Starfield || •PJM• (ONGOING)

By Ravendipity

"I've always wanted to be a space stripper!" • • • [SCI FI • ENEMIES TO LOVERS] In 2330, a charming criminal... More

Introduction
Argos Miner #7903: Park Jimin
Jimin's Best Friend: The United Colonies
Commander Min Yoongi
Pirates, Jungkook, and Obnoxious Red Dust
Attack On Bangtan
Park Jimin: The Space Stripper
Jimin's Favorite UC Dog
Jimin's Pet Rock
Death & New Beginnings
Trapped with the Pirate King: Jung Hoseok
The Girl on the Battlefield
Jimin's Vacation: A Cruise Ship? In Space?
Bunny in Paradise
The Criminal and the Pilot
Serpentis
Drunk Confessions
Assault Rifles and Superpowers
And His Name Was Jasper Kryx
Legacy's End
Cuddling with the UC Vanguard
Fourteen
A Prayer for the Fallen
Park Jimin: Y/n's "Hot" Boyfriend
Vanguard Training and Daddy Issues
And So It Begins
Whispered Love
The Pirate's Parting Gift
Padauk
Dead Men Tell No Tales
A Quest From the Cat
Jimin's Favorite Color: Green
Childhood Scars
Captain Park
Londinion
Ave Atque Vale
The Disappearance of Y/n L/n

Sanctum Universum

128 37 441
By Ravendipity

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SEASON 2 EPISODE 9

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Location:

System: Alpha Centauri

Faction: United Colonies

Planet: Jemison

Place: Sanctum Universum, New Atlantis

A/N: If Jimin looked at me like that, all thoughts of strong independent woman would go out the window and I would clean his entire apartment, cook all his meals, do his laundry, and give him foot massages whenever he asked.

Anygays, remember to vote for clear skin.

☆☆☆

Y/n

Sweat consumed her skin.

Grunts and groans departed her parched, parted lips as she forced herself up. That was four. Four pull-ups that had left her exhausted. The bar was a cool metal that contrasted the warmth her bare hands felt. It was the only thing keeping her going.

Her routine had been the standard Vanguard exercises plus the pull-ups, though it was recommended by Tuala that she shouldn't do them. Did she listen? No. Stamina was her wheelhouse, but raw strength? Not as much. Granted, Vanguard pilots didn't need to win hand-to-hand fights as that wasn't their job, but it was never a bad idea to train.

She was in the Vanguard training center with Jungkook by her side and counting each one she did. Ever since he had joined their crew, he had been monitoring Jimin and Y/n's exercises. Jimin did most of them wrong, and Y/n had learned new ones that helped her with her balance. However, it wasn't enough. As she attempted to pull herself up one last time, her muscles gave out.

"You can do it, just one more," Jungkook said with his fists pumping to cheer her on.

With his encouragement in mind, she lifted herself as high as she could, but her body couldn't handle it. The liquid her skin had produced slid between her fingers and caused her to slip. A loud yelp left her as she collapsed to the floor. Laughter spilled around the room. It entered her ears and nibbled at her canals, and her brain hurt by the time they were done.

A hand offered itself to her, and after a moment, her vision cleared and she saw Jungkook was the owner of it. She stood up with Jungkook's help, though her knees ached as soon as she put pressure on them. The other Vanguard made jokes about how God wouldn't save her.

"Hey, Y/n," one of the female Vanguard pilots, Gemaline, said. She had a crooked nose and a mole plopped in between her two hazel eyes, though they were so dull they looked more like sewer water. "Do you talk to God?"

Y/n leaned against Jungkook so she wouldn't fall. She had to suck in a sharp breath before she could reply. "It's been a while since I've tried."

Gemaline snorted. "We can tell."

The Vanguard hooted and hollered and threw out more childish insults. Even as they did their training, they kept laughing about Y/n's failure and how her God couldn't help her against Terrormorphs. They made "jokes" about how she needed her boyfriend for everything and he was the reason the spaceport was saved while she did nothing.

Jungkook guided her out of the room and in the quiet hallway. The rock music playing inside the training room was loud enough to be heard, but not quite loud enough that it drowned out the serenity in the new area.

Y/n pressed her hot head against the wall and let the sweat dry. It took two full minutes for her to feel more at peace, but even when the calm came, it didn't stop her from scratching at the Universal symbol on her sleeve.

"They'll never do even half the things you did for the UC," Jungkook said, resting a hand on her shoulder. "Please don't let them get you down."

"But they're right. I've been in the Vanguard for over a decade and I still can't do a single set of those God-forsaken pull-ups."

"Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, Y/n. They can't run as far as you can."

Y/n rolled her eyes and pushed herself off the wall. "Great, I can run from Terrormorphs, sounds super helpful."

She stormed off before Jungkook could reply. Though she felt terrible for blowing him off, she couldn't take it anymore. There hadn't been a time in her life where the Vanguard hadn't monitored her. She could be practicing shooting in the range, and if she missed one shot, it'd be the talk of the town for the next few days until she made her next mistake. The cycle repeated over and over.

She was the only Universal she knew of in the Vanguard. The others had either left, died in battle, or changed to inactive duty and did training instead of fighting. No Universal approved of a military career, making them a rare breed. Y/n was the rarest. They certainly did a good job making her feel like it.

Without thinking, she departed the MAST building. There was one place she could go, a place she had been avoiding for the longest time. Maybe she could finally find answers.

The New Atlantis streets were empty as night blessed the sky. A navy blue horizon came into her vision, and she counted how many stars there were that night. No clouds appeared, so she got the best view in the city. The soft breeze and cold temperature gave her serenity she had craved all day.

With her hands folded behind her back, she went to the building she had once called home: Sanctum Universum. It was where she had spent the majority of her time growing up. While she had spent plenty of time with her parents, the Sanctum had treated her like a daughter. Up until she had become a Vanguard, of course.

Sanctum Universum was home to the New Atlantis Universals. Matteo was outside as he normally was, inviting locals in. Only some took the offer. Most ignored him, and a few cursed at him and said the Universals were nothing more than a cult.

"Y/n," Matteo said when she approached. "What are you doing here?"

"Is the keeper in?"

"Have you even met him before?"

The answer was no. The head of Sanctum Universum was known as a keeper, and there was a new keeper who couldn't have been there any longer than a year. Throughout that entire year, she hadn't come to meet him and engage with her "people." Matteo was the only one she had contact with, and that was because he was in Constellation.

"Don't worry about it, I think you'll like him," Matteo said with a smile that made his cheeks look bouncy on his face. "I've told him a lot about you."

"All good things, I hope."

"There's never anything bad to say about you."

Coming from Matteo, that meant more than he would know. Universals prided themselves on telling the truth, so the idea that he genuinely thought of her as a good person was what she needed to hear that day. At least Matteo didn't bully her. He was the only Universal who didn't. That included the old keeper, but hopefully the new one would be different.

Y/n set her shoulders and peered at the gold and white building. The golden coin-like symbol the Universals had was above the doorway. She gripped the symbol that was sewn into her Vanguard jacket before she entered the sanctum. As soon as she did, she was blasted by a wave of AC.

The interior was as tranquil as she remembered. It had two trees inside and wooden benches with no backs in front of said trees. There were bushes surrounding the bark, and she went over to touch the soft leaves. There were other Universals there. Some wore their headwear, others did not. It wasn't a requirement, though having a Universal symbol somewhere was strongly recommended. Many opted for patches, like Y/n.

The floor was concrete with golden rings painted around the space, and the gold glistened in the bright light of the room. The podium and praying circle was in the back. There were crimson pillows arranged there, but no one occupied them. All of the few Universals in the vicinity were focusing on the nature, though some noticed her come in and grimaced.

In the back corner was the keeper's office. It was small and in the shape of a rectangle, and the Universal symbol was on the wall. The ceiling for both the main room and the office was high. She'd need a ladder to reach it.

There was glass separating the office and the main area, and she knocked on the door. The keeper was sitting at his desk writing, and upon hearing her knock, he glanced up. The first thing she noticed were his dull eyes. She couldn't tell if they were gray or beige or a mix of both. The second thing she noticed were the wrinkles on his face, which made him appear older than the previous keeper. If he had hair, she couldn't see it thanks to his headwear.

With his gloved hands, he beckoned her inside, and she slid the door aside and stepped in. The walls were golden like the ones in the other room, and there were shelves on the walls that held unlit candles and books. There was a potted plant with long, frilly leaves on the top shelf.

"Miss L/n, I was wondering when you would come and visit me," he said, and his voice was quiet and surprisingly sweet. Almost as if he had gulped down a gallon of honey before he spoke. "Please, take a seat."

She sat across from him and fiddled with her fingers in her lap. "How do you know my name?"

Both of his gray eyebrows, which were as thin as his lips, shot up. He placed his black glove against his chin and tapped on it as if pondering the answer before firing it out.

He motioned to her red jacket. "Matteo mentioned you were a Vanguard. Not many Vanguard Universals."

"I should really stop wearing this," she murmured, sinking her hands under her long sleeves and wishing the jacket could bury her. "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. What's your name?"

