The First Monsoon

By shairaholicx

Book-1 THE MONSOON LOVE SERIES ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ AARYA SHEKHAWAT She's a remarkable businesswoman. Known... More

Characters
1. First Raindrop
1.2 First Raindrop
2. First Face-Off
3. Last Chance
4. Best Friend
New New New
5. Old Scars
6. Park Venue
7. You make me smile
8. Award Night
9. Flashbacks
10. Survival
11. Paparazzis
12. Dream or Reality?
New Book Alert!!
13. Real Dead!
14. Chaos
15. His Jealousy
Scrollstock update
17. Denial
18. Aap
19. He's Harmful for Me

16. Ready for Marriage?

89 11 18
By shairaholicx

When Aarya walked into the office of Malhotra Group of Industries, she was not ready for what chaos awaited her inside.

As she entered the reception, the sound of her heels making her presence known to everyone, all heads turned towards her. As they recognised the figure, their eyes widened in surprise. Immediately Whispers and murmuring started in the reception hall, all results of the headlines circulating from the morning.

Aarya, unaffected by everyone's state, walked ro the receptionist, with her head held high and her she devil aura.

Even the receptionist was looking at her with wide eyes. Aarya reached the desk and tapped it, placing her perfectly manicured hand on the desk, she took off her glasses by the other. The receptionist was still staring at her, her mouth wide open, jaw touching the ground and eyes not blinking at all.

A few seconds passed and she did nothing. Aarya's impatience was increasing second by second. And the girl was not helping her at all. Now Aarya started was getting anger.

(Oh poor girl. Now what will happen?)
Author ducked in the corner.

"Are you done checking me out or you need me to pluck your eyes balls out and rub them clean so that you know who you're making wait?"
Aarya raised her her voice at the end of the sentence, which happen to bring the receptionist back to reality.

"S-sorry, so-sorry ma'am. I-im really sorry. V-vo actually I-I"... She didn't get the time to complete her sentence as Aarya cut her off.

"Listen, I don't have the time to waste here. I need to meet your Boss, Right. Fucking. Now. So you better tell me where he is."

The reception flinched due to fear. And why wouldn't she. It's Aarya Shekhawat who's standing in front of her. And that too, Angry Aarya.

(Oh good God, save that poor child)

"Ma'am si-sir is cur-rently in a meeting. You'll have to wait-"

"Wait? And Me? Do you even know what you're saying? Get me to the directors office now,-or you know what, just leave it. I'll myself go to him and do the honours."

Saying so, Aarya started to move towards the elevator. She was halfway through it when the reception came running in front of her and said catching her breath

"Ma'am please try to understand, he's in a meeting with an inventory. It's really important. Kindly wait here, I'll inform him immediately that you're here. Please ma'am."

Aarya's fists tightened and jaw clenched. She was ready to break her face right now, but seeing the pleasing look in the girls eyes, she resisted. She closed her eyes and took deep breaths to calm herself down. After a breath or two, she again opened her eyes and said,

"Call that Malhotra here. You've got 5 minutes"

Saying so she was about to turn when a voice stopped her.

"I'm at your service, your highness."

Before Aarya could turn towards the direction of the voice, a hand swooped behind her waist, pulling her sideways, extremely close to him. The movement was so sudden that she didn't get time do or think and just went with the flow.

"And you can get back at work lady" Ajay gently asked the receptionist while still holding Aarya.

Just as Aarya realised her position, she glared at Ajay and elbowed him in his guts.

"Mmph", Ajay maintained his smile without looking at Aarya, his eyes still on the girl indicating her to leave. The receptionist seeing the chance, quietly ran back to work.

Aarya Again elbowed him, and this time he cried, rubbing his waist.

"Oi Maa" Not too loudly, but enough to show his pain.

"What the hell is wrong with you woman? Mendhak kha ke ayi ho kya?"
(Have you eaten frogs?)

Aarya looked at him with a mixture of confusion and anger and asked, "Mendhak?"
(Frogs?)

