Lost and Found... Our Love

By Jijivissha

Raasya Kapoor and Adhyant Khurana had always been total opposites. While she was the most popular girl in the... More

One
Two
Three
Five
Six

Four

10 2 1
By Jijivissha

As soon as Raasya got home, she called Dia to share her excitement. "He has changed so much." Dia said.

"I know and in a good way. I mean did you look at him!"

"I did. Deadly looks. Seems like someone is attracted."

"I can't really say that. He is handsome, yes but I guess its just superficial for now."

"Okay. Whatever you say. Did you get a saree for tomorrow?"

"Crap! I completely forgot about it. Dia, I'll talk to you later. Bye." Raasya hurried downstairs and found her parents sitting in the living room, "Mamma, I don't have any saree for tomorrow!" Vandana looked at Abhinav with an expression of I told you so. "What are you both eye talking about?"

"You mother was just saying that the entire day has passed and you did not remember about your saree and you'll panic at the very last moment." Abhinav told her

"And I was right." Vandana said.

"So, how will you help me now Mamma, because I really need your help."

"Don't worry. I've already asked Deepa to bring some of her sarees. You can choose from them." Raasya immediately hugged Vandana, "You really are the best. Have I told you that before?"

"A million times, yes."

"Because I love you. I'll freshen up and join you guys for dinner then."

"Don't be late Raasya, we've got guests coming over." Vandana yelled as Raasya went to her room. She chose a plain white chickenkari kurta, pairing it with black salwar, a pair of polki jhumkas and let her hair loose. She heard the doorbell ring and gave herself a final look in the mirror before descending down. She saw everyone already seated, but Adhyant couldn't be seen anywhere. 

"Raasya," Deepa called out, "Here are your sarees."

"Thank you so much Deepa Aunty. You literally saved me at the last moment."

"No problem beta."

"Raasya,by the time food gets ready, please make tea for us." Vandana said. 

"Sure." Raasya went to the kitchen and while her mind still wondered about Adhyant, she placed the water and milk mixture on the stove. As she waited for the mixture to boil, she heard footsteps approaching behind her, "Hey!" she heard a familiar voice and turned around to fing Adhyant standing with two carrybags in his hands "I came bearing dessert."

Raasya took the bags from him and sniffed in, "Gulab jamun!"

"Its the safest option. Everyone likes it." He settled on the kitchen slab next to the stove inhaling the delicious smell of brewing tea, "I really missed this intoxicating aroma of tea leaves blinding with all the spices. Its mesmerizing. Can I have it in a big mug, please?"

"Sure." She opened the cabinet above her which displayed cups and mugs of all sizes, "Take your pick."

Adhyant picked up the pink mug with Barbie printed on it, "You still have it!"

Raasya smiled looking at the mug, "I do. The most child like present I got on my eighteenth birthday."

"Well, I thought Barbie was practically immortal for girls, irrespective of their age. So, I got this for you."

"It was cute."

"I'll have my tea in this."

Raasya looked at him with questioning eyes, "Are you sure? Even Rayna won't have this."

"I gave it to you. I too own some rights to it." 

Raasya smiled and poured his tea in it, "As you wish!"

"Oh and Raasya, you look good. Indian wear really suits you."

"Thank you. Now lets get take this tea party outside. The gathering outside don't really like their tea cold."  

While Raasya fished for snacks, Adhyant's eyes fell ona few Haldiram packets, "Raasya, would you mind if I have one of these packets entirely by myself?"

"Sure. No problem. Which one do you want?"

"I'll get it myself. You take all these servings outside. I'll be right behind you."

While Raasya served tea to everyne, Adhyant walked in with a whole treat of his own and settled beside Deepa, "Adhi, will you ask someone else if they'd like some of your snack?"

"No. I asked Raasya if I could have it all and she said yes."

"Let it be Deepa, "Vandana said, "We're all family here. No formalities please."

"Raasya, will you show me around? Rayna was telling me that you've made some changes to the house." Adhyant said.

"Sure. We can do that after you're done with your tea."