"Keeper Aquilus. A pleasure to meet you."

She stiffened in the cushioned seat that felt like memory foam. She submerged herself in it and shifted a few times before clearing her throat. "It is?"

"You fight to protect our galaxy. That is a very noble quest, Miss L/n."

"You don't... hate me?"

"Goodness, no," Keeper Aquilus said with a chuckle. "Hate is not my path, and it should not be theirs either. I apologize if they have mistreated you."

Whether he was referring to the Vanguard or the other Universals, she didn't know, but the words warmed her heart all the same.

"Thank you. I don't think anyone's ever said that to me before."

He made a clicking sound with his tongue and crossed his arms over his chest. "The universe is far too big to worry about you being a Vanguard or a Universal or both. What matters is you are trying to live your life in the way you deem necessary."

But that wasn't true. She didn't know what was or wasn't necessary to her survival and happiness. Jimin was her happiness, but she couldn't rely on him to make her smile all the time. She needed another vessel to keep her going. The Vanguard had been that at first, but the torment made it more of a chore than a career. The Universals had made her hate her own religion to the point where she hadn't prayed in longer than she could remember. If she could take the leap and pray once again, would things be different?

Keeper Aquilus leaned across the table and motioned for her to put her hands up. She did, and he took them. It was a careful touch, almost like he was terrified of hurting her, and it was beyond refreshing to be respected by someone other than Constellation and Jimin.

"I take it you came here to ask me something. Please, do not hesitate. You have all my attention."

Y/n nibbled on her lower lip, and for some reason, tears welled up in her eyes. "I'm scared."

"Of what?"

Everything.

Jimin had unnatural powers and trauma that would take years to unpack, Constellation had a mission to uncover the secrets of the universe, remnants of the pirates remained in the galaxy, Terrormorphs were terrorizing the galaxy and they had no answers as to why, and the list went on and on. Y/n hadn't spoken to anyone about her fears, especially not her fears of Jimin.

She knew Jimin would never hurt her, and having that reassurance was what made their relationship so strong; however, she was scared he'd hurt himself. Not in the traditional way. More in the mental or unconscious way. No one other than him (that they knew of) had superpowers. Why was it him? What did it mean? What did the artifacts do to him?

Barrett had touched an artifact before, but he had no greater connection to the cosmos. Jimin was quite literally the universe's chosen one, but why? Not that she thought he didn't deserve it, but it was strange to say the least. Why did the universe award all that power to one person. What if he hurt someone unintentionally because of it? He could barely handle killing Hoseok and Delgado, two murderers. What would he do if that transcended to accidental deaths of civilians? What if he accidentally hurt her? She wouldn't hold that against him, but Jimin...

"My boyfriend," she said. Then, after she saw his face fall, "Not like that. He's an amazing person, he'd never hurt me. I'm scared for him, not of him."

"What about him scares you?"

"He's not doing well. I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you this, but the UC lied. The person who took down the Crimson Fleet was my boyfriend, and he's Freestar. They're hiding it to protect themselves and the UC's 'honor.' But that's not the problem. The problem is he had to do things no person ever should, and he hasn't been handling it well."

"I see," he said, stroking his chin. "They've made no reports about him at all?"

"Some, but vague. Only that he went undercover to get evidence, not that he was the one who stopped the two commanders for good."

"What's his name?"

"Park Jimin."

All at once, Keeper Aquilus dropped his hand from his face and sat back in his chair. His eyebrows knitted together, and his jaw slacked to the point where she could see his straight white teeth.

"What?" she asked, bouncing her leg under the desk. "You know him?"

"I..." Keeper Aquilus released her hand and shook his head. "No, not in-person, but from the news. Is he not the one who helped in the Terrormorph attack?"

"That's right. He led a team to take on one of the Terrormorphs and succeeded. He saved countless lives that day. That didn't help, though. He saw visions of me dying."

"What about you?"

Y/n stalled and bobbed her mouth up and down for a few moments. "What about me?"

"Jimin is your partner," Keeper Aquilus said, and the words came out slower than they had before. "How many of his missions were you present for?"

She stayed silent. That gave him the answer and the permission he needed to continue.

"I assume you are implying he has unaddressed emotions, and if that is true, then what about your emotions? Have you been addressing them?"

The night Jimin had woken up after activating his powers was one of the most terrifying moments of her life, and she had been fighting pirates for a living. She remembered it so clearly. It had started quiet at first, almost like she was getting brushed by a breeze, but the vibrations had snapped her awake, and she had watched as Jimin's hand had sparked up against her stomach. She had to yank him away from her. A second after she had moved him, the beam had destroyed the door. If she had been one second later, her organs would have been melted. Jimin would have killed her.