"Hann, mendhak!
Frog... Angrezi mem!!!"

"Oh I know what it means in English. Stop with the translation, Mr. Oxford. Tell me why did you say that?" She asked in anger.

"Arey itne hath pair chala rehi ho, kood rehi ho, kabhi reception pe, kabhi kisi se sar pe. Apne employes ka khoon to chusti hi thi, ab mendhak ko bhi Nehi chora tumne?"

(Lady you're moving your hands and legs a lot. Jumping here and there, either on the reception, or on someone's head. Sucking your employees blood wasn't enough for you, that  now you started eating frogs as well?)

Aarya was beyond frustrated.
Firstly, the incompetent news reporters were shamelessly plastering her and his photos from last night on every news channel. Secondly, she was being plastered all over social media with this buffoon.
Thirdly, her not-so-beloved uncle was here, arranging her marriage alliance with this very buffoon.
And to top it all off, this insufferable joker was standing here, doing nothing but irritating her to no end.

Her anger was reaching its boiling point. She glared at him with such intensity in her eyes, conveying the depths of the unethical things she wanted to do to him in that very moment.

Ajay gulped. He knew he messed up and now this atom bomb is ticking. So before it could actually explode, that too on him, he immediately straightened up and took her to the office.

"Oh Aarya. Calm down. Leave all this.  We've a bigger issue to take care of, remember."

Saying this, he took her towards the elevator. After reaching the floor, they headed straight towards the head office.

How can uncle do this? And why is he doing this? And that too, without her consent?

There were the only thoughts running in Aarya's mind. The only thing that she hates is when someone tell her what to do. She hates it when someone else has any authority over her.  And all the things that were going on right now, were just fueling her displeasure.

They were about to enter the room when they heard some yelling inside. Both Aarya and Ajay looked at each other, tension creasing their face.

"YOU WONT TELL ANYONE. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

"And why will I follow your order?"

"Because if you don't, then I'll..."

"You'll what uncle?"

At Ajay's voice, both the person jerked their head towards him. Their tensed composure soon turned into shock when they saw Aarya trailing behind Ajay, looking as suspicious as him. 

Ranvijay and Aditya exchanged glances. Tension setting in the room. For minutes, no one spoke. The room clouded with uncomfortable silence.

Ajay was clueless, looking between both the elderly men, whereas Aarya was trying to strip them off of their facade through her siren eyes.

After a prolonged staring session amongst the four, where the other men were trying hard to not meet the eyes with the other two, Ajay broke the silence.

"Dad, what's wrong? Why were you yelling?"

Aditya's posture stiffened, whereas Ranvijay relaxed, but regained his usual stoic and unreadable expression. Aditya too relaxed, knowing that none heard the actualu conversation. He released a light sign, almost unnoticeable. Ajay seemed unaware of these minimal movements, but this slight change didn't go unnoticed by the siren in the room.

"Nothing Ajay. We're just talking about some business related things."

Ajay arched a brow suspiciously.

"Really? Just talking? But we heard yelling?"

Before Aditya could speak, Ranvijay hastily interrupted.

"Oh that. Ajay, you know how your father gets hyper when something distrupts his plans. It was just a slight disagreement, nothing else."

Ajay looked at Ranvijay, and then at his father. He was still unconvinced, but chose to let it go.

"Ookay. If you say so.
Anyways, Aarya's here, and we both wanted to talk to you both regarding something."

He guestered towards Aarya, who stepped forward. She looked at her uncle with a neutral face and asked

"I heard you're planning my wedding"

Ranvijay's lips slightly lifted at the corner. He took a step in her direction and kept his hand on both her shoulders. Rubbing the thumb of his palms on her shoulder blade, he looked into her eyes and said

"I was just talking to Mr. Malhotra. We saw the news and unknowingly we both found that you both do look good together. So why not try it out. It was just a mere thought Aarya."

