ᴍᴇɴʜᴇʀᴀ // ᴍᴀᴛꜱᴜɴᴏ ᴄʜɪꜰᴜʏᴜ

By seraphicrxse

[SLOW UPDATES] A story in which Chifuyu meets a mentally ill girl. [WARNING(s): violence, strong/mostly mild... More

ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ꜱɪx
ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴛᴇɴ
ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ
ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜱɪx
HIATUS
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
UPDATE
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ
Character Profile
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ
UPDATE
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜱɪx
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ
ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ
ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ
ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ
ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

83 6 0
By seraphicrxse

GURGLE, GURGLE, GURGLE―

The sounds of a stomach growling.

Chifuyu immediately snapped his head towards you, visibly surprised, yet it looked like he found it amusing.

“You hungry?” He asked, chuckling.

“Um, yeah.” You clutched your stomach, averting your gaze, as if ashamed. “...I haven’t eaten anything since last night.”

It was only in the corner of your eye, but you swore you saw his jaw slowly drop.

“What!? Why didn’t you tell me!?” He recoiled back in complete shock, then quickly took your hand and rushed down the hill. “We gotta go now!!”

“H-Hey! Come on, it’s not a big deal...!” Your legs struggled to follow him. The ground was still wet, so you made caution to not slip.

“It is a big deal! Now, hurry up!” He ran down the hill like his life depended on it.

Nearing the foot of the hill, you tripped, falling forward. By the time this happened, Chifuyu had let go and turned around.

And you would have fallen onto him if not for your hands that had caught on his shoulders.

Both of you tumbled backwards (or forward, in your case) a little, but you were both safe and still standing.

Although...

Too close! You panicked internally, seeing his face at a close distance. “...Huh? Eek―!?” You shrieked when you noticed Chifuyu crouching down and taking hold of your waist like you weigh nothing.

He had sat you down on top of his bike, while you almost blanked out at how easily he carried you.

You quickly adjusted your legs to sit properly, and he hopped onto his bike as well.

His sudden movement caused the bike to sway to the side, which you really panicked for a moment, but his leg that was propped on the ground prevented the bike from falling.

“Hold on, [Last Name]-chan!”

In just a moment, the bike moved so fast you flew back into your seat and instinctively held onto it.

“Hey, slow down! Why are you going so fast!?” You leaned over to him, shouting.

“You’re hungry, aren’t you? We have to get you something to eat!” He responded back, speeding up even faster.

“But...!”

You had to pat down your skirt to prevent them from flying everywhere, but when you turned to the side, you could feel your hair blowing in the strong wind.

It’s a cool and... nice feeling.

Somehow, you felt calmer, as if all your worries were gone with the wind. In the end, you decided to just lay back and not complain anymore.

It was probably about five minutes when the bike slowed down to a stop, and without hesitation, Chifuyu jumped off the bike. “Stay there, I’ll be right back!!” He ran off, only briefly turning his head back to tell you that.

“Ah, w-wait...!” Your hand reached out when he did, but he was already too far gone, so you sighed. It was then that you realized that you were at a gas station.

You hopped off the bike as well, searching your pocket for your phone. The time was stated at 5:49 pm, which you couldn’t believe how much time passed to when you were on the roof.

Putting your phone back and digging into your other pocket, you laid your hand on our box cutter, which you took it out.

Staring at it, you could see the metal shining a little. You slid the blade up, hearing the metallic scraping sound.

You could see your own reflection on the blade, since you make sure to clean it every day. Especially if you’re using it to cut yourself.

“[Last Name]-chan―!” Chifuyu came rushing back, yelling.

Alarmed, you slid the blade back and promptly pushed it back to your pocket. “Chifuyu-san, you’re―...!?”

You stiffened up when he suddenly grasped on your shoulder, shoving something into your face.

“Here, eat this!” Chifuyu exclaimed.

“Wh-What is it...?” You gently pushed away the item he’s holding, eyeing it after. “Rice balls?” A brow raised from your face.