There was no universe in existence where she blamed him for that, but it didn't change her terror. It didn't change how she was a blink away from having her guts decimated by her own boyfriend.

Keeper Aquilus noticed her silence and hummed. "Y/n, you can focus on yourself every once in a while. Universals have no rule that states you should ignore your emotions for sake of others. Help others, make sacrifices, but do not lose yourself while on the path."

"No, no," she muttered, rubbing her clammy hands against her knees. "You don't understand, nothing I'm going through is even a fraction compared to what Jimin's seen."

He met her eyes, and his stare was so gentle it forced her frantic heart to calm. "That does not mean you are not in pain too."

Those few words caused a sting to ring around her eyes, and a beat later, she identified the sting as tears. They slipped by without her giving them permission to. Moisture coated her cheeks until he shushed her and wiped them away with his gloves.

Keeper Aquilus pulled back and didn't take his gaze off her. "Does he know your past?"

"Do you?"

"Miss L/n, when you are alive as long as me, you know someone's story the second you look into their eyes." He paused to grab her hand and study it. Then, he sighed. "War. Torture. Death. They surround you, am I right?"

Another tear passed by.

His chair creaked as he sat back and slumped his shoulders. "Does he know?"

"No," she said, and the words were heavy as they left her quivering lower lip. "He only knows some of it, but I don't want him to know everything. He's going through something no other human has-"

"I know."

Y/n's eyes jumped at that, but his posture and face didn't change even after saying those words.

"But that does not mean your pain is any less important," he continued, which led to more liquid falling without her consent.

Her voice descended to a series of chokes and whimpers. "I don't want to be a burden."

"Why would you be a burden?"

"Because I'm scared for me too," she said in a croak. She sucked in a breath and rubbed her fingers over her face to launch the tears away. "These Terrormorph attacks, I know where they're going. All roads lead to Londinion, and they're going to send me back. I can't go back, but I can't let Jimin go alone. What do I do?"

Keeper Aquilus gave her a delicate smile. "You are a member of Constellation, correct?"

"That's right."

"Talk to them. Perhaps you will feel like less of a burden if you talk to someone outside of your partner. I know Matteo is more than willing to listen."

That was true. Matteo was one of the best listeners in Constellation, right behind Sarah. Sarah was chairwoman, so it made sense why she was good. It was her job to listen and comprehend information.

"Yeah. Yeah, maybe."

Keeper Aquilus hummed. It was as melodious as his voice. "I know it may seem hard to believe, but you will be okay, Y/n. Maybe you can try praying again."

"How did you-"

"Matteo."

Figured. Matteo knew Y/n's struggles with the Universals and how she had felt disconnected from her religion. She wanted nothing more than to carry around a rosary and pretend she could speak to God, but she was nothing more than a mimic; she mimicked what the others did and hoped it made her worthy of God's love. It didn't. She didn't lie to others because she had already lied to herself enough. She doubted that would change anytime soon.

"Thank you, Keeper," she said with a slight head bow. "I'll try to visit more often."

"I hope you do. Please, stay as long as you would like. Talk to the others, maybe they can help."

That was a stretch, especially while she was wearing her Vanguard jacket, but it was worth a try. With that, she stood, said her goodbyes, and left the office. Outside was the familiar interior of the sanctum; however, there was one difference: Jeon Jungkook.

The one Jimin had called "bunny man" stood in front of one of the trees with his hands folded behind his back. She approached, but he didn't take his eyes off the nature in front of him.

"Stalking me?" she asked, and he cracked a bunny-like smile at that.

"Careful, your boyfriend would kill me if I said yes to that."

"And he'd enjoy every second."

The two laughed, though they had to keep it down since others were there praying and having quiet conversations. The least she could do was give them respect.

Before them was a tree she didn't know the name of. It had a weeping canopy with light brown bark. It was smooth, too. Almost as if it had been tailor made for them.

Jungkook reached forward and placed his bare hand against the bark. "I've never seen such a small tree on New Atlantis."

"Well, this is a new sanctum, it's only been around a couple decades. It's not much older than me. I remember being ten and watching them bring the seeds in."

Jungkook chuckled. "Baby Y/n helped plant trees? What are you gonna tell me next? You used to wish on dandelions for galaxy-wide peace?"

"So what if I did?" She paused to sigh. "Doesn't look like it worked."

"I'm not so sure about that. The Fleet is gone, and you're fighting to take down the Terrormorphs. I'd say that's the closest we're ever gonna get to peace."

