Office Affair (English Versio...

By MadalenaCo

"You don't talk much, do you? Don't you at least want to know my name if you can't see my face?" He looked do... More

Teaser
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 8

28 1 0
By MadalenaCo

Francesca POV

The week went by terribly quickly.
On Monday, after we had returned the memory card to Russel, Manuel and I had a quick drink in a small café.

I had then officially offered him the "you" after I had already called him by his first name several times.
He had told me a bit about himself, how he had come to the agency in the first place and that his brother was a policeman. I had a hunch that Rico's mysterious man might be Manuel's brother. I would ask Rico about it when I got the chance. We hadn't discussed Saturday night any further and instead made fun of the lecturers we knew from our studies together.
I was relieved that Manuel handled everything so easily and didn't constantly hold it against me.
I liked the atmosphere between us. It was pleasant. As if we were flirting acquaintances, but somehow we weren't.
So it was all quite harmless.

On Monday evening, I went home feeling better and had been able to look Carlo in the eye.
Manuel had given me the feeling that it wasn't a big deal and so I was able to spend a nice evening with my fiancé after he came through the door with a huge cuddly toy and wished me a „happy birthday".
For a brief moment, everything was fine again, even better.

But the mood changed when Carlo told me on Wednesday that he had to go away again for the rest of the week.
I was boiling with anger and could no longer understand these spontaneous business trips. It was as if he had only come back briefly to ease his guilty conscience.

At first I thought about cancelling Manuel and staying at home, but once I had the option of staying at home alone again, I discarded this idea and was actually looking forward to tonight.

At work, Manuel and I tended to avoid each other. This was because I tended to talk to potential new customers and Manuel got to know all the departments.
My boss Sophie and owner had already asked for feedback and I made no secret of the fact that I liked him and that he did a good job. Maybe she would offer him a job after he graduated. I thought it was very likely if he would keep up his good work.

I stood nervously in front of my wardrobe for a moment as I thought about what to wear.
By now I was going out less often and was no longer used to going out on a Friday night, especially when I didn't know exactly where I was going.
I decided on something sporty. A pair of skinny jeans with a white shirt and trainers and a leather jacket. It was the perfect mix of casual and smart.
I left my hair loose and put on a light coat of red lipstick.

In my free time, the red lips were somehow my trademark. It contrasted with my dark hair and eyes. After a quick satisfied look in the mirror, I left the flat and took a taxi to the address Manuel had texted me earlier.

////////////////////////////////

Manuel and I were standing in an inconspicuous side street. Behind him was the entrance to what I assumed was a music bar. The "El Canto" sign illuminated the entrance with neon lights.

"And do you recognise me? How do I look?" Manuel asked me, turning round in front of me.
I looked at his black shirt, denim jeans and leather jacket. It reminded me of the outfit from last Saturday. The only thing missing was the mask.
Raising one eyebrow sceptically, I countered, "Am I your style consultant? You just want to hear a compliment."

I was sure he knew exactly how attractive he looked.
His cheeky grin and the look on his face told me that he knew exactly how attractive he was.
I would have loved to smack that grin off his face or at least not grin stupidly back at him.
I didn't want to smile too. Stay serious and tough.
His grin frustrated me.
It frustrated me what it triggered in me.
The cosy warmth that spread through my body when he smiled at me.
I was so fascinated by him that I couldn't help it. I nodded in agreement with a grin and followed him into the shop.
The name Mr Sunshine really suited him.
How could you walk through the world smiling and happy all the time?

"No. You can't be serious. You're dragging me into a karaoke bar?" I squeaked in shock as I analysed the inside of the bar.

"What did you think the sign "El Canto" stood for? It means as much as the singing. Don't you speak Spanish that well after all?" he asked me with amusement, playfully elbowing me in the side.

He knew that I had Spanish roots, after all, I had told him that over coffee.

"Yes, I did. I understood that, but I didn't think it was a serious option. You're always good for a surprise," I admitted defiantly. When someone made fun of my roots, I took it personally.

Astonished and speechless, I sat down in the seat Manuel was pointing to while he organised something to drink.

I was shocked. A karaoke bar. I'd never been to a place like this before and sung in front of an audience.

"I don't think I can do it," I admitted honestly as I felt the panic rising inside me.  Why did he always put me in awkward situations?
Couldn't we have just gone for a drink without singing?

"Why are you doing this? Challenging me all the time? What have I done to you? I really don't think I can do it," I confessed honestly.

"Here, have a sip first. I'll explain in a minute, but first it's our turn to sing."
Manuel handed me a Long Island Icetea and I quickly took a big sip of courage before he pulled me onto the stage.