“Yes, I just bought it.” Chifuyu nodded, letting you go. “You’re starving, right? So you should eat now.”

“You just bought it?” You questioned, surprised. “Oh, you... didn’t need to, I... Right, I should reimburse―” You dug into your pockets, searching. “―you...”

Then, you realized.

“Um... Sorry, I... left my wallet in my bag.” You sheepishly spoke.

“Huh? Oh, no, you don’t need to pay me back!” Chifuyu quickly shook his head. “It wasn’t much anyway.”

“But... I’m troubling you again...”

“You’re never troubling me, [Last Name]-chan.” He smiled at you.

Somewhere, deep inside you, you felt this unpleasant feeling.

“Why do you always―”

“Ah, wait, hold on.” The male suddenly reached into his pocket, taking out his phone.

If you listened closely, you could hear the slight buzzing coming from his phone.

“Oh, it’s my mom.” Chifuyu said. “Sorry, [Last Name]-chan, I’ll need to take this call first.” He apologised, taking the call and walking off to a short distance away. “...Hello?”

That was what you last heard until everything else was muffled.

You bit your lower lip, before you exhaled deeply. That tone I used... was a little aggressive. You thought back to what you tried to say before you got interrupted.

Your hand clutched at your chest, grimacing. You weren’t mistaken ― it was the same feeling you felt back at the hill, when he simply shrugged off at what you said to him at the hospital.

This feeling... I hate it. You gritted your teeth, gripping your chest tighter.

Meanwhile, with Chifuyu, he’s in a call with his mother.

“Hello?” Chifuyu answered the call.

Chifuyu, when are you coming home?” He heard his mom’s voice on the other end.

“In a while. I’m out with [Last Name]-chan right now.” The male responded. “Why?”

Ah, that girl again, I see...

Chifuyu groaned, exasperated. “Mom, I told you, it’s nothing like that―... Er, well...” His finger scratched his cheek, his voice a few notes deeper. “Maybe it’s... different now...”

He could hear his mom chuckling on the other end, which made him incredibly embarrassed. “Argh, forget it!” He walked further away from you, afraid that you might hear what he said. “Anyway... what’s up?” He then asked, changing the subject.

Ah, yes. That boy, Hanagaki-san, came over today.” She divulged. “He said he was worried about you, so make sure you let him know you’re okay, is that clear?

Takemitchy? Chifuyu hummed, before it registered in his head. Oh, shit― That’s right, I haven’t told him anything yet. “Okay, got it. Thanks for telling me.”

By the way, why was he worried? Don’t tell me... you didn’t get into another fight again, did you!?

“No! No, no, that’s not it!” He swiftly assured her, before he sighed, his shoulders slumping a little. “Actually, the thing is... [Last Name]-chan’s house got raided by a bunch of sore losers.”

R-Raided!?” Chifuyu had to tear his phone away from the sudden yelling. “Raided, you said!? Is she okay!?

“[Last Name]-chan’s okay, but remember when I talked about her aunt?” Chifuyu stared down at his feet, kicking his foot up sullenly. “Yeah, she... got caught up in it. She’s currently in a coma.”

Oh, that’s awful...” His mom voiced, saddened. “Ah, but... didn’t you say she’s living with her aunt? Is she living alone now?

“Apparently, yeah.” Chifuyu confirmed, turning his head back to look for you. You were slowly munching on the rice balls he bought. “Why do you ask?”

Isn’t that dangerous? What if those people come back again?

“I wouldn’t worry about that. My friends handled them.”

She’s still living on her own though, isn’t she?” She then said. “Can she take care of herself?

“Mom, she’s not a kid. I’m pretty sure she can―...” Chifuyu looked back at you, seeing the rice balls in your hand. It looked like you had finished it. “No, she can’t. She definitely can't!” He leaned forward instinctively, retracting what he said earlier.

Chifuyu?

“Ack...” I got a little too heated there... He thought. “Yeah, I don’t think she can, especially not after what happened.” Chifuyu said. “She’s not eating well.”

