STARGIRL || PAIGE BUECKERS

By charlotteiscol

WHAT HAPPENS when arsenal wfc stargirl, maddie catley meets paige bueckers, and falls for her? More

00.
00. meet maddie
01. nothing new
02. invisible string
03. nonsense
05. slut!
06. sweet nothings
07. the only exception

04. so american

1.2K 44 6
By charlotteiscol

god i'm so boring

and i'm so rude

can't have a conversation

if its not all about

you

so american - or

____________________________________________________________

maddie pov

late october 23 - north london

I WAS ON FACETIME WITH PAIGE WHILE PACKING FOR INTERNATIONAL BREAK. I needed to ask her an important question, and had been putting it off all week.

"paige"

"mhm" she quickly replies, not looking up from her homework

"do you wanna come see my game this week?" i ask, nervously waiting for the answer

"are you joking! of course i will." she happily says to the screen. "where is it though?"

"it's in new york. i know thats a long way but the games on friday and i don't have to leave until sunday so we can spend saturday together?" i question.

"of course i'll come mads. that sounds perfect." she smiles back at me. ever since she heard kyra use that nickname, it stuck.

"i'll make sure to get you the best seats in the house." i joke, while still smilling.

"i would expect nothing less!" paige says, with a subtle smirk that made my stomach do a flip.

"ive gotta go. we've got a preseason bonding thing tonight, but speak tommorrow?" paige asks.

"of course. see you later bueckers." i say while waving at the camera before hanging up.

this was going to be an eventful week.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"SOO, HOWS IT GOING WITH YOU AND A CERTAIN BLONDE" kyra asks me, while we are cooking pasta for dinner.

"i hear you guys talking a lot. i'm starting to think you replaced me and got a new bestfriend." kyra jokes while waiting for my response.

"its really good." i smile at the brunette standing next to me. "she's coming to our game against usa on the weekend."

"no way!" kyra looks at me shocked. "you guys are like on game watching level."

"were just friends ky." i say. we 100% weren't just friends. Just friends don't make my heartbeat faster and make me blush. Just friends don't make me feel how paige makes me feel. and just friends certainly don't subtly flirt the way me and paige do.

"that is such a lie maddles." kyra deadpans at me. "every time you get a message from her you go red and start smiling like a crazy person."

"that is not true!" i frown at my bestfriend.

"oh it so is. literally ask any of the arsenal girls. they've been asking whats been making you smile so much for weeks now."

After we finish cooking, I quickly snap a picture and upload it to my instagram story, making sure to tag kyra. Not even a minute after i posted it,

paigebueckers liked your story

"your so whipped mads." kyra laughs at me, knowing exactly what had me smiling

this time i didn't try and deny it.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

mads

did you get my present?

paige

i did

i love it very much

wearing it 24/7

GETTING CLOSER AND CLOSER TO THE GAME, paige was complaining that she had nothing to wear, so i sent her one of my old matildas jerseys. i checked my phone to see that paige had sent me a photo of her in the jersey, with a message that said: new wag alert?

mads

my very own wag!

paige

only for u x

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

BEING BACK WITH THE MATILDAS was always a nice feeling. the group of girls who i had grown up with, and had raised me, knew me better than anyone, and we were really like one big family. I had make the big error of telling all of the girls that paige was coming to the game on friday, and the teasing had been going on all week.

macca, caitlin, kyra, charli, alanah, steph and i had decided to watch a movie, while the rest of the girls had dispersed into back into their rooms.

"so mads, are going to get to meet the infamous paige bueckers tomorow?" caitlin asks me, while smirking.

"not if you keep being annoying" i snap back, while throwing a pillow in her general direction

"ouch mads! what did i do?" steph looks at me, as my pillow had hit her instead of my intended target.

"sorry!" i wince, while my sister throws the pillow back at me, while murmuring about how its a good thing i didn't become a netballer.

"please let us meet her mads! she seems so cool!" alanah starts while charli and macca nod along in agreement.

