Ivy - A Kaylor AU

By JaureGAY4Kendrick

Taylor Swift is the epitome of a small town girl. She grew up there, is engaged to the next mayor, and has th... More

Mood Boards
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 8

127 5 0
By JaureGAY4Kendrick

Karlie

It took me a few minutes to find my parents and Kimby and let them know I was heading home for the night, though I didn't tell them it was because of a certain blonde I kept running into. The room was full of people dancing and enjoying drinks, still plenty abuzz with conversations.  I noticed Joe standing off to the side of the stage at the far end of the room, chatting with a woman around his age.

I quickly tore my gaze away and hurried towards the doors to find my way back to Taylor.  When I reached the blonde, she had a tumbler of ice and what I assumed was whiskey in her hand.  When she caught sight of me, she threw back the glass and downed the amber liquid in one go.  She set the glass on a nearby table next to an empty champagne flute and a shot glass before making her way towards me.

Her balance wobbled slightly as her ankle rolled to the side and her foot slid off the heel.

"Fuck!" The blonde yelled while reaching down and snatching the high heels off of her feet. She threaded the loops of the heels through her fingers before looking up at me, face turning bright red.

"You okay there, grace?" I asked her with a mischievous smile.
"Never better, thanks, asshole," she laughed, swatting my arm as she reached me.  I only chuckled in response and held my arm out to her.

She quickly laced her arm with mine, leaning some of her weight into me. We slowly worked our way towards the main entrance to try to avoid any more stumbling or falls on our way out. I led the blonde out to the parking lot, which she navigated while still barefoot.

The silence between us was comfortable and sometimes filled with small groans from Taylor when she would step on a small rock. Right before we made it to my car, an all-black Subaru SUV, Taylor must have stepped on something especially sharp as she let out another loud curse and jerked against my hold on her arm. I chuckled at her antics, and she slapped my arm lightly in response.

"Hey, don't laugh at me. That really hurt," she pouted, her baby blue eyes dilating as she looked at me with puppy dog eyes that would put Emery's to shame.

"Awe, poor baby," I responded teasingly, running a hand down her curls before lifting her chin so she would meet my gaze. "But my daughter better not pick up any colorful language from you, Tay." I gave her a pointed look, and she quickly swallowed in response.

The blonde's hand came up and made a quick x over her heart between us.

"Scout's honor," she promised, taking a small step back from me.

I laughed as I fished out my car keys, quickly unlocking the car and opening the passenger door for Taylor. She slid into the sleek leather interior, immediately reaching down to inspect her feet.  I ensured all of her baby blue dress was confined to the vehicle before closing her door and making my way into the driver's side.

I was immediately embarrassed that my car reeked of old Cheerios and cracker crumbs. The backseat was covered in Emery's toys, and her car seat occupied space that made Taylor unable to slide her seat back at all.

"Gosh, Taylor.  I am so sorry; I wasn't planning on having anyone in my car tonight.  I swear I'm not always such a slob," I gushed, trying to rid myself of the blush I knew was creeping onto my cheeks.

"Kar, it's fine," she reassured me.  "You have a toddler, I get it."  Her warm hand found mine over the center console.  She interwove our fingers and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. 

Fuck, that surely isn't helping the flushed state of my skin right now.  My hand felt like it was on fire, and a warm feeling spread all over my body.  I swallowed before giving her hand a squeeze in return.

"Thanks, Tay," I hummed before dropping her hand and quickly shifting the car into gear to begin the drive home.  The light from the digital display was the sole source illuminating the car, yet Taylor's diamond necklace was still shining under the low light.

As I made it onto the main highway, the time shining on the dashboard caught my attention.  It was already after ten.  I had promised Gigi that I would be home by ten so that she could get on the road back to the city.  It was an hour's drive, and I didn't want her to make it when she was too tired to get there safely.  Taking Taylor to her house on the other end of town would add another fifteen minutes to my drive each way, plus however long it took me to get her inside.

I glanced over at the blonde, whose eyelids were heavy, and her curls rested against the window.  She looked so peaceful and serene as she looked out at the poorly lit road.

"Hey, Tay," I whispered softly, trying my best not to disturb her peace.

