Apocalyptic Beast Infection

By LegitFurry

Arc: Intermission ✔ Diversity (Ongoing) ─────────────────────── WARNING: -Gore -Strong Word ────────────────... More

[1]: The Roaring Terror
[2]: A Helping Hand or... Paw?
[3]: Search For The 'Flag'
[4]: Bloodshed
[5]: Bloody Past
[6]: Lycanthropy
[7]: Adapt
[8]: Outrunning an Old Friend
[9]: A Swordman's Way
[𝟷0]: 𝚆𝚘𝚕𝚏'𝚜 𝙲𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍
[𝟷𝟷]: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚆𝚊𝚢
[𝟷𝟸]: 𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚎 𝚂𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙
[𝟷𝟹]: 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚂𝚒𝚍𝚎
[𝟷𝟺]: 𝚁𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚁𝚎𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚗
[𝟷𝟻]: 𝙵𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚣𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎
[16]: 𝙰 𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚙 𝙲𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚛
[17]: 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚕 𝙰𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚔
[18]: 𝙱𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚣𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙲𝚘𝚘𝚕s 𝙳𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚊 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝙱𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎
[20]: 𝚃𝚎𝚛𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗
[EX-0]: "The Divine Sign"

[19]: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙾𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚍𝚎

12 1 0
By LegitFurry

───────────────────────
Rouna City

AntiBeast Facilities
───────────────────────

"There, better as ever?" Dr. Rights sighed as she finish her job on rebuilding Orion's arm. Her face does not look like one that loves her job...

Orion sways his arm all around, testing it a bit before he nods in approval. Dr. Rights give out an irritated gaze as Orion didn't even say thanks...

"No thank you or anything?" Dr. Right mutters before crossing her arm, Orion took some time to drink a glass a water before he looks at Dr. Rights with an unhappy look. "Thanks..." He finally said the word, though it didn't make those rough look on the doctor's face fades.

"Yeah, I should have be staying quiet, you're bad at it..." Dr. Right grumbles out before starting her steps out of the room. Pushing out a combination of number on the keypad on the wall, the metalic door slides open along with Orion's annoyed growl erupting out after hearing the doctor's word.

"Im a killing machine, not a service animal. Kindness is not my thing." Orion defend himself, knowing his only job here well. He already know that he's a lucky one to be put under Akari's wing, if not, he would be one mutt whining for help.

The doctor stopped her steps, briefly thinking about Orion's word before sliding him a glance. "Even Edward did not teach you some manners?" Dr. Right spat out those words with stoic expression, causing the ears of Orion to be pulled back by all the frustration he have.

The doctor sighed, "Well after all the time, I realize that you are not unleashing your max potential. You need to practice."  She stated, her eyes is all towards one black haired figure that just stepped into the room. "Captain Schmidt will be helping you with that." She adds her brief explanation before continuing her steps out of the room.

With Dr. Rights gone, Orion is left with this black haired man... He have heard some about this man, Captain Karl Schmidt, one crazy guy that set his place on the second place as a person that have wiped out the most beast.

He have heard about him trying to chase out on Akari's place, who have wiped over forty thousand beast that have now become one with the wasteland dust.

"You're the mutt?" Karl bluntly spat out those word as he fold his arm together in front of his chest, causing Orion's ears to be pulled back in irritation. "And you're the bastard?" Orion finally gain the bravery to spat the insult back.

Karl just stood there with a gaze that is filled with nothing but interest, the captain finally fall into a chuckle as a curve of smirk form on his lips. "Well not a second and I like you already... Bravery is one thing some people find hard to gain." Karl chuckles as he unfold his arm back before he swings back to the side.

The captain's gaze flies around to eyes Orion's condition up and down, Orion took the brief pause to sip the glass of water he had. "So, you good? If you are, we could go out on the training room now." The captain asked, seemed to not be wanting any second wasted.

Orion blows out an air of irritation before he nods, the captain chuckles before he takes a slow step out of the room as he turn heels. "I'll be out on the training room if you are looking for me... Or at least if that crazy doctor told you to find me..." Karl calmly spoke as he push out the same combination of numbers to slide the door open.