Exhaustion overwhelmed her after he said those words. If not from her strenuous training that she had failed, then from the weight of the inevitable Terrormorph fight. The Terrormorph data from the Archive could only do so much; at one point, they'd have to go to Londinion and collect more. Y/n would be on that team with Jimin and probably Jin. Jungkook had nothing to do, so he'd volunteer for it. Whether or not they'd let him go after the Archive incident was up for debate, but she hoped he'd be there. There was something comforting about his presence. Maybe it was his pure heart, or the fact that he hadn't given up on Jimin like most.

"Hey, you okay?" he asked when she wobbled.

She went to nod, but her mind felt far away. Almost like it was stuck on Londinion. That led to Jungkook steadying her and allowing her to lean on his shoulder. Although she hadn't done any physical exercise in about half an hour, she felt out of breath. It wasn't quite a panic attack, more like a stage leading up to it.

Jungkook kept holding her shoulders. "Maybe we should get you back to the Lodge."

"I'll manage. Thank you, Kook. I know you're hurting, but for whatever it's worth, you didn't deserve that demotion."

Jungkook shrugged it off. "Commander Min lost a good assistant, but you guys gained one. I'm staying on your ship forever and ever and ever. I'd say that's a fair trade."

"You're something else, Jeon."

"As are you, L/n."

She nudged him before snickering and regaining her balance. Londinion exited her mind and drifted into the sanctum's clean, crisp air. Any weight that had been on her chest gave her temporary relief. It'd come back—it always came back—but for the time being, she could relax.

Wait. Both her and Jimin could relax.

In a flash, a plan formed in her mind. She had no idea when they'd have a break again, so she had to capitalize on it. Ixyll. That was where she'd take them. Jimin had always wanted to go to the padauk fields out in the Ixyll system, and she made a mental pact to take him there to fulfill his dreams.

All that was left was flying there.

☆☆☆

Y/n didn't know what to say.

Barrett, for once, was back in the Lodge. As was Andreja, who had returned for a day to restock and look through the Constellation mission board to find quests of interest. Most of them were gathering resources and mapping out planets in deep space that lacked data and research. Sarah and VASCO were present and, like the others, staying near the bar.

Though Y/n didn't drink, seeing the bar so full made her smile. It helped that it was full of laughter. Even Andreja, who stood in the corner with her arms crossed over her chest, cracked a few smiles and pretended she didn't.

Y/n entered and shimmied her way past the few round tables near the archway that led into the room. Sarah was behind the bar with VASCO (who was far too big and ended up knocking bottles over) while Barrett sat in one of the many stools in front of the duo. Barrett swung around in his seat and opened up his arms with his teeth flashing her.

"If it isn't Miss Lovergirl," Barrett said with a wink and waggled brows. "Is the Lodge gonna have a marriage soon?"

"I... shut up!"

Y/n huffed, and that ended with the entire group laughing at her. Even Andreja. Y/n grumbled a bit more and plopped down next to Barrett. As soon as she did, he offered her a drink despite knowing she would rather get waterboarded than take a sip of alcohol. It was the one code of Universals that she hadn't broken. If she could keep it that way forever, maybe that would be enough.

"I do not know what you see in him," Andreja said from her corner. "He talks too much."

Y/n jabbed her finger in Andreja's direction. "He's also a criminal, you two should be besties."

"If he knew how to shut his mouth, we would be."

"Well," Sarah said, clapping her hands together. "Let's talk about literally anything else. Barrett, how was your trip out in the stars?"

Barrett pointed at VASCO. "He broke my ship."

"Sir, you were the one who shot at Va'ruun zealots."

"Did not! You did that!"

"I am a robot. I physically cannot do anything without your permission, sir."

Whoever had programmed VASCO to have sass deserved a raise. Y/n would never get tired of VASCO's random snips that caused Barrett to malfunction. Anyone who could get Barrett to be quiet for even a second was a legend in Y/n's eyes. Anything Barrett had to say was entertaining, sure, but it was impressive if he ever went quiet.

"Whatever," Barrett said, blowing a raspberry. "But to tell you the truth, it was pretty boring. We surveyed some worlds in deep space and gathered resources, but not much else. It's been boring without good ole Vladdy finding us artifacts."

Ah, Vladimir, the one who never came to the Lodge. He was a hermit who isolated himself in Constellation's space station in Jemison's orbit. The station, known as The Eye, was a giant telescope that could look and read into deep space. Recently, no readings had come back, so Vladimir hadn't gotten them any new leads on temples or artifacts.

