๐“๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ ๐ฅ๏ฟฝ...

De imsoconfused_lol

๐‹๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐š ๐ฆ๐จ๐ญ๐ก ๐ญ๐จ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐š๐ฆ๐ž , ๐›๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ž๐ ๐›๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ž ๐Œ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐›๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐œ๏ฟฝ... Mais

Characters
Some backstory
1. Sunny days
2. I want control
3. My baby hurt me
4. Disappointed
5. Your life is changing
6. The Playground
7. Its all fun and games
8. Rekindle
9. Welcome to 1987
10. Old Friends
11. Broken promises
13. Come
14. Mine
15. Save the drama
16. Not It
17. Say what?

12. Secrets

10 1 0
De imsoconfused_lol

June 12th 1987

Today my grandma was throwing another one of them parties to celebrate life. She always said she did it because many of the people she knew back in the day weren't as blessed as her to live a long healthy life as she and her husband were. She was 67 and she's always talking about how happy she is that she has made it so far. There are a few people she knew in Hollywood that died some in car accidents, some overdosed, some murdered, etc. I could never imagine losing so many friends in a permanent way. My grandpas brother David died in the late 60s after being shot, I never met him though he died a few months before I was even born but I can tell it still hurts my grandpa and my grandma from the stories Ive heard they were very close and loved each other dearly kinda like me and Isaac.

Anyway my grandma went all out she invited almost everyone she knew. A few people that I knew, Rick James was coming, Jimmy jam and Terry Lewis, Jermone Benton, Morris Day, and the members of New Edition including Bobby Brown along with their siblings and parents. See the only reason Rick was coming was because Prince was still on tour and he had a show today so everything would be fine. A few people Isaac knew were coming as well including members from N.W.A. and some other people he cool with that my grandparents know.

My music video for Pleasure Principle was set to premiere today on MTV I can bet you my grandmas gonna make everyone watch the whole thing.

For this party her theme were the 50s in memory of her friends that weren't able to make it. She picked out my whole outfit with clothes she owned back then she did my hair and makeup and I look like I stepped out of movie starring Jane Russel.

"These parties are very special to me you know...all of the people I knew back then...when I reminisce it reminds me of how lucky I am to still be standing...moments like these especially I get to do my granddaughters hair and make her look just like I did..." you could tell she was feeling down. My grandma knew a lot of actresses and a lot of them didn't make it out of Hollywood alive thats why my grandma made it her responsibility to guide me and my siblings in this world.

She swiped the red lipstick on my lips smiling with these soft eyes "you look gorgeous Diamond...why if you were alive then you would've been the most beautiful woman in the world"

"I wouldn't have a chance against Marilyn Monroe or Diana Dors"

She stopped for a moment she knew both of them . Diana Dors actually passed in 84 the news broke her they were younger than her and she felt it was unfair that they couldn't be here. "They were very beautiful women yes may their soul rest in peace."

She touched up my hair once she was done she looked at me and smiled pleased with her work "well...go and look at yourself"

I got up and looked in the big mirror on her wall I looked completely different but it was beautiful. "Oh my god" she stood behind me and put her arms on my shoulders hugging me "do you like it?"

"Are you kidding me? I look amazing."

She giggled "You do...Jonathon! Come look!"

He walked in fiddling with his tie he stopped and stared at me "isn't she beautiful?"

"She is hm ...you know if she was alive back then she would've been a huge deal."

She smirked at me "I told you. Oh here let me help you"

"All these years later and I still can't get these things figured out." He laughed nervously. My grandparents had such a loving relationship with each other it was almost disgusting a married couple that never argued with each other they didn't even bicker like most old couples do they were just happy to still be with each other.

I decided to leave them in their lovey dovey atmosphere I went in my room and onto my balcony seeing everyone my grandparents hired setting up for the party. "Ay L...damn you look like a girl" I squinted at my idiotic brother his stupid ass always had something slick to say "..."

"Alright my bad my bad but aye I was wondering if you knew about Tyrese coming."

I stepped away from the balcony and into the room "why would Tyrese come?"

"I saw his name on that invitation list thing."

I walked out to find my grandma she was downstairs talking to someone "you invited Tyrese?"

She turned around with a confused expression on her face "well this party has been planned for months the invitations were sent before you and him broke up".

I groaned "grandma nooo...and you never
uninvited him?"

"Well I didn't think it was necessary. If he does come ill have him escorted out you will be fine...don't stress you'll mess up your makeup."

💿

Everyone at this party looked hella fancy. My parents looked like the perfect couple with their matching dress and suit on she almost looked like big momma (her mom).

"I couldn't help but notice your beauty from across the room."

