The Cursed Box: Unveiling Cen...

De EdwardoMicay

Generations have been haunted by a mysterious box, a malevolent artifact whispered to hold an ancient curse... Mai multe

Chapter 1 (Season 1): The Box
Chapter 2 (Season 1): Continuous Curses
Chapter 3 (Season 1): Falling Rome
Chapter 4 (Season 1): Provincia Aegypti
Chapter 5 (Season 1): Infiltration of Fate

Chapter 6 (Season 1): The True Beginning Begins

3 1 0
De EdwardoMicay

As the soldiers menacingly brandish their swords towards Camilla, a sudden wave of sickness overtakes them, causing them to double over in coughing fits, blood staining the ground beneath them. The gruesome scene unfolds before Camilla's eyes, leaving her both startled and horrified. It's evident they're afflicted by a mysterious illness plaguing the people of Egypt. However, Camilla finds herself at a loss, unaware of the cause or how to respond. With the soldiers collapsing unconscious, dropping their weapons, Camilla stands alone in the deserted street, grappling with uncertainty and fear.

Soldier 1: Clutching his throat, coughing violently Can't... breathe...

Soldier 2: Doubles Over, Vomiting Blood Help... us...

Camilla: No... Don't... Steps back, horrified

Soldier 1 and 2: Falls to the ground, Unconscious

She is engulfed by a wave of shock, fear, and anguish as she witnesses the soldiers collapsing suddenly from the disease. Utterly bewildered and devastated, she finds herself paralyzed, unsure of her next move. Tears stream down her face uncontrollably as she flees, her mind clouded with confusion and despair. Determined to avoid any potential encounters with others who might also be afflicted, she dashes away, her heart pounding with fear and uncertainty.

As Camilla dashes through the streets, the weather abruptly shifts, unleashing a torrent of rain that drenches her completely. Shivering with cold and growing more apprehensive by the moment, she feels her desperation mounting. Lost and alone, she presses on, desperately seeking refuge from both the downpour and the looming threat of the disease, her heart racing with each step.

Lying helpless and drenched on the ground, Camilla is inundated with memories of her beloved daughter. The haunting recollection of the tragic events in Rome floods her mind—the heart-wrenching loss, the brutal injustice of her daughter's untimely death at the hands of the king. The pain and despair of that moment still raw. It was this unbearable anguish that compelled her to flee to Egypt, seeking solace and a fresh start far from the horrors of her past. Yet, as she lies battered and vulnerable, it becomes painfully clear that the specter of those same horrors has relentlessly pursued her, casting a shadow over her newfound sanctuary.

Camilla: Gasping for breath Why... why did it have to be this way? Why couldn't I protect her?

Inner Voice: whispers You did everything you could, Camilla. It wasn't your fault.

Camilla: tears streaming down her face But it's not fair... she was so young, so innocent.

Inner Voice: I know, Camilla. I know. But we have to keep moving forward. We can't let the past consume us.

Camilla: struggling to sit up How can I move on when every moment feels like a reminder of what I've lost?

Inner Voice: You're stronger than you realize, Camilla. You've survived so much already. And you'll continue to survive, no matter what comes your way.

Camilla: clutching her chest I just... I don't know if I have the strength to keep going.

Inner Voice: You do, Camilla. You have to believe that. And remember, you're not alone. I'm here with you, every step of the way.

Camilla: closing her eyes, taking a deep breath Thank you... thank you for reminding me that I'm not alone.

Inner Voice: Anytime, Camilla. Now let's get you back on your feet. There's still so much left for you to see and do in this world. You're the one who will end the curse.

On the rain-soaked ground, Camilla's cries pierce the night, her sobs echoing with unrestrained anguish. Grief grips her heart, unleashing a torrent of sorrow as she confronts the haunting memories of her past in Rome. With each scream and sob, she releases the pent-up emotions she has long suppressed, allowing the relentless rain to wash over her, a futile attempt to cleanse the wounds of her soul. Overwhelmed by the weight of her grief, the memories of her beloved daughter and the injustice that befell her flood her consciousness, drowning her in waves of inconsolable sorrow and profound anguish.

