THE BRIGHTSIDE

By Delster_thatgirl

a single mother struggling to feed her own daughter everyday, will her own daughter found herself in the same... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18 ( EDITED)
19
20
21

17

108 6 0
By Delster_thatgirl

13 years later...

"MARI!" sa'teia yellled oht her name and esmari rushed to go to the kitchen.

"yes?" she spoke tilting her head.

"what I tell you about these dishes?" she raised her voice while slamming the sink.

"I don't know.. what did you tell me?"

"you being smart with me!?" sa'teia squints her eyes.

"no... I must've forgot" esmari spoke back, she really did fogort what sa'teia was talking about.

"you what??"

"I said I must've fogortten what you ha" she was cut off with a slap across the face by her auntie, who was now married to esmari's father, javon.

"you always got a stank attitude in that mouth of yours! quit talking back to me you understand??!"

"y-yes maam.." esmari spoke lightly while holding her right cheek that was highly sore. as sa'teia walks passes her while bumping her shoulder esmari looked down seeing her tears dropping down her face.

as she heard footsteps approaching the kitchen, she quickly wipes her eyes and grabs a dish soap and a scrub and starts to wash the dishes.

-

esmari was inside her room while reading her all time favourite book, The Unrelatable Kind, esmari had some sort of connection with the book, which made her fall inlove it with.

the book was about a young teen figuring out why she was different from everyone else in the world and how nobody understood her.

esmari always tried figuring out her life, she couldn't remember her childhood life, she only remembered most her childhood living with her dad and sa'teia.

however, she didn't know that 13 years ago, sa'teia had secretly placed a pill inside esmari's drink, where she had forgotten her memory.

esmari had trouble remembering her past, she couldn't remember anything, not even her real mother as javon never mentioned her mother's name ever again.

after finishing the 20th chapter, she closed her book and placed it on the table next to her bed.

she turned off her lamp and open her curtains and the window, admiring her view from outside.

(I tried looking for a good photo YALL😭😭)

she turns around a seeing her father coming in her room with his work uniform on.

"hey dad"

"why you not out hea eatin?"

"I'm not hungry.."

"I got McDonald's, you favourite"

"I'm not hungry dad.."

"wassup?" he notice something was wrong with esmari, she would never say no to McDonald's and he notice her body language.

"nothing.."

"mari don't hide nothin from me"

"your wife.."

"what I tell you about calling her that? she yo motha"

"well she doesn't treat me like her daughter.." she replied back lookin down while fiddling her fingers the thought of sa'teia made her angry. she wasnt a great mother to esmari and would treat her as some type of object who does chores everyday and gets beaten down or punished if esmari doesn't do what she says.

"I'll talk to her den" javon spoke and esmari looked up at her dad not saying anything.

"now come eat, I gotchu yo nugget meal" javon added and esmari smiled slowly getting up to eat.

-

5:54 PM

esmari walked to the living room hearing sa'teia call out her name.

"yes ma'am?" she looked at her getting her hair done by a friend who always comes by when sa'teia gets her hair braided.

"go head and buy me 1 packet of hair extension and a bottle of coke"

"okay"

"make sure you bring me the change back you understand?"

"yes ma'am"

esmari went back in her room and wore her jacket, she didn't had that much clothes to change into so she wore what she wore and put on put on her crocs while puttin the money inside her side pocket.

she leaves the apartment and walks to the elevator to go down.

10 minutes later~

she arrives at the shops, walking near the beauty and salon shop looks down as she saw a group of guys infront of a corner shop, hoping she didn't get noticed by them.

"sup lil mama, u tryna get down?"

"you kno you can't ignore me?" another one of them yelled as they all laughed and esmari ignored them making her way to the store.

she wasn't scared of the guys, she founded them highly annoying as they always approach her whenever she's at the markets, or anywhere near where she lived.

she walks over to the extensions and grabs 1 packet of extensions, and then a bottle of coke, just like her "mother" said.

looking toward the entrance she sees a group of guys coming in all at once, she breathed heavily as most pointed at her and she walked the other to the register.

she looked at the cashier handing the stuff she was buying.

"that'll be $13.87" esmari handed the cashier the 20 dollar note that sa'teia gave her.

as she walks out she tells her arm being grabbed and instantly pushed whoever was touching her arm.

"yo chill, jus wanna talk das all"

"leave me alone and stop following me everytime you see me!"

"where u think u goin?" he held her arm firmly, she screamed making everyone's attention on them and he instantly let go and watching her walk her while speeding her pace.

was she was a few blocks away she stopped seeing a chilli dog stand. her belly grumble, the only thing she had was toasted bread.

seeing that the chilli dog was $4, she grabs her left over change seeing that she had enough and walked over to the stand.

10 minutes later..

"what took you long?!"

"too many people in line" esmari covered up on why she was late and closed her mouth making sure sa'teia wouldn't smell her mouth.

"where my change at?"

"here"

"that's it?" sa'teia looked up at esmari after counting up her change that was only a few dollars.

"mhm" esmari nodded and as walked back inside her room sa'teia stopped her,

"uh uh you ain goin in that room, clean up the kitchen"

"yes ma'am" she mumbled, as esmari walked passed her she rolled her eyes heavily, she was sick and tired of sa'teia.

she put most of the things back in their placement before washing the dishes.

she made a bubbly water and washed the cups and plates with a srcub, she took one plate and kept scrubbing, she was distracted looking at the bubbles on the plate.

out of nowhere a bird hit the window making esmari jump, making the glass plate shutter.

"WHAT THE FUCK?" sa'teia rushed to go to the kitchen, seeing esmari quickly picking up the peices, esmari looked up, terrified and quickly stood up as sa'teia walked towards her and grabs her ear tightly.

"ooowww!"

"YOU BREAKING PLATES NOW?- YOU-" before she could finish her sentence she hit esmari across the face with her other hand and aggressively pushed her on the floor, continuously beating esmari.

esmari couldn't escape the violence, she was wounded badly, and had bruises on her face, the only thing you could hear was screams and multiple slaps. Sa'teia didn't stop until she saw blood.

"if I ever hear your dad complaining about me again I'll do worse" she whispered in her hair while holding her braids tightly and pushed her down the floor.

"get up and clean this before your dad sees" she said eying esmari while walking over her like she was nothing.

Esmari was still on the floor, not being able to move, she didn't understand why she had to go through this violence, with no help.

she hated sa'teia, she hated her guts and refused calling her mother, the more abuse she went through, the more her thoughts would come to reality. if she left this world, she didn't had to go through abuse ever again.

TBC...

THOUGHTS???

sorry for spelling mistakes

PLEASE DONT HATE ME 🧍🏾‍♀️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 587 21
๐Œ๐š๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž ๐‚๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐ญ. "๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐œ๐š๐ง'๐ญ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐›๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ž. ๐’๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ง๐ž๐ž๐ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐...
582 2 12
Dreams a party animal to say the least, a wild card, someone that's always down for whatever whenever. But she's also the queen of getting her get ba...
17 1 1
๐‘บ๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’†, ๐’‚ ๐’‘๐’๐’‚๐’„๐’† ๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’‘๐’†๐’๐’‘๐’๐’† ๐’‰๐’‚๐’•๐’† ๐’•๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’Š๐’, ๐’‚ ๐’”๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’‚๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’“ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’† ๐’š๐’†๐’‚๐’“๐’”...