I turned around to see Bobby standing there his accent was shit but it was funny "ahh you came." I hugged him "I had to I've heard things about these parties."

"Well what do you think?"

"I think I need to come to more of these they got all the food here"

"Yeah they go all out. Especially for these? Every damn year these parties get bigger and bigger."

"Mhm...so you invite all the guys or...?"

"My grandma did and even if I did? You act like they aren't your friends Bobby"

He smacked his lips "nah Ian fucking with em like that no more Rizz is my only nigga"

I rolled my eyes I don't understand this feud they got with each other its pointless "Whatever you say"

He looked around "look there go yo man"

"Pfft what ."

"Prince"

My ears perked up hearing his name. "Oh shit...oh shit shit shit"

He looked at me worried "what? Whats wrong?"

"No he's not supposed to be here he's supposed to be in Dortmund...he's on tour he has a show today...oh my...Rick Jam....oh my god"

"Oh shit"

"What is he doing here"

He shrugged. I watched Prince I didn't know if Rick James was here or not. Prince walked to my Brothers Kj and Chris I guess Chris was thinking exactly was I was thinking because we locked eyes with the same worried expression. "Stay"

"Damn am I a dog!?"

I walked up to them worried on what could happen "what are you doing here?"

"Mmm" he looked me up and down ugh his eyes were so hypnotic and beautiful. Stay focused Lauren. Right sorry.

"You know I couldn't miss Lillians party" again I don't know where the fuck this first name basis started but it needs to stawp.

"You have a show today."

"I won't be here for long I just wanted to support"

"Prince"

"Lauren"

Really all I wanted to do was drag him out of this house and onto a plane, I appreciate him for coming through for my grandma but I cannot take any petty arguments from anyone when this is supposed to be a party filled with love and positivity and knowing Prince there would be some bs happening his temper isn't the best at times. Rick James was just as bad if anything I like calling them Men Divas.

"You look amazing."

"Thank you."

"Hey lemme talk to you about something." He grabbed my hand and we walked into my room he closed the door and he smiled at me "what if you came back with me?"

My mouth dropped open in shock "Say what now?"

"You came back with me and you know stayed with me for the remainder of the tour."

"No" I let out a nervous laugh

"Why?" He almost frowned a little

"I don't know because I have work."

"Like what?"

"I have a performance on the 18th."

He smirked "okay I don't have a show we can go back together" he wasn't making this easy.

"Prince I-"

"It'll be fun its not like your little boyfriend would mind" I never told Prince I broke up with Tyrese just like he never told me a few things.

"Right my boyfriend...he might not but your girlfriend would" His face changed "what?"

"Your girlfriend Susannah Melvoin?"

"Lauren"

I licked my bottom lip the lipstick was starting to feel weird. I crossed my arms "uh uh...pretty serious huh? When you told me you had feelings for me she was there. I heard something in your background that night but I thought maybe it was just a random groupie or a bandmate or something but it was Susannah. What was she sleeping or something?" I smiled slyly I didn't wanna seem angry especially in front of him after beating Tyrese I told myself I would never lose myself like that again.

"Lauren wait let m-" he tried to grab my hand but I moved back. "Your relationship with her is so serious and so...so strong that you proposed. You're so in love with her that you asked her to be your wife." He stayed silent."You have a fiancée Prince. You wrote several songs about her. Nothing compares 2 U was about Susannah. Thats bullshit all this talk about my boyf- Tyrese when you have a whole fiancée."

I couldn't say I was mad at the fact that he had a girlfriend or fiancée whatever it was the fact that I didn't know about it. Like what typa shit is that you getting married and shit and I didn't know? The fuck. "We aren't together anymore." His words were simple I couldn't tell if he was hurt about it or not.

"What?"

"We broke up. We aren't engaged. Im not engaged "

"But you were when I kissed you in your limo when we almost....you were together. All those times when you would peck my lips."All he did was look at me I don't think he knew what else to say. I didn't know what else to say Prince was a cheater, Tyrese was a cheater, they all cheat. I could never see myself being with Prince after this any respect I had for him was gone.

"Can I explain?"

"I don't want an explanation from you Prince what I wanted from you was honesty I gave you that I expected the same but you've been lying to me this entire time-"

"Woah I never lied!"

"You never told me you had a woman!"

He fell silent again he took a step back. Good call I was trying to be calm but his face looked real punchable.

"Just let me explain. Please."

"I don't want that shit" I waved him off and walked away but he grabbed my arm, dragged me to the bed, and pushed me down. "Lauren Reneé let me talk." Who is he talking to? It's not me. Imma sit down though.