After a few hours she slowly awakens, she finds herself aboard a boat, adrift in the boundless expanse of the sea. Startled and disoriented, she struggles to piece together the events that led her here, her mind clouded with confusion. Surveying her surroundings, she is greeted by the vastness of the ocean stretching endlessly around her, a sight that fills her with apprehension and a gnawing sense of fear. Despite her efforts to recollect, the memories remain elusive, leaving her with a sense of unease as she grapples with the uncertainty of her circumstances and the mysteries shrouding her journey across the open waters.

Alone on the boat, Camilla's solitude weighs heavily as she watches the rhythmic dance of the waves guiding her vessel across the expansive ocean. Despite her exhaustion and lingering weakness from the ordeal in the rain, a sense of relief washes over her, knowing she is now out of immediate danger. As the boat glides steadily forward, propelled by the gentle caress of wind and tide, Camilla finds solace in the serene expanse surrounding her. Lost in contemplation, she reflects on her circumstances, contemplating the vastness of the open sea and the uncertain journey that lies ahead.

The relentless rain persists and the waves swell in intensity, the boat is tossed and turned amidst the tumultuous sea. Camilla's mounting panic is palpable as she grapples with the realization that the vessel may be nearing its limits against the onslaught of rain and waves. Fear grips her heart as uncertainty looms large, leaving her at a loss for what course of action to take. With no land in sight and the horizon shrouded in darkness, she is left to confront the daunting reality of her isolation and the perilous expanse of the open ocean stretching endlessly around her.

Camilla: clinging to the boat's railing, eyes wide with fear This... this can't be happening.

Inner Voice: whispers urgently Stay calm, Camilla. Focus on finding a solution.

Camilla: voice trembling What solution? We're at the mercy of the sea, and it's showing us no mercy at all.

Inner Voice: There must be something we can do. We can't give up hope now.

Camilla: frantically searching the horizon  But there's nothing! No land, no sign of rescue... just endless darkness and chaos.

Inner Voice: We have to keep trying, Camilla. We have to believe that there's a way out of this.

Amidst the tumultuous sea, Camilla's eyes strain through the relentless downpour and crashing waves, catching a glimpse of a distant shape emerging from the storm. With a flicker of hope, she believes it to be the silhouette of an island, though uncertainty clouds her vision. Despite the relentless push and pull of wind and tide, the boat inches closer towards the elusive sanctuary. With bated breath, Camilla fixates on the island, her heart swelling with anticipation, praying that it holds the promise of the refuge and security she so fervently seeks.

Following a grueling journey fraught with challenges, the boat at last reaches the shores of the island. With painstaking precision and effort, Camilla maneuvers the vessel, skillfully navigating past treacherous rocks and turbulent waters to ensure a safe landing. As the boat finally comes to rest on solid ground, Camilla steps ashore, her weary body trembling with exhaustion and relief. With a heavy sigh, she embraces the solid earth beneath her feet, gratitude flooding her senses as she revels in the newfound safety and security after a harrowing voyage through the tempestuous seas.

Camilla: breathing heavily, stepping onto the shore We made it... against all odds, we made it.

She collapses to her knees, feeling the coarse sand beneath her fingers, a stark contrast to the relentless motion of the ocean.

Camilla: lifting her head to the sky Thank you. Thank you for guiding me safely to shore.

Surveying the unfamiliar terrain of the island, Camilla is plagued by confusion and uncertainty surrounding her sudden predicament. Struggling to recollect the events leading up to her voyage, she grapples with the unsettling notion that she may have been abducted or subjected to some other inexplicable circumstance. Nonetheless, a profound sense of gratitude washes over her as she acknowledges the relief of being out of harm's way and grounded on solid land once more. With resolve set in her heart, Camilla sets out to unravel the mysteries of the island, determined to find refuge and sanctuary as night descends upon her newfound haven.

As Camilla completes docking the boat and secures it on land, a sudden clamor of footsteps pierces the silence, causing her to freeze in apprehension. With heightened senses, she scans her surroundings, searching for the source of the unsettling sound. Anxious and on edge, she acknowledges the stark reality of her solitude on the isolated island, acutely aware of her vulnerability to any potential threat. Remaining vigilant, she braces herself for whatever may unfold, prepared to confront the unknown with unwavering resolve.

Camilla: eyes narrowing as she approaches the wooden chest There's something about this... something familiar.