"considering they are spending all of saturday together, i'm sure you'll meet her this weekend" kyra jokes, not realising that she accidentally exposed her bestfriend.

"madeline! that was supposed to be team bonding day." steph says, while looking at me with a very disapproving look.

"i know but can you guys cover for me. pretty please" i beg "this is like the last time i'll be able to see her for like 2 months!"

"fine." all the girls nod along in agreement, "but you owe all of us big time madeline rose" caitlin says, while giving the younger girl a disappointed mum look.

"of course! whatever you want!" i reply happily, knowing my plans with paige aren't ruined.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SITTING IN THE CHANGE ROOM BEFORE THE GAME, i couldn't lie and say i wasn't nervous. usa was a strong team, and even though they didn't have a good world cup run, they were still a force to be reckoned with.

"i want you girls to not treat this like a friendly. this is such important practice for the olympics, and every single one of you needs to give this 100%" tony says to all of us, while going over last minute strategy for the game. soon enough, we were about to line up for the game, when i got a message from paige. it was a picture of her in the crowds, wearing her m.catley jersey with pride. i quickly sent a heart back, and went to line up.

the game had not started out well. 20 minutes in, the us had nearly all of the possession, and it was only a matter of time before they scored on us. personally, i hadn't been playing great either, losing the ball on multiple occasions and making sloppy passes. i had a quick glance to the crowd before my eyes settled on a certain blonde. paige must've noticed how stressed i was, quickly giving me a thumbs up and signally for me to breathe.

that was all it took to return to my usual playing style, dominating the midfield. kyra had the ball, and i did something i didn't usually do. I ran upfield, and called for the ball. Kyra immediately saw what i was doing, and passed the ball for me to run on too. once i had the ball, i quickly dribbled around a defender, and realised that no one was near me, so i would have to do this by myself. i reached the edge of the box, and took a shot, the ball slightly curving, and landing perfectly in the top left corner, out of the goalkeepers reach.

I couldn't believe it! i had scored a worldie against one of the best countries in the world. hayley and sam, being the closest to me, came over and jumped on me.

"INSANE BABY CATLEY!" sam screams at me, while giving me a hug. after the celebrations had died down a bit, i met eye contact with paige, and blew her a kiss. i knew it was bold considering we weren't even dating, but i was so happy in that moment i couldn't care less.

quickly the half time whistle went, and then the full time whistle, and we had managed to keep our lead over the usa. everyone was ecstatic, as we had proven that we could beat one of the best teams in the world. as we were walking to get water, kyra nudged me, pointing towards paige who had gone to the barricade to wait for me. as soon as i saw her, i sprinted over, and gave her a hug.

"holy shit mads! that was incredible!" paige says while we still hugged. "you are literally the most skilled soccer football person ever!" she exclaims while looking at me.

"i can't believe you're actually here!" i say while grinning and holding the blondes hand, as if i let go she would disappear.

"that was so insane maddie." paige says while looking at me. "and, you also looked very good while doing it." she cheekily added at the end, while slighty smirking at me.

I really hoped no one saw that, cause they would've seen how red i just went.

"ive got to go for our chat, but wait and i'll come back, i promise." i say as sam was yelling at me to come over.

"i'll be waiting right here" paige says, still smilling down at me.

if i only i could kiss her right now

"that is not how two friends act mads" kyra states, matter of factly, as we walk into the change rooms, and i couldn't be bothered to argue back

CHAR SPEAKS

sorry for the long chapter lol

also which one do u guys like more first person pov or third person?

don't forget to vote, comment and add to your libraries

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 328 7
Harry Potter is tired of being the savior of the Wizarding World, he wants to have a normal year. Harry wants a normal year and some time with his go...
169K 3.7K 19
Look man I had to mess up the ages of the characters and I apologize for that. Hey guys! I'm focusing on school so the rewrite of this cringe book is...
15K 848 15
[complete] Namjoon didn't know that sometimes, a barista is all it takes to make your morning routine skid to a halt and open your eyes.