Can't I go back to being ordi...

Bởi Horikemo

Y/n is a pretty ordinary guy he's only 21 so not too old, yeah he's one of the most popular youtubers and str... Xem Thêm

Introductions/Info
Chapter 1 - humble beginnings
Chapter 2 - welcome to hololive !
Chapter 3 - lets meet more friends
Chapter 4 - there's still more !?
Chapter 5 - stargazing revelation
Chapter 6 - a month worth of memories
Chapter 7 - the decision
Chapter 8 - a love what ?
Chapter 9 - confession, confrontation and a collab !?
Chapter 10 - when voices clash
Chapter 11 - it's about "Time"
Chapter 12 - a date it is, but why ?
Chapter 13 - bowlin' up a storm
Chapter 14 - trust for the wrong person
Chapter 15 - stage fright
Chapter 16 - bad timing
Chapter 17 - just what are you up to ?
Chapter 18 - the banquets uninvited guest
Chapter 19 - the truth is hard to swallow
Chapter 20 - what is a "savior" ?
Chapter 21 - let's get rid of those shackles
Chapter 22 - always by your side...
Chapter 23 - from me... to me
Chapter 24 - final dance
END - the person I love is...
Closing thoughts - Horikemo ranting !
Bonus - it always was just an act after all
Bonus 2 - ...wait we're still continuing this show ?
25k reader special - QNA !

??? - it's elementary, my dear.

216 7 96
Bởi Horikemo

Finding themselves together in a vast and ever expanding library were two individuals, one of which seemed more familiar than the other, without a single word exchanged so far the two walk around, until the cloaked figure tugs on the others clothing.

At first there didn't seem to be much of a reaction coming from him, but a few seconds later after having taken another good look around he turned around and smiled, a hint of curiosity in his eyes.

Horikemo: "Please, don't try to overdo it, I know it must be pretty hard breathing in this place or even talking... if you're capable of that right about now, which then again it would make sense if you couldn't."

The cloaked individual opened their mouth only for no words to leave it, instead they couldn't do anything but cough at first, warranting a sigh from Horikemo as he pat them on the back.

Horikemo: "Like I said, don't overdo it..."

Horikemo: "It'd be a shame if the first visitor since... who knows how long now died on me !"

A concerned expression was on their face, for the most part it could only be read through the way their mouth tilted, the eyes that scanned around the area were no where to be seen, hidden behind a shadow created by the hood.

Horikemo: "I'm kidding, it's not like you really can die here either way, then again there is... ah- I shouldn't mention that, I apologize !"

Horikemo: "Come, sit down, take a breather and let's rest up a bit, then we can continue our search."

Slowly nodding they sit down, gasping for air as Horikemo smiles and kneels down in front of them, after a flick of his wrist he held out a bottle of water, which without wasting much time the other party took and took a sip of, seconds later it was already half empty, the cap laying somewhere on the floor no where to be found.

Horikemo: "So, is the water uh..."

Horikemo: "...Watery... enough ?"

Horikemo: "What... does that even mean ?"

Horikemo: "Man, you know sometimes I should bother thinking before acting or speaking, but then again that's how I got myself into this situation, so isn't that just ironic eh ?"

???: "...Yes."

The voice that had escaped them sounded rather raspy and forced, clearly something was trying to stop them from talking more, but despite the odds they pushed on.

Horikemo: "Oh you can talk now, isn't that just... great !"

???: "You don't..."

Before finishing their sentence they started coughing, a bit of the water had dropped onto the floor, while Horikemo just stood there with a smile, waiting.

???: "...Sound very thrilled."

Horikemo: "Well I didn't think I'd be talking to what is basically a human canvas !"

Horikemo: "Actually you aren't even human... you're just a blank canvas... waiting to be painted upon by someone else, a artist perhaps ?"

Horikemo: "Or maybe you have to be the one to paint your own story... oh how thrilling !"

???: "What...?"

Horikemo: "How do I say this... you're basically just a "shell" let's call it that, for the time being you're nothing, no one if you will, but there's ways you could become "something" !"

Horikemo: "But until then I'll call you... Blank !"

Horikemo: "It's a fitting name I believe, that is until you find a purpose and give yourself a name, so on... oh this is just beautiful, to think I'd get to witness a event like this !"

Blank: "I... don't get it..."

Horikemo: "That's fine, you don't have to !"

Horikemo: "Instead let me see..."

With that usual smile he stands up and walks up to a bookshelf, muttering to himself until he finally picks out a book and nods, tossing it over to the "empty canvas", but instead of attempting to catch it they just stare at it, watching it fall in front of them, followed by a unamused expression from Horikemo.

Horikemo: "While I do want to send you on your way and have you create something greater, that just won't do for now."

Horikemo: "First, I'd like to introduce you to a classic story I enjoy !"

Horikemo: "But while that would be fun I have to entertain myself as well... perhaps it's time explore what could have been a possibility !"

Horikemo: "Yes, yes delightful !"

Horikemo: "After we do this I'll be sure to give you proper instructions to get "there" !"

Blank: "Uh... okay...?"

Blank: "How does any of this work though ?"

Horikemo: "Great question my friend, allow me to teach you !"

Blank: "...Please stop talking like that."

Horikemo: "Ugh... you're no fun..."

Instead of giving much of a answer, Blank just coughed while looking up at Horikemo who sighed and kneeled back down, grabbing the book that had previously been thrown and not caught.

Horikemo: "Well thankfully we have everything needed either way, two participants and the story, in this case you won't be well... you, instead you'll be experiencing this from the perspective of... someone else, let's just say that !"

 Horikemo: "Now then, I intended to make... three of these special chapters, as a thank you to those that supported me !"

Blank: "Who are you talking to-"

Horikemo: "Shush canvas !"

Blank was bonked on the head with the book in Horikemo's hand as he then smiles and turns back to face whatever or whoever he was talking to.

Horikemo: "But, since I don't want to keep everyone waiting on me forever and I have other things that need to be worked on as well, I decided to release the first of three "specials" already, the other two will definitely take some time to come out so... don't get your hopes up please-"

Blank: "No seriously WHO are you talking to !?"

Horikemo: "The voices in my head, now let me finish what needs to be said !"

Horikemo: "Ahem... yes, most of what I wanted to say has been said, but I hope this chapter shows my appreciation for the continued support from everyone, at the same time I think this clears up some questions that may have been previously left unanswered !"

Horikemo: "And that's all... thank you as usual hololovers, please have a great day, amazing life and stay hydrated !"

Horikemo: "Perhaps I'll see you somewhere else eventually !"

Horikemo: "Now then..."