She runs closer to the box

Nervously scanning her surroundings, Camilla's attention is drawn to the wooden chest or box she had encountered in Rome and Egypt. Sensing a newfound significance attached to it, her intuition compels her to explore its potential importance in this unfamiliar setting. With a sense of cautious curiosity, she fixates on the enigmatic container, pondering the mysteries it may hold within the confines of this remote island. Determined to unravel its secrets, she remains transfixed, her gaze unwavering as she awaits further insight into its presence amidst the unfolding uncertainty of her surroundings.

Camilla: gasping softly It's... it's from Rome and miraculously got in Egypt. How did it end up here?

She sifts through the items, each one stirring memories and emotions long buried beneath the surface.

Camilla: voice trembling Could this be a sign? A clue to why I've been brought to this island?

Her mind races with possibilities as she carefully examines each artifact, determined to uncover the truth hidden within their ancient whispers.

Camilla remains rooted in place, her gaze fixated on the box, a perplexing anomaly amidst the tranquil surroundings of the island. Its foreboding presence casts a shadow over the serenity of the landscape, stirring a sense of unease and trepidation within her. A palpable tension grips her as she hesitates, reluctant to approach the enigmatic object for fear of the secrets it may hold. Each passing moment only serves to deepen her apprehension, leaving her stranded in a state of anxious anticipation, her every instinct urging caution in the face of the unknown.

Turning her focus to the verdant surroundings, Camilla finds solace in the lush canopy of trees enveloping the island. Despite the lingering rain, the serene ambiance of the lush greenery offers a welcome reprieve, easing the tension that had gripped her moments before. With a sense of relief, she observes the gradual subsiding of the storm, a hopeful sign of brighter skies ahead.

Despite her lingering apprehension regarding the mysterious box, Camilla's determination to seek assistance propels her forward. Ignoring her unease, she plunges into the depths of the forest, each stride carrying her closer to the possibility of finding refuge in a nearby town or village. Darting between trees and navigating through dense undergrowth, she presses onward, fueled by the hope of encountering civilization beyond the sheltering embrace of the woodland sanctuary. As she ventures deeper into the forest, the gentle patter of rain provides a soothing backdrop, offering a semblance of comfort amidst the encroaching shadows of the dense foliage.

As Camilla races through the forest, a glimmer of hope ignites within her as she catches sight of a group of figures ahead. With bated breath, she approaches, her heart pounding with anticipation. Relief floods over her as she realizes they are not soldiers but rather ordinary civilians. Drawing near, she musters the courage to inquire about their location.

Camilla: breathless but determined, approaching a group of strangers
Excuse me, could you please tell me where we are?

Female Stranger: turning to face her, a kind smile on their face You're in Melita, friend. A city of refuge and sanctuary.

Camilla: eyes widening with relief Melita... Thank you. Thank you so much.

Female Stranger: nodding Of course. Are you in need of assistance?

Camilla: nodding gratefully Yes, I've been through quite the ordeal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Female Stranger: extending a hand
Come, we'll take you to safety. Melita may be unfamiliar to you, but you'll find warmth and hospitality within its walls.

Camilla: taking the offered hand, her heart swelling with gratitude Thank you. I can't tell you how much this means to me.

To her immense relief, one of the strangers informs her that they are in Melita, a bustling city or settlement. Gratitude washes over Camilla as she follows the group into the heart of the city, her spirits buoyed by the prospect of finding assistance and empathy amidst the welcoming embrace of unfamiliar faces. With renewed optimism, she embraces the journey ahead, hopeful that within the bustling streets of Melita, she may find the answers and support she so desperately seeks.

Female Stranger: Do you know the box that gives a curse?

Camilla's heart skips a beat at the stranger's unexpected mention of the box. She hadn't divulged any information about it, yet the stranger's awareness of its existence sends a chill down her spine. A sense of unease creeps over her, casting a shadow of doubt upon the innocuous object she had previously dismissed.

Suddenly, the box looms before her with newfound significance, its enigmatic presence now tinged with a sense of foreboding. What had once seemed innocuous now feels fraught with potential danger. With each passing moment, Camilla's apprehension deepens, her mind racing with unsettling possibilities about the true nature of the mysterious box. As the weight of uncertainty settles upon her, she finds herself consumed by a sense of fear and trepidation, grappling with the unsettling realization that the stranger's revelation may have unearthed something far more sinister lurking within the confines of the wooden container.

Camilla: heart pounding, eyes wide with disbelief  How... how do you know about the box?

Female Stranger: smirking knowingly Let's just say, some things have a way of making themselves known.