Sarah handed Y/n an ice cold water, which she took and chugged. As soon as the glass hit the counter, Sarah poured her another glass. That time, Y/n drank it slower. Sometimes she forgot to hydrate, especially after trainings. She preferred to let her workout marinate before showering and nourishing her body.

"What was it like?" Y/n asked, and Barrett tilted his head at that. "When you touched the artifact, were you scared?"

"Oh hell no, are you serious? That was the most awesome shit I've ever seen!" Barrett extended his hands in a bomb-like motion, and his eyes bulged wider than Y/n had ever seen them go. "You haven't lived until you've touched one of those puppies."

"But are you alright?" Sarah asked, but before Barrett could blow the question off, Sarah continued. "Touching an unknown object that grants you visions may sound cool, but I can't imagine it's all sunshine and rainbows. Are you sure you're not dealing with an existential crisis?"

Barrett winked. "Always."

VASCO held up his lanky index finger. "Actually, sir, you are not suffering from an existential crisis, you are in intense emotional turmoil due to the death of your husband-"

"Alright, that's enough," Sarah interrupted, and Barrett chuckled.

"It's okay, I won't start crying on you. Not in public, anyway. I save these precious tears for Mr. Fluffles."

Andreja knitted her brows together. "What?"

"Mr. Fluffles, my pillow."

Y/n didn't bother questioning Barrett's antics. That man did one of two things: 1) make jokes, or 2) somehow manage to anger every single faction in the Settled Systems... at the same time. Barrett always had someone chasing him, and each time, he'd come out on top. As much as they enjoyed poking fun at Barrett, she had to give him props: he was an excellent pilot. If he had any pride for the UC, he'd make a good Vanguard pilot.

"Did you cry to Mr. Fluffles about the artifacts?" Sarah asked, and Barrett sighed.

"You're not letting this go, are you?" At Sarah's glare, Barrett held up his hands in defeat. "Alright, alright, I'll admit, the artifacts are scary, okay? We don't know what we're dealing with. What do you guys think?"

"Perhaps a message from beyond," Andreja said, but her eyes were on the ground. "Maybe a higher power we are yet to understand."

"I wish that were true," Y/n muttered.

Barrett grinned. "Oh come on, how are we not considering the obvious? Aliens! We've explored almost all of the Milky Way galaxy and haven't encountered one intelligent alien lifeform. Does that really sound possible? No, so they've gotta be hiding and using these artifacts as a way to communicate. Maybe they're testing us to see if we're worthy of communicating with them."

"Do you think it's just one species of aliens, or a bunch? I think it'd make even less sense if there was only one other intelligent alien lifeform in the galaxy," Y/n said, and Barrett brushed the concern away.

"Who knows? Maybe they're a committee working together to test us. Maybe we're the odd ones out."

"Or," Sarah said, taking a sip from her sangria that smelled of fresh oranges. "They're the key to a different world. Maybe we're building a portal to a new galaxy, like a wormhole."

All the theories were possible, yet all of them seemed implausible at the same time. The answers they sought were still so far away, though part of Y/n didn't mind that. They had enough going on in their home galaxy to be worrying about a potential new one. Even if it were Him speaking to her, she didn't want to reply. Not yet. She wasn't ready.

"Vassie boy," Barrett said, burping thanks to all the alcohol he had consumed. "Do you have any thoughts?"

VASCO shook his head. "I am a robot, I do not technically think-"

"Who brought him to this party?"

Andreja narrowed her eyes. "You did."

Barrett pretended to be grumpy while Sarah laughed at him. VASCO faked a laugh and knocked over another bottle of alcohol Sarah and Y/n ended up cleaning while VASCO apologized and handed them cleaning supplies; however, in the process of handing them supplies, he broke another bottle. At that point, they kicked VASCO out from behind the bar and forced him to stay next to the whining Barrett who complained if VASCO so much as accidentally touched him.

Y/n opted to stand and observe the scene. Barrett had a belly laugh that echoed around the otherwise quiet bar. Sarah's laugh was far lower and more elegant, like she was trying to hold it back. Years of training with the UC had taught her that. The UC had taught all its soldiers to keep their emotions suppressed. Luckily, the Vanguard weren't as picky since they were in ships most of the time, so Y/n hadn't gotten the full training other than the basics.

"Well, no matter what this mystery is, I'm glad we're doing it together," Sarah said as she raised her drink. Y/n and Barrett did the same. Andreja didn't have one, but she held up her pinky as compensation. "To Constellation, and to all the memories we are yet to share."

