Parallel Hearts: Fantasy Real...

By Sennotsane

The worlds of friendship, cricket, and fantasy collide in a thrilling journey of love and adventure. Best fri... More

Wisteria High

The Unexpected Portal

392 34 7
By Sennotsane

************************************

"Yaar bas ab jaldi jaldi mera bhi international debut hojaye, saare dreams pure hojayenge mere"

Abhishek mused with a wide smile, his fingers simultaneously moving on ps5 controller.

"O hojayega yaar, sabar rakh bss, mai bhi bhot excited hun tere debut ke liye"

Shubman solaced expressing his vim as well with divided attention, eyes fixated on TV screen in front and thumbs continuously jabbing the controller's button as he heard Abhishek amusingly chuckle beside him as if the sole idea gave him utmost joy.

"Thanks veere"

"You deserve it, bhai, filhaal toh yahan focus karley, haar raha hai tu"

Shubman mocked with a touch of Punjabi accent in his voice usual to how they mostly talk with each other.

They were in Shubman's room playing Tekken 7, it has been a long time since they have spend time like this, thanks to a small get together at Shubman's house for granting the chance.

"Shit, i'm so bad at this" Abhishek hissed crashing against another open attack and losing all his immunity as Shubman triumphantly hooted chucking his controller and clasping his arms around abhishek shaking him back and forth, meanwhile, Abhi just provided him a plain look, "Itna bhi khush na ho, it's not a big deal to win this"

Shubman pulled back, challengingly furrowing brows at him, "Acha? I won two times in a row, it is a big deal."

He asserted showing two fingers to emphasize his point earning a scoff from Abhishek, "Tune game hi aisa chuna hai, kuch dhang ka hi chun leta"

"Don't be such a sore loser, Abhishek, tu combined attacks nahi karta na, that's your lose point"

Shubman specified, bursting in chuckle right next moment at moping Abhishek, "Tu mujhe mauka hi nahi deta, maarta jaata hai bss"

"Fight mein mauka deta kaun hai? You have to seek it", he asserted lightly slapping Abhishek's head who grumbled, "O mereko nai aata samajh ek saath kya kya chalau"

Shubman chortled even louder, their banter was interrupted by the click of door opening, "Mama ji, mai bhi game khelunga"

Jaspreet, son of Shubman's one of the cousins, presented with a video game in his hands.

"Nahi, jassi, bache nahi khelte bardo k saath, jao"

"Par mama-"

"Jassi, maine bola na bache nahi khelte bardo k saath, abhi nahi baad mein, okay?"

"Please mama ji, Papa ji ne mere lai nayi video game kharidi hai par sade kola playstation nai hai islai assi isanu aajtak nai khel paye"

Shubman sighed, "Jassi, baad mein, promi-"

He was cut off through a harsh slap at his shoulder by Abhishek , "O dekhlen de, ki jaara hai"

He scowled at Shubman before shifting his gaze towards cute jassi and smiling softly, "Jassi, idhar la"

Jassi moving forward obediently handed the game to Abhishek who studied it turning and flipping the DVD, Shubman curiously joining him began to scrutinize as well, 'Fantasy Realms' the game read.

"Yeh toh koi naya hi game lag ra hai" Abhishek surprisingly figured knitting his brows, "Han hoga hi, iske papa software engineer hai aur kisi gaming tech company de vich kaam krdein hai"

Abhishek with his mouth agaped widened his eyes, "Acha?"

Shubman nodded as both looked down at it before again meeting each other's gaze, mischievous grin spreading on their lips. They trailed their eyes towards oblivious jassi consecutively staring at them one by one like ticking of wall clock pendulum.

"Jassi, tu baad mein aa, pehle main aur mama ji dekh toh le ki yeh game acha hai bhi yah nahi"

Abhishek proposed, Shubman instantly backing him up, "Mai toh kabse yehi keh ra hun. Jassi, tu jaa, hum tujhe bula lenge"

Jassi nodded his head before running out of the room as Shubman and Abhishek cackled high-fiving each other.

It was a combat game and as the name suggested the game was full of mystical creatures such as wizards, dragons, phoenix and what not including enchanted sceneries.

Night time soon emerged and guess what, they never called jassi, poor kid returned home and even forgot to take his game back being way too indulged with other kids. Abhishek decided he was going to sleepover due to Shubman's insistence. Even after the dinner and a long tiring day they didn't feel like sleeping, so, they resumed playing Fantasy Realms completing the first stage before dozing off.

Unconscious of the things taking place while they were travelling dreamland.

************************************

Shubman woke up with chills engulfing his body as fluttering his eyes open he sat up lazily yet urgently and wandered his hazy gaze around while embracing himself and rubbing his arms to try to gain some warmth, first ray of light blinding him but as his vision got cleared and mind registered the ambience it striked him, it wasn't his room he had woken up in but rather an unknown wooden cozy space, he snapped his head to look beside himself on the bed, finding Abhishek missing. Was he dreaming?

