Royals (A Prince Harry Fanfic...

By royalkennedylover

*First Book in the Royals Series* Jacqueline Baker is Kate Middleton's lifelong best friend. When Kate become... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 6

36.9K 667 48
By royalkennedylover

"Do you hear that?" Jackie asked Harry.

"It's incredible," he commented, peeking through the long curtains that hung over the doors that led out to the Buckingham Palace balcony.

The wedding party had arrived in Buckingham Palace for photos and the first kiss. Even from inside the palace, the cheers from the crowd were overwhelming. A royal guard had informed Jackie that over 1 million people were lining the streets to catch a glimpse of the Royal couple.

"Shall we go?" Kate asked, still in her dress and veil.

Nods of agreement came from all around. The families were directed to go first, followed by the bridesmaids and pages. Jackie looked to Harry, who held out his arm. She took it, and the pair walked through the doors and into the sun.

Multiple female voices screamed "Harry!" Signs were being waved, Great Britain's flag was everywhere, and the dull roar of voices was like a brick wall. Jackie waved and smiled, still holding onto Harry with one arm. The couple paused for a moment before walking to the side of the balcony. Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip emerged next, standing like well practiced statues, their faces stoic but happy. Jackie smiled at Harry's grandmother when she stood next to her, receiving one back.

Trumpets sounded. The noise of the crowd filled up Jackie's whole body. In front of her, little Eliza plugged her ears and rested her chin on the railing, not impressed. Jackie beamed as Will and Kate walked out onto the balcony, their hands linked. She clapped softly as Will and Kate emerged from the door, striding to the railing, arm in arm. They waved a bit, teasing the crowd. The air was full of tension as the world waited for the first kiss. Jackie was anxious as well, she and Kate had gone over how the kiss would be for months. Not to much, not too little.

Will and Kate glanced at each other, exchanging small smiles before they went in. Jackie clasped her hands together, beaming with happiness. The crowd absolutely erupted, to the point that she had to refrain from covering her ears. Jackie's head turned, and she locked eyes with Harry. She could tell they were thinking the same thing.

The wedding party remained on the balcony for quite some time, waving when their names were shouted, smiling, and speaking their thoughts about the crowd into each other's ears. Jackie's skin was in constant waves of goosebumps as she listened to the roar. She had never experienced such an event in her life. After basking in the glory of the excitement for some time, the party began to exit one by one. Jackie couldn't take her eyes off of the spectacular sight before her, and before she knew it, she, Harry, William, and Kate were the only ones who remained.

Jackie looked to Harry, and he raised his eyebrows. "Ready?"

Jackie nodded and took a few steps over to Kate. She took her friend's hand and squeezed it tightly. "You are the most beautiful bride I've ever seen."

Kate grinned, her eyes wet. "Thank you."

Jackie took one last look at the crowd before she left the balcony at Harry's side.

---

"You did an amazing job," gushed an excited guest as she reached Jackie in the greeting line.

"Thank you so much," said Jackie with a genuine smile.

She shook the woman's hand, who continued. "To think, a commoner bride and maid of honor- this country has come a long way."

Jackie's smile didn't falter as the woman left and a new guest appeared in front of her. Will, Kate, Harry, and Jackie had formed a small line at the entrance of Buckingham Palace's Throne Room in order to greet the guests arriving at the reception. The room had been transformed into a magical sight- sparkling lights, lush table settings, and beautiful drapery. A stage had been set up where Ellie Goulding was set to perform.

"Lovely, isn't it?" Jackie commented to Harry as the next guest spoke to Will and Kate.

"It really is," said Harry sincerely. He smiled at Jackie, who beamed in return. Her stomach flipped giddily, a feeling that hadn't left her since the night before.

"Your Highness," a coy voice greeted. Jackie could hardly contain herself when she saw David and Victoria Beckham standing in front of Harry.

"It's good to see you," Harry laughed, hugging his friend tightly. He kissed Victoria on the cheek, and turned to Jackie. "This is Kate's maid of honor, and my friend, Jackie."