They drank after that. Y/n's water soothed her and cooled her body's temperature. It was rather warm in the Lodge, but that could just be because she was close to VASCO, who was always hot.

Speaking of people who were always hot...

Two arms wrapped around her waist, followed by plump lips landing on her neck and crawling their way up to her ear. His soft breaths stuck to her skin and shot her heart with adrenaline. Tufts of his black locks skimmed by her cheek and rubbed against the side of her head.

"My love," Jimin whispered, his tone raspy. "I missed you."

"Ew," Andreja said with a fake gag and an eye roll.

Jimin flung her off. "You wish you could have a piece of my fat ass."

"I think I would rather have VASCO use me as target practice."

Barrett snorted. "He'd miss every shot."

VASCO slapped the crap out of Barrett, and that resulted in the two of them having a mini skirmish. Seeing as Barrett was drunk and, well, human, he lost. VASCO didn't need to bother with using any weapons or hard punches. His metal exoskeleton led to Barrett injuring himself each time he tried to get a hit in. Barrett ended up slumped over the bar, groaning about regretting his life decisions.

"Wow," Sarah said with a sigh before shifting her attention to Jimin. "Where have you been all day?"

"Bathroom. Was checking myself out in the mirror."

Y/n whipped around to face him. "Do you actually use the bathroom when you're in there?"

Jimin grinned. "Nope!"

Together, Jimin and Y/n sat down beside the depressed Barrett. When Jimin settled in, Barrett craned his head up and locked eyes with him.

"Why do you have a strong connection to the artifacts but I don't?"

Jimin whistled and shrugged. "The universe likes me more than you."

Barrett snorted. "No shit, but there's gotta be a reason. Sarah, did Noel find anything strange about the artifact Jimin touched? Or, at least, something strange about it compared to the one I touched?"

"Nothing out of the ordinary. Well, as ordinary as you can get with these things. Jimin's brain scans are far more active, though."

Jimin shot up and cheered. "You hear that? I have a bigger brain than Barrett! Suck it, Barrett!"

"Gladly," Barrett muttered.

Jimin froze. "Wait what-"

"Ew," Andreja interrupted with a grimace. She glared at Jimin. "Do you do anything other than annoy me?"

Jimin smirked. "Yes, I also do Y/n."

All at once, chaos broke out. Barrett howled with laughter as if he were a hyena, VASCO restarted himself to get out of the conversation, Sarah scolded Jimin for saying such a thing, and Andreja whispered what Y/n imagined were curses. As for Y/n, she put her water down, snuck out of the bar, and rushed back to Jimin's room since their door was still broken after the "incident."

Somehow, she had gotten away from whatever that was. She used a washcloth to clean her body and got changed into her alpaca pajamas. By the time she was done, she was ready for a nice slumber. Her legs carried her to bed, and her head got engulfed by the pillows that smelled like Jimin: peachy and homey. Finally, peace and quiet-

'Bang!'

The door snapped open, and in came a burping Jimin who had clearly had a shot or two. He yawned and stretched, kicked his door shut, and got out of his typical daily outfit and into gray sweatpants but no shirt. He got into bed next to her and brought her up against his warm chest.

"You thought you could escape," he murmured with his eyes half-closed. "Silly Y/n. You're such a silly goose."

Although she wanted to make fun of him for saying something so ridiculous, she wanted to cherish seeing his adorable little scrunched-up nose and tired face. So, she nuzzled against him and inhaled every ounce of his sweet scent that she could. His arms squeezed her to the point where her lungs were wheezing. She didn't mind. The way he held her always made her feel like the safest woman in the galaxy-

"Shit," he said, ripping his warmth away and sitting up. He placed his head in his hands and hunched over. His padauk back tattoo shined in the light the lamp on his nightstand provided.

She kissed his shoulder before placing her head there. "What's wrong?"

"I should go sleep somewhere else."

"Hey, come on, you're at higher risk if you're not with me."

Jimin turned and met her gaze, though his eyes were sunken by his bags. "Baby, please be honest: did I hurt you that night?"

"No, of course not."

"Did I come close?"

Lying was a sin. She still felt bad for lying to Sarah about Jimin, and that had been for the greater good. Lying to Jimin and saying he hadn't been a second away from killing her was for the greatest good there was, yet she couldn't bring herself to do it. Too many had lied to him throughout his life. She wouldn't add to the list.

She planted a quick kiss to his cheek. "Yeah."

He hung his head. "Then I should go."

"Please don't. We can think of other solutions. What about a handcuff?"

"Huh?"

She motioned to the bedframe, and though the wood was thick, she was sure they could tie his hand around it. It'd be uncomfortable, but it'd ensure his hand was nowhere near harming range.