Camilla: clutching her chest, a shiver running down her spine But I never mentioned it to anyone. How could you possibly know?

Female Stranger: shrugging nonchalantly  There are forces at play beyond our understanding, my dear. Forces that connect us all in ways we can't comprehend.

Camilla: eyes narrowing, voice trembling What do you mean? What are you implying?

Female Stranger: leaning in, their expression is grave  Be cautious, Camilla. Some secrets are best left undisturbed. The box may hold answers you're not ready to uncover.

Camilla: swallowing hard, her resolve wavering But... but I need to know. I need to understand.

Female Stranger: Anyway I'm Decima

Camilla: eyeing decima warily, her voice quavering Decima... that's an unusual name.

Decima: smirking knowingly unusual, perhaps, but fitting for someone with a penchant for unraveling the threads of fate.

Camilla exchanges introductions with the stranger, Decima, she can't help but take note of the uniqueness of her name. However, any curiosity is quickly overshadowed by Decima's unsettling revelation about her own experiences with a similar box.

Camilla: swallowing hard, her unease growing What do you mean?

Decima: leaning in closer, her gaze intense I've encountered a box much like yours before. It brought nothing but turmoil and despair.

Camilla: eyes widening with alarm Turmoil... despair?

Decima: nodding solemnly It's not just a simple wooden box, Camilla. It's a vessel for something far more sinister.

Camilla: But... but why? What could possibly be inside?

Decima: shaking her head Some questions are better left unanswered. Trust me when I say, the less you know, the safer you'll be.

Camilla: feeling a chill run down to her spine  But I can't just ignore it. I need to understand.

Decima: placing a hand on Camilla's shoulder Sometimes, understanding comes at too high a cost. Be careful, Camilla. Some mysteries are best left unsolved.

With each passing moment, Camilla's apprehension deepens, her mind awash with troubling thoughts. Decima's ominous warning only serves to validate her suspicions, amplifying her sense of dread and concern. What had initially appeared as a simple wooden box now looms before her as a potential harbinger of peril, its true significance veiled in mystery and uncertainty. As the weight of realization settles upon her, Camilla finds herself gripped by a profound sense of worry, confronted with the chilling possibility that the innocuous object in her possession may indeed conceal a threat far greater than she had ever imagined.

As Decima shares the origins of her own encounter with a similar box, Camilla's curiosity is piqued by the intriguing details of its retrieval from a hidden cave in Rome. Yet, the absence of any explanation regarding her mother's motives for seeking out the box only serves to deepen the mystery shrouding its existence. The revelation of its clandestine concealment adds a layer of intrigue and danger to the enigma surrounding the box.

Camilla: listening intently to decima's story, her curiosity mounting every single detail
A hidden cave in Rome... How fascinating.

Decima: nodding gravely Indeed, it was a discovery that changed everything. But what truly matters is what lies within that cave.

Camilla: furrowing her brow And what was that?

Decima: pausing, her expression somber power, Camilla. Power beyond comprehension, wrapped in the guise of a simple box.

Camilla: eyes widening with realization Power? But... for what purpose?

Decima: shrugging That, my dear, is a question I'm still trying to answer. But one thing is certain—there are those who would stop at nothing to possess it.

Despite her burgeoning curiosity, Camilla finds herself increasingly wary of the implications tied to the box's secretive origins. Decima's tale serves as a stark reminder of the potential peril lurking within its wooden confines, fueling Camilla's growing sense of unease and suspicion. With each passing revelation, the once-ordinary object transforms into a symbol of uncertainty and apprehension, its true purpose veiled in shadow and uncertainty. As Camilla grapples with the weight of newfound knowledge, she is left to confront the unsettling reality that the box may harbor secrets far darker than she could have ever imagined.

Camilla's memory resurfaces, she can't shake the possibility that the box she encountered in the cave and Decima's mother's box may be one and the same. With a sense of urgency, she confides in Decima, recounting every detail of her own unsettling encounter with the mysterious box and the strange occurrences that have followed since its discovery.

Camilla: voice trembling with urgently Decima, I need to tell you something. I think... I think the box you described and the one I found in the cave may be one and the same.

-------------------------------------------

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

284K 54.8K 10
Everything changed the day the King ordered me to seduce his son and bring him back to the Kingdom. He was my best friend. As per the order of things...
3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
The Boyfriend App De Mon D Rea

Ficțiune adolescenți

1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
275K 18.7K 159
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...