After a brief moment of staring into each other's tense gaze, Karl finally took his leave with his feet stepping out of the room along with the metallic door sliding close again.

Orion stares blankly at the metalic door, some more training? Is he doing something wrong? All his thoughts are wrestling together with the result of anxiety rushing through his thoughts.

No wind nor voice comes by his room until the metalic door slides open, startling Orion to adjust his sitting position to be more upright, though all those effort are payed with bit of irritation as he realize it was one of the nurse coming in for him.

The nurse smiles at Orion, though he can acknowledge the feeling of fear behind those bright face. "Don't worry, Im not in any shape to hurt anyone..." Orion mutters out a reassuring sentence, causing the nurse's body posture to get loosen down.

"Sorry..." The nurse apologize as Orion discovers that those smiles aren't the true smile of her. Her gaze sways from Orion's left hand to the empty glass of water.

"Would you like me to refill this for yours?" The nurse asked as she grabbed the glass of water, Orion's gaze stays at her for a brief three second before he nods.

Orion blows out a sigh after sensing that he will be alone again after the nurse take her leave with her slow steps now coming at the metalic door.

Before the metalic door slides fully open, Orion shouted out a "Hey.", causing the nurse to turn her gaze at him. Orion think briefly about what words he should spoke out, before he grumbles, "Maybe fill that glass with tea instead..."

───────────────────────

Rouna City

???

───────────────────────

Hour after hour, dusk finally arrive at the end of the horizon. Darkness start to crawl into the skies.

Along with the wicked action of Rouna's sprouting as if it was a parasitic plants...

SPLAT—The blood gush out of the brunette's man chest, draining his life slowly as the blade was kept in the man's chest.

"I swear I have no idea who Santoso is..." The brunette spat out his last word before the blade is pulled all out, allowing his death to flow out much faster with his body falling back to a rough death.

"Blakie Blake... I told you, no ordinary person would know the presence of that man." A figure on the shadow walks out to the light as he spokes, his hand shuffling around a handful amount of card.

The other figure—Blake—turned to the light, revealing his appearance of a man in a neat wolfcut as his hairstyle and a dark techwear jacket and pants. "Then how am I going to deliver this intels I have inquire? I cannot be collecting them for no reason." Blake grunts in frutration. "And I don't go by Blakie..." He adds before averting his gaze to the countless cadaver on the dark alleyway behind him.

The figure on the shadow of he building laughs in amusement before he finally jumps out of the shade with his arms wrapped around Blake's neck, revealing his classic undercutted coal gray hair and casual white T-Shirt with an unbuttoned jacket ontop of it, and of course a pair of trousers to cover his bottom part of his body.

The figure laughs around the quiet alleyway but Blake didn't buy it. "But come on! Blake and Blakie is such a good nickname, loosen up will you?" The figure continues to laugh before Blake shove the figure's arms off his neck. "Well easy now..." The figure's laughs turn into a small chuckle before it stops, "You know Im the jack after all, right?" He adds, smiling as he pulls out a card of his deck.

A jack...

...

Is this man's serious?

"Guide me already, Im bored watching you to stand there." Blake spat out the words harshly, causing the figure's smile to shrink. "An impatient one huh? Fine..." The figure blows out a sigh as he start to walk out of the alleyway.

"And clean your hands first." The figure stated, it may be dark but he can see those crimson red of blood on Blake's hand. "With what?" Blake reasons until a bottle of water flown and landed a strike to his face.

Blake stares at the figure with irritated expression, "That's quite rude from someone who considered himself a 'Jack'." He blows out an air of irritation out of his lung along with his statement—which caused the figure to laugh quietly.

"Well now look who's talking? Be quick, I'll be out on the light." The figure chuckles before he start his steps out to the end of the alleyway, leaving Blake alone on the alley as he washes the blood off his hand with the rush of cold water from the bottle.

Well... One bottle does the job, his hand is all clean now, and of course wet... Blake threw the bottle to the corner before continue to follow the mysterious figure's step.