With a smile he raises the book while Blank could do nothing but watch, with a forced smile, concern in his eyes.

Blank: "H-Hey you're not going to-"

Horikemo: "And let's begin !"

The last thing seen was the book being lowered at a rapid pace, until...

*POV Amelia Watson:*

'This... is the pinnacle of our research, for three years now I have been working with him to figure out if what we're seeing is true, a way to revolutionize the world once and for all.'

Amelia: "So let me get this straight... you're telling me THIS is the solution we've been working towards for three years !?"

I slowly approach the blackboard with a confusing equation on it, my puzzled look didn't go unnoticed by the man I dubbed "Leader", it was a odd name seeing as he had been my only accomplice in this journey, but it felt respectful, fitting even.

Leader: "Precisely, with this we could create the biggest change in history, a power so great if we manage to harness it there'd be much fewer problems in the world, no threat of a loss of energy, medical care would become as simple as snapping your fingers, the list goes on."

Amelia: "But wouldn't that also ruin the lives of many...?"

Leader: "Please elaborate Watson."

Amelia: "Well, no offense... but if no one would have any problems that concern their health, let's say if someone gets a cold and it's as easy as you say, wouldn't that cause quite a few changes ?"

Amelia: "There'd be no need for doctors, the healthcare industry would die down, medicine would be of no use, people will lose their jobs... a lot of people would lose their jobs, thus creating a more dillemma, if we do pull through with this how would they make any sort of money ?"

Amelia: "Rent, food, luxuries... they still have to afford all of those don't they...?"

With a sound of curiosity he approaches the blackboard as well, giving me a glance before nodding and smiling, a rare sight seeing as for the most part he'd always keep up that same serious expression, especially when we had been working.

Leader: "But you see..."

He picks up a piece of white chalk and creates a line to a new section, where he draws a circle, inside of which he wrote "THE NEW", proceeding to branch draw more lines coming from it.

Leader: "Just because we could harness this power it doesn't mean that we have it on low maintenance, those people that truly have lost their jobs could help here, after all we'll need all the hands we can get if this is what humanity will rely on."

Leader: "Day and night we'd need them to work, of course that means swapping one another out when necessary, we can't be inhumane, after all; if we don't have the people on our side there's no reason to keep going."

Leader: "Two people alone can't make sure it all functions properly, so that would mean recruiting people, convincing them the idea isn't but a fluke, show evidence and thus... we get more workers, people who lost their jobs have a new occupation, one that might pay even more and Watson, my dear, perhaps some day we as a whole can leave "money" and "status" behind us all, creating peace once and for all."

'...He's saying a lot of words and things generally speaking, but in the end he keeps just saying the same thing differently... or maybe I'm misunderstanding it...?'

'No matter, this is my accomplice, I need to have some faith in him !'

Amelia: "This is... a really big gamble we're taking though, aren't we ?"

Amelia: "If this goes wrong wouldn't that mean it's the end of the world as we know it ?"

Leader: "Well of course that is a gamble we have to take."

He sighs and puts away the chalk, proceeding to walk over to the far left window where I join him, the rain had been pouring for hours on end now and yet children played outside, enjoying themselves despite the harsh weather conditions.

Leader: "But when has something not been a gamble ?"

Leader: "You knew the stakes we're taking upon agreeing to join me, I told you there'll be times when we will question what we are truly doing, that there may come a time we lose ourselves, our humanity even, but you shook my hand, saying there's nothing in our way that will ever stop us, that together we will make the world a better place, one rid of all disease, of all pain, of all conflict, of any uncertainty."

Amelia: "Uncertainty huh..."

As he said that the sound of a crackling fire followed by screaming was heard inside my head, a reminder of my past failures... my... biggest failure, so to speak, the only reason why I had chosen this path to become a detective, eventually leading me here, to the point where I'd want to change the world.

'How long has it been since then...?'

'No matter what I can't change the past, not now, not ever... but I can prevent history from repeating itself...'

Leader: "Miss Watson, you never did tell me the entire story of why you wanted to join, only bits and pieces I have to put together like a puzzle, while the idea is enticing and interesting, you must understand a man of my age can't be bothered to play a game such as this, so please do go ahead."

Amelia: "Huh- I... guess I really did do that ahaha..."

Amelia: "Are you really sure though...?"

Amelia: "I mean, it's not something that a lot of people know about or... should know for a fact, sure I'll gladly tell you after all we've built a bond over the time !"

Amelia: "But... it just feels like I'd be burdening you."

Leader: "Oh please, I'd be honored to carry the burden alongside you and must I remind you that this old man has seen and heard quite a few disturbing things, some that may even be of concern to you haha !"

Amelia: "What is that supposed to mean !?"

Leader: "In short, there's no reason to hesitate if you are worried about burdening me, we have all the time in the world, last thing left to do is seek out "her" and rid the world of the poisonous thorn in it once and for all."

'That sounds so suspicious...'

'By poisonous thorn I'm assuming he... means the suffering we've created right ?'

'Some limitations of course always will have to be made, but the more years pass, the more it feels like people have stopped working together, it's no longer everyone with another, it's more... everyone against one another...'

Amelia: "Well... I grew up in a rather prestigious home with no one but my mother, father and brothers, there's actually a lot of injuries I have from back then, things like well... hearing loss, being bitten by not only multiple dogs, but also a cat once, I still remember when my older brother threw a soccer ball at my face, it hurt like hell and knocked out three of my baby teeth, what a literally bloody mess..."

Amelia: "I... still remember all the things we did, even if they were looked down upon by my parents, we'd go outside and play even when told we're grounded, somehow he and I managed to sneak out every time, then upon being found out we'd apologize prefusely !"

Amelia: "My mother was... on the more gentle side, she would look the other way a lot of the time when it came to things like this, it's just she worried about us when we did leave without telling anyone and who could blame her ?"

Amelia: "Your two kids suddenly disappeared and are god knows where !"

Amelia: "As for my father well, he seemed like a strict man through and through, but you could tell he deeply cared for us, while I want to say he had a soft spot for our mother, he must have had one for us as well, when we did something stupid and broke a rule he'd scold us of course, say how our actions have consequences and that he'd punish us for that later."

Amelia: "Other than grounding us though there wasn't much he did do in terms of punishments, maybe every now and then you'd be forced to sit in a corner for a few minutes, told to be quiet, but that's a pretty regular thing to do with kids I think."

Amelia: "I even remember breaking my arm once, I think it was back when... I was four ?"

Amelia: "It was christmas when I was swinging between two chairs, too young and dumb to know I was doing, which... resulted in me breaking my arm, funniest thing of all though no one realized !"

