Fighting The Light (A Harry P...

By hogwarts-is-my-home8

Amber Chamberlin disliked James Potter very much. There was no way of putting it simpler or plainer. From the... More

Fighting The Light (A Harry Potter Next Generation Fanfic Book 1)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue

Chapter 18

7.8K 207 190
By hogwarts-is-my-home8

James Potter

Words couldn't even describe how beautiful she looked. I saw her and I was completely lost for words. She never fails to take my breath away. Our annual New Years Party usually dragged and I usually hated attending, but because my friends had been invited this year I was excited. That was until my family had started dropping really big hints to Amber. Why did they have to be so embarrassing?!

"Hi, Mum, hi Dad." I grimaced, turning to face my parents who had smug smiles on their faces.

"Are you going to introduce us then?" Dad asked, gesturing to everyone stood around me.

"Um sure. Dad, Mum, this is Tanner, Nadia, Cassie and Amber." I introduced them.

"It's lovely to meet you all, I'm Ginny, James' Mum." Mum introduced herself to them all and shook each of their hands as they all told her it was nice to meet her.

"And I'm Harry, James' Dad." Dad introduced himself to them all and shook their hand's after Mum did. At least they hadn't said anything embarrassing yet.

"It was really nice of you to invite us all." Nadia smiled at my parent's. Nadia had always been a very kind person and it didn't surprise me that she was being polite.

"Yes it was, me and my family are very grateful." Amber agreed. This was her very polite side showing. Both Amber and Nadia's parent's were fairly rich and brought their children up to be very polite and proper.

"That's quite alright, we love to meet new people and especially James friends." Mum smiled at Nadia and Amber. 

"Have they met any of the family yet then James?" Dad turned to me, smirking a little as his eyes flickered over to where Amber was stood. Of course they were coming to torture me, why wouldn't they? 

"Yeah, well they already know Fred and Kyle, but they've also met Teddy and Aunt Taylor." I told him, narrowing my eyes at him a little. 

"Speaking of Fred where is he? I haven't seen him since we got here?" Tanner asked me. 

"Oh he's stood near the front of the room with his parent's." Dad replied. 

"Let's go find him." I demanded, quickly dragging Kyle and Tanner after me. I needed to talk to them about my Amber situation that was slowly getting worse thanks to my parents. 

"Woah mate calm down, we can walk by ourselves you know?" Kyle cried, pulling his arm out of my grasp as we made it halfway across the room from where Amber, Nadia and Cassie stood. It looked like Mum and Dad had gone to talk to some other guests. 

"Sorry I just needed to get away from that. It was so awkward!" I cried, running my hand's through my already messy hair. 

"I hate to break this to you James, but I don't think Amber is clueless about your feelings for her anymore." Tanner shrugged with a small smirk. 

"Thanks for stating the absolute obvious Tanner! My family are actually the most embarrassing people ever." I groaned, looking over to where Amber, Cassie and Nadia were all laughing at something. 

"Maybe you just need to speak to her about it." Kyle shrugged. 

"Yeah that's a good idea!" Tanner agreed. 

"James! I'm proud of your choice, she's lovely." Aunt Taylor pushed her towards us. 

"Oh Mum, can't you leave us alone for two minutes." Kyle groaned as she joined us. 

"Actually I was looking for Ginny son of mine, do you know where she is?" Aunt Taylor scowled at Kyle. 

"She went to greet more guests with Dad over there Aunt Taylor." I pointed over to where I could see Mum and Dad's head's talking to Kingsley Shacklebolt the Minister For Magic. 

"Thanks." Aunt Taylor grinned, rushing over to Mum and Dad. 

"I wish my Mum was that fun sometimes." Tanner laughed in amusement as Aunt Taylor patted someone on the head and then ducked out of the way so that they wouldn't see her carrying on her journey towards Mum and Dad. 

"Trust me, you don't." Kyle rolled his eyes as we reached the table where Fred was sat with Uncle George, Aunt Angelina and Roxy. 