Sure, of course he had chosen the drink and dragged me across the entire room again. My emotions were all mixed up. I felt like Saturday again. Hot and cold at the same time, surprised by the warmth of his skin. I couldn't really place these feelings when the song "Colombia, mi encanto by Carlos Vives" from the Disney film Encanto started playing.
I had to laugh out loud when Manuel suddenly started singing along loudly and luckily didn't leave me standing there alone.
Spurred on by his musical talent, I got involved in the situation and started singing along.
I was just glad that I knew the words as well as he did. My weakness as an adult woman for Disney films finally came in handy!

The atmosphere was super cheerful and suddenly people started singing along. Manuel and I did our best and danced to the beat at the same time.
It was unbelievable!
What world had I landed in here?
We left the stage to rapturous applause and deep laughter.

"Come on. I want to show you something else."

Manuel pulled me out of the bar, laughing, and took me to a wall where there was a tree. He climbed up the tree onto the wall and pulled me up.

"Come here. Let me help you."

"Wow."

You could see the whole of New York from this wall. It was breathtaking. By now it was pretty dark and the whole city was lit up.

"Isn't that nice? Make sure you don't fall off." Manuel grabs my arm while I lean forward a little.

"Yes, very nice indeed."

"I suggest we go out for something to eat. The best sandwich shop is round the corner. D'Angelo. I know the owner personally."

I nodded eagerly. Something small to eat certainly wasn't bad.

Manuel jumped off the wall and held his hand out to me.
I grabbed his hand and slid off the wall into his arms. He looked deep into my eyes and suddenly the tingling sensation was very prominent again.

He stroked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Why do I always challenge you? I can't help it. I want your eyes to sparkle at me every time I put you in a situation. That glint in your eyes haunts me in my dreams. Ever since the first time I saw you, I've wanted more. I know it's not right, but I don't care. And if I'm going to feel guilty about something, then at least I want it to be worth it,' he said in a rough voice.

He pulled me closer to him and put his lips on mine as I tried to fight back.
But it wasn't a fair fight.
I wanted to win a fight, but his lips were so passionate and hungry that I immediately savoured it. I immediately surrendered to his lips and grabbed his shirt collar.
Wanted to hold on to the feeling.
Our arms and bodies pressed close together as we kissed in public on the street.

Time and space were forgotten for a moment. We seemed to lose our sense of reality due to the excitement.
Hot and fiery, our lips collided again and again and our tongues danced a power struggle to which I surrendered just as willingly.
I didn't fight back. It was harder to fight back when you didn't want to fight back.

Breathless and dizzy, I gasped for air and noticed Manuel's gaze.
His lips were red and there was that drunken look in his eyes, just like I felt. Dazed and drunk.

A cold breeze blew through the air and brought me back to reality as I shuddered.

"I can't do that. You know I'm taken," I said with a pained expression on my face and a brittle voice.
What have I done?

"Nobody has to know," he hinted.

I registered the sentence in my head like a bang and saw and felt clearly again.
I now clearly felt what was right.

I pushed him away from me and took a step back, shaking my head vigorously in denial.

"This won't happen again! Are we clear on that?"

It mustn't happen again.
Shit! What was I doing here?

Manuel quickly avoided my gaze, looked up at the stars and shrugged.

With my arms now crossed, I looked over at him angrily.

I wanted him to confirm that it wouldn't happen again!

He looked me in the eyes for a moment and the gleam had disappeared from them.

"It's getting late. I'd better take you home," his tone sounded bitter and aggrieved. He was hurt, because of me.

I briefly ran my hand over my swollen lips and moistened them with my tongue as I nodded in agreement. I didn't dare say more or discuss with him that I could go home alone.
The heavy feeling of my heart hung between us as he walked me home in silence.

When I found myself alone in my dark flat, I couldn't help but give free rein to my emotions and break down sobbing.

What had I done!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So the first 8 chapters are now written.Can't belive I passed the 8 chapter challenge in 4 weeks.

If you are interested in the story, please like and comment. I will continue writing then, in my head the story is almost written.

Regards MadalenaCo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 176 44
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
1M 16.9K 65
[Semi Edited ] Previously Know As 'Adoration' Book One In The Russo Series "So fucking tight" he praised backing up looking at my body as he thumbs m...
2.6M 75K 27
He swiped my sweat-soaked hair off my neck, resting his lips against my ear. His fiery breaths blew across my earlobe. My body shuddered once again...
701K 12.9K 51
'For The Mafia' Series - Book 1 of 3! ~~~ "Down on your knees." He lets go of my hair and pushes my shoulders down roughly, before unbuttoning and sh...