Amelia: "Never bothered telling anyone either, part of me thought I might have gotten scolded for it and another was worried we'd stop all celebration just to rush me to the hospital, didn't want to get rid of that festive spirit... also I really cared about the gifts at the time."

Amelia: "And I never got to see my grandparents much other than that, so any moments I could spend with them mattered, my reason for not telling anyone was justified !"

Leader: "You've lived quite a life haven't you ?"

Amelia: "Well that's not even a fraction of all the things I experienced, one time my brother tried to microwave a plastic toy leg, he wanted to see if he could make it bend and... long story short, he set fire to the house and I nearly died because I'd been hiding in a closet haha !"

Amelia: "I... I wish it stayed like that forever..."

Leader: "I'll take it something must have happened that split your family apart perhaps ?"

Amelia: "Well... a few months after the birth of my little brother my mother fell ill, my entire family did anything we could to support her treatment, to cover the bills that started racking up, eventually it got so bad my father started working two jobs, my brother took up anything he could at the time, mowing lawns of people, being a babysitter and so on, of course I tried to help as well, to the degree I could..."

Amelia: "Even when times got tough we'd find ourselves together as a family when it mattered the most, we would have family nights in the hospital my mother stayed at, played board games, whatever was provided and we were able to afford, no matter how dire the situation was, we stuck together, we couldn't be separated and smiled through everything, as long as we were together nothing was impossible."

Amelia: "That... that is until a certain day I'll never forget..."

I clutch my right hand tightly, grabbing at the coat I usually wore, my teeth had been gritting against one another as it took everything in me to not break down right about now.

Amelia: "Not long after my mother was discharged from the hospital I had watched everything we built go down in flames, it... wasn't due to some accident caused by a member in our family, it... was worse."

Amelia: "I had come home from school at the time when I saw the place we resided set ablaze, nothing was left, no valuables, no keepsakes, nothing to remember my family, but the worst of all well... I lost my everything... my family."

Amelia: "To pay the bills my father had taken up a deal with some loan sharks, we were in desperate need of money so what else could he have done..."

Amelia: "It seems though as if everything had caught up with him, we didn't make enough money, at least fast enough for them to be happy, so they got back what they wanted their way, with dire consequences."

Amelia: "...I... I can still hear the sound of the crackling fire, it mocks me, laughs at me, telling me I wasn't good enough, that if only I worked harder this could have been avoided, I... regret what I did in the past, not spending more time with them, not cherishing every moment we spent, taking days off where I didn't attempt to make any money, just to have some fun..."

Amelia: "I'm sure my parents would tell me it isn't my fault, my older brother would laugh at me for being so pitiful, yet provide the most solemn company, my little brother without knowing it would make me smile..."

Amelia: "The... orphanage I stayed at wasn't a bad place, but it wasn't the best either, I never did befriend anyone, instead I kept to myself, the caretakers tried to get me to open up, but to no avail, when another family finally took me in I did what was at the time correct to me, speaking only as much as necessary, not talking about what happened, studying more than ever to get good grades, all so I could one day become a detective."

Amelia: "Of course my intentions were obvious, I did all of this just so I could seek out the people who took my everything, when all was said and done my revenge was by having law enforcement take them, even if I wanted to take their life myself, even if my blood was boiling I'd be no better than them if I did so, in the end... I let the justice system take care of it."

Leader: "That's quite commendable of you."

Amelia: "Hah... leave the flattery at the door please, I don't deserve it."

Amelia: "I think even if what I would have done felt right, felt... good even, now I'd regret it, any chance of living a normal life thrown away for revenge, something my family would scold me for."

Leader: "Well, I'm quite happy you were able to talk about this with me Miss Watson, I truly do feel honored knowing you're comfortable enough to open up."

Amelia: "Yeah it... feels kind of nice actually, knowing that I'm not just carrying this around alone anymore... thanks, Leader."

Leader: "Oh please, I told you to call me by my name, not a title or status you believe to be true."

Amelia: "Would... you be mad if I said I forgot it hehe...?"

Leader: "That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest and yes, I'd be furious, fuming with rage even, such a severe crime cannot go unanswered."

Amelia: "Sorry, I just got so used to calling you Leader that at some point I just stopped thinking about your name entirely since it meant little to nothing !"

Leader: "That's quite... hurtful, but honest."

The children that had been playing outside left the area, finding the weather to eventually be too much for them, after a sigh Leader walked away and grabbed a notepad, writing something down before ripping it off and handing it to me.

Leader: "My name, F/n L/n, is on there, don't forget it again."

I stare at the small sheet of paper and nod, the exact information he had just given me was on her as well, after folding it in half I put it away.

Leader: "I'll look away just this once, but forget my name again and there'll be a serious talk to be had."

Amelia: "I won't forget Leade- F/n, I promise !"

Leader: "That's L/n to you !"

Amelia: "YES- right L/n !"

Leader: "Good riddance Watson, we're not on a first name basis, no matter how much I respect you, it just isn't proper in a workplace such as this."

Amelia: "Right- right, sorry sir !"

'This... is it right ?'

'We've done it, we've... figured out what needs to be done, all that's left to do is to act out on it.'

"Well this is the right thing to do !"

...

"Sacrifices will always have to be made... right ?"

...No... that's...

"Even if it hurts, this is for the greater good."

Stop... stop lying, please I...

"...This... won't hurt her right ?"

A smile creeps up my face.

All the while a nostalgic smell lingered in the air.

That same smell triggered a sense of euphoria in me, a high almost.

Nothing ever did last long though...

The same feeling that had made me smile just now quickly faded away, followed by the sound of crackling fire.

"Are you happy with the decisions you've made ?"

'Happy ?'

'...No, in fact I'm... how do I feel about this...'

"I said... ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THE DECISIONS YOU'VE MADE !?"

I was staring down at the same person that had ruined my life once before, the loan shark who seemed to have instigated the "hunt" for my family, the reason I went down this path, around us fire was devouring everything, the crackling wasn't haunting, but soothing for once, although it was hard to I stared him down with a smile, he was much taller than me and in the end I was nothing but a child.

"..."

"...Hah..."

"...That's how you see things huh ?"

But things were different, this wasn't a loan shark, I wasn't a child, no... at this point I'm a adult and laying down on the floor, unable to move was none other than the "Leader", F/n, if you will.

Leader: "There it is... you're finally looking at me."

Leader: "Come on now, don't be shy, say something, TELL ME why you did this !"

Amelia: "..."

Leader: "There was no reason, was there, you just did this for your sick and twisted pleasure, didn't you !?"