He instinctively studied the room once again, a large window covered with dew parallel to his bed, a study table across his bed, adjacent to a curve where probably bathroom door was situated and another door to the right of bed at some distance which perhaps led outside, ceiling and flooring both wooden, even the walls were wooden furnished.

He involuntarily pinched himself to test whether it was a dream and winced when it hurt for real. Getting down from bed he timidly ascended his footsteps towards the door, heedful as he wrapped his fingers around the doorknob, slowly turning it open.

What's with building the suspense? His mind precipitously supplied as he  swiftly opened the door getting introduced by a staircase leading the way downwards, he took a glance on left discovering another room, not caring about it he descended the stairs reaching the room which seemed to be drawing area.

A sense of relief seeping in when he saw his father sitting on a sofa and reading the newspaper, his mum cooking in an adjoined kitchen a little to the right, he saw Abhishek slumping at the entrance stairs while  depressedly holding his head.

He heard crinkling of the newspaper and his father sigh as he shifted his gaze towards him finding Mr.Gill already staring with half revealed face as the newspaper obscured the rest.

"Good morning, Shubman"

He greeted before fully removing the newspaper and keeping it aside on a small telephone table, wait, he doesn't remember having a telephone in his house, hell he doesn't remember living here in the first place.

"Shubman"

His father's inquiring voice brought him out of trance as he endeavoured to speak,moving a bit closer to him, stuttering at first, "Y-yes, papa, morning"

"Itna late kyu uthe? Don't you remember that you have to leave today for the new session of college?

Mr.Gill questioned causing Shubman to profoundly furrow his brows and gawk at him in utmost shock and confusion, squeaking, "What!? College!?"

Mr.Gill sighed standing up and placing his hands on Shubman's shoulders, giving them a gentle squeeze, "Beta, maine Abhishek ki halat dekhi abhi. I know iss baar ka holiday break kaafi kum tha par kya kar sakte hain, you both have to return"

As much comfort Mr.Gill's voice contained Shubman felt the complete opposite.

"Chalo ab fatafat nashta karlo or else you'll be late" he said turning to the side to proceed towards dining area but Shubman abruptly held him firm on spot, worry and bewilderment brooding all over his face, "But papa why would I go to college? Mai toh cricket khelta hoon na?"

Mr.Gill frowned, "Cricket? What's that?

Ground slipped from beneath Shubman's feet, his eyes widening even more he wanted to pull his hairs out as he goggled at Mr.Gill with his mouth agaped, meanwhile, his father composedly patted his shoulder again, "I understand this new session of Wisteria High is going to be tough and tum stressed ho. Don't worry, mujhe pura vishwas hai tumpe, jaise tumne aajtak mera naam roshan kiya hai wese hi aage bhi karoge, nobody can replace your rank in being number one dragon holder and a pristine warrior. Come on now, be your confident self and join us for breakfast"

And he walked away. Wisteria High?New Session? Dragon Holder? Warrior? What is he talking about?!

Shubman helplessly went and sat beside Abhishek who still hadn't picked up his head.

Another chill hit him as he winced rubbing his arms, "Itni thand kyu hai yahan?"

"Shimla mein hain hum", Abhishek answered without looking at him.

"Kya chalra hai yeh?" Shubman asked, absolutely disorientated.

"Pta nahi"

Hearing the plain tone Shubman frantically scratched his head, "Kuch samajh nahi aara yaar"

"At least tere parents toh hain, mere toh accident mein margye bachpan mein hi tabse mai yahin rehta hun, teri family ke saath"

"What?! Says who?" Shubman screeched snapping his head at him.

"Uncle", Abhishek finally met Shubman's gaze, watching the lines of perplexity slowly subsiding on his face.

Shubman attempted to say something but was cut off by his mother, "Shubman, Abhishek, come beta have breakfast, we are waiting, sab thanda hojayega"

She announced from the dining area before taking a seat across her husband, Shubman registering it looked back at Abhishek.

"Are we dreaming? Pinch kar mujhe"

He demanded extending his arm and Abhishek followed a little too sincerely causing the other to flinch and wheeze in pain, promptly soothing the stinging area.

"Shub, Abhi!"

Another call from Keart Gill gave them one more check of the persisting situation as they stared at each other impotently.

"Chal pehle kuch khalete hain fir sochenge", suggested Abhishek and Shubman immediately nodded in agreement.

Being done with the breakfast they were sitting on doorstep stairs, totally devastated.

"Yaar I'm damn sure hum sapna hi dekh rahe hain" Shubman claimed looking at Abhishek.

"Chaar baar tujhe or do baar main khudko pinch kar chuka hun", Abhishek reminded.

"We just need to hit each other harder", Shubman took a deep breath standing up and facing Abhishek, "Come on, hit me", he commanded, pumped up as Abhishek skeptically stood up too.

