When it Dawns

Por Shadowpotato114

Bolat Abaiov, once a humble nerd surrounded by the warmth of friends and family, finds himself abruptly hurle... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 8

9 1 0
Por Shadowpotato114

Nalgib: so...how does this powder mix works?

Bolat: when ignited, the mixture burns immediately due to the flammable ingredients, producing a great number of hot gases and smoke, if you put it in a close space as this metal pipe, the repaid expansion of the gases and the explosion generate pressure, which propels this small pellet out of the pipe. The speed and the burning time depends of the ingredients and quantity used.

Bolat carefully loads the experimental weapon, meticulously measuring out a small quantity of black powder and placing it into the barrel. With precision, he inserts a small piece of paper followed by a pellet, using a stick known as a ramrod to firmly press the components down. Securing the barrel to the table, Bolat then carefully adds a small amount of black powder to a pan positioned beside the barrel.With steady hands, Bolat brings a small ember close to the pan, igniting the powder and triggering the mechanism. In an instant, the barrel unleashes its explosive force, propelling the projectile forward with remarkable speed and accuracy. The projectile effortlessly surpasses the hanged piece of meat, hitting its mark with pinpoint precision.As the smoke clears and the echoes of the shot fade away, Nalgib stands in awe of the weapon's performance as Bolat's ingenuity and skill have produced a truly remarkable firearm, one that promises to revolutionize warfare with its unparalleled precision and power.

As more testing lies ahead, Nalgib contemplates the potential impact of the newly developed powder and considers ways to enhance its effectiveness. He ponders the idea of shaping the weapon body to resemble a crossbow, providing a more ergonomic and comfortable shooting position. Bolat reveals that this was indeed his intention, proposing the creation of a wooden body and trigger mechanism.Nalgib eagerly offers to assist Bolat in refining the weapon, on the condition that he be the first to test any improvements. Bolat agrees, stipulating that Nalgib must keep their collaboration confidential until he decides otherwise.

As the days pass and the snow melts away in the mountains, the forest springs to life with fresh water from the rejuvenated creeks. In a serene moment by a small creek in the hidden forest, Bolat, Nalgib, and Elliot gather to test the new firearm. Elliot loads the barrel while Nalgib takes aim at an edrak peacefully grazing nearby. Bolat observes and takes notes as Nalgib steadies his breath and pulls the trigger, striking the edrak in the chest.As they track the wounded creature, Bolat remains by the creek, reflecting on the precision of the shot. While accurate, the projectile's trajectory was slightly affected by the wind, causing it to miss the edrak's heart directly. Bolat notes this as an area for improvement to prevent wastage of the precious black powder.

Back in Gallo, Bolat eagerly awaits Nalgib's arrival in his office, where he peruses a military codex from the shelf. As he flips through the pages, he notices something peculiar â€" the equipment used in the continent of Praeraeva differs significantly from that of Arin and Zagroth. While initially attributing this to cultural distinctions, Bolat senses there's more to it.Reflecting on Earth's late Middle Ages, where metal played a prominent role in various civilizations' military and daily lives, Bolat realizes that despite trading relations between continents, the world he's in remains remarkably isolated. Many nations, particularly in North Praeraeva, rely minimally on metals, with limited advancements in architecture, culture, and the arts. The prohibition of magic in several regions exacerbates this divide, heightening Bolat's awareness of the potential impact of introducing something as potent as black powder.Examining the codex further, Bolat observes that while military forces in Arin and Zagroth utilize metal armor akin to plate armor on Earth, those in North and South Praeraeva employ minimal metal, with some still using bronze or distinguishing themselves from civilians solely with sleeve adornments. Helmets stand as a notable exception.Contemplating how he might introduce Earth's military technology to this world, Bolat considers it a potential avenue for fostering peace and stability across the lands.

His thoughts are interrupted as Nalgib enters.

Bolat: oh, you are late.

Nalgib: i know, i know, sorry for keeping you waiting.

Bolat: this book, where did you get it?

Nalgib: ah, i wrote it, why?

Bolat: it is highly detailed, i recommend you to simplify the writing style, don't add so many decorations to every letter, that way you will have more time to focus on another part of what you write.

Nalgib: ill keep that on mind.

Bolat: second, you really did great work with this, emm, counting from 1 to 10, how much is the percentage of nations have you visited?

Nalgib: mmm, four surely, maybe five.

Bolat: not even half?

Nalgib: I've been traveling across many nations due to my presence in the league, and most part of the nations i haven't visited yet have magic prohibited, so if i enter, they'll kill me.

Bolat: what about the living conditions of the nations you have visited?

Nalgib: living conditions?

Bolat: you know, how people lives, their level of knowledge and technology like weapons or buildings, social classes, everything.

Nalgib: well, in Arin and zagroth, the only difference is in the buildings, but yeah, both high and low social classes live the same like here in kemee, however, in praenaera is different, mostly in the north, as you saw in my notes.

Bolat: what about the slavery, or the way the different races live with each other.

Nalgib: if you put it like that, in praenaera and zagroth mostly every race wants to kill the other, the same with slavery, this nation of lizards slaves these races, this human nation slaves these others, this orc nation slaves those, is the same, peasants live poorly while the nobles live with luxuries, and so and so.

Bolat: your way of talking says you don't care, why don't you feel this is wrong?

Nalgib: well, the league is extremely isolated, so we don't take part of either nobility or commoners, so we don't born as this class and die as that class, as many nations have gave us power, we can take even a king as a suspect of dark magic practice and kill them, so we don't get into diplomacy as our mission is to keep both light and dark arts in balance.