Amelia: "Leader, F/n if you will... it's... elementary, isn't it ?"

Amelia: "You are aware of why I've done what I have today, your deluge of insanity had to end one way or another, simply put, I'm not going to let you write "history" this way."

Leader: "There'll always be a next... there'll always be a successor."

Leader: "Do you really think this is the end !?"

Amelia: "Yes... yes it's the end of this era, I'm writing the final chapter of the story we've started together... alone, I don't know exactly what happened to you and if the ancient ones are the reason behind this, but one way or another this can't keep going..."

Leader: "So THIS is your solution !?"

Leader: "Killing me once and for all ?"

Amelia: "I... I suppose so."

Leader: "And you didn't even have the audacity to properly stain your own hands... pathetic."

With a sigh I turn around, a clear path had been left for me, a bittersweet taste of irony was in my mouth simply upon seeing it, but why hesitate, without thinking much about it I took step after step forward, upon finding myself outside I walk to the nearby park, not much left to do I just sat there, staring up at the stars wondering what my purpose now is.

???: "Ey there mate !"

A girl hiding herself with a hood walked up to me, a sharp grin immediately told me that she'd be up to no good, upon getting close enough she sat down and raised her arms up, keeping them on the upper part of the bench, her legs crossed one another while she just stared straight ahead presumably.

???: "Ya don't mind if I join yo eh ?"

Amelia: "Be my guest."

'This doesn't seem like good news to say the least.'

???: "Great, great !"

???: "Now say what are ya all alone for hm ?"

Amelia: "No real reason, I just have nothing better to do."

???: "Pahahaha! Guess burnin' down a whole ass buildin' really takes a lot of energy don't it ?"

"How do you know that ?"

My eyes immediately darted over to her, the words I intended to say never did escape my lips, but it seems despite all of that she understood every single thing.

???: "Let's just say I was watchin' for a bit, but don't ya worry I ain't no snitch, I'm just a rat !"

???: "Specifically, Hakos Baelz, call me Bae will ya ?"

Amelia: "...Chaos herself has followed me, again how ironic..."

Baelz: "Don't make it sound like a bad thin' !"

Amelia: "But it is, isn't it ?"

Amelia: "Not like you can relate either way, you thrive in a enviroment like this after all."

Baelz: "...Bruh."

Baelz: "Ya know... here I thought you an' I could be great friends !"

Baelz: "I even gotcha a lil welcomin' gift."

Amelia: "Hah...?"

Amelia: "Why would I of all people want to befriend you...?"

Baelz: "Let's just say... it'd be a lil' beneficial to ya !"

She lowered the hood, a pair of blue eyes stared at me all the while that grin never left, the sharp teeth showed off didn't scare me, although something caught my eye personally... it was a pocketwatch she started swaying from side to side, golden, with a handlebar moustache on it... of course I knew what this was...

Amelia: "...Isn't that...?"

Baelz: "I ain't tellin' if ya promise to not tell 'er either !"

Amelia: "..."

"The power to change the past, to tinker with time in order to create a future you can love, one where everything you desire is yours, that's what a simple watch could hold, but to mess with it would mean to mess with everything that is written in stone, thus you'd challenge the Warden of time herself."

'...The very thing I want- no... the very thing I need to change everything, to erase every mistake, to... create the ideal future for me, one where my family and I are happy, one where the Leader never turns mad... it's here, in front of me...'

'All I have to do is grab it with these very hands of mine, so why... please do tell me...'

'...Am I shaking ?'

My stretched out hand was going to grab it, yet something was stopping me, my gut told me not to trust her, a deal such as this was too good to be true at least without some kind of downside.

Baelz: "What's wrong, aren't ya just ecstatic to have the very thin' ya desire !?"

Amelia: "...What's the catch ?"

Baelz: "The catch of the day is a nice fresh salmon !"

Amelia: "Don't play jokes with me, trickster."

Baelz: "Ya ain't no fun..."

With a casual flick of her wrist she launches the pocketwatch up, catching it in her hand all the while her grin widened, her eyes closed upon leaning back and sighing.

Baelz: "In the near future... ya will owe me a favor, one that'll help me have a lil' more fun !"

Baelz: "Plus I look forward to watchin' ya struggle and writhe, like a cute lil' worm !"

'Owing chaos a favor... only a fool would do such a thing...'

She held out the pocketwatch once more, a single eye open staring at me, the grin from before was gone, replaced by a rather serious expression, unbefitting of her.

'And I...'

'Am a fool.'

I grab the pocketwatch and nod, staring at it, it was... mesmerizing almost, the cold steel at my finger tips sent a spike of joy through my body, it was a feeling I had forgotten for a while now, while I never intended to lose sight of the things most important to me, but I couldn't help it.

Baelz: "Glad we could come to a understandin' !"

Baelz: "Now I'll be on my merry fuckin' way aite ?"

Baelz: "And you... better not disappoint."

Upon looking back up at her, she was grinning again, her eyes on the other hand felt as if they were mocking me, yet I couldn't care one bit, this is all I needed to set my plan in motion, no one... nothing, would stop me now.

"And thus... my new life had begun."

The rain was pouring once more, a familiar, nostalgic sound comforting me in these times as I reminisce, my way of speaking had changed quite a bit over the years and failed attempts, no matter what I did, there was no real way of changing what was destined to be.

Amelia: "Watson Amelia is destined to lose her family, the catalyst that spirals her down the path of becoming a detective..."

A sigh escapes my lips as I look out the window, the reflection looking back at me was less than pleasant, it seemed rather sad, a frown on her face which meant I too had one.

Art: https://twitter.com/quasarcake/status/1572024797256888321

Ever since I've gotten the pocketwatch I had tried numerous things all to save my family, but it all didn't matter, we could be rich, live our lives in poverty, be the middle class, terrible people, good people, neutral, take up debt, make no friends, live in a secluded area, it all didn't change the fate befitting of a Ame, no matter who it was, they were destined to lose their family.

Amelia: "...Maybe... that's why I admire you..."

Amelia: "Without knowing it every day you fight fate, attempting to stray from the path you were set on, well not like it matters anyways."

Amelia: "That admiration doesn't mean much when you refuse to look my way."

My eyes close involuntarily while yet another sigh is heard from me, a stupid wish is all it was, one that didn't mean much when I knew better... it hadn't been all too long since I started a new journey, one with a different goal.

"You want to what ?"

A familiar voice was heard in my head, alongside the depiction of that same warden I was supposed to fear, yet I didn't, instead I approached her with a smile, confident as ever.