"Oh. A Mere Thought"

Aaray spoke, imphasising on the last words. Her face remained stoic but her mind was creating hundreds of possibilities. Several calculations running in her mind. Why, what, when, how- all the questions and their potential reasons revolving in her mind.

But all she needed was a hint. Any sign of malice. And when she noticed the slight dilation of his eyes, she got her answer.

"Yes beta. We're just thinking that if you both could give each other a chance.

See. Both of you are the most eligible bachelors. Successful, smart, charming, visionary and not to mention the heirs of the most successful running business in the country. So Why not give it a try?

Though we won't force you, it's all your choice at the end of the day."
Said Aditya.

"And also Aarya, how long are you planning to stay alone? You need someone by your side, who can care for you, appreciate you,  love you. You too have a personal life, and you want a companion for it.

And both of you are college friends. You both know each other, you respect the boundaries, you know the values, you trust each other. Believe me, this is the perfect match."

"Companionship? With this lady don. Huh. Kabhi Nehi."

Ajay muttered under his breath. But Aditya heard him and smacked his head.

"Dad!!!!" Ajay whined.

"Oye khote. Kya kabhi Nehi? Sehi to keh raha h Vijay. Dono dost ho, jaane ho ek dusre ko. Kya kharabi hai? Bhyi mujhe to Aarya bahut pasand h. Iss gadhe ko sudharne ke liye perfect hai. Halaki mujhe tumhare liye kaafi bura lagega beta, tumhe ye chachundar jo milega."

(Hey idiot. What 'never'? Vijay is absolutely right. Both of you are friends, you know reach other well. What's the deal then?
And I really like Aarya. She's perfect to keep a scrowndle like you on check. Although I'll be really sad for you girl, for getting a duffer like him)

"Seriously Dad? Apne bete ko aise degrade karte huye sharam Nehi aati apko?

Or han, mujhe koi shok nhi shadi karne ka. Abhi meri Umar hi kya h. I'm just 29 dad. Abhi to Puri zindagi bachi h."

(Don't you feel ashamed that your degrading your own blood?
And yeah, I'm not at all interested in marriage. I'm just 29 dad. I've my whole life)

Ajay exclaimed, fixing his collar.

"And also, we both don't want to get married. Right Aarya."

"Oh who's asking for you to get married immediately beta. We're asking to give it a try. Go on a few dates, know each other better, then decide. There's no rush."
Ranvijay spoke.

Ajay was whining and Aditya and Ranvijay were continuously trying to persuade him. But there was one person jn the room who was just observing the situation. She didn't interrupt them, nor did she say anything. Because that clever mind was thinking something else.

It was only when Ajay said something that turned all their heads in her direction.

"Arey ask her first na whether she wants this or not?"

He was so annoyed by the continuous pursuance of both the men that he wanted to run from there. But he was also relieved about Aarya's answer. He finally signed in relief when they turned towards her, only to get the biggest shock of his life

"I'm ready for it"

~°•°~

Akum Bakum

Oh my my! Ye kya ho gaya!! Aarya ne han kardi?? Ye to alag hi twist de diya.....
Maine! 😅

Chalo ab ye hi diya h to sehi lo. Baaki khulasa to aage ke updates m hoga.

Till then stay tuned and follow for updates!!

Buyiee!! ❣️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

524K 34.3K 73
#1st Book in 'Tangled Series.' Revenge and Love, I was tangled between both of these. Once I loved but that love took everything from me, it destroy...
8M 490K 70
This book will be under editing from 1st may, I won't take it down but I suggest you all wait till this message is removed |NOT AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE...
114K 10K 22
( On Every Sunday) First Book of Her Series Meet our Boss Lady Eshana Shekhawat WELCOME TO journey.... Of Eshana and Armaan .. When Life made her...
193K 11K 59
/BOOK 2 - PROPOSAL SERIES/ -- Starting fresh, starting new is never easy. Not when you leave a major part of yourself back and locked in chains of t...