"Freddie! I missed you!" Tanner cried, running over to Fred and hugging him over the shoulder's. 

"Tanner, have you had too much Firewhisky already?" Fred rolled his eyes at him, wriggling out of Tanner's grasp. 

"He's just being strange as usual." Kyle shrugged. 

"Uncle George, Aunt Angelina, this is Tanner, our friend from school." I introduced him because I just knew that Fred wouldn't do it. 

"Nice to meet you Mr and Mrs Weasley." Tanner smiled charmingly at Uncle George and Aunt Angelina.

"You too honey." Aunt Angelina smiled kindly at Tanner. 

"Nice to meet you mate." Uncle George shook his hand. 

"Where's this girlfriend of your's then James?" Roxy smirked at me. 

"One, she isn't my girlfriend and two, she's over there with her friend's." I rolled my eye's. 

"James, didn't you want to talk to us all alone?" Kyle asked. 

"Yes! See you later!" I cried, letting Tanner pull Fred away from the table. 

We finally made it to the corridor that lead to the garden and I had judged that it was safe to talk with them about Amber there. I leant against the wall sighing out in relief. The hall had felt like it was suffocating me because I was so nervous and I had no idea why. What was wrong with me?! I was usually so confident and outgoing, now it felt like I had changed into another person. 

"What did you want to talk about anyway?" Fred asked, looking confused. 

"Our family has been dropping the biggest hints ever to Amber and there's no way that she doesn't know now!" I cried. 

"James, why are you stressing so much about this, just talk to her?" Kyle asked me confused. 

"Yeah Kyle's right mate, what happened to the confident James that we know?" Fred asked. 

"I was never that confident Fred, but when it comes to Amber i'm like my brother!" I cried. It was bad if I was becoming as quiet as Albus. 

"Then you just need to calm down. Think about what you want to tell her and then tell her." Tanner told me. 

"You're all right, I just need to talk to her." I sighed.

"Come on, let's get back in there, it'll be time for your parent's speech soon." Fred smiled a little. I nodded in agreement and stood up with determination. I was going to tell Amber and I was going to tell her tonight.

Amber, Nadia and Cassie were stood in the same spot that they were in before we left when we entered the hall again. However this time Lily was stood with them, talking about merlin knew what. Tanner walked up to them all confidently, slinging an arm over Nadia's shoulder and smirking at them all. This was definitely Tanner's signature move. I took a dee breath, trying to keep my confidence up. I had to tell her, I couldn't keep avoiding it. 

"Amber, could I talk to you for a moment?" I quickly asked her before I talked myself out of it. 

"Yeah sure." She smiled, beginning to follow me out of the hall. 

"Could I please have everyone's attention?" Dad suddenly stood up to the microphone. I sighed and stopped, dropping Amber's hand a little. Why did my parent's have to pick now? 

The hall fell silent and Dad smiled gratefully, ready to speak again. "Thank you. Myself, Ginny and our children James, Albus and Lily would all like to welcome to you to yet another of our annual New Years Eve parties. We would like to welcome new and old guests and hope that you all have a wonderful time. Thank you." 

I rolled my eyes and turned back to Amber, smiling a little. 

"That was probably one of the most pointless speeches that Dad has ever made." I laughed a little. 

"Don't be so mean, it was nice of them to welcome everyone." She smiled a little as we walked out to the corridor. We stopped near the fountain and I smiled at her nervously. 

"Okay, this is going to sound so weird." I laughed nervously. 

"James, why do you seem so nervous? It's only me." She told me, looking concerned. 

"You're right...okay here goes. Amber, i'm in love with you and I have been since forever. I know you hated me in the past and i've really tried my best this year. I get it if you don't feel the same I mean i'd probably be like that if it was someone that I once hated. I just needed to get it off of my chest and-"

"James, shut up rambling." She chuckled a little. I then noticed that she had stepped a little closer to me. 

"You don't feel the same do you? I get that it's okay-" 

"James, I never said that I didn't feel the same." She told me. 

