Ratatoing Rewritten: Toings

Da FattyRattyOG

I have taken the HORRIBLE, AWFUL, Ratatouille rip off, Ratatoing, and rewritten it to make it not so... terri... Altro

Sewage Spill
Filthy Rat
Where a Rat Can be a Rat
Catching a Rat
Rodents Remorse

The Big Cheese

20 1 6
Da FattyRattyOG

Marcel woke up next to his alarm at 9:36 am, 3 hours and 36 minutes after his restaurant opened. He knew he was late, but still he slowly and calmly stepped off his bed of silk, one paw in front of the other. His fur was a light blue color, and his snout was skinny with a pink ovular nose at the end of it. He lived in a small town of rats like himself in a 1 1/2 foot wide alleyway.

After putting on his white chef hat, he left his hole in the wall and walked down the concrete flooring of the alley. It was a bright morning; the alley had just enough space between each wall to allow light in. As Marcel strutted confidently, he got stares and waves from the rats that were outside their holes in the walls. He smiled and waved back as he walked smugly to his restaurant, which had a sangria awning and a sign above it that read "Toing's".

MARCEL: "Another day in the kitchen."

He opened the front door and all his adoring fans began cheering him on and complimenting his greatness as he smugly thanked them and walked into the kitchen.

The kitchen was filled with about a dozen hard-at-work chefs. Carol, one of the waitresses, approached Marcel.

CAROL: "You're late."

MARCEL: "Come on- the place runs itself!"

The loud crash of a plate smashing echoed in the kitchen.

RAT: "Oh god not again!"

Greg, a chunkier green rat approached the glass and scolded the rodent who dropped it.

CAROL: "Get your kitchen in order, Marcel." She squints and taps his chest with her sharp pointer finger before walking to the window to place an order.

Marcel makes his presence known by raising his small, furry arms in the air and speaking loudly.

MARCEL: "Everybody," he gathers the attention of the staff "uh- start cooking!"

One of the cooks replies while holding a frying pan filled with vegetables over a stove.

COLBY: "We were already doing that.."

MARCEL: "Okay, soooo do it better."

Carol scoffed from the corner of the room, then left to the dining area. The rats continued their stressful cooking while Marcel casually picked up a loose piece of Taleggio Cheese and walked over to a chair in the corner of the room and proudly sat down. He watched over the kitchen for a couple minutes, and then eventually fell asleep.

Meanwhile, Carol approaches a table of older folks in the dining area.

CAROL: "Hey guys, how is everything?" She says with a welcoming smile.

OLDER WOMAN: "Oh my goodness it's just absolutely delicious I mean really-"

OLDER MAN: "This has got to be the best food I have ever had, there's no maggots in it or anything!"

Both of the customers speak with a creaky, but polite English accent.

CAROL: "Well, I'm so glad your enjoying the-"

OLDER WOMAN: "Marcel right? Oh I am just such a fan-" She cuts her off.

Carols eye twitches as she hides her annoyance.

CAROL: "That is the head chef." She clenches her teeth and forces a smile.

OLDER WOMAN: "If you don't mind- well- do you think maybe we could meet him? It's just we are so happy to be here today I mean it did take months to get this reservation- and- well- it is Harold's birthday today. We'd love to give our compliments."

CAROL: "I..uh.." She looks through the rectangular kitchen window to see Marcel sleeping in his chair, then turns back at the older folk.

CAROL: "I'll make sure he sees you." She smiles.

They both gasp and smile, looking at each other with excitement.

OLDER WOMAN: "Oh thank you so much dear."

CAROL: "It's my pleasure."

Carol left the customers table and as soon as she turned around her face switched from a warm grin to complete frustration as she approached the kitchen to see Marcel dozing off.

She looked at him and the Taleggio Cheese that was half eaten and sitting on his lap with revulsion and picked up two nearby pots, banging them together in front of his face. He jumped in his seat and his eyes popped open, his head turning side to side in confusion.

MARCEL: "What..?"

CAROL: "Oh, there you are! Some folks out there want to compliment your 'amazing' cheffing skills." Her tone condescending.