"Your goals are so selfish, but what do I care, as long as you don't mess with time all too much I'll leave you alone, but just know, if a major problem or rip is caused by you, I'm not afraid of confiscating your watch ONCE and for ALL."

And that was that... knowing I couldn't change my own past, instead the decision to help another was made, to make their life better, I wished that my actions would make a difference, so they live like I never could, carefree and happy, being a part of that was...

Amelia: "Yet another distant dream..."

The bus came to a step as my own voice in a more cheery and deeper tone was heard, another Ame had been driving the bus, in fact the entire place was just filled with other "me", each step I took closer to the exit was soft, comforting even, something I didn't deserve.

Ame 2: "I wish you the best of luck on your travels !"

Ame 2: "And remember..."

I glanced at her, not bothering to turn my body entirely as that would require too much effort and energy right about now.

Ame 2: "Ain't nothing impossible if you're a Ame !"

She tipped her hat with a smile, the moustache I had now noticed above her lips was obviously fake, but I saw no point in mentioning it, instead I gave her a nod and stepped out, making my way home.

'Nothing is impossible huh...'

These simple words were what I'd cling onto for the time being, so simple, yet... so meaningful to me, perhaps there wasn't much of a thought behind them from the other Ame, maybe she just said them for the sake of sounding smart, but did that matter ?
No, all that mattered was that they would be a motto, a way to live, something to give me hope, even if false or temporary.

.....

Amelia: "Home sweet home..."

I mutter to myself, closing the door behind me as I waste no time removing my coat and hanging it up, proceeding to then go into the bedroom, not even bothering to change I lay down, it wasn't long until my loyal companions joined me, that bitter attitude and expression slowly faltered and changed into a smile.

Amelia: "Bubba... sorry for worrying you, I was gone for a while huh ?"

With that slight smile I gently pet him, only for the other three to get jealous and jump on the bed.

Amelia: "Mikki, Wellington- even you Henry !?"

Sitting on my bed were now two hunting terriers, a british short hair cat and kitten, causing me to sigh as I open up my arms and motion for them to get closer, which they wasted no time doing, before I even knew it I'd been laying down with my friends, the ones that never left me no matter what timeline I went to, it was odd... although I technically was a different Ame than they knew at times, they'd still greet me more than happy to do so, but it felt as if they were aware of the fact I'm different, yet... still their beloved Ame.

...

"...Sigh..."

"...Can't change it can I ?"

With utmost confidence and a smile I held out a envelope for someone, the contents of it should be obvious to the receiver as I've used one specifically with a heart, after all today is a special day.

???: "...Uhh..."

Amelia: "Come on, open it !"

???: "I'm pretty sure that I already know what this is."

'Of course you do, it shouldn't be hard to know...'

Amelia: "That doesn't matter, just open it, take out what's inside and read it already !"

Despite seeming reluctant he opened it, taking the note out that I had placed inside, his eyes went from word to word, most likely amazed at my immaculate handwriting.

???: "Oh, I like you too Ame."

'Wait you do...?'

'This... this isn't a dream...?'

???: "I mean you're a dearly cherished friend of mine and honestly I don't know what I would do without you haha."

'...There it is...'

Amelia: "Please read the note... again, properly this time !"

I do my best to smile despite the stinging pain in my chest, the aching of my heart was expected, yet hurt more and more every time.

???: "Uh, I don't... ah..."

Amelia: "Do you get it now ?"

Amelia: "I'm not saying that I like you as a friend, but instead I detect there's a connection between us, a bond that not everyone has... love !"

???: "...I'm... I'm sorry Ame, but..."

'Don't... don't say it again, I know the answer already... please just... spare me this once..."

???: "There's someone else out there for me, this isn't a lame excuse or anything, but I just know there is."

???: "Like... a gut feeling that won't leave me, hell in my dreams I've even seen her, I just gotta find her you know ?"

Amelia: "Yeah, yeah I know, it's fate that you two meet after all."

???: "I'm sorry-"

Amelia: "Don't be, I expected this to happen after all !"

Amelia: "That doesn't mean I'm going to give up trying though !"

He shakes his head and sighs, a smile on his face despite the situation we found ourselves in, even now it made my heart skip a beat, sure there was no hope for me, but that didn't mean my feelings would fade any time soon.

???: "I can respect the determination, but I'm seriously hoping you find someone else, that will treat you right !"

Amelia: "Yeah that..."

'...It doesn't make it better, but I'll forgive you because that dork smile of yours is cute.'

Amelia: "That's probably true, I don't wanna die alone after all haha !"

???: "Kind of grim-"

Amelia: "Oh shut up !"

"Another failed attempt..."

'I'll try over and over again, even if there's no point, because that small spark of hope you've given me never did want to die out, in fact it only became worse... it combusted into a flame, too bright to die out.'

???: "Is this...?"

Amelia: "Yep !"

Once again I had given him a envelope containing words to best describe my feelings about him, never did it work as intended, even if; it was just fun to see his different reactions from time to time.

???: "...Oh."

His face that I used to love looking at had slowly turned into nothing but a blur, a memory or shadow of its former self, yet just hearing his voice was enough for me by now.

'Ah another rejection... at this point I'm getting more and more resistant to your words as well !'

'It always is the same thing for the most part, isn't it ?'

'Starting off with a "I'm... I'm sorry Ame, but..." !'

???: "I'm... I'm sorry Ame, but..."

'There it is and now we'll get the whole speech about how you have someone else out there, that's waiting for you, I mean sure if I spoiled you and decided to tell you who it was, that could be fun, but it'd take the whole "lovers destined to find one another" aspect away !'

'This... truly is the lowest point of my life, isn't it ?'

???: "I already noticed long ago."

'Huh that's... different, a change of pace is quite nice though.'

???: "Call me a coward for not calling you out on them, but a part of me really thought I was just reading too much inbetween the lines haha-"

???: "Right, well simply put, sure I'll go out with you Ame."

'...What ?'

My smile went away in a instant, replaced by a surprised expression, with my mouth agape I couldn't help but clear my throat, doing my best to smile again, although there were obvious hints of confusion behind it.

Amelia: "I don't think I'm hearing you quite right."

???: "Well, when words fail you, actions are in order !"

The previously to me blurry face slowly faded away, he get on one knee and smiled brightly as always, with his hands he gently took my right while looking up at me, his eyes telling me a story of admiration, all in all, this scene felt so cheesy, like out of a movie, yet like the fool I am my heart started racing.

???: "I'll say it again, in the off chance you didn't hear me the first time."

???: "I... L/n; Y/n, would be honored to go out with you, Watson Amelia."

Amelia: "You really do love defying fate..."