"Are you sure bro?"

"Yeah, then I'll hit you, fir humari neend pakka khuljayegi", he guaranteed confidently jogging at his spot as Abhishek hesitantly forming a fist was courteous enough to once again confirm.

"Are you really sure, bro?"

"Obviously, goddamnit! Hit me! Hit me, come on!"

Blood oozes out from Shubman's nose as a punch landed on it, Abhishek slapping a hand on his own mouth panicked.

"Bhai, I told you to be sure", he squeaked stretching his hands to comfort grunting Shubman, howbeit, before he could do so a harsh blow was delivered at his jaw, he growled cupping it and glaring at Shubman.

Both leaped forward, throwing punches, kicks and what not at each other.

After brawling for a few minutes and in process rolling down the low steep on which their house was situated they were now seated on bare grass, bruised and hurt.

"It's not a dream" Shubman declared, gloomy while looking down as Abhishek nodding his head agreed, "Definitely"

"Kya tu bhi wahi soch raha hai jo mai sochra hun?"

Shubman implied attaining Abhishek's heed who squinted his eyes at him.

"Kya soch raha hai tu?"

"Tsk, dragons, fantasy, magic?"

"Dragons, fantasy, magic"

Abhishek cluelessly repeated as Shubman gave him a plain look.

"The game we were playing last night?"

"Oh yeah" Abhishek's voice trailed off as he pondered, "Wo-erm....."

Shubman rolled his eyes, "Fantasy Realms"

"Yes, Fantasy Realms", beamed Abhishek and Shubman frantically nodded up and down expecting him to add something further, hopefully staring at him.

.
.
.
.
.

"Toh?", Abhishek voiced instead, seemingly puzzled evoking Shubman to glunch but speak nonetheless.

"I think we have accidentally entered the game"

Abhishek nodded, deliberate as realising his eyes widened in horror, "What?! Is that even possible?!

"Why not?", shrugged Shubman, casually, unlike to their very concerning circumstances right now.

"What do you mean by why not?! How come our families are here then? I mean your family"

Abhishek bombarded, comparatively more afraid and nonplussed than Shubman.

"I think the game happened to be a parallel universe or playing it might have prompted the portal to open resulting us to end up here, in shimla of another universe"

"Like, is it multiverse kinda thing?"

Abhishek queried and Shubman nodded earning a slap on his shoulder from his bestfriend right that instant.

"Tune Pavitr Prabhakar ki dubbing karli hai toh kuch bhi mat bol"

"Really? Mai kuch bhi bol raha hun? Then tell me, what will you say about this situation? Is there any other conclusion that you have?"

Shubman deadpanned and Abhishek thought it through, all while gazing at Shubman, pursing his lips when he found no answer, silently accepting Shubman's reasoning. Both dejectedly sighed looking down.

"We are in a Parallel Universe which includes fantasy creatures"

Shubman interpreted further,
"How are we suppose to get out then?", Abhishek expressed as they looked at each other, genuinely frightened.

"I guess we have to go with the flow?"

"Go with the flow toh aise bol raha hai jaise DID mein kisi ne freestyle karne ko boldiya ho", Abhishek half cried, "Yaar mera toh debut bhi nahi hua hai abhi, what if yahan mujhe kuch hogya toh!?", he dramatically wailed facing the sky.

Shubman clicked his tongue pulling him into a hug and patting his back, "We are in this together, we will figure a way out, Abhi. Don't worry"

Abhishek resting his head on Shubman's shoulder nodded hugging him as well, forthwith wincing and roughly pushing him away when Shubman mistakenly brushed his bruise from their previous brawl.

"Saale bhot tez maara hai tune", he snarled.

"Tune bhi koi kasar chordi nahi hai"

The other retorted as they averted their gaze in front, greenery as long as their eyes went, viridescent giant hills, pine trees dancing with a cool breeze which caressed their skin, parallel universe or their own, tranquil view of shimla wasn't bad to look at.

************************************
Hey, it's my new ishman story, hope you guys enjoyed reading the first chapter, see you soon, bye❤️

Btw, I have designed the cover, how's it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 644 10
Shopping in South Africa, an unspeakable tragedy, an unthinkable sacrifice. Will our boys survive one madman and his gun, or will this be the ruin of...
6.2K 474 6
__ใ€Œ๐Ÿฎ๏ธŽ๏ธŽ๏ธŽ๏ธŽ๏ธŽ๏ธŽ๏ธŽใ€‚๐‘จ๐’‘๐’‚๐’Š๐’™๐’๐’๐’‚๐’“โ˜˜๏ธŽ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ใ€ 5 Times Shubman learns Why he is the moon and +1 He figure out Who is his Sun. [Or Shu...
2.1K 134 7
Ishan is definitely gay and has a huge crush on their college cricket team opener and his best friend Shubman but Shubman is definitely straight and...