The lights is blinding for a while but after a couple of blinking, Blake's eyes adjusted to the lights and now he sees all the people walking around the streets with laughs and chat all around.

He cannot spit out lies this time, the buildings here are built well with some casino and store built a little bigger than the average store that have been built around the other states.

A wave of cough startled Blake out of his impressed state, causing him to slides his gaze to his side to see the figure leaning to the wall with his hand skillfully shuffling the deck of card on his hand.

He kept shuffling the deck of card, tossing it in the air before catching them with his index and middle finger to put them all back together. "So... You done checking out all the stuff here?" The figure asked with a smile as he put the deck of card back to his pocket.

"Geez... This is definitely not Terra State... Where are we?" Blake stated out, feeling confused but he was paid by a wave of laughter coming from the figure. "Well I did told you that no one know about Santoso but you did not believe me that you chase everyone until here..." The figure stated, Blake huffed, the statement wasn't wrong though...

"And only some people know them and most of it are from the AntiBeast." The figure adds as he start his steps on the road with the lights turning red, causing the wave of car to came to a stop. "Follow me, lets rest a bit." The figure smiles as he walks up the zebracross with Blake following his step behind him.

They both eventually walk up to a bar with the figure's guidance, one place that Blake did not expect to be in. "Are you serious?" Blake complain but the only reply was a quiet chuckle. "Well I did say that Im resting for a bit..." The figure defend himself.

The figure walks up to the bar counter with a bright smile as he cheers up. "Ay! Maxxy my man!" The figure laughed as he meets up with the bartender that also paid his laugh with a chuckle. "Shade! 'Been a while since you got here! Take a seat! And... He's?" The bartender chuckles out a response to the warm entrance of the figure—that is seems to have a name, or an undercover name of Shade.

Shade nods before taking a seat on the bar stool followed by Blake sitting beside him. "Well, lets just say... A 'friend'." Shade chuckled as he bumps his palm on Blake's shoulder playfully. "The name's Blake..." Blake eventually introduce himself roughly, causing the bartender's warm gaze to fade for a bit before he nods in understanding.

"Well Im Max, so what would you two like for drinks?" The bartender give out a warm introduction before asking the question. "Well I would like the usual cocktail, meh you know me right?" Shade give out his order with a small laugh, he slides a glance over Blake rising his eyebrows along with a gentle nudge of his elbow.

Blake groans out of frustration. "I just want to get home again... This place feels hot... But well... I'll just take the same thing he ordered." Blake stated, causing Shade to smile and chuckles.

"Well maybe you wanted some of the information alone?" Shade offers out an information, causing all the attention of Blake's eyes to turn fully on him.

"Not any person could know about Santoso, not even the rainforest district's resident. If you wanted to know anything about him, I suggest meeting the AntiBeast, but... They aren't friendly though..." Shade calmly spoke out the information briefly, his eyes lingering at the golden liquid on the glass Max place on the counter.

"Thanks Max! And yeah, AntiBeast force are quite the opposite of friendly..." Shade's face brighten as he spoke those word with his hand lifting the glass of cocktail up. "But knowing how you are, you'll beat them before even speaking one word." Shade chuckles before taking a sip on his glass of alcohol.

Blake's gaze went blank for a second... AntiBeast are one huge army, would be a risk to attempt on putting them down.

But hey!

That may worth a 𝚝𝚛𝚢

───────To Be Continued───────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 129 24
It was the year 2030 and humanity is at its breaking point for the humans but rising for the so call "furrys" that are slowly starting to dominate th...
42.4K 669 48
A war between humans and Furries broke out between them over discrimination and racism that the humans gave to the furs. 20 years of war led humans c...
1.8K 71 10
Everyone always thought that the war would stay far from home, that our mighty, navy, air force, and army would keep them far away, the war was just...
28.6K 874 38
A pilot with a dark past finally dies . Or does he ? Finding himself in a different dimension hes torn between past and present . But will his cold p...