Y/n: "I'm sorry ?"

Amelia: "It's nothing, I'm just... still in shock and awe !"

Y/n: "Oho !?"

Y/n: "And may I know the reason for that ?"

'It's because you've done it again, you beat the odds that weren't supposed to be beaten, everyone told me to give up, the other Amelia's told me it was never meant to be, that fate is a cruel mistress and playing her game is only befitting of a fool...'

Amelia: "Because basically everyone gets scared of confessing their love and being rejected !"

Y/n: "Wha- I thought it was obvious that I liked you back !?"

'Things aren't just simple like that, you're supposed to have a role you play and so do I... have we gotten out of that loop once and for all...?'

Amelia: "Like hell it was !"

I jokingly sigh and shake my head, crossing my arms as if I was genuinely annoyed with him, in retaliation he immediately stood up and clasped his hands together, bowing to seemingly ask for a apology.

Y/n: "Please forgive me then !"

'...It's not like I could hate you either way, after all there was something always drawing me to you, but what was it again... that memory was fleeting wasn't it...?'

'Back when we first met, you felt different, unique... like a light in a empty and dark room you showed me the things I wished to hide, but instead of mocking me for them, we worked to get over them together...'

Y/n: "You're at the bottom of life, so you want to grieve now, right ?"

Upon blinking I saw him from back then again, a umbrella to cover his eyes as he smiled and approached me, something about him felt off, like he was at his ends meet too.

Y/n: "Hah... that just won't do, I can't let someone else be a downer in perfect weather like this."

His idea of perfect weather was a heavy storm, the wind that had been blowing for quite some time now could send shorter people flying if you asked me.

Y/n: "Well... guess I'll be the one to help you out of that pit then."

A metaphorical pit, one I had gotten stuck in, like a bird trapped in a cage, I too had no way to escape, unless of course someone else chose to do so.

'Right... if it wasn't for you I'd be in that hell still, isn't that right ?'

'Well in that case...'

Amelia: "I wasn't annoyed at you in the first place to begin with !"

Y/n: "But you made it seem like- come on you can't trick me like that !"

Amelia: "You're such a idiot..."

Y/n: "Hey that's a little... okay I mean it's fair, but it is rude in a sense."

Amelia: "Yeah, but if anything you're my idiot."

Y/n: "..."

Y/n: "Wel-"

Before he could say anymore nonsense I did something I've wanted to for a while, to help supress a feeling that never left, leaning in I kissed him, it... was a moment I never wanted to end, it felt as if the world was open to us, nothing could stop him and I, to say the least, this was the happiest memory I could ever make, with more hopefully soon to be made.

...At least that's... what it should have been.

Standing on a rooftop, I find myself looking down upon the town that I once made beautiful memories in, the place where my happiness and love resided, only to be buried just like it once was before.

'So... this is what I get for having a happy ending...'

With my right hand I grasp the pocketwatch tightly, it alongside my coat had long collected dust, the once cold steel which scared me now felt like a warm embrace, giving me a sense of comfort in knowing that perhaps I'd be able to change the outcome once more.
The thought of always being able to get that which I wanted by resetting over and over again was beautiful, but also tragic, after all at some point when do you stop viewing people as "people" and just cogs and gears you manipulate in ways to befit your needs ?

Amelia: "I'm... sorry Y/n..."

Amelia: "In the end I couldn't change anything."

Amelia: "The memories we made were... no, they... are the only thing that'll keep me going..."

But my words fell on deaf ears, after all there was no one to listen to me, so I did the only sensible thing and once more... I turned back time.

Again... and again... and again; and again...

Again.

One more time.

No... this... can't be the last.

Repeat.

Do it again.

No stopping now.

You've fallen so low.

Why bother giving up ?

There has to be some solution.

Maybe...

The solution was one that I hated or perhaps didn't want to use, but what choice did I have...

???: "If it isn't the detective, have you finally gotten tired of looping ?"

Amelia: "You... you got me haha !"

I raise my hands and force a bright smile, knowing she wouldn't be able to crack this "mask" I wore, to her it just seemed like this was all a coincidence, backed into a corner in who knows where we stood, the warden of time standing before me with her arms crossed, her confident demeanor present as always, a annoyed expression plastered all over her face, not like I cared.

Kronii: "Hand over the watch already, it's about time."

Amelia: "Nice pun, but I don't think that's gonna be possible !"

'Don't make it obvious that you have other intentions, just... play it slow.'

Kronii: "This isn't a joking matter, Watson."

Amelia: "Are you sure ?"

Amelia: "I think it's pretty punny honestly !"

'No matter what I did to help you, it never worked...'

'When we ended up together something would happen to you or worse, the world as we knew it would die once and for all, the sole reason always was the priestess... well, with the help of your father.'

Her expression shifted to a even more annoyed one as she stepped closer and closer, by now it felt like at any moment she'll slap or even behead me.

Kronii: "Just hand it over Watson and we can end this game of cat and mouse."

Amelia: "I don't know Kronii... I'd be giving up a lot here for nothing in return !"

'And when I got rid of him we'd shift into a different "ending", one where I have no chance of getting close to you, partially because of the guilt that followed me, knowing I was the cause of all your grief... that... your pain all was because of me, but also that fate you were destined to follow caught up to us by then.'

Kronii: "Hah ?"

Kronii: "You say that like I owe you ANYTHING."

'So no matter what road I took it all ended up the same, either you died in my arms or out there all by your lonesome, leaving me alone in this world or you had to suffer in my stead, just so the possibility of us being together once more was on the table... but then... she, always was fated to be your beloved...'

'A love born out of a simple interaction, turned into what could almost be considered a obsession without the negative traits... a one sided love perhaps ?'

'Doesn't matter what it is, not like I have to care anymore now.'

Amelia: "Well technically I showed you just how easily someone could take your watch and how it'd have negative consequences to the world as we know it !"

Amelia: "All in all..."

I lower my hands and close my eyes, giving a sly grin.

Amelia: "You do owe me something and I know just the thing !"

Hearing the sound of what was leather or such tightening I assume she clutched her hand tightly, prompting me to open my eyes with a smile, only to confirm my theory.

Kronii: "That..."

Kronii: "Tsk... then hurry up and talk, I don't have all day to spend with you."

Amelia: "I'm glad to see some cooperation, don't worry if you agree to my terms you'll never have to see Ame 1337 again !"

Kronii: "..."

'This is the only plausible solution I see, I'm sorry my love, but...'

Amelia: "I'll try to make this simple, I want you to bring me to a new timeline, a entirely new one where another Kronii resides, as well as that we'd need a Ame that's gone so... preferably let's try to find one where she already left to go on new adventures or deceased !"

