Fireflies // Natasha Romanoff

By MagandangAnghel18

Female Y/n x Natasha Romanoff As a kid, you've always thought your blue haired friend Nat was different. Ye... More

Prologue
The New Girl
Dinner
Hearts on Converse
Bye Bye Blue Hair
Agent Y/n
Watching
What's stopping you?
The Scars That Can Heal
The Things We Can't Forget

The Scars That Can't Heal

184 14 5
By MagandangAnghel18

PLEASE READ: I know it says weekly updates but it's been hard for me to do that right now because my schedule's changed since Love On-Screen // Elizabeth Olsen. I'm really sorry! Also I've been wondering if anyone would want to co write this book with me. If you're interested, don't be afraid to message! 

2008

Natasha's medical examination went pretty well, Nat managed to be cleared for field work despite all of her many injuries. 

Finally, there was a psych test. Then again, it was basically  a glorified therapy session but still.

You were the most worried about this one and with Natasha's injuries, your head was swimming with concern. 

You trusted Natasha. You hoped she trusted you back. 

Currently, you and Fury were standing, watching Natasha and a psychologist/therapist talk behind a one way mirror. Natasha was hooked up to Shield's best lie detector.

"Hi there Natasha. I'm Dr Grey, may I ask you some questions?" The psychologist was a friendly looking woman and made her voice gentle for Nat. Natasha nodded with a skeptical look. 

"Where are you from?" Dr Grey started off simply. 

"Russia." Natasha answers back simply. 

"What part of Russia?" Dr Grey asked, genuinely curious. 

"I wouldn't know." 

At that point, Fury looked at you with a slightly confused face. You shrugged. 

"What do you mean by that?" Dr Grey sounded puzzled. 

"The Red Room sedates every widow on entry and exit for maximum security." Nat says in her raspy voice. 

Fury mentally notes down the new information about the Red Room. 

"Well where you born?" 

"I'm not sure." Natasha replies. 

Dr Grey decides to change the topic. 

"What happened in Budapest?" 

"Y/n, she saved me. Helped me escape." 

"Y/n said the two of you just hopped on a jet. It couldn't have been that easy, escaping?" Dr Grey asks skeptically. 

Natasha stays oddly quiet. 

"Natasha?" Dr Grey says. 

"When... When Y/n was talking to the pirate guy," Natasha started, making Fury stare at you. 

"Pirate guy? Really, Y/l/n?" 

You tried to hide your laughter but also your worry because you knew what you had missed. You'd specifically didn't tell Fury that you blew up a building with a child in it. Dreykov's daughter was collateral damage but the guilt seemed to be evenly bad between the both of you. 

"Y/n skipped over something... we um..." Natasha sounded very hesitant. 

"You don't have to say anything you don't want to. This is a safe space." Dr Grey reminded. 

Natasha nodded and kept quiet, making Fury huff at the lack of information he was receiving. 

"How did you know you could trust Y/n? You don't seem to trust me and you work alone so how come you let Y/n help?" Dr Grey said somehow not in an accusatory tone. 

"I know her. Ohio, '92-95. I was on mission." 

Dr Grey tilted her head in confusion. "Not to pry but how old are you exactly?" 

"Twenty-four. I was eight when the mission started." 

You gasp softly in realisation. 

It was a mission? That's why she disappeared?  Is she why mom... 

You shake the thoughts away. 

"You were so young, when did you join the Red Room?" 

"My memory when I was little is... fuzzy. I was younger than six I'd say." 

"And what did you think of Y/n when you first met her?" 

"I... She was bubbly. When I first met her. She was smart too and slightly gullible but she was a great friend. We would do everything together. I will always remember how we would stare at the fireflies and go on bike rides." Natasha smiles for the first time while talking to Dr Grey. You smile and chuckle softly. 

Dr Grey scribbles something down. 

"Can we talk about something personal?" Dr Grey asked and Natasha hesitantly nodded. 

"How did you get all your scars?" 

"The Red Room." Natasha didn't elaborate. 

"The one on your wrist... do you mind telling me where that's from?" Dr Grey's voice was lighter than before; you could tell she was treading carefully. 

"They handcuffed us to our beds." Natasha's voice was wavering slightly, not that Fury could tell though. 

"Natasha... did you want to join the Red Room?" 

Natasha shakes her head. 

"What type of things would the Red Room make you do?" 

"Dreykov... the leader, he would take dozens of little girls and train them. Into Black Widows. They would make us dance until our feet bled. They would make us kill. It was psychological conditioning. Maybe one in twenty survive the training. The rest, he kills." 

Natasha was not making eye contact anymore. You clenched your jaw, thankful he was gone. 

Dr Grey noticed the redhead's change in demeanour and picked a different question. 

"Have you... ever been in love?" 

"Love is for children." Natasha stated almost automatically, like her words weren't hers. 

"Not even in Ohio?" 

"No." 

Dr Grey wrote something down rapidly before checking her watch. 

"I have one more question. Why do you wanna do good?"

"I... I've got red in my ledger. I've done unspeakable things. I want to help people." 

"Thank you Natasha. I think we'll stop there; thank you for sharing." Dr Grey gives a warm smile to Natasha as she leads her out of the room. 

Natasha waits outside so that you and Fury can listen to her results. 

Dr Grey looks at Natasha's chart before saying, "Natasha did well. Better than I would've thought for someone so traumatised. She lied on the last two questions but was otherwise truthful. I clear her for fieldwork but I would say she should be monitored closely until we trust her and that that she needs some therapy."  

"Thank you Dr Grey." Fury states in his usual tone. 

You had already walked out to Natasha and confronted her. 

"Ohio was a mission." You state, feeling betrayed. 

"I didn't do anything, I swear. My mission was to make Alexei and Melina look normal." 

"Did the Red Room cause the North Institute fire?" You ask, jaw tightly shut.

"Yes." Natasha whispered out. 

"You killed my mother."  

Thanks for reading! Again if anyone wants to co write send a message!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 487 28
An enemies to lovers story between y/n and Natasha Romanoff I won't say too much you will find out when you read it:)
153K 6.7K 62
As Wanda Maximoff tries to navigate a life without her brother she forms a bond with former enemy, Natasha Romanoff. The question is, will the bond b...
118K 3.7K 68
Some short stories about Natasha Romanoff and Wanda Maximoff. I do not own any of these characters. Private message me for any suggestions or reques...
37K 1K 19
The story of what could have been in the mcu with Natasha romanoff and Wanda maximoff.