To Love A Villain

By Chick_ennugget

"Leave, you're free. Don't ever come back here again." She said, hoping he wouldn't return and she'll get to... More

The day I died
Once again
Drive him out
I have to get rid of him
Alternate route
His plan
Change of plans
Awful discovery
Stupid little thing
Discipline
The Jewelry Plan
Sweet sixteen
Help me out
Happy Birthday, My Lady
Who am I?
The pathetic monster that I became
My sweet obsession
Pitiful romance
My desires
The Helper
Her brother's secret
The engagement
The haters
Just me
Propaganda
The informant
One peaceful day
Ruin her
Happy Seventeen
Everything is the same
Life in prison
How to let go?
Final preparation
Wishes
Make love
The End of this pathetic life
snippets
More snippets
Amber's cafe
A cute little guest
Something is weird about the kid
Reunion
Why would the master of the magic tower be here?
My peace is here
At Death's Door
Death
Power
Something impossible
My happy place
Holy Power
Exposed
The king's summon
The king's request
Ahin's rose of affection
The exes
You have to stay
An old friend and an 'accident'
Take care of the mess
My Dear Lovely Lady
The kids and the things they do
Training
Success
Under attack
A Genuine Gift
Matching scars
Odd relationship
Cute
The Elf's Plea
Mana core
The Forest Of Elves
Why want the core?
Mana core
The Night Of The Full Moon Game
Dance for me
The Next Task
This Beautiful Person
The Bane Of His Existence
Display of power
Bitter Truth
The Time That Made Him What He Is: The Beginning
The Time That Made Him What He Is : The Isolation
Tree infused palace
The Time That Made Him What He Is : A Half Bastard
The Time That Made Him What He Is : Betrayal
The Time That Made Him What He Is :Abandonment
The Time That Made Him What He Is :No Hope, No Power
The Time That Made Him What He Is:Powerless
No one else but you
Volume 3
Dynamics
Gender Bender

Party

3.1K 164 52
By Chick_ennugget

>>Hael

I stood in my private lab, in front of the stump sink that had a concoction in it, trying to make sense of what I was going through.

Husband material?

What is that even supposed to mean? Is it someone she would want as a husband? She wants to get married? With who? And why?

....

It's bothering me too much

I don't even understand why, but it's making me mad. Why did she abandon all that power and live the life of a commoner?

Just what is going through her head? I don't... I don't get it. Why is it so hard for me?

I stared at the swirling silver liquid, grasping around the black potion, trying to swallow it.

No, she can't do that.

I will not allow it.

Knock

There was only one knock on the door, indicating it was archmage May who had come to visit me. The mages knock according to their ranks.

"Come in," I answered as I put aside the empty vial of silver potion that I had poured in the sink.

"Master Hael," May stepped inside my lab

"Yes?" I kept my eyes on the potion I was making. The black liquid wasn't allowing the silver to eat it up and blend in.

"It seems you're busy," She stepped forward, "So, I'll get straight to the point," She stopped a few steps away from the door, "Why did you let that boy infected with miasma and her mother enter the city?"

"What makes you think I did that?" I added some magic to the potion. Maybe it needs a little push.

"You made the barrier around the city to detect if any miasma infected humans enter. I know you knew the infected child came in, but not only did you lead them towards the city square, you made sure it happened right when the new saint was there."

The silver potion began to take over the black concoction, blending it in itself.

I smiled, "Why are you asking me this arch mage May?" I raised my face to look at her, "Do you have a problem with my method?"

"No," She replied, "I like what you did." She smiled back at me, "We need that saint."

I smiled, "Of course, we do,"

"I just want to make sure you don't have any plans of handing her over to the temple."

"Oh no," I looked down at the potion again, the black color was fading away, giving itself over to the silver liquid, "You have no need to worry about that." I looked at my reflection in the liquid, "She will not go anywhere but here." With me.

"That's reassuring, it seems your talk with the king went well."

"It did, we'll have the new saint in the magic tower soon enough."

"That's good to hear," May turned around to leave, "Oh," She paused and looked back at me, "It seems the other barrier needs to be reinforced." She said, "The miasma filled animals seemed to pass through it."

"So I heard." I replied, "But is that our problem? The City Council had some of their mages make that barrier, they should manage it."

"True," She began to walk away, "It's not our problem. At least not yet."

***

>>Amber

I was given a room to stay in and now I was staring at the maids who barged in to get me ready for the party tonight.

"Yes..." I awkwardly gave them the permission, "You may proceed..." Because if I know one thing, it's that the maids in the palace are very stubborn, once a task has been given to them, they make sure they do it no matter what.

"Girl!" The maids were fired up, "Let's go!" They came and grabbed me and I was in their hands for the next two hours.

I was all dolled up and ready to leave but decided to wait it out. I didn't want to spend useless time in the party hall. I'll just go when the place is filled so the king can make his announcement and I come back immediately!

