MULAQATAIN

By Muznamalik18

Two individuals with voices that struck on the hearts of everyone that listens. What has destiny planned for... More

Prologue
Character Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 5

146 12 62
By Muznamalik18

Umeed, Mehmal and Behram roamed around the roads of Nathia Gali eating delicacies, buying souvenirs, taking lots of photos, making memories teasing each other looking at the types of tourists there and silently whispering their thoughts about them in one another's ears while giggling. That's how their evening went. At night they came back to the hotel exhausted by the activities of the day. Changing and getting into comfortable clothes they slept immediately as soon as they laid down on the bed.

In the morning Mehmal was the first one to wake up due to all the excitement she was in. That's why she started knocking on the other two people's doors asking them to get up and get ready as the breakfast will get finished and they won't get much to eat as this is what happens in the hotel buffet system.

Umeed got up on Mehmal's first knock as she isn't a deep sleeper because of her past experiences. Groaning and checking the time she got up and changed into a T shirt and a pair of jeans. Tying her hair up in a high ponytail she went outside to see Mehmal banging her fist on Behram's door as that person doesn't wake up easily. Leaving her at it she called Behram as she knew that he should be sleeping like a log and after the exhaustion last night he must have forgotten to put his phone on silent.

Smirking deviously she kept the phone near her ear waiting for him to pick up. After some time the ringing stopped and the call was picked up. Hearing this Mehmal stopped knocking and came near Umeed. Behram's sleepy voice was heard then

"Kia museebat hy tum donon ko subah subah aa gai ho meri neend haram karne"

Mahi spoke

"Museebat to ab hogi agar tum 2 minute mein tayar ho k neeche nhi pohanche. Kionke mein or Umeed tumhare liay naashte ka aik niwala nhi bachain gy"

And before he could say anything Mehmal cut the phone grabbed Umeed's hand and went downstairs. Taking breakfast for them and Behram too because no matter what they both love that clumsy person.
Finding an empty table they sat there waiting for Behram to come and in a minute or two Behram came downstairs breathing heavily referring to him running down the stairs and Umeed signalled him to come he saw her and came to sit besides Umeed because he doesn't want to get murdered by the dearest Mahi who is nothing but a Hitler when she's angry and right now her brain is on fire.

Silently eating breakfast was getting on Umeed's nerves so she spoke up.

"Ye tum donon murdon ki tarah chup bethe raho gy to mein uth k ja rhi hun yahan sy."

And she tried getting up from her chair but was stopped with both of her friends' hands on one of hers.

"Acha I'm sorry"

They both spoke in unison and then they all looked at one another and burst into laughter. After laughing for a couple of minutes a talking and talking for the rest of breakfast they got up smiling and all ready for their day today as they were going back to Islamabad tonight and about the little banter that's unavoidable in any relationship but handling it is what matters more, their fights are always like this ended in half an hour tops.

************************************

First morning in his own house and Farjaad was already done, he slept late last night as he was busy in music and whenever this happens he doesn't realize when the time passes. That's what happened but just when he went  to sleep after offering fajar it was hardly half an hour when his phone rang. Wanting to slam it on the nearest wall he picked it up and it was Rishael telling him that he had to attend some meeting and he's going to Dubai today but as his mom will be alone so he's taking her with him and that now he had to complete the rest of the setting himself and then his mother took the phone from him asking Farjaad to take it slow and first complete the easy tasks and that when they'll be back they'll do it together. Smiling he assured her that he'll be ok and that he can take care of himself and that he was ok in abroad as well these years. She said that she is the mom and he needs to listen and act only. Shaking his head and smiling he said

"Acha meri pyari maa jo aap kahein gi wesa he hoga"

After getting off from the call he decided to take some sleep but sleep was miles away now. Giving up he went to the kitchen to make some breakfast and realized that he hasn't done the grocery yet and that the fridge is empty. Groaning he picked up his car keys and decided to do some grocery. When he reached the mart he realized that he isn't aware of the things which are a better option and sustainable. He couldn't now call Rishael and ask maa about it as they must be in the plane right now. Giving up the grocery idea he decided to get some breakfast, go home, eat and then sleep.

