Protection Contract: A High...

By California__Rose__14

"Are you going to leave me too?" She whispered looking into the eyes of her lover. "I'd never leave you," He... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Sequel

Chapter Five

27 1 0
By California__Rose__14

     The next couple weeks were spent with me in the hospital. Everyone coming to visit me and making sure I was staying happy. Telling me different stories from the past, while also filling me in on the present. Well unless it was to do with Takeru, no one would tell me anything about Takeru. Which now leads us to today, the day I'm finally going home, or well to the brother's place. Hiroto won't let me be alone anymore neither will Masaki, so now I get to stay with them till I get my own place again.
      Sighing I kept my bag tightly secured on me while climbing onto the back of Hiroto's bikes. "I swear to god if you crash I'm beating your ass," I huffed while wrapping my arms around his waist. "I won't crash, just hold on," He spoke before taking off. Nodding I held onto him tightly making sure I wouldn't fall off.
      "Told ya I wouldn't crash," He retorted once we stopped in front of their apartment building. Nodding I got off while playfully glaring at him. "You sound like a child," I remarked quickly my way inside. Hiroto trailing behind me after a few moments.
      Getting into the apartment being greeted by a shirtless Masaki watching porn on the TV. "God I already need bleach," I huffed going straight to Hiroto's room. "Put some clothes on and turn that off! Aimi is here you pervert!" Hiroto shouted at his brother. "I can watch what I want! I live here!" Masaki shouted back.
     Groaning I took off my bag tossing it to the side before storming out to the two, ready to take each other's heads. "Where Takeru? I need to talk to him and all either of you said at the hospital was that you found him. So where is he?" I questioned.
      The two of them exchanging a look before looking over at me. "He's busy," Masaki spoke. "Yeah told us not to worry, especially you," Hiroto followed up. "Either tell me the truth or I'm leaving," I threatened. Neither of them deciding to talk causing me to huff. Patting my pockets feeling my phone, keys, and wallet causing me to smile.
     Before they could react I was out the door and the building. Quickly going to the back side of the building where they never went, listening for them. Soon enough heavy feet were out front seeming worried. "Why couldn't we just tell her?!" Hiroto snapped. "She just got out of the hospital from a coma. We can't drop something like this on here. She's too fragile right now," Masaki reasoned.
"She's going to find out anyways! It's better to be from us than someone else!" Hiroto shot back. "Not yet! Everyone that knows, knows we can't tell Aimi yet!" Masaki snapped. "Masaki, we can't keep this from her. Takeru cared for her almost as if she was his little sister. She has the right to know that he's dead," Hiroto reasoned.
That can't be right he can't be dead. No that's a lie it has to be. Nothing could kill Takeru, it's Takeru after all. With slow heavy steps I walked back towards the front tears glossing over my eyes. Stopping at the corner of the building eyeing the two with their backs turned to me.
"Tell me it's not true. What you just said can't be true," I choked out watching their heads snap towards me. Eyes widening as they gave me a sorrowful look, confirming that it was in fact true. Stumbling back as tears left my eyes. Quickly I turned around running away.
I had to get away I couldn't do this. I couldn't be there and Takeru be gone. I can't handle that I just can't. After a few minutes of running I dropped to my knees sobbing. "No!! Takeru come back! You never said goodbye!" I shouted through tears, while punching the ground.
Quickly arms wrapped around me pulling me back into them. My hands being held to my chest as sobs broke through me. "Takeru!" I screamed through the tears. Everything in me was breaking, the one person I had left to look up too, was now gone.
       After a while of crying I was let go. Turning around staring up at the brothers who gave me sad looks. Sighing I pulled myself to my feet, pushing passed them with heavy steps. I was numb, in this moment I no longer felt anything.
      Sighing I slowly made my way up to the apartment, going into Hiroto's room. Grabbing a change of clothes before going into the bathroom. Tossing my clothes on the counter before stripping from my dirty ones. Quickly starting the shower and getting in, letting the warm water wash over me.
        How can Takeru be dead? He can't actually be dead there's no possible way. Unless Kamizono found out his true purpose for being there. If that's the case then Kuryu will crumble at my hands. "They will pay," I seethed aloud.
      Sighing I turned off the shower getting out and drying off. Once I was done getting changed I came out. Seeing Hiroto sitting on the couch watching TV and Masaki cooking in the kitchen.
     Sighing I walked passed them going straight into Takeru's room. Taking a deep breath before looking around the room. "Leave her be Hiroto, she needs time," Masaki spoke from the other side of the door. "She can't be in there it's going to destroy her more!" Hiroto argued.
      "You did the same thing at first. Give her the time she needs," Masaki reasoned. "Fine," Hiroto huffed walking away from the door. "There's a tray of food out here, eat when you're ready," Masaki spoke before walking away.
      Sighing I went back to what I was doing. Looking around the room, breathing in his scent, and recalling all the memories.

