Magician of Cote

By Soumyadeep02

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka , Demon of 4th generation arrives at ANHS in search of freedom from his past. He will go t... More

About the story
Prologue
Vol 1-Ch-1 The ANHS
Vol 1-Ch 2-The Fortune
Vol 1-Ch-3 The Introduction
Vol-1 Ch-4 The Stalker
Vol-1 Ch-4.5 The Dorms
Vol-1 Ch-4.75 The Keyaki Mall
Vol-1-Ch-5 The childhood friend
Vol-1 Ch-6 The Boys
Vol-1 Ch-7 The Angel from Heaven
Vol-1 Ch-8 The Pledge
Vol-1 Ch-9 The One Stop
Vol-1 Ch-10 The Turn
Vol-1 Ch-11 The Mask
Vol-1 Ch-12 The Best Friend
Vol-1 Ch-13 The Horikitas
Vol-1 Ch-14 The Angels and Demons
Vol-1 Ch-15 The Clown
Vol-1 Ch-16 The Prestige
SS- The Frenemy
SS-The Anomaly
Volume 2 - Prologue
Vol-2 Ch-1 The Date
OAA
Vol-2 Ch-2 The Trap
Vol-2 Ch-3 The Case
Vol-2 Ch-4 The Creep
Vol-2 Ch-5 The Shy One
Vol-2 Ch-6 The Convincer
Vol-2 Ch-7 The Sleight
Vol-2 Ch-8 The Gaff
Vol-2 Ch-9 The Final Stand Part-1
Vol-2 Ch-10 The Final Stand Part-2
Vol-2 Ch-11 The Aftermath
SS-The Genius
SS-The Amusement Park
SS-The Birthday
Volume 3- Prologue
Vol-3 Ch-1 The Cruise
Vol-3 Ch-2 The Surprise
Vol-3 Ch-3 The Rules
Vol-3 Ch-5 The First Day

Vol-3 Ch-4 The Fellowship

684 33 28
By Soumyadeep02

Third Person POV-

"This is the perfect place. Let's settle down here." said the student who was leading the group.

A large group of students, carrying various things came to a stop in a clearing.

"Okay. The water is beautiful, and there's shade that blocks the sunlight. The terrain is level. This might be the ideal place for our base camphere. Amazing, Ike-kun!" the guy named Hirata said.

"Heh heh heh, I know, right?"

The river was about ten meters wide, and the water flowed gently. Deep forests and sandy roads surrounded the river.

"So how do we show that this is ours now?"

The river was pretty wide, and flowed downstream for quite a ways. At first glance, the flat piece of land was surrounded on all sides by the trees.

"A river, a river! What an incredible feeling! And here look! There is some kind of mechanism installed around here! It could be the gadget to get right of possession, or whatever!" cried one of the group member.

The said equipment was installed on an unnaturally placed boulder.

Hirata and his team started setting up the tents and other necessities for camp near the river.

"Oh wow, it's like Ayanokouji-kun predicted that we will find this spot. He is really amazing isn't it?"

The girls started talking amongst themselves about the greatness of a man called Ayanokouji-kun.

"Oh yeah. It's good to just leave everything to Ayanokouji-kun, right?"

But there discussion was abruptly halted due to the argument between Hirata and a guy named Yukimura.

"That's why I'm saying we should just use the toilet that they gave us."

Yukimura glared at the Hirata.

"I've thought it over, and I believe we should install one toilet first," Hirata said forcefully.

"You don't just get to decide. Ayanokouji has the final say in this matter."

"Installing a toilet might be a necessary expense. To begin with, we have one simple toilet that our class, which has forty students, isn't used to. I have to wonder if we can really take turns effectively without any trouble?"

"That's... If we use it well..."

"It's unrealistic. We have to consider the worst-case scenario. If everyone took three minutes to use the restroom, then it would take an hour and a half or more for everyone to go. Can that possibly work?"

