Golden CAPTAIN || Ateez *PIRA...

By CarAtiny_21

When Yun SeByeol, 21 years old bilingual girl, who lives on earth filled with both magic and technology, does... More

๏Brown๏
๏Orange๏
๏Women?๏
๏Mullet๏
๏Blue๏
๏Quatermaster๏
๏Cooking๏
๏Bonding๏
๏Meeting๏
๏Smile๏
๏Berserker๏
๏Deja-vu๏
๏Plan๏
๏Control๏
๏Tired๏
๏Apology๏
๏Fish๏
๏Athena?๏
๏Promise๏

๏Crow's Nest๏

69 6 0
By CarAtiny_21

Yun SeByeol's POV

It was evening right now. The sky was the shades of yellow, red and orange. One of my favorites. The sea was also adoring the colors of the sky, for it was reflecting them as if they are the most beautiful ornaments it has ever worn. The sun was setting but I can also see the moon in the sky already. It was windy too. I could feel my hair flowing in the air which I have settled in a high ponytail. The long coat and leather jeans which I was wearing, were giving me the exact warmth I needed, even lessening the cramps.

I should be at peace because of this beautiful weather but it was not calming me this time. In contrast, I found my head full of the conversation between me and Athena. It had been over for hours now but it felt like I just talked to her few minutes ago. Her voice still in my head. The bombs of information she has exploded over me at the same time was too much to take in and I can't help but catch myself sympathizing with her and feel bad about her.  

The only good thing out of the conversation had been that we had got a little closer. Closer enough that she told me she believes me and my magic. And that I won't be stopping her for what she'll do when she gets the opportunity. But sadly I had to decline her offer straight away.

She's hiding something though. I'm positive about that.

She was sleeping right now, mentioning that she needed to refresh her mind for the following journey and that she was just too tired. She even offered me to stay with her  but I was too much in my own thoughts to accept it. 

Therefore, right now I was here, in the main deck, near the railings, holding onto them to not get off balance and fall because of the ship's speed. They felt cold under my palms, gentle.

The other pirates were roaming around and doing their own things, chatting, talking, laughing, working- minding their own business. Hongjoong had still not given me any other task and Elora was also busy with Yeosang and Wooyoung doing something particularly important. I still can't accept the fact that Wooyoung is a navigator, which is pretty much a really important job. I don't trust him to lead the way but I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

Mingi was with me during lunch and I'm glad that we were less awkward than before, for he tried to start a conversation about my healing magic and how I could feel when something wrong was going to happen. It was a pretty interesting conversation and most intriguing were his reactions to my words because he looked like a little kid who was getting told by his parents how babies are made- brought down by angels. He asked me about the magical liquids too but I didn't wanted to take any risks of saying something which can lead him to drink them behind my back. Though I trust him enough to know that he won't do that but I still wanted to be cautious. and not take any risks.

I was getting pretty irritated right now though. Someone was again and again breaking the peace intentionally or not, I didn't knew.

I could hear slurping noises from above me. Not wanting to use my precious extra energy to tell the person, who was hanging in the crow's nest to stop making sounds while drinking, I just continued staring at the ocean and enjoying the view, trying to find a little peace and relax from the non-stop thoughts running in my mind.

 Noticing that the slurping sounds were getting even louder, I hissed exasperated. Does no one know how to eat and drink normally here?

"Lady Golden." I heard the person from the crow's nest calling me, "Would you like to have any drink?" Yunho asked warmly peeping from above, carefully.

I lifted my head up to an extent that I could feel my neck hurting. Why have  they made these things so tall?

"No Yunho. I am alright. Thank you for asking though." I answered smiling back at him.

Finishing my sentence, I found him coming down while using the ropes which were moving a little because of the wind and his weight. He landed on the wood without making any sound in just few seconds and walked towards me with a bottle with some liquid in his hand.

He stopped just beside me while staring at the ocean peacefully with a gentle smile on his beautiful face.

No one said any thing for a moment and we both just relived in this comfortable quiet.

"You look bothered, Lady Golden." Yunho spoke quietly turning to me a little, "Are you" he paused for a brief moment while staring at me and than continued while shaking his head, "Really Okay?"

