Unexpected Sparks

By _darksea_

Two girls from America win a lottery to attend U.A, the best and most prestigious hero school in Japan. With... More

OC Descriptions
Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 1

6 0 7
By _darksea_

Nika and I ended up taking a bus to the neighborhood that had our apartment, and with a few weeks before we'd start school, we got our necessities and got the house put together.

The day finally came for the first day of school and we were getting ready in our apartment as I offhandedly said, "Isn't it kinda weird that we're showing up after they've had a month of school?"

"Don't stress yourself out, it's gonna be just fine. Watch us become the most popular transfer students ever after just the first few hours bahahaha."

I glanced her way, "We aren't that cool."

"Are you kidding?! Have you even looked in the mirror? You're probably gonna be the coolest person there."

She shoved me in front of our mirror and I was met with my reflection. Short blonde hair styled in a wolf cut with sharp green eyes. I was taller, though not taller than Nika, and I was in my casual sleepwear.

Ignoring her comment, I shook her off, "We should get into uniform."

She grumbled, "Fine, fine. Oh! Look at how I customized my uniform! I got my skirt shorter than what we get in America! It's so much cuter!" She picked her clothes off the couch and showed me.

"I was just glad that they allowed me to wear pants." I said. "I thought they'd be stricter, but they were pretty chill about it."

Nika laughed as she continued to pack her bag. "What would we have done if Caroline had to wear an uncomfy skirt!!"

My alarm went off, signaling that we should have left already.

We shared a look of terror and pulled our uniforms on quickly. Nika took most of the bathroom time, so my hair was a complete mess.

Not that I would have done anything to it, but still.

"Oh God, we're gonna be late!" Nika rushed me out and locked the door as we began sprinting to the school.

"Whose fault is that?!" I shouted back, still salty about my lack of bathroom time.

She didn't respond, too focused on running, and we finally made it to the entrance, hands on our knees, panting.

"S-so," I was breathing heavily. "What's our class again?"

"Uhhhh... I think it's class 1-A?"

There were a lot of people as we made our way inside. I felt even warmer due to the sheer amount, and having run for so long didn't help. Finally, we reached our destination: the large door of Class 1-A.

"Think they'll be nice?" I asked her.

She nodded with a smile, and I began to push the door open. "I'm sure this will be the best thing that will have ever happened t-"

As soon as it opened, I was met with a bolt of lightning going directly in front of my face, causing me to jump back with a gasp and bump into Nika.

"Woah; Kaminari, you nearly killed someone!" A girl with a punk aesthetic shouted.

I turned to the boy who seemed to be my assailant. He had the gall to look guilty and only turned to respond to the girl.

"I wouldn't have if you didn't—"

"—That's enough." A tired voice interrupted him. I turned my eyes over to the podium where a man who looked as though he hadn't slept in weeks stood, a scarf around his neck.

Hot.

Walking over to us, he blinked slowly, like a lizard, "My name is Mr. Aizawa. I will be your new teacher. Class, please welcome our new students. I'm sure you guys will find the time to introduce yourself later."

"The gods have answered my prayers," An irritating voice forced its way into my eardrums. "A hot, foreign, transfer student... who's a girl!"

I glared at this kid. Who is this thirsty little boy?!

"Mineta, control yourself." Aizawa glared at him.

"Huh?" Nika absentmindedly looked over at the commotion, not knowing what was going on from looking around the class in awe.

I turned to her, "Don't look at him. I already want to throw him in the trash." I grimaced.

She nodded, not giving it a second thought.

"You two can take those seats in the back—." Aizawa paused. "Midoriya, Sero; could you give these two your seats?"

How nice. He didn't want us sitting near the perv.

"Awe c'mon man!" The tiny freak exasperatedly threw his hands in the air with a groan.

A green haired boy then waved to me, saying, "Here. You can take my seat."

Nice kid, I guess.

Nika walked to where the other boy had moved, and I walked to where the green haired kid had stood up, putting my stuff on my desk and leaning back slightly.

Aizawa began talking about... something... when my eyes wandered around the classroom, taking in who would be my classmates. The ones nearest to me were a six-armed kid to my right and a blonde boy with spiky hair, leaning back in his desk.

Hm.

-

The day ended up being... quite boring as we were unable to do any hero course work because our teacher, All Might, was out fighting a villain. Eventually, it was time for lunch.

Nika and I sat together, of course, causing that small perv to look like he was going to have an aneurysm.

"What is wrong with that kid?" I whispered. "Are all the kids here like this lunatic?"

Nika was in the middle of a bite of a sandwich and looked up to who I was talking about. "I'm phure it's ust an awh one ou." She said with her mouth full.

I looked suspicious and Nika frowned, "Don't tell me you already hate it here? It hasn't even been a day..." she seemed genuinely sad.

I sighed, "It's whatever..."

Nika was about to say something when a pink haired girl walked over to us with a few other girls trailing behind.

"Oh, hey Mina! Uraraka, Tsuyu, Hagakure!"

I felt a little intimidated. She already knows so many people...

"Nika!" The pink one shouted. "Hey, girl! How are you holding..."

I blocked the rest of that conversation out when I noticed a short girl with a brown bob was twirling her hair, her face a little red, looking everywhere but at me.

I was midbite when I noticed, my mouth hanging open, "Uh." Was all that came out.

