

Saying this, I turn around to leave when I feel a hand grip my wrist and I seize. What now? Why is he stopping me now? Wasn't it enough brutal already.

" Peaches listen-"

" No. I understand. You don't need to say anything else."

Ripping my hand from his grip I enter into a sprint, struggling to see with my blurred tears. I need to go away from him. Far- far away.

Fuck me for being so stupid.

He must be mocking me internally. Calling me a stupid desperate woman. I bet Ali and him will have a good laugh about this.

I don't know anymore where I was going.

I just run. Blindly. Till I see blinding flood lights flashing at me and my footsteps seize.

Honkkkkkkk

Fuck!

I couldn't move. The car was coming closer. Approaching me like a dark hole ready to engulf me as whole. My senses left my body as I hear the honking come closer and I scream to just shield my eyes.

This is it.

I wanted to do the maths. To measure the angle and velocity to escape this. Use my brain cells this one last time.

But I was frozen.

My calculations failed my mind like senses left My body.

It is the end.

When did my life become so meaningless? I was a happy go lucky person living my life, until a beast came and upturned it. To only walk away in the end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 3.8K 42
At lightning speed I threw open the covers of the bed , checking for any trace of missing clothing ; Every ounce of my fiber, of my being was yelling...
308K 6.6K 68
This book needs editing, the first chapters aren't very good, but the story gets better as you read on! There was only one thing that Amelia White ne...
37.9K 1.3K 62
Madan is a son of a billionaire businessman but, an obnoxious playboy. He wants everything he laid his eye on. He doesn't leave anyone without gettin...
22.7M 775K 50
"Your problem is that your heart is too big, it leaves you vulnerable and makes you weak." He spoke in such certainty that it brought tears to my eye...