"That's pointless. Not everyone would need to use the toilet at the same time. The school provided us with just one toilet because it was realistic. We should be able to effectively take turns, right?"

"I don't think so. From the beginning, I thought using only one toilet would be impossible. If you reason it out, I think it's less about refraining from spending any points, and more that we need to spend our points effectively. You should know that, Yukimura-kun. The other classes have most likely come to the same conclusion."

"That's all just speculation on your part. Besides, if the other classes did install the toilets, we'd be twenty points ahead just by doing without them. So that's precisely why we shouldn't install one."

"You're right about that, but it's unlikely that putting up with a faulty toilet will work out in our favor. It'll add unnecessary stress and anxiety. I'm also worried about sanitation. Objectively, we should install at least one toilet."

"Where is Ayanokouji-kun, it's almost an hour since we left the harbor. If he would have been here, this wouldn't be happening." muttered some of the students of Class C.

At that moment, a noise of honking interrupted the on goings. A cargo truck that barely fit the narrow road came to halt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV-

"Hey guys, well done. This is the perfect spot. All my requirements are met. Good job, Ike. You lead them here."

The class looked like they were participating in a debate. But after I arrived, everyone were focusing on me.

"Hey, you all can unload and start building the camp." I said to the people who came with me in the truck.

At my command, ten grown men came out of the back of the truck. They started unloading a multitude of items.

From several large tents, portable toilets, shower stalls, cartons full of items and many more.

The whole class looked at the scene with shock.

"I want the eight tents in square formation. Then take the large tarpaulin tie it to all the tents in a way that it creates a roof in the middle. But remember to create an opening in the middle, so that the hot air and smoke from the camp fire can escape." I instructed the workers.

"Keep the portable toilets and the shower stalls towards the spot claiming machine. Rest of the stuff, you can pile it up in the middle. We will sort it out."

As the workers started building our camp. I went towards my speechless classmates.

"Ayanokouji, what the heck is all of this?" Yukimura was the first one to speak.

"As you can see, I have brought the stuff we would need for the entire week."

"B-but, this much!"

"Yes, I brought 6 tents, there are 2 that we got as supplementary. So, all total 8 tents. Each tents will have 5 students. I know 8 students is the limit, but who wants to sleep in an overcrowded place. There is 30 sleeping sets which includes cots, blankets, pillows. So feel free to pick one. There is also sleeping bags and hammocks for those who didn't get the set."

As I told them the arrangement, some looked like they wanted to kiss me. Fortunately, most of them were girls. But some looked at me like I had robbed their grandmas.

"Also, there are two toilets. One for boys and one for girls. Similarly, two shower stalls. Now, moving on to the important things. We have the option to cook anything. I brought the complete kitchen set. Grills, ovens, freezers, utensils. So, there is no problem at all."

I said and left to oversee the construction of the camp. Leaving no chance for anyone to say anything.

After the camp was assembled, a group of guys came to me. They looked displeased with these condition of the camp.

"Ayanokouji, can we talk for a moment." Yukimura who was the leader of the group called to me.

"Yes, what is it?" I asked in a cheerful mood.

"Look, we know that you are a good leader. You practically saved our future but I don't think that you should lead in this exam." He said. The others nodded too.

"Well, no can do. I am the class representative. It is my responsibility to take care of my class. This includes this test. Trust me, we will be fine."

"It's not about being fine. This test was our opportunity to get to Class A. But you ruined that. I calculated the amount of the stuff you brought and it summed up to be 224 points. You spent all of it just for some comfort. I don't agree with that."

By this time, a crowd had started to form around us.

"Okay, I get it. You are worried about the class. It's understandable, but getting to Class A is not our only goal. We should enjoy our highschool life too. We literally have three years to reach Class A. Also, you didn't add 8 points for the labour."

"What! But that doesn't mean intentionally throwing away this test. Just because the girls wanted something, you being the simp brought the whole damn manual. We should be saving these points, not burn them to ashes."