Buying the breakfast from a nearby café he went back home and made a cup of hot chocolate. Sipping it with the croissant he enjoyed the breakfast to his fullest and slept for an hour or two. But he woke up from the sound of rain which was splashing on the glass window of his room. It was a thunderstorm and he wasn't a big fan of heavy rain accompanied by deafening sound of thunder and flashes of lightening. Sweat started to form on his forehead and his breaths started getting heavier.

"No Farjaad no you can't have a panic attack right now. Stay calm, take deep breaths, close your eyes and think happy thoughts. Distract yourself."
He thought and tried to calm himself down. Picking up his earpods he put on a song and closed his eyes turning the music on pulling the covers on himself after sometime he dozed off again while it kept pouring.

************************************

When the trio started to go to some places and walk there, nature had other plans for them. As they were climbing up a hill for a better view it started pouring. Getting startled they quickly got down and started finding a cover. Behram spotted an old canopy made up of wood which used to be a place for tourists to rake a break and enjoy the view. Going underneath it they started waiting for the rain to stop so that they can go back to the hotel.
When the intensity of the rain lessened Umeed asked them
"Chalo jaldi karein hotel chalte hein is sy pehle baarish phir sy taiz hojae or hamein wapis ghar bhi jana hy"

The other two agreed to her and they went back to the hotel all drenched and wet from the rain. Getting into their rooms they quickly changed into dry clothes and packed their bags up as they need to head back to Islamabad before the rain gets heavier and the road get blocked as it is a possibility during this type of weather as land slides are common.

Getting into their car Umeed told them that she'll drive so she took the steering wheel while Behram sat beside her on the passenger seat. Mahi sat in the back. This weather was not ideal to drive through those hilly roads with multiple sharp turns and steepy edges. All three of them were slightly tensed but were trying to play it cool for the others. Umeed started driving her speed slow and careful, Behram was observing the surroundings completely indulged in it. While Mehmal was silently praying and reciting all the duas with her eyes closed.

After almost 2 hours they reached the highway and all three of them let out a collective sigh of relief and some of the tension went away but the rain got heavier now. Umeed asked the other two to stay at her place tonight as it's the most nearest one and she can't risk letting them go alone in this weather. Mehmal agreed quickly and Behram tried to say something but one glare from Mehmal and he shut his mouth.

************************************

When Farjaad woke up it was still raining but the thunder and lightening was stopped. Sighing he took his aching head in his hands and sat on the bed. After some time he got up and walked towards the kitchen to drink some water and then checked his phone which was full of multiple missed calls from Rishael. He must have called him to inform that they've reached. Rubbing his temples with both his fingers he called him back and he picked up in one ring only

"Kameene insaan phone kion nhi utha raha tha. Kab sy calls kar raha hun yahan jaan nikal rahi hy meri. Do hazaar baar phone kar chuka hun or teri wajah sy apni meeting bhi cancel kardi. Kuch bol kion nhi raha, mun sy kuch baq saale"

He was worried about him. And whenever Rishael Ahmed gets worried he keeps blabbering and is always on his toes. Business doesn't worried him, it's the loved ones he fears to lose. His father died in a car accident and he was 4 years old only. He still remembers the way his mother kept on crying and lots of people came to their home crying and hugging him while consoling his mom. Since that day he fears to lose anyone he loves. Farjaad cut him off

"Bus bus agh theek hun mein"

He hardly spoke and Rishael spoke again

"Farjaad? Meri baat sun tu theek hy na awaaz ko kia hua hy teri?"

"Theek hun mein bus yahan baarish ho rhi hy"

"Oh shit. Are you ok? Do you need me to call Uncle Naveed to get there and check you up?"