Hmm, maybe... well, only if you're okay with it though...” His mom vaguely replied, unsure.

“What? What is it?”

It’s like this...

...

You finished up the rice balls, but you still have the wrapper in your hand. You couldn’t find any trash cans in sight, and you didn’t feel like going anywhere until Chifuyu came back so like an idiot, you just stood there... fiddling the wrapper.

“[Last Name]-chan, sorry for the wait.” Chifuyu came walking back, while you put the wrapper in your pocket.

“You’re back.” You mentioned.

“Yeah. Again, sorry. The call took longer than I thought.” Chifuyu smiled, before there was a look of seriousness on his face. “Listen, what do you think about living with my mom and I for a while?” He suddenly said.

You stopped for a moment, his words circling in your head before it registered. “...Huh?”

“I’m sorry if we’re prying too much, but I talked to my mom about the whole thing with your aunt.” Chifuyu firmly said. “We thought it’d be better if you live with us until your aunt wakes up again.”

“I can’t help but worry when you don’t take care of yourself.”

You looked away in thought. “But I do take care of myself. It’s not like I can’t survive on my own.”

“Really, [Last Name]-chan?”

You turned to him.

“Can you really tell me that you,” Chifuyu gestured his fingers, counting one by one. “Will eat three meals a day, shower, and cook or be bothered to get out to buy food?”

“I... I...” You were taken aback, but you were even more surprised when you found it hard to answer. “No, I... That was when I was...” In a really dark place... You gripped on the hem of your skirt, avoiding his eyes.

You had basically given up on everything previously, so of course you had no motivation to do anything. But even now, when you actually received his help, you just can’t help but feel it’ll all end in disappointment again.

It’s not as easy to just “feel” happy. It takes time and courage to try again when you’ve tried so many times but it's still not enough.

“Sorry...” Chifuyu suddenly apologized, wearing an uneasy expression. “You don’t have to make this decision now. Just... until when I get you back home. But I hope you’ll at least consider it.” He looked back, smiling genuinely this time. “Let’s go home, [Last Name]-chan.”

You paused in place for a second, before nodding. “...Okay.”

You got on the bike too, and soon you’re on the road again.

It was true that you might not be able to take care of yourself, but being hit with that fact really opened your eyes. You didn’t like how you were called out.

It’s not that you don’t want to, it just seems meaningless.

───────────────

You were back at your house before you knew, and you got off the bike. Looking at your home, you could see how rundown it looked.

You turned back to Chifuyu, who must be waiting for your answer. “I’ll... pack my things.”

“...Huh? So you accept my offer?” Chifuyu looked surprised. He didn’t think you would actually say yes.

“Well, I’ve... thought about it. I at least want to repay you, and maybe try to live a little.” You muttered. “It’d be great if you could stop me from cutting myself.”

“...Eh?

“What?”

The two of you looked at each other in surprise, before you realised what you said. “Uh... I’ll just... go in now. It might take a while...” You awkwardly said, quickly turning around and rushing into the house.

Chifuyu could only blink rapidly in shock. “She said she’s aware of what she’s saying but...” Could she be doing it subconsciously too?

He slammed his head on the bike, groaning. “I wish she wouldn’t say something so morbid like that...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 1K 24
"you are going to be the death of me." I mumbled. "nope! It's going to be the death of us." he claimed. "that doesn't make any fucking sense." - Th...
30.9K 1.3K 41
[Desperately trying to change your fate, you end up meeting the blond Walmart version of Harry Potter, but instead of a steady future, you get thrown...
233K 9.7K 60
y/n l/n and takashi mistuya , childhood friends . he's loved her forever . he'll wait forever . she's unsure what love really is . she'll search fore...
12.1K 359 17
"𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚- 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙮/𝙣, 𝙣𝙤𝙩 '𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙩𝙪𝙩𝙤𝙧'." ⤅in which chifuyu matsuno falls for a girl from a class ahead of him...