"Look, there is no point in arguing now. The theme of this special test is freedom and I want the freedom to enjoy my summer vacation in a island. End of the topic."

Even though, the points that Yukimura said had some truth to it. Still, most of the class agreed with me.

I had a simple mindset, winning by literally working our ass off wasn't enough. If I win, it should be while I was chilling and others were doing my work.

"But, I do have some plans for the test. We are going to occupy some spots. Even if we held onto three or four spots, we would be easily earning 60 to 80 points."

Even though Yukimura wasn't satisfied. It did somewhat change the opinion of his group.

"First of all, the assigned leader for our class for this special test would be Onodera."

The girl in question didn't expect me to choose her.

"Me? Why?" she asked.

"Well, I cannot choose someone who is already in some form of leadership position in our class. That would be too obvious, but we also need the leader to be athletic, so that he/she can travel to all the occupied spots three times a day and they should be responsible for carrying the card. This is the key to our success, if we lose it. It's game over."

I gave her the card which had her name on it.

"Now, to prevent an outsider to figure out our leader. We would always travel in a group of five. Whenever, claiming a spot or renewing the ownership, the same five will surround the machine. Got it?"

Everyone nodded their heads. I proceeded to give further instructions.

"Sodou, Chiaki, Minami and I will be the ones accompanying Onodera. We shall be known as the fellowship of the card." I said, deriving the name from a popular movie that I saw.

"Hey, I got that reference." exclaimed Professor.

"Next, I want a group of people accompanying us to a spot that I found. It has a plantation of corn. We will claim the spot and collect the corn. Another group led by Kushida, search for fruits or vegetables. I have an inkling that such fields are scattered throughout the island but don't wander off too far."

"Hirata, I am leaving you in charge. Do the suitable preparation for a campfire. Send someone to collect some dry sticks. Kei and company, your job is to stock all the food materials properly, they should last seven days. Use the containers, for storing the food in a dry place."

"Professor, your responsibile for the proper lighting and electrical connections of the camp. Connect all the electronic things, like that portable washing machine or the oven and the light bulbs with the generator. But before that follow us to the corn field. I have a job for you."

"Makida, you are specialist in botany. Do a perimeter check and search for any harmful plants. I don't want anyone to get sick of poisoning or something. That will be all."

I finished giving instructions to everyone. All of the Class C dispersed to fulfill their duties. Yukimura's group too, reluctantly followed Hirata's orders. The fellowship of the card assembled near the bicycles that I had bought. Yes, there were bicycles available too.

"Guys, our minimum goal should be acquiring four spots. I already know two places. First we start by claiming our home base. Then we move towards the corn field."

We each chose a bike and took it towards the spot machine. Onodera, did the deed and we had officially gained our first spot.

Then we rode our bikes to the corn field. Although, it took some time as we had to travel slowly for the people following us on foot. The field was on the center of the island, so I wanted to claim it first, before any other class could.

Once we had reached our destination, we saw the size of the corn field. Although, it wasn't too big, but it had enough to feed a class for a week if properly rationed.

"Start collecting the corn from the area farthest from the machine, go column by column. Don't collect randomly, it won't be efficient. Also, don't take all of it. They will be spoiled rotten, we will collect the rest later." I instructed them.

I told them to collect in such a way that half of the field would still have a stock.

"Professor, come with me. We have some work to do. Fellowship, claim the spot."

I took Sotomura for an important task which was a secret. Soon, when the collection of corn was done. We left the area to move towards the next spots.

The people carrying the corn went back to the base.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It was nearly 3 pm when we returned to our base camp. We had a successful run and found out three more spots other than the base camp and the corn field.

First we had followed a trail which led us to the top of the hill. It was located on the North East of our base camp. Even though we has bicycles, it took a lot of effort to ride uphill. After claiming it, we decided to move towards the East Side Beach.

I knew that there were four beaches on the island. Each on one of the direction. Class A who had monopolized the West side of the island would have claimed the West Beach, similarly Class B settling on the North would have claimed the North Beach. And Class D on the South.