Jimin slipped his hand between the frame to see how it worked, and it did. It was far enough that it wouldn't hurt her even if his powers activated again. All they needed was fabric or a handcuff to secure it there. However, Y/n didn't like the idea. The last thing Jimin needed was to feel like a prisoner while in bed with her.

"Maybe Noel can build a device you can wear to sleep, and it can beep if it senses your powers. It'll wake us up before you hurt anyone," she offered, and he shrugged.

"That could work, I guess. I just... I'd rather die than hurt you, honey." He hesitated, then placed his right hand on her cheek. "I'm so sorry if I scared you, you know I'd never, ever hurt you, right?"

She took his hand and kissed it. "I know. There's no one I feel safer with than you. I'll be honest, you did scare me, but that doesn't mean I blame you or it was your fault, and it also doesn't mean we can't fix it. Please stay and sleep with me tonight."

His lower lip quivered. "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Minnie, please."

He withdrew his hand and turned, but Y/n couldn't let him leave. That called for drastic measures. She grabbed his elbow and pulled him down. Then, she climbed on top of him and used her knees to hold his hips down. He gasped at the contact, and his head tilted back ever so slightly, allowing her to see his sharp jawline and smooth neck.

Alright, stage one complete. Now, stage two.

"What if I said I want you?" she asked.

Jimin coughed so hard, snot came out of his nose. She laughed at him, and he grunted and managed to get away from her for long enough to grab a tissue from off his nightstand. She snatched it from him and sat on his lap, wiping his cute button nose. For once, Jimin sat still and let it happen. When he was clean, she tossed the tissue down and placed her hands on his shoulders.

"I thought you wanted to be a gentleman," she murmured, wrapping her arms around his neck. "What kind of gentleman leaves a lady to sleep on her own?"

He didn't take his eyes off her. "Y/n, you should stop. If you say one more thing, I'm going to fuck the living shit out of you."

She grinned. "One more thing."

Just like that, he threw her to the bed and kissed her, pulling at her clothes in the process. Her alpaca pajamas came off, and for once, she didn't feel the need to cover herself. When his fingers touched her bare waist, she didn't shiver or whimper or cower away. Instead, she tied her legs around his hips and begged him to come closer. It was safe to say he did.

"I bet you'd taste so fucking good," he whispered against her. He pressed gentle kisses against her cheeks and lips in between his heaves. "Would you mind if I found out?"

Her eyes bulged. "You... you want to see it that close? And smell it-"

"Baby," he interrupted, shushing her. "I want to eat you out and have you choke me with your thighs while I do. If I start gagging, just choke me harder, 'kay?"

She could feel heat coming in two places. One was her face. She wouldn't say the other area.

"I..."

He chuckled at her shyness and kissed her one last time. "You have no idea how many fucking things I wanna do to you. I'll be gentle, I promise. And if I do anything you don't like, I'll stop right away. Does that sound okay?"

She stroked his hair and kissed his forehead. "Depends. Will you stay with me tonight?"

"How can I ever say no to you?" he asked as he stared at her with more admiration than anyone ever had.

She giggled. "I love you, Jimin."

He collapsed on top of her, as did his lips. They made out in the dim light of his room with her legs pressed against his waist and enticing him to keep going. By the time he was satisfied with how much he had kissed her, he traced circles against her inner thighs and worked his way up. Then, he paused to boop his nose off hers while eye smiling.

"I love you too, Y/n."

☆☆☆

A/N:  I told y'all season 2 would have more of a look at Y/n's side of the story, so I hope seeing her doing her Universal business and hanging out with Jungkook instead of Jimin was a nice change of pace. Jimin's barely in this chapter. This might be the chapter he's in the least tbh. I know we're all reading this cause SF Jimin is hot af, but I hope the chapter was still enjoyable even though he wasn't in it much.

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.8K 4.5K 50
"Trust me. You're getting out of here." ---------------------------------------------- It's 3029 and the world has changed a lot. Humans have a lifes...
231K 6.8K 65
📖 ❝What, baby? Am I making you nervous? ❞ He already knew the answer to that. ❝Just wait until I bend you over on that desk and have my way with you...
43.8K 1.7K 20
⚠️ || ITS A WORK OF PURE FICTION. THE MENTIONED IDOL HAS NO CONNECTION IN THE FOLLOWING ACT. PLEASE READ ONLY AS ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSE ||⚠️ "If there...
34.4K 3.3K 51
He pinned her against the wall with his hand wrapped around her throat. She coughed and scratched at him, but all he did was glare. "Say that to my f...