"Hmm?" she hummed out in response, turning slightly in her seat to look at me.
"Would it be okay if you stayed at mine tonight? I just promised Gigi I would be home at a decent time so she could drive home, and your house is all the way on the other end of town. You can take my bed, and I'll sleep on the couch," I rambled on. I could feel my grip on the steering wheel tighten as the nerves bubbled up in my body at my suggestion.

The blonde simply hummed and nodded in response, her eyes never drifting from their gaze out the window.  I blew out a breath I didn't know I was holding in and focused on getting us home safely.

When I pulled into the driveway, my headlights illuminated the tan garage door as it slowly rattled along the track.  Once my car was securely nestled inside, the door rattled again behind us as I turned off the engine.

As I opened the car door, the dim interior lights illuminated Taylor's blonde ringlets, and her sky-blue eyes slowly blinked at the intrusion of the light.  I gently closed the car door and made my way around to the passenger side of the car.

I carefully pulled open Taylor's door, making sure the blonde wasn't relying too heavily on it for support.  She quickly unbuckled her seatbelt and rubbed her droopy eyelids before sliding out of the car, her heels forgotten on the hard plastic floorboard covers. 

I once again attempted to shut the door as quietly as possible before making my way to the white wooden door that led into the house, Taylor following along behind me.  I deposited my keys into the bowl along the entryway and made my way to the living room.  Another familiar blonde was lounging on my navy sectional; her hair fanned out on the cushion.

"Hey, Gi, I'm home," I speak softly so as not to frighten my best friend or wake up the sleeping toddler down the hall.

Gigi picks her head up and turns to look at me, a soft smile settling on her lips. 

"Hey, Kar," she greets warmly.

"How was my little nugget?" I warmly ask, crossing the living room to sit beside the blonde.

"Oh, she's always a perfect angel. She's been down for about two hours, and she went right to sleep. We played with PlayDough, and she took a bath, too," the blonde beamed as she recounted her evening with my daughter. I love their bond, and I know I can always count on Gigi to help me out with Emery.

"Thank you so much again, Gigi.  I won't keep you so you can get home to your new guy," I gave her a playful wink as she got up to gather her coat.

I guess Taylor wasn't as close behind me as I had thought when I heard the garage door practically slam shut.  Gigi jumped from her spot near the front door, clearly not expecting someone else to be in the house, and seconds later, I heard a loud cry sound from Emery's room down the hall.

"Shit," Taylor swore under her breath.

"Hey, it's okay. Gigi, this is Taylor. Taylor, Gigi," I say as I approach Emery's room. "Gigi, I love you. Thank you so much again. Taylor, make yourself comfortable," I add quickly before ducking inside the toddler's bedroom.

I was greeted by the screeching toddler, whose wild brown hair was stuck to her tear-covered cheeks. Her cries quieted when she caught sight of me, and her hands quickly raised towards me.

"Mommy," her soft voice rang out in almost a whimper.

I scooped up my little one and carried her over to the glider in the corner.  I held her tightly to my chest as I rubbed slow circles on her back, gently trying to coax her back down to sleep. Her chocolate ringlets stuck to her face, and the golden pacifier bobbed against my collarbone steadily.

After about five minutes of rocking, her body grew heavy against me.  I slowly stood and made my way back over to the crib.  A few more pats and I finally got up the courage to lower her down to her mattress.  She immediately rolled onto her belly and went right back to sleep.

I tip-toed my way out of the nursery, making sure to close the door gently behind me. I expertly avoided the creaky floor boards on the way back to the living room.

The sight before me made my heart beat erratically.  Taylor was sprawled out on my sofa, her golden curls wild in a halo around her head.  In her drunken haze, she must have decided to slip out of her large, surely heavy ball gown, as it was now in a pile on my hardwood floor.

Her body was barely covered by the olive throw that once lived on the back of my couch.  The tops of her breasts peaked out from the edge of the blanket, and her long legs were draped over the arm of the couch.

I could feel the flush growing all over my body as I studied the picture before me, knowing it was likely the only time I'd experience Taylor in this capacity.  I nearly jumped out of my skin when she stirred slightly and slurred my name.

"Kar," she mumbled, dragging out the r sound before dissolving into giggles.

"Yeah, Tay, I'm here," I responded gently, reaching out to take the blonde's hand in my own to reassure her.

"Kar, you're so nice," she slurs, squeezing my hand tightly.