But luckily on the way down from the hill, we came across a waterfall. It was another spot. After taking in the scenery, we finally reached the beach and claimed that area too.

I had decided that five spots would be enough for us. Earning a whopping 105 points if maintained properly for a week. It took almost an hour for this whole journey from and back.

On arriving at the camp, I saw a figure that I didn't expect. The silver haired girl was sitting alone, quietly in a camp chair. She had a sad expression on her face.

There was a red, swollen mark on her cheek. Someone had hit her pretty hard. Which genuinely pissed me off. Nobody touches her and gets to see another sunrise.

Before, I could move towards her. Hirata interrupted me.

"Ayanokouji-kun, I am glad you are back. I wanted to talk to you about Shiina-san of Class D. I had sent some of the students to gather some wood and sticks for the camp fire, but on their way back. They came upon her, sitting against a tree, alone. So, they couldn't leave her there and brought her back to the camp."

He continued speaking, while I was going through all the possibilities and reasonings for this happening.

"Apparently there was some dispute between her and her class, so they banished her. Look at her, she is injured. I know that she might be a spy sent by Class D. But we can't just abandon her in the forest. I take all the responsibility, but just let her stay. I request you."

After Hirata finished his rant. I finally spoke.

"Will you let me talk, Hirata? I never disallowed her from remaining in the camp. She is my good friend, I wouldn't do that to her." I said.

Hirata looked visibly relieved. I guess he was ready to fight me on this matter. I moved towards Hiyori, who looked really awkward sitting in this environment.

Everyone were looking at her as a potential enemy, I don't think it's a pleasant feeling.

"Hiyori, what happened to you? Are you okay? Did anybody hurt you? Just tell me the name."

Hearing my voice, Hiyori's mood brightened up. She immediately ran towards me and hugged me tightly.

"Hey, what happened?" I asked softly after a moment of silence.

Everyone had stopped what they were doing and just staring at us, I subtly gave them a sign to just continue with their task and leave us alone. I slowly took Hiyori a little away from the center of the camp.

"It was Ryūen-kun, I didn't agree with his methods, so he told me to leave the camp. I tried to ignore me, so he slapped me." she said.

I wasn't angry on Ryūen when he trapped Sodou into his little trick, I wasn't even annoyed when he falsely accused Ike and Yamauchi. But right now, I was feeling that I haven't felt before, no maybe I did feel it but that was a long time ago.

I was angry maybe and annoyed. Yes, annoyed. No, I was furious at Ryūen for doing such lowly deeds. I knew that he is a guy who would do anything to defeat his opponents but sometimes he doesn't know the limits.

Hiyori was one of the only person, who I wouldn't think of hurting her. Her pure innocence and her mannerisms reminded me of someone. Someone, a long time ago.

No, there is no need to think of that. I didn't feel a thing then, neither do I feel anything now. That's the truth, or is it?

"Hey, it's okay. You can stay with us till this test ends. Think of us as your own class." I told her.

"Mei-chan, would you come here for a moment." I called.

She was helping Kei and her group to sort the kitchen items. She took her leave from there group and came to where we were standing.

"Hiyori, meet Wang Mei-yu. She prefers to be called Mei-chan. Mei meet Shiina Hiyori."

Both of them were shy girls, so it was a little awkward but they shook hands.

"Mei-chan, Hiyori will stay with us for the rest of the exam. So, it's your responsibility to make her feel comfortable."

"M-me! But, Kushida-san would be a better option, she is a lot better at making friends." Mei argued.

"Kikyou has already enough responsibilities, you wouldn't mind helping her, would you?"

'I-I guess, I mean I don't usually talk much, so I apologize in advance if I make you uncomfortable, Shiina-san." she told Hiyori.

"Oh, no. I don't talk much either. Usually, I just like to spend my time reading." Hiyori replied.

"Really, I like reading too. Which is your favorite genre?"