"It's good to meet you, Jackie," Victoria said warmly, shaking Jackie's hand.

David raised an eyebrow at Harry, who gave a small nod. "So this is Jackie?"

She was pulled into a tight hug, and couldn't help but to laugh. "I admire your football-playing."

Harry laughed next to Jackie, and wrapped an arm around her waist, squeezing his hand dangerously low. "She's great."

Jackie shot a worried look over her shoulder, but it appeared that none of the guests in the Throne Room had noticed.

***

"Oh, I love this song," Jackie crooned to Kate, who was beginning to tug William towards the dance floor.

"Come dance with us!" Kate called. Jackie waved her off and turned back to her glass of champagne- which tasted like it cost more than a years worth of her rent.

Her eyes wandered around the Throne Room, full of close family and friends of Will and Kate. Though it was bursting with people all around, Jackie felt oddly lonely sitting by herself at a lavishly decorated table. Her eyes found Harry, talking to his cousins, Beatrice and Eugenie, across the room. He was talking animatedly, the girls laughing hysterically. Jackie smiled and rested her chin in her hand, admiring her favorite Prince. She wished she could dance with Harry, but she assumed he wouldn't want to be too romantic in front of all of the people- the press could blow any little interaction out of proportion in an instant.

Harry looked away from his cousins for an instant, seeing Jackie through the people. He smiled slyly, Jackie blushed. Her stomach filled with butterflies thinking of the secret they shared.

Harry motioned for her to come over, she waved him off.

Come on, Harry mouthed.

Jackie shook her head, giving him a reassuring smile. Don't worry about me, she answered.

And with that, Jackie looked away, watching the close family and friends of the royals dancing the night away. She wanted to go enjoy the magical night, but an odd feeling had settled in. How could she enjoy it without him?  The thought was terrifying. Jackie had dated in the past, coworkers at the hospital, nurses, even a doctor once. The same feeling was associated with each man in her mind. But with Harry, it was different. He was special, and the thought of the feeling she felt when she was with him ever going away was enough to make her sick. She didn't want to have to rely on Harry for the high she was feeling at that moment. After all, he had always been the "spare" brother- a wild boy, frequent partier. But these past few months of wedding planning had showed her that Harry had grown, their friendship had deepened, and she was willing to take a chance on him.

Jackie was deep in thought, her eyebrows furrowed and mouth in a tight line when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned her head, coming face to face with Harry, so close their noses almost touched.

"Come dance with me," Harry whispered.

"People will see," she said softly, as if she cared, a small smile forming on her lips.

Harry rested his forehead on hers. "I don't care." He took her hand and pulled her to her feet and onto the dance floor.

Her fingers intertwined with Harry's, Jackie's chest felt like it was about to burst as they danced to Ellie Goulding's song, Something in the Way You Move. She laughed as he twirled her, even dipping her down so low that her hair brushed the floor.

As the song reached its end and began to slow, Harry pulled Jackie close to him. She rested her chin on his shoulder, her arms wrapped tightly around his back. Chills ran down Jackie's spine when Harry pressed his cheek to hers. She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath and absorbing the moment to its fullest.

Harry's face turned ever so slightly, his lips brushing against her cheek, till they stopped at the corner of her mouth. Her heart sped up, beating so quickly she was sure it would burst. She wanted so badly to kiss him- but knew that it was his decision to make- if he wanted his entire family and friends to see.

Instead, both Harry and Jackie's mouths curved into smiles. She tightened her arms around his back, never wanting the night to end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.5K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...
15.7K 142 29
Hollis is the royal secret. Her brothers are Prince William and Prince Harry. When her mother died, her father sent her to live in America with some...
650K 12.7K 93
Prince Harry of Wales is engaged to marry a beautiful American actress. He loves her...or so he keeps telling himself. He's ready to marry. She's the...
50.2K 1K 11
*Alternate Beginning to the Royals Series* In this special edition to the Royals Series, Jackie Baker and Prince Harry have a bit of history before t...