She seemed to notice that I was looking at her, because she jumped behind the pink one.

Great... she already hates me.

"Yeah no, it's been going good! We've been getting through smoothly so far." I had checked back into the conversation.

I brushed my bangs out of my eyes and leaned over to Nika, "Who are these people?" I mumbled.

She paused and leaned over to my ear, "These are some girls in our class who I got acquainted with earlier." She hummed happily and then went back to the conversation at hand.

I took another bite of my sandwich, feeling slightly awkward that I wasn't really saying anything.

"Hey actually, do you mind if we could talk to you about something... Um, privately?" she said to Nika while giggling nervously and glancing over at me.

Huh?

"Oh, um, sure I guess." Nika said as she stood up from our table. "I'll be right back." She smiled at me with an 'I wonder what this is all about' face.

She walked away with the girls and I was now by myself at the lunch table, feeling even more awkward than before. I fiddled with my thumbs and even contemplated going to the bathroom just to sit there, but something caught my eye.

Those girls from before were all looking and pointing at me while talking to Nika.

I'm not an insecure person by any means, so this really didn't make me feel anything if they were talking smack, but...

Just talk to me directly if you have something to say. I thought to myself. I already don't like these girls.

I added them to my list of people I disliked, along with that small kid who was drooling all the time, and the one who nearly killed me earlier that morning.

I stood up, sighing, ready to just head back to class when I crashed into a familiar face.

Er, familiar hair.

"Watch where you're going, moron!" The spiky blonde boy shouted at me, a drink having spilled on his uniform.

Before I could apologize, a red haired boy rushed over and held an arm in front of him, stopping him from, most likely, attacking me.

"Sorry about him, man. He's just..." he glanced at his friend.

This shark-like guy...

He's totally Nika's type.

I was about to try to apologize, again, when the blonde stomped away, his friend apologizing for him as he ran off.

Didn't even let me speak.

After a few moments, Nika arrived back from her "gossip sesh" looking dazed.

"You alright?" I asked my friend.

"Uhhh... I think this shall be a conversation for later. My mental energy has been absolutely drained."

"That bad, huh?" I hummed. "Well, we can head back to class if you want."

"Hahhh, good idea." She rubbed her head.

Placing a hand on her back, I led her over to the large 1-A door, opening it for her.

I'm so nice.

As if reading my mind, Nika commented sarcastically, "Wow you're so thoughtful."

"Wow you're so thoughtful," I mimicked under my breath.

She laughed loudly. "I'm just jokinggg, thank you." She grinned.

"Me too. Can't you tell?" I said with a blank face.

She smirked and we walked back into the classroom.

"Oh, you two. I was looking for you." Mr. Aizawa called us over to where he was sitting in his sleeping bag on the floor.

Sleeping bag...

Wait what.

"What is up with this dude..?" Nika mumbled to me.

I nodded back, "He is the only one here who has my respect."

She looked at me incredulously and we walked over to our new sensei.

"Since you two are new to both U.A. and Japan, you probably weren't aware of the tournament that U.A. holds. It's meant for students to be scouted, which is important for you, but doesn't need to be your top priority since you will be returning to America once you complete your three years here." Mr. Aizawa explained. "As such, you won't be taking part in the first two games, only the final combat portion. That is, if you have any interest in competing at all."

Nika and I looked at each other. I shrugged,

"Sounds cool."

Nika nodded in agreement, "It sounds like the perfect opportunity to showcase our skills!"

That seemed to be the end of that conversation, and the bell rang signaling that the rest of class would return soon.

Nika walked back to her seat and we watched as the classroom became full again.

"Hey! New guy!" I heard that grating voice. I turned my head to see that purple haired boy was calling out to me.

I glared at him and he shook his hands in surrender, "Look, I just need to know something, I'm not looking for a fight."

I would utterly demolish you.

"Are you and that hot new chick a thing?"

The question shocked me so badly I nearly fell out of my chair.

"W-what?!" I exclaimed. "No! Where did you get that from?!" I shocked myself from how loud I was shouting.

The boy stuttered, "W-well, you're both from America, and she's really hot... so..."

"What does that have to do with anything?!" I hissed.

"You're a man, you get it, right?"

I'm a what?

I opened my mouth to shout, and possibly mutilate this child, when I heard a voice from the seat in front of me.

"Are you stupid, Balls-for-Hair?" That same angry blonde guy who tried to kill me earlier for just bumping into him spoke up. "She's not a guy."

There was silence before that purple kid screamed in my face, "WHAT?! YOU'RE A GIRL?! THEN WHY AREN'T YOU WEARING ONE OF THOSE SUPER SEXY SKIRTS?! WHY PANTS?! WHAT KIND OF GIRL ARE YOU?!"

I didn't even flinch even as his spit landed in my eyes as he shouted at me. I wiped it off and turned around,

"I just don't like skirts. That's all."

This must've been what those girls were talking to Nika about...

The perv was panting behind me like a madman and I turned to the not-so-angry-anymore blonde, "Thanks."

"Shut up, I'm just stating facts; and I only did that because I hate Mineta." He glared at me. "If you ever get in my way again, I'll kill you."

After he turned around my eyes narrowed deeply.

This guy... he's a...

I mumbled the words "Jerk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 31.7K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
1.1M 38.3K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
4.8M 255K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
966K 22K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.