"Thanks, Tay," I respond with a chuckle.  "You're pretty nice yourself.  Now, can I get you some clothes to sleep in?"

Taylor simply hums in response and I make my way to my bedroom to grab an old pair of sweats and a shirt for Taylor.  By the time I return to the living room, Taylor is sitting with the blanket firmly wrapped around her.  Her eyes still hung heavy with sleep.

I held the clothes out to her, and she reached to take them, our hands brushing each other. The clothes fell heavy into her lap, and she leaned back against the cushions and let out a groan.

"Need help, princess?" I ask with a smirk.

She simply nods in response before attempting to slip the shirt over her head, albeit backwards. I quickly help her turn it before her arms go through. She tugs the blanket out from under the bottom of the shirt and throws it to the other side of the couch.

The t-shirt had an old vintage Cadillac on the front, courtesy of my dad when I was in college. He saw it at a car show and thought it would be fun to get shirts for me and all my sisters. However, he didn't know our sizes and got them all about two sizes too big. It made for the most cozy pajama shirt, even when I was nine months pregnant.

On Taylor, the shirt looked like something out of a wet dream.  Surely it should be illegal for someone to look so damn good in only a t-shirt and panties.  The cream-colored hem hit her mid-thigh and complemented her pale skin tone.  As she stood and reached for the sweats I had brought, just the tiniest bit of ass peeked out from the bottom, along with her pale pink thong.

I'm sure I was about five shades of red when Taylor finally managed to pull on the sweats. Of course, she was completely oblivious to the effects she was having on me. Still in a drunken daze, she flopped back on the couch and pulled the thin throw back around her.

I walk quickly to the hall closet, take the time to collect myself, and take a deep breath. 

Taylor has a fiancee.  Taylor is straight.  Taylor is the one friend you have in this town.

I shake off any other thoughts as I grab an extra comforter and return to the blonde, who has made herself comfy on my couch.  I unfold the blanket and drape it over her frame.  As I go to stand back up straight, Taylor grabs onto my wrist.

"Karlieeee," Taylor whines, keeping a firm grasp on my wrist.

"Taylorrrr," I mock back to her, moving to sit beside her on the floor.  She clearly wasn't going to let go of my wrist anytime soon.

"You smell so nice," she slurs, her eyes fluttering half shut.  Her grip loosens, and I take the opportunity to pry her fingers free of my wrist.  Taylor has other ideas, though, when her long digits immediately thread through my own.

I chuckle in response to her drunken ramblings.  It was nice to see her so carefree, a stark contrast to the usually well-put-together Taylor I was used to, albeit still clumsy.

"You should get some sleep, Tay," I encourage, giving her hand a light squeeze.
She hums in response and burrows further into the blankets, still not dropping her hold on my hand.

"I like this," she sighs, her face half-hidden by blankets.

"Like sleeping on my couch?" I ask with a teasing tone to my voice.

"Like you holding my hand.  'S nice," she mumbles, her eyes fully falling shut.

I could feel my heartbeat in my palms, and I'm certain Taylor could feel it, too.  I prayed that my hands were not as sweaty as I thought they were.  None of this seemed to affect Taylor, though.

The blonde beauty kept her eyes closed, and her breathing slowly evened out. Once her grip on my hand dropped, I knew she was fully asleep. I carefully tucked her arm under the covers before moving to stand up.

I smoothed the covers around her one more time.  I brushed a couple of wild curls out of her face and admired her sleeping form.  She looked so at peace with the world at this moment.  No worries, no stress.

I leaned down and placed my lips to her forehead, leaving a gentle kiss on her pale skin.

"You're going to be the death of me, Taylor."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 4.3K 24
"Kloss, I have a new client for you." "What's the name, boss?" "Taylor Swift." "Wait.. as in THE Taylor Swift?" "Yes, her life is in great danger." "...
123K 3.3K 27
Singer- songwriter Taylor Swift has never been particularly lucky in love, so much so that she has become a lonely shadow of herself. However when sh...
54.5K 2.9K 200
This is a collection of Kaylor jokes. I saved all the dirtiest jokes for you. Enjoy! Do you get the jokes? Thanks for 10K readers. Thanks for readin...
65.4K 2.7K 42
"All along there was some Invisible string Tying you to me?" Avery Bexley has a pretty casual life compared to other actors in the acting industry. s...