Favoritism. (mazerunner fanfi...

By newtiepatootiee

You were always their favorite. Mei wakes up in a dark, ascending elevator with no memory of his past, her i... More

Chapter 2: Bonfire
Chapter 3: Maze?
Chapter 4: Trapped
Chapter 5: familiar
Chapter 6: greenie?
Chapter 7: I know you
Chapter 8: The Changing.
Chapter 9: You just got yourself killed.
Chapter 10: Their favourite.
Chapter 11: Its another girl.
Chapter 12: beeping sound
Chapter 13: envy
Chapter 14: competition
Chapter 15: the blades
Chapter 16: stinger
Chapter 17: memories
Chapter 18: Sacrifice.
Chapter 19: Escape
Author's note !

Chapter 1: The Box.

62 3 0
By newtiepatootiee

(A/n: hello!! this will be my first ever fanfic or book, I've been reading a ton of fanfics. I decided to make my own!! I hope you'll enjoy this as much as I will. Have fun! Also, leave some feedback :)

(A/n 2: pls bear through this book, I realized how bad it is.. But my scorch book is even better pls endure the pain. Thank you :)

Her eyes fluttered open, greeted by a chaotic blur of crates filled with fruits, clothing, and even a pig. "What the hell?" Her voice was harsh, laced with confusion rather than fear.

Reality hit her swiftly—she couldn't remember a thing. Words were familiar, but faces were strangers. Panic brewed as she realized she didn't even know her name.

But she didn't have time to think about it as the box abruptly stopped, jolting her upwards, hitting her head on the metal floor.

"Ow, damn it," she muttered, rubbing her head where it throbbed. A warm liquid trickled down her temple, but she brushed it off, focusing on her surroundings.

Light flooded the square room as she looked up to see a group of boys surrounding the edge of an opening above her.

"It's a girl," exclaimed a blond boy with a British accent.

"No way, we've never had a girl before!"
"I call dibs!"
"You can't call dibs first, Ben."
"She's hot."

The comments from above made her back away, clearly frightened.

"Slim it, you lot," the blond boy exclaimed as he jumped down to her. "Hey there, greenie, sorry about them. These shuck-faces won't do anything. If they ever dare, I'll make sure they'll get proper punishment for it." He offered a hand to her.

She slowly reached for his, unsure but needing the support. A rope was tossed down, and the blond boy gestured for her to go first. Hesitant, she stepped into the loop, and as she was pulled up, a dark-skinned boy offered a hand, pulling her up.

"Welcome to the Glade. I'm Alby, the one in charge here. We'll help you get settled in," the blond boy said, now standing beside her. Alby introduced him, "This is Newt. He's in charge when I'm not around."

Newt stuck out his hand for her to shake. "Good thing you're always around, then," he chuckled.

Her mind was spinning, taking in all her surroundings. She saw walls all around and felt a growing sense of panic.

"Wait, why can't I remember anything? Why can't I remember my name? Who are you people, and why am I here?" she cried out, tears welling up in her eyes.

"It's alright, greenie. We've all been through it. Every single one of us. You'll get your name back soon enough. It's the only thing they let us keep," the blond boy said, rubbing her back soothingly.

Her breathing slowed, his presence calming her. Maybe she could trust this boy, she thought to herself.

A guy with strange eyebrows stepped in front of her, smirking. "Day one, greenie, rise and shine," he said, offering her a hand.

She looked at him oddly, staring at his funny-looking face.

"Stop it, Gally, you're creeping her out," Newt said, shooting him a glare. Gally shrugged and walked away.

"Why do you guys keep calling me that?" she asked, dusting herself off the floor.

"Greenie? It's what we call the newbies since they don't remember their name yet," Newt explained with a smile.

"Well, let's get you settled in. After that, we'll have a bonfire in honor of the new greenie," Alby said, patting her head.

After Alby's tour, she was introduced to a boy called Chuck, probably 12 or 13.

He was the one who showed her where she was going to sleep and even prepared her bed or hammock for her. She soon learned that he was the so-called greenie before her.

The kid tried so hard to be everyone's friend, but no one seemed to like him or even pay attention to him. She couldn't help but feel a little sad for him.

"Hey, greenie, do you want to have lunch together?" Chuck asked, seeming happy that he made a new friend.

"Okay, Chuckie," she smiled, grateful for his kindness and hoping to make his day a little brighter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 5.5K 109
After the death of Gwen Stacy, Peter hadn't had the courage to become a hero again. Meanwhile, the Justice League were looking for a more experience...
1.7M 51.9K 52
in which the first girl in the glade runs for her life and bumps into a runner who gives her a nickname.
190K 28.5K 112
"แ€€แ€ปแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บ แ€žแ€ฐแ€ทแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏ แ€œแ€€แ€บแ€‘แ€•แ€บแ€แ€ปแ€„แ€บแ€แ€šแ€บ" "แ€žแ€แ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€–แ€”แ€บ แ€žแ€ฐแ€€ แ€แ€ปแ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€žแ€ฌแ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€’แ€ฏแ€แ€ญแ€š แ€™แ€ปแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€†แ€€แ€บแŠ แ€แ€Šแ€บแ€‘แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€žแ€ฐแ€™แ€ญแ€žแ€ฌแ€ธแ€…แ€ฏแ€›แ€ฒแ€ท แ€แ€แ€ญแ€šแ€™แ€ปแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€†แ€€แ€บ แ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธแ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€ท แ€™แ€ผแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ทแ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€™แ€พแ€ฌ แ€™แ€ผแ€„แ€บแ€ทแ€™แ€ผแ€แ€บแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€€แ€ปแ€ฑ...
931K 31.5K 47
โคทโ˜…๐”ฉ๐”ฆ๐”ค๐”ฅ๐”ฑ๐”ฐ ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐”ฑ "You know, this isn't really how I expected my night to go." "Which part? Me on top of you or me trying to kill your friends?" ...