"I can admit I might've left out a few things"

"A few?" I questioned

"Lauren." I put my hands up in defeat. "Im sorry. I left things out that I should've told you, and all I can say is im sorry I wont make an excuse for myself. I just need you to know the feelings I have for you are genuine. They always have been. I did love Susannah I did but we parted ways you know" I couldn't tell if he was being sincere or not he wasn't the best at expressing himself I've noticed that within the few years I've known him but he tries that's all that matters I guess. We sat quietly until I heard my name and a countdown for the music video and people cheering. "Oh God" I walked onto the balcony Prince followed and you could see the huge projector with the numbers it would premier in 1 and 20 seconds.

I walked out the room and made my way outside my parents were smiling from ear to ear either excitement to see how the music video turned out. "Oh oh look its the lady of the hour come stand with me" my Aunt grabbed my hand and held it tight. I really didn't wanna see it watching myself felt weirder than weird. The video came on it started with me opening a door to a warehouse, walking in and switching on the 7 lights on the sixth switch the music began to play and family members and friends cheered on for me. It was the most embarrassing thing ever. We were only 20 seconds in and I didn't even start dancing yet but I couldn't wait for it to end, the video was 5 minutes and 13 seconds in total jeez this is gonna be painful. After looking around I looked back at the screen and saw myself put the water bottle down and start doing those fake stretches they had me do in the video. The full choreograph didn't even start I was just doing little things and people cheered seeing everyone.

After the video was done they cheered more and more and more hella white folks staring at me smiling proudly. "Oh my honey...you did amazing baby" my mom did her motherly hugs that always made me feel so warm. A lot of people hugged me actually I don't know this family just loves hugging people I guess thats where I get it from. My grandma looked at me admirably "what a beautiful way to add onto the celebration"

"Yo that shit was dope L" Ronnie said

"Nah for real Ian know you could throw down like that" Mike said after him the next one to speak was Ralph "it was dope as hell" next was Ricky "you looked good with the bangs and shit" I smiled with an awkward "please stop" smile with my eyes wide and my mouth slightly open. They were talking at the same damn almost I was lucky to even understand half of what they were saying. "Well thank you thank you" I bowed at them and we laughed "I told y'all Im the shit"

"Cocky as always" Ralph rolled his eyes and I smiled extra hard at him little remark.

"Oh my god is Brooke here?"

"Uh nah but-well Ill tell you later"

I gasped "you're staying?"

He nodded "ou yay I can bother you all night"

"Yall be doing stuff?" Ricky asked

"Hell no"

"Why you say no like that? Like ian shit."

"Cause you not. I'll be back...maybe I have other guests to attend to see you guys around...ou sing something I'll join."

I walked to find Morris Day talking to Danielle "well hello people " I smiled at them and hugged my sister she kissed my head and smiled. I've always had a crush on Morris I thought he was the finest man on earth he was like my second celebrity crush (the first was David Ruffin do not judge me he was fine in the 60s) but that fucking bird laugh he does pisses me off I don't care what nobody gotta say. I remember he did it in front of me and I accidentally popped him in the mouth with a book...it was a reflex im sorry. "Where's wifey at?" I asked as I hugged him Dani answered for him "getting her ear talked off by your grandfather"

"Ouu I bet he's telling her about his days as a detective."

"Woah he use to be a detective?"

"Uh yes he quit when my dad turned 8 to be a stay at home dad since his wife was working a lot on projects ...I thought it was cute"

"The more you know" he said while looking at them he then turned back to me and snapped his fingers "oh that video was amazing"

"Oh well thank you"

"Yeah my baby sister is a superstar it seems like yesterday when you were following me everywhere they grow up so fast"

All I did was stare at her Danielle always acted like she was my second mom, I was her kid before she had kids. "Well anyway-" I was interrupted once I heard yelling I turned around to see two men going back and forth.

"Is that-?" Danielle started.

"Tyrese and Prince."

Fuck this nigga don't do shit but argue how do you even manage to pick a fight with Prince?

Continue lendo

Vocรช tambรฉm vai gostar

196K 3.8K 24
F o r e w a r n i n g. This story contains various mature topics such as sexual content, violence, drug usage, vulgar language, etc. All Rights Reser...
6.8K 330 22
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐œ๐ฅ๐š๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ ๐›๐š๐ ๐›๐จ๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ก๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง ๐Œ๐ข๐š๐ฆ๐ข, ๐…๐ฅ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐๐š. ๐–...
19.7K 394 29
๐˜ˆ ๐˜•๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ช ๐˜–๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ข ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜บ..
29.6K 1.5K 18
"๐™„ ๐™™๐™ค๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™๐™š๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š, ๐™Ÿ๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™™๐™ค ๐™ฌ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™™๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ..." ๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ ๐™– ๐™™๐™ง๏ฟฝ...