         Smiling I walked into Takeru's room after my shift flopping down on his bed, while he worked at his desk. "Did you forget what knocking was?" He chuckled glancing back at me. "No, just you told me before to just walk in," I stated looking over at him.
       Shaking his head he finally turned towards me. "How was work?" He questioned. "Boring and annoying. My boss hates me," I huffed. "Then stop being stubborn and work with your parents. They have a company that worked with our parents before," He stated.
        "I know but I want to make my own way and not depend on them so much," I sighed. "The company in the long run is a better option. So stop being stubborn and work with them. I don't like seeing you this stressed and overworked," He sighed.
        "Rin told me the same thing," I sighed. "He's worried about you that's why," Takeru sighed. "Speaking of which I don't see him. He said he was coming here after school," I stated perking up. "Masaki took him to get ice cream while Hiroto is picking up dinner," He spoke.
      Nodding before my phone started ringing. Pulling it out seeing my mom's name flashing on the screen. "Moshimoshi," I answered while giving Takeru a small smile. Nodding he sat there patiently waiting for me to finish the call.
     "Aimi don't come home, you and Rin need to stay away for now," Mom rushed. "Why? Mom what's going on?" I questioned feeling concern seeping in. "Just promise me! Promise me you won't come back!" She pleaded. Before I could answer a scream was heard then the line went dead.
     "Mom!" I shouted. Pulling back my phone looking at the screen as tears formed in my eyes. "Aimi what's wrong?" Takeru questioned causing me to look at him. Without saying anything I jumped from the bed, rushing out the door. "Aimi!" Takeru shouted rushing after me.
      Quickly I got in my car speeding towards home, Takeru following behind me on his bike. Weaving through the traffic until I was forced to stop on the side of the road by Takeru. Getting out of my car ready to shout at him when he covered my mouth. Pulling me down into a heavily covered ditch under the bridge, on the road leading up to the house.
     He held me tight with my back pressed against him. Standing there I could hear more cars approaching along with the sound of gunshots. Tears left my eyes while Takeru stood there supporting me and keeping me quiet.
      "People really should know better than to try a Kuryu family," I heard a man snicker. "Find the daughter and bring her to me dead or alive. Their son is worthless," Another man spoke. "Right away boss," a group stated.
       After that exchange Takeru and I stayed there just a little longer before he finally let me go. Dropping to my knees he quickly pulled me up, letting me cry into him. Sob after sob he just stood there weathering the storm as I let everything out.
     "They're dead aren't they?" I choked out looking up at Takeru. Giving me a sad look while nodding before he gently wiped my tears away. "Let's go home," He spoke while picking me up. Sighing I leaned into him staring off into space.
       After a bit of time we were back at the apartment just this time without my car, and my heart shattered. A piece of me was missing and I had to pretend everything was fine. Quickly I plastered on a smile before walking inside with Takeru.
     "Where'd you guys go?" Masaki questioned when we walked in. "She wanted something stronger than beer," Takeru spoke holding up a bottle of tequila I didn't realize he even stopped to buy. "Don't you have work tomorrow?" Hiroto questioned coming over to me.
        "I quit, I'm going to work at the company," I stated giving a smile. "Finally you're going to work with mom and dad," Rin stated while walking out of the bathroom. "Yeah I am, I think it's time I work with family," I stated holding back my tears.
        "Let's eat and celebrate your new beginning then!" Masaki cheered taking the bottle from Takeru. Nodding I took my seat at the table with Rin while the brothers made the drinks, and set out the food.
        "Cheers!" We shouted clinging our glasses together before taking a drink. Smiling I started digging into the food on my plate. Stopping only when a knock sounded on the door. Sighing Takeru quickly made his way over answering it.
       Standing there was an officer or more so a detective, one that I knew as Saigo. "How can I help you detective?"  Takeru questioned. Looking passed him his eyes met mine before flashing over to Rin. "I need to talk with Aimi and Rin," Saigo stated looking back at Takeru.
      Nodding he turned towards us causing me to sigh. Standing up taking a breath I held my hand towards Rin, which he took with a shaky grasp. "Just stay slightly behind me and you'll be safe," I whispered before we walked over.
      Nodding he did as he was told while still holding onto my hand. Even though he was 18 and on his last year of high school, the poor kid was always scared. He hated fighting, didn't know how to protect himself, hated confrontation and conflict, and cops scared the hell outta him.
     Taking a deep breath glancing back at Rin who was slightly shaking. Sighing I passed him over to Takeru while looking over at Saigo. "You can say what you have to say in front of all of us," I huffed. "I'm sorry to have to inform you of this, but at 19:00 we found your parents dead in their home. We went to investigate after a neighbor reported hearing screams, that was when we found them dead. We also found your car there as well," He spoke eyeing me.
      "My car was stolen from work, Takeru picked me up," I stated. "Either way you're being placed under arrest for their murder," He spoke grabbing onto me. Slamming me into the wall while roughly handcuffing me.
      "Get the fuck off of me! I didn't do anything!" I yelled. "Let her go!" Hiroto yelled coming towards us. "Aneki!" Rin cried while Takeru held him back. Masaki holding Hiroto back while Saigo dragged me away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

857 10 16
"I promise I'll protect you," He whispered with tears in his eyes. "I'll never stop protecting you, so please come back to me," He cried while holdin...
6.7K 420 32
Are you sure to be living the way you should? Two eyes trapped in the eternal night, a tortured mind, years wasted forever, an entire existence to be...
292K 9.6K 32
___COMPLETED___ _Their Loveless Marriage_ Cover Credit :- @weirdosaurs _Top Ranking_ #1 in ihateyou #4 in iloveyou "Plz...dont..." she was saying whe...
8.8K 315 32
June, 2, 2024: #1 in Action-Romance "If you choose to leave, I won't stop you cause I know that would be a sensible decision." He moved even closer t...