Amelia: "Of course I'd be taking her spot in this case, now you may be wondering how this benefits you, well; for one I would no longer be here to "annoy" you, but the most important part of this operation, the entire reason why this would even work... I'll be handing my pocketwatch to you."

Kronii: "You mean the one that was wrongfully taken from me."

Amelia: "Come the entire appearance of it matches me, it was destiny !"

Kronii: "Just continue already, wouldn't the other Kronii be aware of the fact you have her pocketwatch ?"

Amelia: "Why yes that's what we want her to think, which brings me to my last point, I need a pocketwatch so well crafted and made to perfection that not even you could differentiate it from the real deal !"

'...In order to save you, I have to become the person you hate.'

Kronii: "Now why would I even do that ?"

Kronii: "This is a lot of work just to get you off my back."

Amelia: "Well... yeah it is a lot of work, but if you don't help me you know how this will continue, I'll try to change what should and cannot be changed to no avail, while you have to try and keep the timeline steady, isn't that right ?"

Kronii: "..."

She sighs, not loosening up a bit surprisingly, a moment later she turned her back to me and walked away, leaving me here alone while one last sentence echoed through this empty space.

Kronii: "Wait here, I'll be right back."

'Don't worry my love, I'll stack the odds in your favor, before it's too late I'm going to try and have you create meaningful relationships that will help you, I'll... make connections that benefit you more than you can even fathom !'

'And I know just who will work perfectly...'

"What did you do to my father !?"

"You're... YOU'RE THE REASON FOR ALL MY PAIN AND SUFFERING !?"

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT I WENT THROUGH BECAUSE OF... YOU !?"

My eyes snap open as I realize I'd had fallen asleep at my desk, my head was resting on top of it while tears seemed to have been running down my face while dreaming, yet I couldn't help but smile, grabbing the pocketwatch that used to hold unlimited potential I open it up, inside of it I found a picture of me and what was my husband, smiling as we stood in front of our first ever bought home.

'I'll... never forget the memories that we shared...'

'Even if you hate me now, if... resentment is all you can feel, I know this... was the right choice.'

'Your life is better now isn't it ?'

'Once more you're happy with your fated lover, you've made tons of new friends and in the process created bonds that will never be broken, it might seem... grim now, but trust me, with enough time they'll come back around.'

A knocking was heard on my door, unlike how most people would though, the person seemed impatient as it was rampant and unending, sighing I put away the pocketwatch and wiped my tears, putting on my best genuine smile whilst approaching the door.

Amelia: "I'm coming !"

???: "Oi- I did not need to know allat bruh !"

With my eyes half closed trying to give a "unamused" expression, I open the door, staring at the rat that in a previous time began this whole dilemma, but now she was a core part of my plan, at least... that's what she had been before everything resolved itself.

'Every reset Time did, still feels like they happened today, in a way we're not all too different, but while I managed to get some peace knowing that he could be happy without me, you never did manage that did you ?'

'It had to be you with her, no matter what... in some way I relate, it's what I want too, to be held once more, to... embrace him like I had done thousands of times previously is my biggest wish.'

'But... if he's content with his life and happy, then... so am I, even if it means I'll never have a chance to spend my days with him.'

Baelz: "Hey Watson, stop spacin' out !"

Amelia: "Huh, oh sorry-"

I shake my head, trying to stop myself from reminiscing too much about things that happened previously.

Amelia: "How can I help you Bae ?"

Baelz: "Well it ain't me that ya should help, I'm just here to drop off my disciple, lil' fucker was too scared to come here by 'imself !"

Y/n: "Stop you're dumb lies already."

From behind her came none other than Y/n, in order to knock some sense back into her he hit her over the back of the head, a sigh followed by slowly looking back up at me, for once he held eye contact, even if it was wrong... my heart skipped a beat, remembering how he looked at me at our wedding day, despite that I did everything in my power to stop myself from getting red.

Y/n: "I came to talk, is all, I've got a few questions that can only be answered by you."

Baelz: "What was that for !?"

Amelia: "And you're assuming I have the time for questioning ?"

Y/n: "You don't seem busy."

Baelz: "Are y'all ignorin' me !?"

Amelia: "It'd be impolite to not open the door and greet a guest myself, wouldn't you agree ?"

Y/n: "Just tell me if you're busy or not, I can always come back later."

Amelia: "I'm just joking, please come right in, take a seat wherever."

Baelz: "Nah I ain't takin' this disrespect, I'm out !"

He nods and steps in, closing the door behind him, in the last few seconds I could see Baelz doing a peace sign before disappearing for good, shaking my head in hopes of clearing it up, I sit down across from him with a smile.

Amelia: "Would you like something to drink or a snack perhaps ?"

Y/n: "I'll pass."

Amelia: "Your loss !"

Y/n: "Let's just get into why I'm here already."

Amelia: "Rushing straight into the action, that's very much like you !"

Y/n: "..."

Y/n: "All those things people have told me about my father... the... things you said, are they really true ?"

Amelia: "I wouldn't lie about something as big as that, so yes, your father didn't have the best intentions for our beloved priestess Ina, of course this would have caused a chain reaction and to say the least... I don't think even someone of your caliber could have stopped her then."

Y/n: "Yeah that checks about out."

Y/n: "You're a time traveller right ?"

Amelia: "Why of course I am !"

Amelia: "I thought my appearance alone gave a lot away or some of the things I've said hehe~!"

Y/n: "So... could you tell me something about the other timelines then...?"

Amelia: "Please do be more specific."

Y/n: "Like... is my father always destined to do this ?"

Y/n: "Have you met the other version of me, the... Time guy, multiple times already, is there anything that always stuck consistent with me ?"

Amelia: "Quite a few questions, but your father most of the time is sure to go overboard, there were rare occasions where he didn't, but those didn't end much better, Time is a special case, this is actually the first and only time I had met him, but it seems something happened in his timeline that forced him to travel, throughout his journey I can only assume he developed some kind of fear of me !"

Amelia: "Lastly, the thing that stuck with you consistently well..."

'Telling him that Ayame and his relationship is destined to happen one way or another feels... odd... like something is holding me back from doing so...'

Amelia: "You always loved your father despite what happened, call it being oblivious or dense as you wish, but I can't blame you, after all he was some very precious to you !"

Y/n: "Hah isn't that right..."

Y/n: "Even now I... I don't want to hate him, but it feels wrong to say that I care much about him as well."

Y/n: "...Last question."

Amelia: "Shoot !"