I left both of them to get to know each other better. It's ironic how you start to talk more or interact more with the person who has the same interests as you.

That's why I chose Mei for the job, even though Kikyou is great at making friends. Hiyori would enjoy the company of Mei better.

Once five o'clock arrived, Kushida and her group returned.

While others were unable to, Ike had set up the camp fire. Professor and Kei had completed their duties.

With all of the Class C together, the camp came alive. With the pleasant lighting and the sound system working, it looked more like an outdoor party rather than a survival test.

Sounds of laughter and joy could be heard all around. Even Yukimura, who was opposed to this had started to enjoy. He and the members of the boys group were playing cards near the central campfire. Girls were gossiping about random stuff.

Kikyou and her group were successful in bringing something which looked a lot like tomatoes or maybe cherries.

"Oh hey, this is bog bilberry! Did you find these, Kikyou-chan? That's amazing, y'know!"

Ike came over, checking out the fruit and telling us what was what.

"Kanji-kun, do you know what this is?" Kikyou asked.

"Yeah. It's a fruit, a bog bilberry. I've eaten 'em before when I went camping in the mountains. As you can tell, they look and taste like blueberries. It's the akebia quinata. It's sweet and tasty. Oh wow, this really takes me back, man."

When did he start using terms like akebia quinata? Everyone watched Ike with interest as he smiled, enjoying the nostalgic fruit.

Shinohara bombarded Ike with questions, and he answered her directly.

Azuma, Rino, Ichihashi, Chiaki and Kikyou got started on making dinner. They were the only one who knew how to cook. The boys too helped a little bit, preparing salads and stuff.

They were also giving us lessons on how to cook the recipes.

We were having Soba Noodles with Cod Fish with some Grilled Kebabs. The smell was mouthwatering.

"By the way... That girl, Shiina-san from Class D? I've seen her before."

Satou, who had finally noticed Hiyori, eyed her with suspicion. Hiyori continued to chat with Mei, who was quite talkative today.

"Well, it sounds like there's been some kind of trouble in her class..."

Yamauchi, who I came to know was the person who found Hiyori, explained why Hiyori seemed to have been isolated from her classmates.

"I see. Your judgment was correct. We can't just leave her."

"But, Ayanokouji-kun... Couldn't she be a spy? I mean, if she can spot the leader..." Ike asked, hands over his head for attention. He was really popping off with his intellect in this test. The Ike, I knew would have tried to ask her breasts size.

I stood up from my chair, gaining everyone's attention.

"Everybody, there's an important announcement. You may have noticed that Shiina Hiyori of Class D is present in our camp. Due to some disagreement between her and Class D students, she'll would continue to remain here for the rest of the exam." I announced.

"Anyone who thinks she is a spy, don't. She is a good friend of mine. I expect you all to treat her as one of our own classmate."

I sat down again and resumed eating dinner. It really was a good idea to not buy the meal sets. Freshly made food tastes much better and we also saved ourselves from the cutthroat price of 20 points per each set of meal.

"Wow, when you look at them like this, the girls' groups are kind of remarkable."

Yamauchi, in the middle of eating, pointed to each group individually.

"There's the Empress Team, led by Karuizawa. Then there's Kushida chan's Friendship Team, Shinohara's Arrogant Team and finally Horikita's unknown team."

All of the guys huddled relatively close together as they ate, even the idiot company had joined the boys group, but the girls sat in their individual teams. There was a clear wall between them, like they were groups from other classes.

Maybe Kushida's team was the most neutral of all of them, or just held a lot of influence. Horikita's group was the most isolated, her group had all the people who were mostly unknown, they didn't talk to rest of the class, much like Horikita herself.

"Poor Sakura, she had to sit with Horikita. I wonder if I should eat with her," Yamauchi said.

It was true, since the day at the amusement park. Sakura has been seen with Horikita's group.

"You're probably better off giving up, don't you think? You'd just scare her."

"Damn. I want to get to know her better, but she's way too introverted..."