I thought about his words for a second and than replied while heaving out a tired sigh, "I am fine. Just thinking."

"About what?" He questioned hopefully and curious.

I shaked my head, not wanting to tell him about the conversation.

He didn't said anything else but smiled gently nodding his head in understanding.

After another silent minute, he talked again, gentler than before and even a little shyly, "Would you like to go to the crows nest? Maybe that could help you gather your thoughts or maybe even forget them for a while. Because trust me, the view from up there is beautiful."

 I smiled at his efforts and puppy behavior. God, he really is a puppy, even in this world .

"I would appreciate that." I answered chuckling.

With that, he started walking back to the ropes which were now flailing even more violently than before. Yunho turned back to me while holding the rope with one hand and the bottle with another.

"Do you want to go first Lady Golden?" He questioned with a glint of joy and excitement in his big brown eyes and a little pink tint on his cheeks.

"No. It's okay and please stop calling me lady Golden, that's make me feel like an old women. Just call me Golden." 

He chuckled loudly while nodding his head and said, "Alright Golden."

"Wow. That sounded so sexy."

"W-what?" He said a little taken aback and flustered.

Oh did I said it out loud?

"O-oh nothing." I answered stuttering a little from embarrassment. Ugh Byeol, keep your tongue under control!

 He turned back around chuckling deeply and before I could even blink, he was gone. I looked up and found him waving at me, signaling to come up, from the crows nest. How the hell did he got up there so quickly?

I was at a loss of words because of his speed. Wow, he was fast. I wonder what else he is fast at.

Moving myself towards the rope, I held it with both of my hands and glanced up. It was high. I regret not going up first. What if I fell? Than no one would be there to catch me. And I'll pretty much break few bones. I shivered a little at that thought and quickly shaked my head to get the thoughts out of my mind.

Again I looked up and just decided to move. At least I can reach half the distance. This is a challenge and I'm sure as hell taking it. I slowly putted my one leg on the rope, holding it tight.

I can't.

"Yunho." I called for the tall man shakily.

"Yes Golden?" He questioned. His voice becoming a little faint because of the fast wind.

"Are you sure that I won't die if I fall?"

"You will probably die Golden." He answered with no hesitation.

"Well, thank you there gentlemen, for assuring me about my well being." I said back sarcastically with a little scowl on my face.

All I heard was him chuckling and than he was down behind me covering my hand which was holding the rope.

What the hell? What dark magic is this? Where did he came from?

I guess that my confusion and shock was obvious on my face, for he laughed delighted and said, "I came down from the other rope. And don't worry you'll be fine. I was joking."

I nodded and just stared at him, not knowing what to do. He raised his dark eyebrow, patting my hands and asked, "Is there something else Golden?" 

I shaked my head.

"Than go on. I'll be down here to make sure that you won't fall."

And yes, all I needed was that little reassurance because just after he finished his sentence I started climbing up on the rope. Strongly holding it and making sure that my feet weren't too much in the air. It was not as hard as I thought it would be. Thanks to my athletic body and that I've climbed few trees before. So I'll say, I was pretty much experienced.

The only difference between climbing a tree and a rope is that, the tree doesn't move this much. This rope was swinging as if it was offended by me climbing it and that it wanted to intentionally push me back down. Almost reaching the crow's nest, I looked down and found Yunho with a proud smile on his face, giving me thumbs up when we made eye contact, he even literally mouthed, "You're doing amazing!!"

Awwwwwwww.

I reciprocated him my own warm and proud smile and just with few more pulling and stepping and holding tight, not to fall and die, I was there, at my destination and oh my heavens.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 5.2K 72
After coming back from being exiled, Princess Lee Sun-Mi returns to face an ugly secret that turns her world upside-down. Betrayed by her step-mothe...
2.1K 67 11
Y/N doesn't remember her childhood or her life before coming to this bustling port City and being married off. 8 pirates save her... did they find th...
17.5K 1K 93
[T4KT] Eight boys. Eight stories. Eight fates. In a world where music and the arts are banned, hope is non-existent, and passions chained up and re...
12.6K 418 11
(1st book. Second book is being released!) You are a young woman named Anna. One day, Anna's life begins to fall apart starting by her car breaking d...