I do a finger gun gesture as he slowly nods and clasps his hands together, looking down at the floor.

Y/n: "Right so... Frank is my father isn't he ?"

Amelia: "..."

Y/n: "I overheard Calli talk about it with you once and ever since then it's been gnawing at the back of my mind to the point it became hard keeping conversation with him."

Y/n: "Ame, please don't lie to me, is... he my father or not ?"

Amelia: "What you've heard is true, Frank is your father even if he looks different now, but as it stands he has completely changed, his memories are gone; erased in a sense, so he's like a entirely different person."

Amelia: "If I knew why he started having a obsession with Calli I'd tell you though honestly, maybe it's just his brain shifting from one thing to another !"

Amelia: "At least this one isn't destructive or evil minded, judging by what I've seen he seems to just appreciate her for showing him the way, so this must be how he wants to repay his "debt" !"

Y/n: "...Fuck..."

'Lies hurt more than the truth, that's what most people have told me, but honestly, sometimes you have to lie to preserve the happiness of someone, who am I to hide the truth from him though ?'

'He deserves to know more than anyone...'

Y/n: "...It's fine, sorry, I'm honestly... surprised and not surprised at the same time."

Y/n: "Theoretically if you were... in my position, what would you do...?"

'What would I do...?'

With a slight sigh I put a hand on my chin and cross my legs, thinking about the question for a bit before giving a answer, the smile from before gone, replaced by a blank expression.

Amelia: "Well, for now I would try and see him as a new person entirely, it's going to be tough at first of course, but without his memories and a new appearance, you'd be basically hating te reincarnation of someone."

Amelia: "Like if I hated Time with every fiber of my being and upon discovering that he was reincarnated as let's say... you, without the prior memories, a new appearance and so on, that would be justified and all, after everything he did, yet it's technically a entirely new person."

'Not like I could hate you anyways...'

Y/n: "I... see."

Y/n: "Thanks for your input Ame, it means a lot more to me than you think."

Amelia: "I'm glad that I was able to help !"

'Did anything I said even make sense ?'

'Was it just incoherent rambling that all meant the same thing... or was there something behind it...?'

'Ugh how annoying, thoughts of doubt again...'

Y/n: "And, I'm sorry."

'Huh ?'

He looks up at me, staring me directly into the eyes, his body shifting ever so slightly while he got comfortable, the words he just said caught me so off guard that my mouth was left ever so slightly agape.

Y/n: "I feel like I've never really properly apologized for my actions before, sure I apologized here and there, you forgave me as well, but still I feel like I owe you this much."

Amelia: "Seriously it's fine, I understand why you'd be upset at the news from back then, but I'm not annoyed at you or anything."

Y/n: "...Either way, I'm sorry about how I acted back then, I'll never be able to take back what I said or did back then, but I sure as hell can apologize for doing what I did."

Y/n: "I was stubborn, a little stupid at times even and always just focused on my own goals, so it was hard to look past what happened..."

Y/n: "It was for the good of the world, even for... my own benefit, I get that now, in the end my father technically still is here, as a better person... even if he forgot that we're related."

Y/n: "Argh... I'm not good at apologies or something of the sorts, but I'm really fucking sorry Ame."

'...Even now you still feel guilt for what you did huh ?'

'Ironic that your feelings are much different from mine, because even now...'

'...I still love you.'

Sighing I roll my eyes and stand up, walking over to him as he watches every step closely, finally once close enough I pat him on the end and smile.

Amelia: "Apology accepted !"

After pulling back my hand, I hold it out for him, waiting for it to be shook, which without much reluctancy he does, smiling at me for the first time in god knows how long.

Y/n: "Thanks that... really eases my mind a lot."

Once he lets go of my hand I already miss the contact we just had, this causes me to not realize he had stood up by now, the sound of what I assume to be a notification ringing throughout the office, causing me to snap out of it.

Y/n: "Ah shit..."

Amelia: "Let me guess, something came up, maybe a emergency at home ?"

Y/n: "Oh, yeah something like that... my wife just texted me saying we're out of cat food and Kazo won't stop meowing at her now haha, lil' guy is pretty chonky now that he has another person constantly living with him."

Amelia: "And that's why you have to make sure to stuck up on food while you have the time !"

Y/n: "...Wait... do you have pets too...?"

Amelia: "Four of them in fact, you already know Bubba I'm guessing, but there's actually another hunting terrier, a british shorthair cat and a kitten that all live with me !"

Y/n: "How did I never know that !?"

Amelia: "Someone never bothered asking much about my personal life or me, so I had no reason to until now."

Y/n: "Yeah that's fai-"

Another notification is heard as he sighs and takes out his phone, only to put it away a few seconds later.

Y/n: "Sorry do you... mind if I head out on short notice ?"

Amelia: "Not at all, please go on ahead and take care of your business !"

Y/n: "Thanks and again, thanks for... well forgiving my past mistakes."

Amelia: "It's nothing rea- and he's gone..."

By the time I blinked he had already left causing me to sigh while I walked back over to the desk I waste away at for the most of my time, at first I spent a few minutes just staring at the files I had left out previously, but finally I opened a drawer to the bottom right of me, taking the key out of it I now unlock the very top space of it, inside of which I find a set of two golden rings, with a smile I grab the magnifying glass I kept on me for the most part, using it to read something engraved in the first ring.
Normally, if worn by someone you couldn't tell that there was anything here, as this was written on the "bottom", but since no one is wearing it currently and with the help of my magnifying glass I could read a message kept hidden to most.

"And on this day, I vowed to take care of you for the rest of my life, through the good and bad, I will hold your hand, smiling beside you whilst never letting myself get lead astray."

After taking the second ring I do the same as I had just done with the first...

"I've waited so long for this day that it can't help but feel like a dream, once distant, now a reality, my love for you is boundless, knowing no limit and showing no sign of ever fleeting."

With a sigh I put the second ring away, only to wear the first one on my left hands ring finger, just as I used to, a... line I wish to hear once more heard in my head.

"You may now kiss the bride."

*End of "???"*

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

77.7K 964 25
Y/n has always wanted to be a Vtuber, so he decides to finally take the first step, but he trips and falls horribly and ends up sending the email to...
1.4M 33.9K 27
"𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐢 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞?" "𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢 𝐝𝐨, 𝐲/𝐧. 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭." 𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞, �...
1.6K 50 9
Just a Hololive fanfic where you the reader go through your normal daily life. haha not really normal bruh. In this world where supernatural exist un...
157K 3.7K 88
Well, I don't think this is gonna be up to your tastes, but I'll just put this up, since I literally can't continue my BoruSara fanfic anymore. My br...