Even though she had changed a lot, Sakura probably still found it difficult to deal with pushy types like Yamauchi.

Despite being warned, Yamauchi seemed impatient to go over to her.

"What the hell, Haruki? That's no fair, stalking a lone beautiful woman like that. Come on, let me join in!"

Ah, there's the Ike we all know.

Ike, seeing Yamauchi's glances, misunderstood and approached him.

"I have to say, Sakura's breasts are really something else. You don't often see breasts that big on a first-year high school student. Her clothes are just bulging. She's way too sexy. Her boobs alone make her even more attractive than Kikyou-chan."

Ike stared intently at Sakura's breasts, like he wanted to devour them.Yamauchi blocked Ike's line of sight.

"Hey, what the hell, dude?"

"Don't just look at Sakura like a pervert. Besides, you're aiming for Kushida-san, aren't you?"

"Well, yeah. But it's all right, isn't it? I mean, an idol belongs to everyone, right? Haruki, could you be... Ooh, are you Sakura's-"

"I-It's not like that. Come on, let's eat."

Apparently Yamauchi wanted to hide the fact that he was changing targets and going after Sakura.

"Mind I remind you of what happened last time you were being perverts?" I warned both of them. Even though they had stopped being perverts in public, they would still talk about such things when there is no girl around.

"Hey, we aren't being perverts. Besides, it is night, with nothing left to do. It is only natural that the flow of the conversation would lead to girls." protested Ike.

"Come to think of it, where's Kouenji-kun? We haven't seen him since the test started."

Everyone had gathered for the attendance, but it looked like Kouenji was absent.

"Oh, Kouenji complained about being in poor physical condition and returned to the ship. Of course, that means that you've had thirty points deducted. Those are the rules, so there's nothing to be done. Kouenji has retired, and he's obligated to stay onboard the ship for one week for medical treatment," said Chabashira-sensei.

Hmm....

"Whaaaaat?!"

Screams sounded throughout the night.

"Oh, you've gotta be kidding me! Kouenji, you jerk! What the hell were you thinking?!"

The normally silent Yukimura shouted and kicked the ground. I knew Kouenji was a free spirit, but I never imagined he would just up and retire.

Maybe he didn't care about reaching Class A. If it made his life easier, losing thirty points didn't matter at all.

"Goddamn it! We lost thirty points! This sucks!"

"Ayanokouji-kun, what should we do?"

"There's nothing to be done. Kouenji went back, we lost thirty points. The only thing we can do is make the best of the time we spend on the island."

It was a feeble attempt at comforting the crowd. Most of them were unsatisfied by my answer, but I wasn't going to waste my time on this.

Both the boys and girls were furious over Kouenji's actions, but could do nothing about it. Kouenji's loud, haughty laughter reverberated in our minds.

______________________________________

This one was a major chapter. The exam has begin and so have Ayanokouji's planning.

I can guarantee that nobody has seen the result of an island exam this crazy anywhere, it's awesome.

I have added some bits to Ayanokouji's character, if you read the chapter you would notice it.

If anybody doesn't like it, I am really sorry but this is my take. I want this to be different from the LN.

Even though I am not releasing the list of things Ayanokouji bought, just imagine any kind of comfort you can have while camping, he brought it.

Also, keep in mind he spent 232 points on the stuff till now. And Kouenji retired so Class C's total stands at 38 points.

Anyways that's all for now.

Have a wonderful day

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 182 8
A seemingly normal school boy, Kazuki Hikaru, enrolled into Japan's best and most prestigious school, Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School. A...
1.9K 109 3
A story centered around both Ayanokoji and Kushida. Other characters will play key roles but to clear one thing up these are the two protagonists in...
4.2K 198 13
Let's just say, I am going full sadist here. Lucifers are the titles given to the strongest of their generation, from the first gen to the fifth gen...
962 41 3
A new arrival has come to the Advanced Nurturing High School. He bears a mysterious past, and unclear motives. Unbeknownst to his peers, whom he will...