"Nhi nhi I'm ok bus sir mein dard hy painkiller le lun ga tu tension na ly I'm alright or haan maa ko mat batana khwamkhwa pareshan hojain gi"

"Acha theek hy khayal rakhna apna hum kal raat tak aa jain gy"

"Hm ok Allah Hafiz"

"Khuda Hafiz"

And he cut the call. Uncle Naveed was Rishael's father's best friend and family doctor who always helps them when needed.

************************************

Parking the car in her garage Umeed looked at the other two who were now sleeping. Behram had his head rested against the window of his door while Mahi was just sprawled on the back seat completely. She smiled looking at them and then an idea struck her mind and she smiled like a naughty toddler who's up to something. Then she suddenly screamed

"UTH JAAAAAAAO hum pohanch gae hein"

Both of them flinched and Umeed laughed her lungs out before getting out of the car sticking her tongue out to them who were now wide awake their hearts racing and looking at her with an intention to strangle her. Umeed ran inside the house and into her room in an attempt to escape from those two. While both of them got off taking their stuff out from the car and went inside to freshen up.

************************************

Somewhere in the suburbs in the province of Sindh a man in his late fifties who was sitting on a chair, dressed in an expensive suit his grey hair styled up neatly and a pair of glasses resting on the bridge of his nose. He had his phone in his hand with a picture opened. He kept looking at the picture and finally spoke,

"Finally I found you my dear"

************************************

Mehmal slept in Umeed's room while Behram slept in the guest room. Umeed made dinner for both of them while both of them sat on the couches in the living room watching a movie. After having dinner they went to sleep wasted by the events happened today.

Meanwhile, in the house across Farjaad's bedroom light was on sleep not anyway near him and he was reading a book. Looking through his window he saw that the porch light of the house infront is turned on after two days. He thought

"So they are back home. I wonder who lives there or pata nhi kis mizaaj k hon"

Putting the book on the night stand he picked up his phone and dropped a text to his manager.

"I'm joining from tomorrow have a track in my mind. Arrange a female singer male part mein khud gaon ga. This is important for me. I'll reveal myself with this."

And with that he put his phone back and tried to get some sleep.

************************************

Umeed came back to her room seeing Mehmal sleeping soundly on her bed she smiled and did her skincare routine. Before picking up her phone she walked towards the balcony of her room which was facing the balcony of Farjaad's room she saw the light turn off and wondered who was the new neighbour of hers.

After some time her phone pinged with a notification, opening her phone up she saw a message from the Salman, the guys who manages all the singers and song writers. The message read

"10 a.m. tomorrow. Sharp. I have someone you have to meet"

Smiling meekly she replied an ok and went back inside. Getting into the bed she pulled the duvet up turned the lamps off and went back to sleep.

************************************

Rishael was engrossed in his laptop going through the resumes of the people who applied for the position of his secretary. After some hours of reading every resume he shortlisted some people and asked the HR department to send them an email to have their interviews scheduled on Tuesday morning 9 a.m. sharp and that he'll conduct the interview himself as he'll be back on Tuesday.

______________________________________

Here you go guys. Eidi for you people from my side 🤭🤭. Eid Mubarak from me to you. I hope you have a lovely time. Drop some comments and vote.

Which was your favourite scene?
What do you think will happen now?
Who is that old man? What is he up to?

Drop your thoughts and theories I'll be waiting happy reading.
Much love 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32K 878 29
She never thought that her first crush will one day become her husband.Though he didn't have any idea about her crush thing nor was he happy to marry...
17.9K 1.4K 30
Farjaad Khan. Umeed Pasha. One knows how to organize substantial events, the other knows how to arrange a magnificent wedding. He knows capacity calc...
9K 723 24
Enemies to Lovers🫶 But What if fire meets fire?? Another Farmeed plot with the same cast..