MARCEL: "Ugghhhh just tell them I'm busy." He sinks in his chair and pulls his hat over his eyes.

CAROL: "Are you serious? I thought you liked taking all the credit for our hard work." She puts her hand on her hip.

MARCEL: "What? I do not do that I- what? I do lots around here! Do you really think I do that?" He says with all leftover confidence leaving his body.

CAROL: "You've been sleeping for seven hours." She talks through her teeth. "They are a lovely old couple, one who's birthday it is and I told them you were going to meet them so YOU ARE GOING TO MEET THEM."

MARCEL: "But-"

CAROL: "GO."

MARCEL: "Okay."

Marcel walks outside of the kitchen and is immediately bombarded with positive comments and whispers. He waves to his fans complacently and approaches the table.

MARCEL: "Hey guys! I was told we have a birthday today."

OLDER MAN: "Ahh-" He waves his hand modestly.

OLDER WOMAN: "We just wanted to say how much we love your work- and the food was absolutely delicious I mean just WOW! What were you saying Harold about the..?"

OLDER MAN: "No maggots."

OLDER WOMAN: "No maggots!! Really- I mean what is your secret?"

3 suspicious looking rats one table over seem to tune in on the conversation, their circular ears lifting.

MARCEL: "Ma'am, the only secret here is hard work and dedication." He closes his eyes and smiles pompously.

Carol, who was serving a nearby table, scoffed once again at his snobbery, and the nosy rats one table over held their heads in disappointment.

OLDER WOMAN: "Ohh you got us there!" She said with a cheeky smile as she raised her finger at him, making herself and her husband laugh. Marcel laughs politely and feels he's done his part, simply wanting to go back to sleep.

MARCEL: "Alright guys well- it was a pleasure meeting you two! But I've gotta get back to work- you know just sooo much to do but- enjoy the rest of your day!"

OLDER WOMAN: "Alright honey, you as well!"

He walks away and the two folk excitedly talk about the encounter. Just as Marcel gets to the kitchen door, one of the 3 nosy rats, Brie, stops him.

BRIE: "Hi, I just happened to hear that little conversation- I mean, 'hard work and dedication' that's really such an adorable response." She says with a smooth, but kind of annoying British accent that makes her sound like she should be wearing long white gloves and holding a glass of red wine.

MARCEL: "Why, do you not think I'm a hard worker? Because I-"

BRIE: "No no no, I have no doubt about that. I just think it's quite an intelligent way to avoid one of those types of questions."

MARCEL: "I guess.."

BRIE: "But- I mean- I've been eating here for months now. From one restaurant owner to another- I'd say we're friends at this point- wouldn't you?"

MARCEL: "Uhm, who are you?"

She closed her eyes for a moment and her eyebrows slightly furrowed.

BRIE: "The important thing is that I'm able to be trusted. As friends we can feel comfortable-you know- sharing secrets with one another.."

He realizes where she's going with this.

MARCEL: "Not happening."

BRIE: "I'll give you cheddar!"

She holds up a thin, rectangular slab of cheddar cheese that has a "C" carved out from the middle which the rats use as a form of currency.

MARCEL: "No."

BRIE: "Dang it."

She walked back to her table with a disappointed expression and a male rat with a thick black mustache and brown fur questions her hopefully.

DANIEL: "Did you find out their secret?"

BRIE: "No, DANIEL." She barked at him.

The third customer at the table, Maria, speaks up with a quick pace and squeaky voice.

MARIA: "You know, maybe we should stop eating here everyday considering the fact that we're losing cheddar and also neglecting our own restaurant, while still not finding out how the food here tastes like solid gold when ours tastes like like actual garbage. Because that's where we get our food. From the garbage."

BRIE: "Shut up Maria!"

MARIA: "Okay." She looks down at her plate insecurely.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

90.5M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
892K 20.3K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
724K 26.7K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
55.7K 656 8
Lt. Chloe is a furry field commander with a strong distrust toward humans. Her team has other feelings toward humans. Many of them have been saved by...