Bolat: so if i threat the crown of kemee and take power of the entire nation, you won't act?

Nalgib: if you were a normal undead, yes, but we think you may be a product of either demonic or sacred magic, so the ones who should stop you are the sacred inquisition alliance, and let me tell you, the inquisitors of the league are less than ants compared to the ones of the alliance, so, if a demonic skeleton takes power of a nation, we won't go after you, the alliance will do.

Bolat: and what is their point of view about magic?

Nalgib: it depends on, some religions use magic in their practices, what makes the alliance go after them, take power of that nation, prohibit the magic and you know the rest.

After conversing with Nalqib, Bolat contemplates the implications of the Sacred Inquisition Alliance, a formidable organization comprised of various religions united in their condemnation and punishment of demonic arts. This alliance operates as a totalitarian force, seeking to eradicate demonic religions and their associated practices entirely. Many devout followers have been forced to flee to escape the Alliance's wrath.Considering Nalqib's warning about the potential sacred or demonic nature of his magic, Bolat reflects on the consequences of his threat against the Kemeean crown. However, memories of the atrocities committed by the nobility against his town two centuries ago, and their subsequent mistreatment of its new inhabitants, compel Bolat to prioritize his mission to aid as many people as possible, despite the risks involved.

Bolat's mind races with the weight of his past and the gravity of his present decisions. He recalls the peaceful life he once led as a farmer in Ornegaka, only to have it shattered by the tyranny of the governor and the crown. With two powerful foes slain, yet the crown still standing, Bolat ponders his next moveâ€"to seize power in Kemee and deliver justice to its people.

As memories of his family's suffering and the lives he has saved flood his thoughts, Bolat's resolve solidifies. Despite his skeletal form and lack of conventional power, he knows he must act to help the citizens of Kemee and bring about change.

However, his contemplation is abruptly interrupted by the arrival of an emissary from the crown, accompanied by a sizable contingent of soldiers. Bolat dons his Edrak skull mask, a symbol of his identity as Salazar Mayhew, the feared witcher. With tension hanging in the air, the emissary Lowell recognizes him, setting the stage for a confrontation that will shape the fate of Kemee and its people.

Lowell: it's him!

Elliot: please calm sir, you cannot judge by just seeing him.

Lowell: don't get in my way governor Elliot, remember that i have permission of-

Bolat as Salazar: permission of who?

Lowell: i am sure you haven't heard about the notice, but i assume you already know it.

Salazar: the crown wants me dead, i know that, and i won't change my words, they failed to pay, they will die.

Lowell: those are bold words for someone as low as you, however, i can make an exception, tell me, have you always wanted to be a recognized witcher? live surrounded by luxuries and power? But your position as a commoner have stopped you, i can solve that if you decide to work for me, or…

With a snap of his fingers, Lowell commands two soldiers to bring forth citizens who had supported Salazar's government. Many of them bear signs of resistance, with bruises and bleeding as a testament to their defiance. Among them, a young dark elf girl of no more than ten years is dragged before Lowell. He brandishes a dagger, pressing it against her neck while running his tongue over her face, a chilling display of his ruthless resolve.

Bolat clenches his fists tightly, struggling to maintain his composure in the face of Lowell's intimidation. The soldiers, at Lowell's command, aim their crossbows at the other prisoners, heightening the tension in the room. The fear and despair in the young girl's eyes evoke memories of Bolat's own daughter, Dinara, who had suffered a similar fate during the stroke of state.

With resolve burning within him, Bolat stealthily reaches for his handgun concealed beneath his cloak, poised to act when the moment presents itself.

Salazar: let them go.

Lowell: have you consid-

Salazar: I SAID LET THEM GO!

In a swift motion, Bolat draws his handgun, his skeletal finger finding the trigger and igniting the black powder within. The bullet hurtles through the air, finding its mark with deadly precision as it pierces Lowell's head, ending his life in an instant. The soldiers, witnessing their leader's sudden demise, are gripped by fear and disbelief. To them, it appears as though Lowell had been struck down by an unseen force, fueling the legend of Salazar as a powerful witcher.

With this single shot, Bolat unwittingly sets in motion a chain of events that would alter the course of history. His action marks the first instance of a creature killing a soldier with a firearm, igniting the flames of a civil war that would reshape the fate of the Kemeean oligarchy.

Bolat brandishes his firearm menacingly at the remaining soldiers, who are unaware that it needs to be recharged. They reluctantly release their prisoners under Bolat's command, and the Galloan guard escorts them out. As they attempt to take Lowell's body with them, a guard intervenes and swiftly beheads Lowell, presenting his head to the soldiers before escorting them away.

Meanwhile, in Mochanuete, Darko and Luka receive the report of Salazar's escape and Lowell's demise. The council erupts in anger at the news, with many members advocating for a military response to capture Salazar. Sensing the gravity of the situation, Luka interrogates the guard further about the weapon used by Salazar, recognizing its potential to revolutionize Kemeean warfare if indeed it exists.

(Arrest order of Salazar Mayhew )

Story by Enyorableroveler114

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

2.1K 35 50
Hello I'm Renneise a guy who look like a girl i will tell you my appearance for you first i have a girly looks, silver haired and blue eyed. and my o...
7.4K 215 60
Re:Monster is a Japanese web novel written by Kanekiru Kogitsune and published by Alphapolis. It was later adapted into a light novel, inspiration fo...
702K 25.3K 101
[REINCARNATION] A sudden change happens in the body of this infamous, but young beautiful sadist who no longer contains its core- the sadistic soul. ...