"You may all leave," I told the maids after I was done looking in the mirror, "You all did a great job!" I wore a floor-length gown crafted from the finest silk, its deep ebony hue akin to the vast expanse of the night sky. The fabric would shimmer with a subtle sheen, catching the light in a mesmerizing dance of shadows and reflections. Tiny beads and sequins sparkled against the velvety backdrop of the fabric. The neckline had a subtle plunging V-neck design along with soft, billowing sleeves.

It was truly an ethereal dress and it matched so well with my dark hair. Someone put a lot of thought into this dress.

They smiled at me, "But Saintess," A maid spoke, "How will you make it to the party hall?"

I smiled back at them, "I have an escort, I'm waiting for him." I lied, "I'm a little shy so..."

They caught on!

"Oh!" They scrambled to pick their things and ran out, "We'll be leaving then!!"

Once I was alone in the room again. I sat down on the puffy and thought about it.

Hael's reaction was very weird. It was like he was in disbelief.

I pursed my lips.

I know I shouldn't think about it like that, but, could it be possible that he was jealous?

I shook my head

What am I thinking?!

BUT!

It definitely looked like he was offended at my words!

I chewed my lower gum.

What am I supposed to think about if not that he didn't like my words? That he got upset because I said some other man was husband material.

GOD!

I know this is wrong! But if he did get jealous, that makes me happy....

***

Hael didn't come back even after I went into the party hall. The place was crowded with nobility, but it was a good time to be there because the moment I entered, a servant went and whispered my arrival to the king and the king stood up to make his speech. All eyes turned towards the dais as the king rose to his feet, commanding attention with the regal authority that was inherent to his every movement.

"My esteemed guests," His voice boomed across the hall, "I ask for your attention." And a servant came to me.

"Saintess," He whispered, "I'll take you to the stage," He offered me his hand and I took it.

The room fell silent in reverence as the king cleared his throat, his gaze sweeping over the gathered nobles and dignitaries.

"I know you've all been waiting for this, the news travels rather fast after all," He smirked while I was escorted towards the stage," And now, it is my honor to introduce to you our newest saint, who has shown remarkable devotion and selflessness in her service to our kingdom."

As the king's words echoed through the hall, I felt a swell of nervous excitement rising within me. This was it—the moment I had been waiting for.

"Please, step forward," The king beckoned, his hand gesturing towards me who stood at the bottom of the stairs.

All gazes fell on me but I just focused on getting this all done with. With trembling steps, I made my way to the front of the room, the eyes of the crowd boring into me with an intensity that was almost palpable.

"Ladies and gentlemen," His Highness continued, "May I present to you our new saint," He offered me a hand and I took it. Then I turned to face the crowd alongside him, "Who's going to offer unwavering dedication to the people of our kingdom."

A ripple of applause broke out among the crowd as I stood before them, my heart pounding in my chest. I didn't want to look at the people, I could already sense the unease many of them had because of my face.

"I know," The king said, "She looks like someone many of us know but rest assured, our saint is an entirely different person." I did hear mummering and I couldn't help but scan the crowd, spotting many people I recognized but my gaze fell on Illaris.

Her eyes were full of disbelief and anger.

I looked away

"I'm announcing something important now," The king said and I just looked at him, "The new saint will be training with the mages, not the temple." He declared, "Her training will be personally overseen by the Master of the magic tower."

My eyes went wide

WHAT!?!?!?

Oh wait! Shit! Hael said something about the king's announcement! So this is what he meant?!?!

A hand reached for my shoulder from the back

!!!

Then the man came and stood beside me on the other side. I shot my head at him, letting go of the King's hand.

"Hael," I whispered his name and he turned to smile at me, "You told me nothing about this," I kept my voice in check, "Doesn't this mean I have to be with you all the time?" How is that any different from being under the temple?

My heart began to pound. The sound of this wasn't sitting well with me.

He passed me a cunning smile, "Surprise," He said, "I'm sure you loved it,"

"What?" I was baffled at his words

"It's a proper reunion." He seemed to be enjoying this, "We'll get to spend time together, just like the old days." My pupils shook as I looked at him in horror, "Oh," He glanced at my dress, then his smile got wider, "You always look lovely when you wear what I choose."

!!!!

My heart skipped a beat. What did he say? He chose his dress!?!?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158 6 12
Two twin sisters drifted apart because of misunderstandings and screaming by there on family no less. Zan Cui the one with a dragon fate was seen as...
4.8K 161 11
You're a college student living at home and working multiple part-time jobs to make ends meet. Neglected by your family you're forced into isolation...
1.5K 61 22
Ingrid has been the schools in-betweener, She is bad and good. Since she was born she lost her parents because her dad ran away and her mom gave Ingr...
1M 20.2K 31
"I, Cal River, Alpha of the Climax Night pack reject you, Raven Woods, as my pack's Luna and as my mate." ***** Raven Woods was born a rogue. She wou...