"I know but-" I was suddenly cut off by Amber's lip's pressing against my own. I was quick to respond and I slowly wrapped my arm's around her waist as her's worked their way around my neck. 

"Please shut up." She smirked as she pulled back, her arm's still around my neck. 

"Does that mean that you do feel the same then?" I grinned down at her. 

"No I just kissed you to get you to shut up." She giggled. 

"Alright no need to be sarcastic." I couldn't keep the grin off of my face. 

"Sarcastic is my middle name." She smirked. 

"I thought it was Louise?" I grinned.

"Well it isn't." She winked. 

"Does that mean you're mine now then?" I asked her. 

"Do you want me to be?" She smiled. 

"Do pigs fly?" 

"What?" 

"Yes, of course I want you to be mine." I rolled my eyes. 

"Then I will be." She smiled. I grinned and quickly attached my lips to her's again, picking her up and spinning her round. I couldn't be more happier than I was at that moment. 

We returned to the hall, hand's entwined and smiles on our faces. Nadia was the first to see us, and her face fell into a wide grin as she started tapping Cassie and Tanner so that they would turn around. Tanner ran towards us and threw his arm's around us both. 

"It's about time! You're so blind Amber Chamberlin!" He cried. 

"And you're so bigheaded Tanner Jordan!" Amber rolled her eyes. 

"I'm so happy for your both." Cassie grinned, giving us both hugs next. 

"Ah! My two best friends!" Nadia grinned before hugging us. 

"Well done mate." Kyle smiled, slapping my back. 

"Welcome to the family Amber!" Fred grinned. 

"Calm down Fred, they aren't married." Nadia laughed a little. 

"Aunt Ginny and Grandma Molly won't see it that way." Fred shrugged. 

"Is everybody ready for the New Years Eve countdown?!" The loud voice of Teddy called over the microphone. 

"We better go and find our families. Happy new year." I smiled, kissing Amber and then hurrying away with Kyle and Fred following. 

"James, Fred, Kyle, there you are! Where were you?" Mum demanded as we finally made it to my our family. 

"10!" 

"James' just got himself a girlfriend." Kyle grinned. 

"9!" 

"Who Amber?" Mum asked. 

"8!" 

"Yes Amber." I replied. 

"7!" 

"Aw little Jamsie is growing up!" Aunt Taylor squeaked. 

"6!" 

"You'll have to bring her over to meet everyone later James." Mum told me. 

"5!" 

"I will." I told her. 

"4!" 

"Are you all ready for another new year?" Dad asked us all with a smile as I took Mum and Lily's hand's.

"3!"

"Hell yeah!" That was Aunt Taylor. 

"2!" 

"Mum shut up!" 

"1!" 

"Happy New Year!" 

Celebrations flew around us as everybody welcomed another year. I smiled and kissed Mum and Lily's cheek's wishing them a happy new year and gave Dad and Albus hugs before moving over to Aunt Taylor. 

"AMBER!!!" 

That was when I ran and all hell broke loose. 

********************************************************************************************

Hi guys!

THEY'RE FINALLY TOGETHER! AHHH! 

Taylor returned to this chapter because I was starting to really miss her! I'm sure you all missed her too. Of course she'd have something to do with James and Amber's relationship.

Sorry for another cliffhanger but what do you all think happened to Amber? 

I'll let you all think about it....

Thank you for reading, 

Natalie :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 32 31
Aurora Kindle was in her 5th year. She had to transfer schools - beginning her new life in Hogwarts as a Slytherin. The war has been over for 3 year...
207K 4.7K 34
Leianna Sweary has been through a lot since her first year at Hogwarts. She has been through more than any typical teenager. Her first year resulted...
7K 100 18
"For it is in the brightest moments that we find ourselves, and in the darkest that we are lost." ~A quote from me~ James Potter is the famous son of...
12.7K 141 51
James Potter has always hated everything about Mariya Seratova: she's blunt, unapologetic, and worst of all she's a Slytherin. She stands for everyth...