And then, I met you. || Jeong...

Von mere_extra

Jeonghan's affection for Joshua was unwavering, at least that's what he thought until life threw him a curveb... Mehr

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29

9

670 58 23
Von mere_extra

The Alpha was finally back home, his mind preoccupied with thoughts of the day's tasks as he had worked late to make up for the missed hours earlier today.

As Seungcheol stepped into his home, the sight of Jeonghan sleeping peacefully on the sofa halted him in his tracks. The muted glow of the lamp illuminated the living room, casting a soft light over Jeonghan's sleeping state. The air was still, filled only with the gentle hum of the refrigerator and the distant sounds of the city outside.

Jeonghan lay on the sofa, his features relaxed in sleep, totally untouched by the complexities of their situation. The clock on the wall read 10:30 pm—an unusual hour for him to be asleep, but perhaps it was easy thanks to the exhaustion he must have felt due to their baby.

Approaching cautiously, Seungcheol's footsteps were nearly soundless on the floor. He didn't want to disturb Jeonghan's rest.

Seungcheol's eyes softened as he observed the scene—the way Jeonghan clutched the pillow close, reminiscent of a child holding onto a cherished toy.

Beautiful, Seungcheol murmured softly to himself, his hand instinctively reaching out to brush a stray strand of Jeonghan's hair.

At the gentle touch, Jeonghan shifted slightly, turning his face toward Seungcheol's palm as he settled onto his side, finding comfort even in his sleep.

Seungcheol lingered for a moment longer, taking in the peaceful expression on Jeonghan's face.

For a moment, Seungcheol simply stood there, enveloped in the calmness that surrounded Jeonghan. His thoughts momentarily drifted away from the demands of work and responsibility, focusing solely on the person before him—the person with whom he now shared unexpected circumstances and a growing connection.

With a resigned sigh, the Alpha slowly withdrew, careful not to disturb Jeonghan's peaceful slumber. He knew that tomorrow would bring new challenges and uncertainties, but for now, he let Jeonghan rest undisturbed, finding solace in the quiet of the night and the unspoken connection that had begun to form between them.

**

Jeonghan's eyes snapped open as he heard the unexpected thud sound, his pillow hitting the floor in shock. Startled, he sat up on the sofa, his gaze darting around the dimly lit room in search of the source of the noise. When his eyes settled on Seungcheol, who was crouched in the kitchen, Jeonghan blinked in confusion.

The Omega quickly got to his feet, retrieving the fallen pillow and placing it back in its spot.

Seungcheol?

Stay there, don't come in, Seungcheol's voice carried from the kitchen, a note of urgency in his tone. He was focused on collecting the pieces of broken glass from the floor, his movements deliberate yet quick.

Jeonghan hesitated for a moment, unsure of what had transpired but sensing Seungcheol's need for space. Ah... Okay, he responded softly, lingering near the kitchen entrance, his brow furrowing with concern. He watched as Seungcheol continued his task, the shards of glass reflecting the dim light of the room.

What happened? Jeonghan inquired as Seungcheol approached him after washing his hands.

Glass fell, nothing else, Seungcheol replied with a small smile.

I see, Jeonghan nodded, glancing down at the now-clean kitchen floor. Are you okay? It didn't pierce you, right?

No, it didn't, Seungcheol assured him, drying his hands with a towel. What happened? Do you need something? he asked, returning the question.

No, I don't need anything. I just heard the sound and —, When did you come back? Jeonghan asked, his curiosity evident as he looked at Seungcheol.

Just half an hour ago,"

Okay.

I was going to wake you up. It's good that you woke up on your own. The dinner is almost done.

Jeonghan noticed that Seungcheol hadn't changed his clothes since earlier. Have you taken a bath?, he asked.

In the morning, yes. Right now, no.

Why not now?

Well, if I had taken a bath, it would have taken too long, so I started cooking, Seungcheol replied. Don't worry, I did wash my hands. The food is not unhygienic, trust me, he added with a small smile, though he was clearly embarrassed about the situation.

No, it's okay. You should have taken a bath, Jeonghan replied. Food can wait. He glanced at the cooked meal from that the Alpha made. Moreover, I didn't finish the food you gave me before.

It was obvious the way it was kept in the fridge, Seungcheol smiled. You must be hungry, so sit at the table. I'm bringing it, he gestured, indicating the dinner table.

The Omega sat in the chair while the Alpha brought over dinner, placing a plate and bowl on the table and arranging the food. Where's yours? Jeonghan asked.

Mine? Seungcheol paused, then smiled. I've already eaten.

You've already eaten, Jeonghan shook his head. So why did you make it?

For you.

But the leftovers—, Jeonghan started to say, but Seungcheol cut him off as he looked at the clock. Ah, it's already 11. I gotta go, Seungcheol said, grabbing his coat from the chair and heading towards the door.

Where are you going? Jeonghan questioned, watching Seungcheol rush off.

To part time.

But you just came from there.

Version 2.0, you could say, Seungcheol laughed as he opened the door.

Try to eat as much as you can, he smiled at Jeonghan before leaving.

Jeonghan's response was cut short as Seungcheol hurried off before he could say much more. Left alone once again in the house, Jeonghan found himself confronted by solitude, a constant companion.

As he sat at the table, the shadows seemed to press closer, but he pushed back against the encapsulating darkness with every bite of Seungcheol's meal.

Eating alone was routine, yet tonight it felt heavier than usual. Jeonghan knew how to hide his emotions, convincing himself that being alone was insignificant. But beneath that facade, there was a yearning for connection, a craving for company. He somewhere in his heart wished that the Alpha would eat with him like they did before.

Despite the sadness lingering within him, Jeonghan coerced his mind into acceptance, convincing himself that being alone and eating alone were everyday occurrences, not worth dwelling on.

However, as he savored each bite of Seungcheol's cooking, something unexpected happened. A small smile crept across Jeonghan's face, like a ray of light piercing through clouds. Seungcheol's homemade meal had a comforting effect, momentarily dispelling the shadows that enveloped the Omega's heart.

With every bite, memories surfaced—memories of homecooked meals that were few and far between. Instant packets had become the norm, a stark contrast to the time and care infused in each dish Seungcheol had prepared. As he relished the flavors, Jeonghan found solace in the simple act of being nourished by someone else's hand.

It was a reminder that someone cared enough to cook for him, disrupting the solitude he had grown accustomed to.

Though the Omega trained his mind well enough to not get used to this kindness as it was momentary, totally temporary from the Alpha, just for the sake of the connection (child) between them.

**

To all those who vote and comment, thank you so much. It encourages me a lot. I am grateful :)

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

597K 13K 185
"loving him, giving him my all.... was my first mistake."
2K 167 16
Ever met a person so randomly but knew that they were your soulmate ever since you talked with them? a story where Joshua texts a boy named Seokmin...
9.5K 453 9
Choi (Hong) Jisoo always has a dream of being together with his future alpha, but what if his future alpha is his best friend from childhood?