"I'm done. Show me around." Raasya took him to the first floor and showed him the paintings ahe had made on the walls and the little bonsais she had placed on the window panes. "This is our version of Wall of fame." Raasya said showing him the framed certificates and degrees and photos with captions under them. Adhyant noticed the class photograph from their school also hung up on the same wall, "That's quite some work you've done."

"Well, I thought that I should first use my skill at home and then take it up a notch. Come, let me show you my room."

When Adhyant entered her room, he noticed that it had changed completely. It had a big, woodden dressing placed right nixt to the entrance, decked with a stash of nail paints and a jewellery stand. Right next to it on the big wall was a picture collage with an R in cursive placed in the middle surrounded by Raasya's pictures from school, college and all the trips and special events with her family and friends, bordered with fairy lights. Her wardrobe stood next to the washroom door with a sticker of her name in calligraphy. A display board with a small bookshelf beneath it was kept near the opening of the balcony and on the other wall next to the balcony was a wall sticker the Eiffel Tower in silhouette. "Wow. This is amazing Raasya. Its nothing like what I remember from years back."

"Well, that room was good for someone who studied and had a lot of books. I redesigned it when I began college." Raasya replied. 

"You always said that you wanted to design your room yourself and you did it." He noticed a huge picture of her right above her bed where she wore a yellow dress anf laughed looking right into the camera, "Although you haven't chnaged much. Your smile is still the same."

"Well, I can't say the same about you. You've changed alot."

"I guess change was required. I was alwyas the quite, shy kid. I talk and interact more now."

"And I'm really glad for that. Well, dinner must be ready. Lets go before you dont get anything to eat."

"Sure. So, those were all the changes."

"Yes, for now. Didn't make any changes to Mamma and Papa's room. I changes the older couch in the living room with the Mexican one along with the coffee table and changed the back splash in the kitchen."

"Well its really good work. I might call you someday to work on my room."

"It'll be my pleasure." As they came down, they were greeted by the aroma of the dishes that laid beautifully on the dining table. Adhyant took a set next to his father and devoured the Indian food he had been craving for all those years. 

After dinner, Adhyant went to Raasya's room to give her the sarees that Deepa had brought for her. He found her rummaging through her wardrobe and ightly knocked on the door. 

"Adhyant! I was just coming down."

"Mom asked me to give you this." He said handing her the bag.

"Thank you so much."

"So, Abhinav Uncle told me its your convocation tomorrow. Big day!"

"It is. I just have to decide what saree I'll wear tomorrow."

"I can help you with that. I am biased for some of Mom's sarees and I'm sure they'll look on you too."

"Well, which one of these is your favurite?" Raasya sked him.

Adhyant pulled out a plain black saree with a printed grey border on it, "This one."

"This does look pretty. I, on the other hand like this one," she pulled out a blue saree with leaves and branches printed on it.

"This looks good too. You should wear what you like. Its your day after all."

"I guess I'll keep them both in consideration. So, will you be joining Tarun Uncle and Deepa Aunty for my convocation tomorrow?"

The look on Adhyant's fave did not please Raasya, "Well Raasya, I'm not really sure. I mean, it was a really long flight and I hardly got any rest since I arrived. So..."

"Oh that's okay. You must be jet lagged. You should get some rest."

"We'll celebrate some other promise. Just the two of us."

"Its okay Adhyant. I'll have everyone else with me."

"Adhi!" they heard Deepa calling out for Adhyant, "I'm sorry Raasya."

"I'm fine Adhyant. I'll just wind this all up and join you downstairs." Adhyant could clearly see the look of dejection on her face but went down to the living room anyway. 

After everyone left, Raasya changed into her comfy clothes and got in her bed, imagining about the day that was to follow. It was now time to enter and work in the real world.

***********************************************************************************************Vote and Comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

715 76 29
Aanya and Aarav's love story unfolds amidst the contrasting worlds of business and journalism. Aarav, a young and stoic business mogul, crosses paths...
68K 2.8K 31
Continued story of "Ishqiya" Pakistani drama. Will Rumi fall in love with Hamza again or would Hamza's past mistakes will not be forgiven and they wi...
502K 27.4K 18
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
9.8M 642K 75
Yaduvanshi series #1 An Arranged Marriage Story. POWER!!!!! That's what he always wanted. He is king of a small kingdom of Madhya Pradesh but his pow...